518TitleistX's incarnation of golfing perfection.

My club (Saratoga National) is opening on April 12th, but yeah as you said Rymail, the weather looks terrible the upcoming week. We were supposed to open on 4/6, obviously that wasn't happening. Everything seems so damp. I was hoping when I got back from a nice 5 day Florida trip in early March that were were a few weeks away! If either of you guys would like to get out with me at some point this season, just let me know. We have a lot of fun member / bring a guest events. I'll set up a PM with us soon and we can discuss.

Yeah I'd be interested in meeting somewhere and playing.

Going to hold my handicap at Saratoga National, but play all over. I joined a 9 hole league on Tuesday afternoons to keep the game sharp at a semi new course to me. (Frear Park) and yes I have signed up for several NYS Amateur series tournaments. The first of which is 5/11 at the Kaluhyat course at Turning stone resort, then #2 is at Leatherstocking at the Otesaga Resort in Cooperstown. #3 is in June at En-Joie golf club in Endicott (home of the Dick's Sporting goods open on the champions tour) then I'll be playing july 30th at shaker Ridge country club and August at Colonie country club. The Mid-Am qualifier for the albany region is at a course I know EXTREMELY well at Eagle Crest golf course on 9/6. I'm sure the capital district golf championship and a few other local tournaments will be thrown in there as well.

As far as fun trips, July looks to be busy. I'm heading out to cape cod for vacation and will be looking to play a few courses all over New England... then to Bethpage black hopefully July 28th or 29th.

Sounds like you have your season pretty well planned out, I'm envious of that. I imagine planning it that far in advance it gives you time to kinda prepare prior to each tournament especially if some of the courses are setup quite a bit different then what you normally play. I always "want" to play in more tournaments but it just never happens, we just don't have that many around here. There not something I ever plan on winning but its just a lot of fun to do.

rymail00 2018 WITB [i][b] [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1605910-rymail00-2018-witb-pic-heavy/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...witb-pic-heavy/[/url][/b][/i]

[size=3]TM M1 430 8.5* Tour Issue w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70s (with high gloss SLDR finish from Continental Golf)
Titleist 917 F3 15* D+ 80s
Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s
Titleist AP2 718, 5-50* Steelfiber i95s
Scratch TD DW 54* 58* KBS HiRev
Odyssey Metal X Milled 330M (current gamer) [/size]
[size=3]Ping Scottsdale TR B60[/size]
[size=3]TP Mills Heritage 349g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan 006 355g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan Makers Proof #4/5 solid copper [/size]
[size=3]C&L CL1 368g[/size]
Scotty Cameron Newport Studio Style

My problem is that I tend to over think my tournaments. I plan every tee shot, what club to hit, what approach yardage I want, etc. Everything before I ever step on the first tee. I play better going in blind sometimes so I don't let my head get in the way.

TaylorMade SiM 6.5* Graphite Design AD HD 6x Tipped 1"
Titleist TSR2+ 3w (C1) 12.25*  Tensei 1K Black 75x

Titleist TSi3 17* (C1) Hybrid Fujikura Motore Speeder Tour spec HB 8.8X 

Titleist U505 4i Mitsubishi MMT 105TX
Titleist T100S 5i-PW Mitsubishi MMT 105TX
Vokey SM9 48*F, 53*F, 58*S DG TI Onyx S400's
Artisan SS 0217 Putter
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/777451-518titleistx-2013-witb-warning-heavy-titleist-content-inside/"]WITB Link[/url]

My problem is that I tend to over think my tournaments. I plan every tee shot, what club to hit, what approach yardage I want, etc. Everything before I ever step on the first tee. I play better going in blind sometimes so I don't let my head get in the way.

I can see how that could be problem.

* Situation and your swing that day could possibly put some doubt into it, or 2nd guessing.

* Also where you stand score wise, if it's a 2 or 3 day tournament, and if your on good stretch holes or the opposite and you need to force the issue to make up strokes etc.

I can see what you mean though, especially being a longer player it must just bring many more options off the tee. Luckily for me and my 100-102 mph club head speed just allows me to hit driver on 90% of par 4's and 5's so it makes planning a bit easier. Since I'm short its always just hit driver :D

rymail00 2018 WITB [i][b] [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1605910-rymail00-2018-witb-pic-heavy/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...witb-pic-heavy/[/url][/b][/i]

[size=3]TM M1 430 8.5* Tour Issue w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70s (with high gloss SLDR finish from Continental Golf)
Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s

Togatown, definitely would love to get out a time or 2 with you around national. I've got some vouchers coming for early season golf already there. $65 is a whole lot better than $195

You guys would be my guests; no worries. Use the vouchers though, they are a great deal. I'm thinking sometime like mid-late June would be great for a round, the course is normally playing nice and fast by then.

i'll keep you guys posted. We also have a cool spring event that might be fun; again, I'll get the dates for some things and PM you guys!

TSR2 10 Ventus Blue velocore  6S
Paradym Ai Smoke 3D  Ventus Red velocore 7S
Apex '21 19 + 21  GD ADDI 85S
MP20 HMB 5-P Steelfiber S 110
SM9 50F, 55M, 60K Steelfiber S 95
Toulon Chicago

SOUNDS GREAT!

Artisan SS 0217 Putter
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/777451-518titleistx-2013-witb-warning-heavy-titleist-content-inside/"]WITB Link[/url]

Of course! You and I also have a mutual buddy - Joe C. out in Syracuse.

Might be fun to try and get us all together.

Good luck in your events; keep us posted here!

Jeff

Toulon Chicago

Mohawk river country club.

Nice. Haven't been there yet. Even with Hiland being my home course. I will be playing in the annual ARC tourney at Saratoga National in May. I can't wait!

Ping G LST 9*
Callaway Epic 3w & 5w Diamana Thump
X2 Hot #4 Hybrid Matrix White Tie
Ping ie1 5 - GW Nippon SPO
Cleveland RTX-3 54* 58*

Airway meadows is opening their front 9 to walkers tomorrow. Stadium is open. Mohawk river is open and evergreen is open as well. The rest should be opening over the next week or 2

I think airway is letting carts out now. Chances are high that I'll be going somewhere this Monday & Tuesday!

On another note. Any idea of how well the guys at exit 8 are at bending clubs? I might want to bend my wedges 2* stronger. Haven't heard any feedback on how they are there with bending clubs.

Ping G LST 9*
Cleveland RTX-3 54* 58*

Airway meadows is opening their front 9 to walkers tomorrow. Stadium is open. Mohawk river is open and evergreen is open as well. The rest should be opening over the next week or 2

I think airway is letting carts out now. Chances are high that I'll be going somewhere this Monday & Tuesday!

On another note. Any idea of how well the guys at exit 8 are at bending clubs? I might want to bend my wedges 2* stronger. Haven't heard any feedback on how they are there with bending clubs.

I've had clubs adjusted there while I wait. Mark is who I usually have do my work and they charge $5/club to bend unless you purchased the clubs through them. He tends to do a pretty good job in my opinion

Artisan SS 0217 Putter

• 1 month later...

I've got a few rounds in on the year now. started out very sketchy.. mid to high 80's and got pretty worried things were way off. I found something off the tee and have been playing MUCH better since then. I shot 73 in a NYSGA Amateur series event at Leatherstocking Golf course in Cooperstown to win by 5 shots (yes, baseball hall of fame cooperstown) had a couple good rounds since then. shot 37 for 9 holes at a course i was unfamiliar with (par 36) from the tips and its a 7100 yard layout. Then yesterday played a local course from the tips (6951yds) shot +2 on the front and had a few balls get lost on the back 9. wet sloppy conditions and balls were going subterranean when landing and getting lost. ended up shooting a smooth 80. found that the Tensei pro white 90Tx i had in my 818h2 is NOT the right shaft for me. last year i was hitting my 816h2 with speeder 8.8x 225-230 carry... with the Tensei im lucky to carry it 210. Tensei going bye bye, speeder on its way back in the bag. A couple memorable shots from yesterday.. 7th hole, 352 yards. hit 3w off the tee and tugged it left, hit a tree and dropped. 135 yards to a back pin.. made the mistake and went long over the back in 2. attempted a high flop onto the green and went right under it.. now hitting 4... perfect high flop but thought i hit it way too hard... lands in the hole on the fly from about 10 yards over the green for par..... then the tee shot on 10. hole is 392 straight away. pounded driver nice tight high baby draw .. get up to the fairway and cvant find the ball... look around and it plugged deep. pull the ball out, then laser the pin... 101 left to the flag. 291 yard carry... ill take that all day long, just wish i got some roll out after that haha. 28 putts on the day. a good showing for me with the flatstick.

Artisan SS 0217 Putter

I love Leatherstocking golf course. That and Sagamore outside Lake George are my favorite courses in the entire Nation! It's about the only thing I miss about my home state.

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/52967-thug-hunters-bag/page__hl__thug+hunter"]WITB Link[/url]

Titleist 915 8.5º D3 Rogue Black 70X
Titleist 915F 16.5º Rogue Black 70X
Titleist 816 H2 21º Diamana 70S
Titleist 712 AP2 3-PW S300
Titleist SM6 52º & 58º Jet Black
Odyssey Black Series Tour Design #2 or #8
Under Armour Storm Match Play stand bag (Blue Marker)

I've got a few rounds in on the year now. started out very sketchy.. mid to high 80's and got pretty worried things were way off. I found something off the tee and have been playing MUCH better since then. I shot 73 in a NYSGA Amateur series event at Leatherstocking Golf course in Cooperstown to win by 5 shots (yes, baseball hall of fame cooperstown) had a couple good rounds since then. shot 37 for 9 holes at a course i was unfamiliar with (par 36) from the tips and its a 7100 yard layout. Then yesterday played a local course from the tips (6951yds) shot +2 on the front and had a few balls get lost on the back 9. wet sloppy conditions and balls were going subterranean when landing and getting lost. ended up shooting a smooth 80. found that the Tensei pro white 90Tx i had in my 818h2 is NOT the right shaft for me. last year i was hitting my 816h2 with speeder 8.8x 225-230 carry... with the Tensei im lucky to carry it 210. Tensei going bye bye, speeder on its way back in the bag. A couple memorable shots from yesterday.. 7th hole, 352 yards. hit 3w off the tee and tugged it left, hit a tree and dropped. 135 yards to a back pin.. made the mistake and went long over the back in 2. attempted a high flop onto the green and went right under it.. now hitting 4... perfect high flop but thought i hit it way too hard... lands in the hole on the fly from about 10 yards over the green for par..... then the tee shot on 10. hole is 392 straight away. pounded driver nice tight high baby draw .. get up to the fairway and cvant find the ball... look around and it plugged deep. pull the ball out, then laser the pin... 101 left to the flag. 291 yard carry... ill take that all day long, just wish i got some roll out after that haha. 28 putts on the day. a good showing for me with the flatstick.

Nice T!! Congrats on the W!

Not surprised the stock Tensei White hybrid is not working out for you. I'd guess you'd definitely fall more into the tour issue Tensei White hybrid shaft with your ss (if you were to try the Tensei line at least). Supposedly it's built with the same makeup/materials as the driver shaft but in the hybrid model (Tollbros has a great thread on it, and only comes in TX I believe?), sounds like the stock shaft is a bit watered down vs the driver shaft makeup and made more for stock OEM offerings.

Have you hit 818H2 with older shaft yet? I see it's listed in your signature.

Hope al is well!

Ryan

Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s

Nice T!! Congrats on the W!

Not surprised the stock Tensei White hybrid is not working out for you. I'd guess you'd definitely fall more into the tour issue Tensei White hybrid shaft with your ss (if you were to try the Tensei line at least). Supposedly it's built with the same makeup/materials as the driver shaft but in the hybrid model (Tollbros has a great thread on it, and only comes in TX I believe?), sounds like the stock shaft is a bit watered down vs the driver shaft makeup and made more for stock OEM offerings.

Have you hit 818H2 with older shaft yet? I see it's listed in your signature.

Hope al is well!

Ryan

I just think the Tensei white profile in general is not for me. The Speeder 8.8x is en route to me. Should hopefully have it here and in the hybrid Wednesday or Thursday. Saratoga County Amateur tournament is 6/1 & 6/2. ill be sure to give it a good workout prior to the tournament. Looking at playing 36 holes this Sunday assuming nice weather. 18 in the morning at Airway Meadows and 18 in the afternoon at Kingsbury National.

Artisan SS 0217 Putter

How is saratoga national? Only played the spa course in my 10 years in the capital region. Stadium is good for practice, and is always dry, but with all the trees they've removed I've been looking for a longer/tighter course

It honestly depends on the time of year you play it and how much you want to pay. Im sure mid summer its fantastic but i cant bring myself to pay the $195 per round fees. If you get an early season voucher and play National for $65, its a great course. Stadium is one of, if not my least favorite course in the area. Schenectady Muni, Eagle Crest, Van Patten, Saratoga Spa, Saratoga Lake (although the lake course has been known to have some of the slowest greens anywhere) Airway Meadows, Kingsbury National are all better options than Stadium. If you want narrow, Capital Hills in Albany may work for you, but I hated that course as well. The Sagamore, is also fantastic if you can get in that up in lake george.

Artisan SS 0217 Putter

How is saratoga national? Only played the spa course in my 10 years in the capital region. Stadium is good for practice, and is always dry, but with all the trees they've removed I've been looking for a longer/tighter course

Not to take the thread too far off on a tangent:

I'm probably biased as it's my home course, but I don't think there's a track in the Capital Region that's as enjoyable to play as Saratoga National- when it's playing firm and fast as designed, and when played from the proper tees for your skill level. Play it too short and it's not going to properly test your whole bag, and play it too long and it's a grind.

What often happens in the spring is that conditions are soft, and the fescue hasn't come in yet along the fairways and around the sides and tops of the bunkers so you can get away with playing much more aggressively than you can when those margins narrow and the greens start running true and fast. That's basically just starting to happen now - greens have firmed up a lot in the past 10 days or so and you have to be a lot more strategic about what angles to take off the tee and into the greens.

There's still a couple of weeks to take advantage of the voucher spring rate that's around $100 during the week and afternoon on the weekends. Last year we got a new touch-screen GPS system in the carts that is light years ahead of anything else in our area, and they're currently doing a huge expansion of our range and short game practice area that will be fully functional in a month or two.

Toulon Chicago

It honestly depends on the time of year you play it and how much you want to pay. Im sure mid summer its fantastic but i cant bring myself to pay the $195 per round fees. If you get an early season voucher and play National for $65, its a great course. Stadium is one of, if not my least favorite course in the area. Schenectady Muni, Eagle Crest, Van Patten, Saratoga Spa, Saratoga Lake (although the lake course has been known to have some of the slowest greens anywhere) Airway Meadows, Kingsbury National are all better options than Stadium. If you want narrow, Capital Hills in Albany may work for you, but I hated that course as well. The Sagamore, is also fantastic if you can get in that up in lake george.

Not to take the thread too far off on a tangent:

I'm probably biased as it's my home course, but I don't think there's a track in the Capital Region that's as enjoyable to play as Saratoga National- when it's playing firm and fast as designed, and when played from the proper tees for your skill level. Play it too short and it's not going to properly test your whole bag, and play it too long and it's a grind.

What often happens in the spring is that conditions are soft, and the fescue hasn't come in yet along the fairways and around the sides and tops of the bunkers so you can get away with playing much more aggressively than you can when those margins narrow and the greens start running true and fast. That's basically just starting to happen now - greens have firmed up a lot in the past 10 days or so and you have to be a lot more strategic about what angles to take off the tee and into the greens.

There's still a couple of weeks to take advantage of the voucher spring rate that's around $100 during the week and afternoon on the weekends. Last year we got a new touch-screen GPS system in the carts that is light years ahead of anything else in our area, and they're currently doing a huge expansion of our range and short game practice area that will be fully functional in a month or two.

What's up T,

Any chance you and Togatown want to meet and play a course somewhere? I don't care where, here, there, or in between?

Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s

I love Leatherstocking golf course. That and Sagamore outside Lake George are my favorite courses in the entire Nation! It's about the only thing I miss about my home state.

The view on #1 tee box is damn near heaven at Sagamore. Love that course.

Ping G LST 9*
Cleveland RTX-3 54* 58*

How is Hiland not this list of courses? It's my home course. Used to be a member at Kingsbury for years when was known Kingswood. Hiland is a much better course, playing conditions as well as being a tougher course.

Love eagles crest, even Cronins has become a gem. Airway the back 9 is tight, but catch it in the late season & the greens are SLOW.

Ping G LST 9*
Cleveland RTX-3 54* 58*

The view on #1 tee box is damn near heaven at Sagamore. Love that course.

It's my lock screen on my cell phone. A pic I took the last time I played there, which btw isn't as often as I'd like. Only once every other year since I don't live up there.

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/52967-thug-hunters-bag/page__hl__thug+hunter"]WITB Link[/url]

Titleist 915 8.5º D3 Rogue Black 70X
Titleist 915F 16.5º Rogue Black 70X
Titleist 816 H2 21º Diamana 70S
Titleist 712 AP2 3-PW S300
Titleist SM6 52º & 58º Jet Black
Odyssey Black Series Tour Design #2 or #8
Under Armour Storm Match Play stand bag (Blue Marker)

Ive had a few tournaments of late. Played the saratoga county amateur this past weekend, shot 84 on day 1 at eagle crest from the tips and moved to saratoga national for day 2. Shot 83 at national with a (gulp) 10 on the scorecard on hole 13. Birdied 14 then par'd the rest of the way in. Hit driver from blue tees on 18. Cart GPS said 330yards off the tee and had 91 to the stick for my 2nd. Have the Edison open this saturday, then NYSGA tournament #3 on 6/12 @ En-Joie in Endicott,NY. (Home of the Dick's Sporting goods open on the champio s tour) havent played a "fun" round of golf in a couple weeks. With my League every tuesday night and the constant tournaments and trying to maintain a relationship, its stretching time thin. After En-joie, i dont have any "planned" tournaments until 7/30 but i do intend to play Bethpage Black either 7/28 or 7/29.

Artisan SS 0217 Putter

Ive had a few tournaments of late. Played the saratoga county amateur this past weekend, shot 84 on day 1 at eagle crest from the tips and moved to saratoga national for day 2. Shot 83 at national with a (gulp) 10 on the scorecard on hole 13. Birdied 14 then par'd the rest of the way in. Hit driver from blue tees on 18. Cart GPS said 330yards off the tee and had 91 to the stick for my 2nd. Have the Edison open this saturday, then NYSGA tournament #3 on 6/12 @ En-Joie in Endicott,NY. (Home of the Dick's Sporting goods open on the champio s tour) havent played a "fun" round of golf in a couple weeks. With my League every tuesday night and the constant tournaments and trying to maintain a relationship, its stretching time thin. After En-joie, i dont have any "planned" tournaments until 7/30 but i do intend to play Bethpage Black either 7/28 or 7/29.

Wow 83 with a 10? And to come back and finish the last holes at -1 is great way to battle back and not let the rest of the round go to hell.

I'm definitely jealous of all the tournaments your getting to play in. Up here there's only 1 tournament I play in and that was the 3rd week of May (2 day stroke event). Hopefully I'll be able to play in another one in July. Good luck at Bethpage Black. Have you played it before, and if so from the tips?

Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s

• 1 month later...

Been a while since ive posted.

I played a few "fun" rounds with friends for skins and closest to the pins, etc... been making out quite well with that. (More up than down i should clarify) also played the Schoharie County Amateur Open at Cobleskill country club. Only played it once prior.. par 70 layout. Shot 76 and tied for 3rd. The winner, 2nd place and kid i tied for 3rd with are all collegiate golfers. I was the "old guy" at 35 keeping up with them. If i couldve putted halfway decent i wouldve won or come close. I had 38 putts so shooting 76 you can imagine how good the ball striking mustve been haha (damn flatstick).

Bethpage is coming up on the 28th. Going to try for 2 tee times, if i manage to get the 2 times, i may have room for a couple more guys to join potentially. We shall see how it works out.

Then on 7/30 (my 36th birthday) i have a NYSGA tournament at Shaker Ridge country club in Albany.

Probably going to post up a club or 3 for sale here soon. Looking into some toys for the club hauling vehicle. Tuner, throttle body, air intake, pedal commander and setting some $ aside for a Camshaft swap and cylinder head work. Love my Hemi Ram....

Artisan SS 0217 Putter

Nice happy day (coming up). I'll be 37 a week later.

If you to play around saratoga/albany areasometime let me know. Anything knew coming for your bag or anything you've been interested in getting/trying out?

Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s

If you to play around saratoga/albany areasometime let me know. Anything knew coming for your bag or anything you've been interested in getting/trying out?

Not really much out there that im really dying to get my hands on. I was considering going 8/9/PW with 718MB and keeping the CB's in 5/6/7. Then the T-Mb in the 4i, BUT i dont think they will give me anything more than what ive already got.

Ive been rotating 3hy, 2i, and 5w in and out of the bag depending on course setup. I played yesterday at saratoga spa from the tips at 7145yds and played poorly on the front 9, but then turned it around and shot +1 on the back to finish at 82..with 29 putts for the round.

Artisan SS 0217 Putter

Not really much out there that im really dying to get my hands on. I was considering going 8/9/PW with 718MB and keeping the CB's in 5/6/7. Then the T-Mb in the 4i, BUT i dont think they will give me anything more than what ive already got.

Ive been rotating 3hy, 2i, and 5w in and out of the bag depending on course setup. I played yesterday at saratoga spa from the tips at 7145yds and played poorly on the front 9, but then turned it around and shot +1 on the back to finish at 82..with 29 putts for the round.

Same here. Nothing out there that really sparks huge interest. I mean yeah the TS line seems interesting but nothing I'm crazy about, maybe the fairways. Although the new Srixon 786 do look great! But my last 3 sets have been 710-716-718 AP2's and they've just been so good and predictable its hard to think of moving into the 786 from AP2's or anything besides maybe CB.

Hell If I'm going to have a bad 9 from tips, I'd prefer it to be on the front instead of the back, to finish with +1, 37 on the back just feels better throwing my clubs in the trunk rather 37 on the front and a mid 40's on the back to end my day and have to think about that frustrating 9 till the next I play.

Any big tourneys left this year?

Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s

• 2 weeks later...

Sooo... Bethpage trip.

We got a 4some together to go play. All single digit handicaps. My friend Adam at a 3.8, myself at a 4.9, Jason at a 5.6 and Salem at a 9.0. We arrived from albany to bethpage around 1020Am. We were able to walk onto the Yellow course for a morning round at 1052Am. Playing the yellow from the tips (just shy of 6300 yards). I made the turn at even par with a bogey on 5 and birdie on the 6th, all the rest were pars. Then on to the back. I par'd 10 and 11 then rolled in a birdie on 12. Pars on 13 and 14 then a ridiculous par save on 15 rolling in a 25 footer. Then on 16, a short par 4, I hit 4i off the tee and followed it up with a sand wedge that never left the flag from 103. A tap in birdie there left me -2 with 2 to play. A wayward drive into the left trees on 17 had me worried but recovered for par, then left my birdie putt 2 foot short on 18 for a tap in par leaving me with a -2 (69) for my first ever under par round... And that was just the start of the day!

Travis(me) -69

Adam-73

Jason-85

Salem-86

We had lunch in the clubhouse, then made our way to the Black course for our 4:06 tee time from the championship back tees approaching 7300yards that day. I wish I could tell you I shot under par on the black...well I could, but it'd be a lie. After holding my round together on the yellow and the focus of the morning round, walking the most brutal course in NY isn't the easiest proposition. I made the turn at 45... then shot 42 on the inward side. We played 17 and 18 in the dark to close things out around 845pm.

Travis-87

Adam-89

Jason-101

Salem-100

We arrived home in albany just before 2Am after a few wrong turns and a mcdonalds pitstop. Took sunday the 29th to rest, then the 30th was NYSGA Amateur series tournament at Shaker Ridge.

First time id ever seen the course. Quite a bit of elevation change and extremely quick greens. I finished with an (82) finishing tied 2nd gross and tied 1st net in the A flight.

Then my league round tuesday night the 1st of august... Im about as competetive as they come. I hate losing. Whether its golf, a foot race, a car race, chess...you name it. So i get to league and since my birthday just passed there was quite a bit of ribbing telling me i have to shoot my age for 9 now, etc and that now theres bets on the guy playing against me to take me down. BIG MISTAKE. To his credit he shot a 39 (par 36) BUT, I did shoot my age (36) and beat him 6.5 to 3.5. Figures he'd shoot his best round of the year and still get smoked. Guess they shouldnt poke the bear next time.....

In other news...

I acquired a 712U 4i head off the BST forum. Dropped off the head and a TI X100 shaft to my club builder for assembly. Also having driver and putter regripped. Should have everything ready to go by monday. Cant wait to get everything in the bag and keep the hot streak going!

Artisan SS 0217 Putter

Sooo... Bethpage trip.

We got a 4some together to go play. All single digit handicaps. My friend Adam at a 3.8, myself at a 4.9, Jason at a 5.6 and Salem at a 9.0. We arrived from albany to bethpage around 1020Am. We were able to walk onto the Yellow course for a morning round at 1052Am. Playing the yellow from the tips (just shy of 6300 yards). I made the turn at even par with a bogey on 5 and birdie on the 6th, all the rest were pars. Then on to the back. I par'd 10 and 11 then rolled in a birdie on 12. Pars on 13 and 14 then a ridiculous par save on 15 rolling in a 25 footer. Then on 16, a short par 4, I hit 4i off the tee and followed it up with a sand wedge that never left the flag from 103. A tap in birdie there left me -2 with 2 to play. A wayward drive into the left trees on 17 had me worried but recovered for par, then left my birdie putt 2 foot short on 18 for a tap in par leaving me with a -2 (69) for my first ever under par round... And that was just the start of the day!

Travis(me) -69

Adam-73

Jason-85

Salem-86

We had lunch in the clubhouse, then made our way to the Black course for our 4:06 tee time from the championship back tees approaching 7300yards that day. I wish I could tell you I shot under par on the black...well I could, but it'd be a lie. After holding my round together on the yellow and the focus of the morning round, walking the most brutal course in NY isn't the easiest proposition. I made the turn at 45... then shot 42 on the inward side. We played 17 and 18 in the dark to close things out around 845pm.

Travis-87

Adam-89

Jason-101

Salem-100

We arrived home in albany just before 2Am after a few wrong turns and a mcdonalds pitstop. Took sunday the 29th to rest, then the 30th was NYSGA Amateur series tournament at Shaker Ridge.

First time id ever seen the course. Quite a bit of elevation change and extremely quick greens. I finished with an (82) finishing tied 2nd gross and tied 1st net in the A flight.

Then my league round tuesday night the 1st of august... Im about as competetive as they come. I hate losing. Whether its golf, a foot race, a car race, chess...you name it. So i get to league and since my birthday just passed there was quite a bit of ribbing telling me i have to shoot my age for 9 now, etc and that now theres bets on the guy playing against me to take me down. BIG MISTAKE. To his credit he shot a 39 (par 36) BUT, I did shoot my age (36) and beat him 6.5 to 3.5. Figures he'd shoot his best round of the year and still get smoked. Guess they shouldnt poke the bear next time.....

In other news...

I acquired a 712U 4i head off the BST forum. Dropped off the head and a TI X100 shaft to my club builder for assembly. Also having driver and putter regripped. Should have everything ready to go by monday. Cant wait to get everything in the bag and keep the hot streak going!

Congrats on your 1st subpar round!

I think if you maybe had played the Black course, while fresh (and not finishing in the dark) you probably would of shaved off a few strokes.

Man these tourneys sound like so much fun. I hope to get into some next year.

Hope the 712 works out. If you have some free time come on up and play at my home course. It' got a great lay out (by far the best in the area by mile), is in good condition right now. The greens are kinda slow but roll good.

Again congrats on the 2 under round.

Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s

• 2 weeks later...

Played a local course club championship last weekend (Eagle Crest) for their 2 day event. The course will be hosting the NY Mid-Am qualifier for the albany region on 9/6 so i figured why not give it a shot. Started out with a pretty poor 81 from the tips (6950yds) on saturday. Turned thi gs around and shot the low round of the day on sunday but was a couple shots short of the win. Ended up finishing 2nd place gross there last weekend.

Today was a one day stroke play tournament at VanPatten golf club from about 6400 yards. Course was extremely wet and shaggy from all the rain lately and the greens were deathly slow. I posted a 77 (40 front, 37 back) which was good enough for 3rd place gross.

Tomorrow is my final regular season NYSGA Amateur series tournament at Colonie golf and country club. Hopefully i can put up a solid score and bank enough points to ensure my place in the end of year championship.

Artisan SS 0217 Putter