2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Old Navy Slim Go-Dry Pants - how do they hold up?

On a similar note, would you guys consider this similar to the Nike Modern Washed pant?

https://oldnavy.gap....1&pid=207713012

I've got a few of the Nike Modern Washed style, love the fit and blend. The old navy one above seems similar. Might just pick up a pair to have, just in case... Man I have way too much pants.

I am a GM for Old Navy and I like these pants but the legs are definitely on the slimmer side compared to our other khakis, almost between a slim fit and skinny. The material is nice but I prefer the performance khakis from Gap (I have 4 pairs of them.) They are a great value when we do 50% off all active product, which happens every month or so. I just wish they fit a little closer to the other slim khakis we sell which fit great.

so in my basket I got the GapFit Hybrid Khakis and the Dry Quick Ultimate Khakis but cant decide which one. The old Navy khaki is 4 bucks cheaper, but the Gap khakis are wind and water resistant (still under $36).

Semarlor, is the fit the same on the standard Slim Flex Ultimate Khakis as the Dry Quick ones? And are the Gap ones the same or slimmer?

Maybe I should just get one of each....MatriMike i'm in the same boat as you, too many pants.

So sorry, I am just now seeing this! The fit on all 3 should be similar but the difference in tbe material could have an impact. The Slim Ultimate Khaki is softer would could change the impression of the fit...if that makes any sense.

I will say that our return policy is pretty good so you've got 45 days to get a full refund...so it may be worth giving both a shot.

A little off topic...

I've got five pairs of shorts from Old Navy getting delivered today that I hope to use for golf. I'll post styles and impressions in the next few days if anyone else is looking for a low cost way to update their shorts wardrobe.

I'm specifically interested in wearing shorts that aren't so blousy-baggy going forward. I think what I ordered will fit the bill.

TSi3 9.0 (A4)  Tensei Raw Blue 65 Stiff 

TS2 15 (B1) Project X Even Flow White 75 6.0
TS3 19 (C4) Project X Even Flow White 90 6.0
i59 4-W DG 120 S300
Glide Forged Pro (52/56/60) DG 120 S300
Scotty Cameron 009m and Tour Newport 
Pro V1x Yellow 

A little off topic...

I've got five pairs of shorts from Old Navy getting delivered today that I hope to use for golf. I'll post styles and impressions in the next few days if anyone else is looking for a low cost way to update their shorts wardrobe.

I'm specifically interested in wearing shorts that aren't so blousy-baggy going forward. I think what I ordered will fit the bill.

yeah would love an update when you do give them a try...

A little off topic...

Which ones, post some pics if you don't mind.

A little off topic...

Which pair? I'd be interested too. Funny how when younger, baggy shorts was in, now, everything is tight.. just like the 80's.. except cooler. LOL

A little off topic...

Which pair? I'd be interested too. Funny how when younger, baggy shorts was in, now, everything is tight.. just like the 80's.. except cooler. LOL

I've got a few pairs of the Slim Ultimate Built-In Flex Shorts coming, one pair of Slim Built-In Flex Ultimate Dry-Quick Shorts, and one pair of Ultimate Slim Built-In Flex Ripstop shorts.

I'm really excited about the Ripstops...cool texture, and ripstop is generally a lighter material.

And yes...funny how style just swings back and forth once in a while.

i59 4-W DG 120 S300
Pro V1x Yellow 

Just bought the green pair and they seem comfy. Just a hair long which is always the case for me sadly, having them hemmed a hair. Nice tapered slim fit, I will wear these for work as well why not!

Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
Fairway: Titleist 917F2
Hybrid: A-Grind
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
Putter: Evnroll 9.1
Balls: ProV1

A little off topic...

I've got a few pairs of the Slim Ultimate Built-In Flex Shorts coming, one pair of Slim Built-In Flex Ultimate Dry-Quick Shorts, and one pair of Ultimate Slim Built-In Flex Ripstop shorts.

I'm really excited about the Ripstops...cool texture, and ripstop is generally a lighter material.

Okay...I'd say avoid shorts if you're looking for performance materials. Dry-Quick shorts are horrible...plastic more or less. I really like the ripstops and others...I'll keep them because they were about 11 bucks each with the discount and super cash applied.

i59 4-W DG 120 S300
Pro V1x Yellow 

I still think the best pants by far are Adidas Utimate 360's. Hands done the thinnest most comfy pants on the planet.

Agreed. And super stretchy

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

I still think the best pants by far are Adidas Utimate 360's. Hands done the thinnest most comfy pants on the planet.

How much is a pair? Are they slim and tapered fit? Any links for good deals?

Amazon usually has the cheapest but it’s random colors and sizes.

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

I found a pretty solid new short.. jcrew tech short. On sale now too.

I've recently been on a kick buying things I can wear for golf and casual because it's easier to sneak golf purchases by my wife lol.

Nice! I love J Crew shorts, but the cotton they've always been made of is not very good for golfing. And they come in 7" inseam too, which is awesome. Will be picking these up!

I am a 31" inseam, go 30 or 32?

Just get both. and return the one you don't like. :) I have to get it hemmed from 32 to 31.

They have the black in 28x30, but grey only in 28/32, probably grab one of each, got 20%, $64 for 2 pair.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T150 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Toulon Portland Garage 
ProV1x

I've recently been on a kick buying things I can wear for golf and casual because it's easier to sneak golf purchases by my wife lol.

Nice! I love J Crew shorts, but the cotton they've always been made of is not very good for golfing. And they come in 7" inseam too, which is awesome. Will be picking these up!

The "Stretch" are the cotton/spandex blend, which are super comfortable but agree not great for golf.

Make sure to check out the Jcrew Tech. They are a nylon/poly blend, so they are pretty much made for being active (also come in 10.5", 9", 7" so good length options for all). Just wished they had some more color options in the tech. I've been looking for a "loud" color to break up my obsession with grey/navy/black. I started another thread about Vineyard Vines because they do have some awesome colors, but I don't particularly like the feel of the shorts for $88... not that Jcrew are much cheaper, but I have a $50 gift card and they are running any 2 items for 20% off or any 3 items for 30% off deal right now so I can basically get these for free.

The "Stretch" are the cotton/spandex blend, which are super comfortable but agree not great for golf.

Make sure to check out the Jcrew Tech. They are a nylon/poly blend, so they are pretty much made for being active (also come in 10.5", 9", 7" so good length options for all). Just wished they had some more color options in the tech. I've been looking for a "loud" color to break up my obsession with grey/navy/black. I started another thread about Vineyard Vines because they do have some awesome colors, but I don't particularly like the feel of the shorts for $88... not that Jcrew are much cheaper, but I have a $50 gift card and they are running any 2 items for 20% off or any 3 items for 30% off deal right now so I can basically get these for free.

I LOVE Vineyard Vines, but I can't find a way to weasel a discount or great deal.

i59 4-W DG 120 S300
Pro V1x Yellow 

I haven't worn a pair of pants that I don't roll the cuffs on in probably 5 years, so my vote would be to get the 32's and just roll them once or twice.

You are a mile high guy. Go to The Stitchery in Wheat Ridge if you need a tailor. Reasonable and fast.

drn92

Awesome, great to know! I have plenty of pants that are incredibly too long. One or two rolls of the cuff is fine...but I have some H&M jeans that I legit have to roll about 6 times. It's a solid 6" of fabric bunched up around my ankle.

I have a pair of these and love them, good fit, as others mentioned, call them straight fit, not skinny.

only gripe would be the mesh pockets, and could use 2 more belt loops. For the cost, not going to complain.

waiting for the next 50% and combine the ON cash.

I’ve been thinking about having 2 belt loops added. Might check with my tailor!

drn92

A little off topic...

Okay...I'd say avoid shorts if you're looking for performance materials. Dry-Quick shorts are horrible...plastic more or less. I really like the ripstops and others...I'll keep them because they were about 11 bucks each with the discount and super cash applied.

The "Built in flex Performance Shorts" are way better than the Dry-Quick. I agree that they feel plastic-ish....almost like a swim suit material. Give these a try if you haven't yet...

https://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=1061504&pcid=1053133&vid=1&pid=208470032

By the way, fellas....4/28 we will have 50% off all Active product for one day only. It would include the pants we have been talking about and the shorts I linked in the post right above this one. You heard it here first!

Ok, I'll make sure my Gap card is ready to spend that day :) Thanks!

DR: Mavrik SZ - Tour AD XC 7S
5W: Mavrik SZ - Tour AD XC 8S
3H: Titleist 816 H2 - Speeder 8.8X
Irons (4-P): Mizuno MP-20 MMC - KBS $ X
Wedges (50,54,58): Mizuno T20 Raw - KBS $ X
Putter: Seemore Nashville
Ball: 2021 Pro V1

I saw this thread a few days back and stopped into Old Navy to check out the shorts. I usually play in whatever cotton I have because I'm sorry, I can't justify $70 for freaking shorts, not right now in life anyways. I tried a pair on in Old Navy and yeah, they feel awesome.

I ordered 4 pairs and will give them a go when they arrive this week. I can't see how these won't work out great. And bonus, I do a lot of saltwater fly fishing so these should be great for hot days on the bow the skiff as well!

I will report back later this week . . .

*The NE Florida Golf Realtor*

Titleist TSi3 9 deg / PX Hazardous Smoke Black RDX

Titleist 915 F 15 deg / Diamana 70
Titleist TSi2 18 deg Hybrid / PX Hazardous Smoke Black RDX
Titleist 716 MB PW-6i / T100 4i-5i Project X 6.0

Titleist Vokey SM5 50/8F

Titleist Vokey SM9 54/10S 58/10S

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5