PING Putter Prices...anyone paying?

5hort5tuff

Just popped into golftown today to take care of some business. I picked up a few putters off the rack..rolled em...And really got to liking some of the newer Taylormade and Odyssey offerings.

I'm a big PING guy. When I picked up one of the new vault 2.0 Pipers...I also really liked it. Looks great...rolls great, but the prices read 399$!!

399 + tax is basically 450$ CAD or $360 USD.

Is anyone considering buying these right now? Many of the taylormade and Odysseys (and other brands) are still under $300. Spend another $50 and you have a scotty that holds its value much better.

Any thoughts? Would you buy?

PING G400 Max 
Maltby STi2  Fairway

Maltby STi2 Hybrid 

Maltby STI2 Irons 
Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50 54 58

BBFandCo Roulette
MannKrafted Carbon Rattler XL
TP Mills Stainless Softtail
Krew Blade

Mannkrafted HotRod

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the idea when pricing is what works the best, the "Cameron Collector" has changed putter and the respective so called value recently. Back in the day Ping putters were some of the best around in more recent years with specific player contracts more players migrate to Odyssey and Scotty's due to the paycheck where Ping does very little if you are not a staff player. So going back to the initial question if it works pay the price I know we have all heard this before get fitted, feel the putter etc. I can say with great confidence there are no members on this board that wouldn't spend an extra $50 or so if that putter works best for them. Better yet make a circle P Ping putter only made to touring pros with different paint, headcovers blah blah blah and they can sell for 2k and guess what we buy them, then retail a very similar version for $400 and we buy them as well. Welcome to the crazy golf industry!

Signature of Solon CC

Mizuno STX 230 10.5 Accra fx 3.0 140 m0

Titleist Tsr1 15 tour ad di6

Titleist 917 18 Kk proto

Titleist Tsr1 4 hybrid Accra fx 2.0 

Titleist t300 5-Pw Matrix Red proto moi matched 

Wilson Staff zm 50 recoil dart v

Wilson staff zm 56 recoil dart v

Vokey Wedge Works Raw 60K DG Tour Issue S400 Black Onyx

L.A.B. Mezz Max blue Tpt shaft 34/71

I understand all of what you are saying. I hate scotties in general...also think they are way overvalued. I do recognize however that here is a market for them. Fair.

I have purchased two brand new ping putters...maybe 3 and 4 years ago. Both were much less than $300 after tax. I think an off the rack putter at that price is worth it.

I just think they are missing their target audience with $400 putters that look and feel very similar to the same putter 3 years ago. I don't play with a single person that has a ping putter. I believe they are good putters...but their new prices...not so much.

PING G400 Max 
Maltby STi2  Fairway

Maltby STi2 Hybrid 

Maltby STI2 Irons 

BBFandCo Roulette
Krew Blade

Mannkrafted HotRod

I agree I just checked their pricing and only really one line is in the $400 range, again if it works we all spend on golf.wrx. With the sigma line it does target all areas, but lets face it P Reed just won the Masters with a $100 putter. I literally am as big of a ho as anyone else but really can not understand the Scotty cult I saw one for $27k the other day, really??

Signature of Solon CC

Mizuno STX 230 10.5 Accra fx 3.0 140 m0

Titleist Tsr1 15 tour ad di6

Titleist 917 18 Kk proto

Titleist Tsr1 4 hybrid Accra fx 2.0 

Titleist t300 5-Pw Matrix Red proto moi matched 

Wilson Staff zm 50 recoil dart v

Wilson staff zm 56 recoil dart v

Vokey Wedge Works Raw 60K DG Tour Issue S400 Black Onyx

L.A.B. Mezz Max blue Tpt shaft 34/71

Just popped into golftown today to take care of some business. I picked up a few putters off the rack..rolled em...And really got to liking some of the newer Taylormade and Odyssey offerings.

I'm a big PING guy. When I picked up one of the new vault 2.0 Pipers...I also really liked it. Looks great...rolls great, but the prices read 399$!!

Is anyone considering buying these right now? Many of the taylormade and Odysseys (and other brands) are still under $300. Spend another $50 and you have a scotty that holds its value much better.

Vault 2.0’s are $299.00 at my local Edwin Watts. Not sure why ther are so much more expensive for you guys.

Vault 2.0’s are $299.00 at my local Edwin Watts. Not sure why ther are so much more expensive for you guys.

Well..299 with the exchange is like $390. Then we add 13% sales tax here. So pretty close.

They are nice putters...which is why I grabbed it in the first place!

PING G400 Max 
Maltby STi2  Fairway

Maltby STi2 Hybrid 

Maltby STI2 Irons 

BBFandCo Roulette
Krew Blade

Mannkrafted HotRod

Love the look and feel fo the new Vault 2.0s, but not @ $400. Sigma G for $250 works just fine for me.

Ping Hoofer Lite

Mizuno ST Max 9.5*

Mizuno ST Max 3/7W

Mizuno ST Max 5/6H

Mizuno 243 7-GW

Mizuno T24 54/S, 58/D

Mizuno OMOI #2

Mizuno RB Tour

Super Bowl LII Champions Fly Eagles Fly! 🦅

I love old PIng putters. Somehow, their old castings (especially the BeCu's and BeNi's) had such nice feel they still rival a lot of modern putters. My BeCu Anser 2 and my BeNi Anser feel nearly as good as my Byron Morgan's.

Modern Ping pales in comparison IMO. The Anser inspired every putter maker to follow. Now there are a lot of companies that make a better Anser than Ping. I would feel crazy paying $300-400 for a Ping putter. The Vault 2.0 Dalehead was a huge disappointment for me. Sadly, a lot of others copy old Ping better than Ping.

When I bought my Sigma Doon, the guy at PGASS told me that with most of the Ping Vault putters you can find a similar performing putter in their lower lines like the Sigma or Cadence putters. That"s why I ended up with the Sigma Doon over the Vault Ketsch 2.0.

You can keep going with that logic down to a beat to crap bullseye. It’s all putterpath and speed. Now, I spent the money for a Dale Answr and I prefer it to any Scotty I’ve had including two 009’s.

The Scotty 009M is basically a copy of the new Ping Vault Dale Head.

I would preferr the original, all milled Dale Head with changeable weights. If only the face were traditionally milled....

How is a putter Cameron's made for years a copy of a NEW ping model? And yes, I know the 009 shape is a riff on the anser. Yes, Ping originated a lot of modern putter designs that pretty much every company now sells but that Vault putter is a Scotty knockoff, not vice versa. Milled construction, fancy milled face, changeable weights in the sole. Those aren't Ping innovations.

Well I haven't seen a single copper Vault 2.0 in stock anywhere so someone must be buying them!

TSi3 9* RDX Smoke Black 6.5
M5 15* Kuro Kago Silver 75x
Rescue 11 18* Diamana D+ 90x
P790 4 S400
MP-20 MMC 5-PW S400
Vokey SM6 Black 52/56/60 S400
Newport Mil-Spec 350g / Byron 006 / Laguna Pro Platinum / White Hot RX #7 / Stroke Lab Double Wide Flowneck

I would preferr the original, all milled Dale Head with changeable weights. If only the face were traditionally milled....

How is a putter Cameron's made for years a copy of a NEW ping model? And yes, I know the 009 shape is a riff on the anser. Yes, Ping originated a lot of modern putter designs that pretty much every company now sells but that Vault putter is a Scotty knockoff, not vice versa. Milled construction, fancy milled face, changeable weights in the sole. Those aren't Ping innovations.

Well...the PING iwi was i think 2007 or 2008, removable weights/weight kit..so we dont know who copied who.

A milled putter tho...not sure Scotty was the pioneer there either.

We could change this thread to why I wouldn't pay $500 for an otr scotty...similar story tho

PING G400 Max 
Maltby STi2  Fairway

Maltby STi2 Hybrid 

Maltby STI2 Irons 

BBFandCo Roulette
Krew Blade

Mannkrafted HotRod

The isi came out in 2008. Same year as Cameron's Studio Select line, but those putters were out on Tour for a year or so before the retail version appeared. And that Vault has weights that look like the Camerons not the isi. And no, Scotty didn't invent the Milled putter. TP Mills usually gets the credit for that. Ping didn't start selling milled putters until the Redwood series in 2006 or so. By that time Titleist had been selling Milled Cameron's for over a decade.

Have had mine for a few weeks now... could not be happier with this putter. I was on the road to start collecting Scotty's but after the whole Club Cameron debacle, I decided to switch directions and look at some Ping putters. I went in looking for a Sigma to save some money but the feel sucked compared to the Vault 2.0 for me... I was happy to spend the extra money on this one, fantastic putter. There are plenty of other putters out there that people happily throw more money at... Byrons, Scotty's, all of them. The Vault 2.0 line is no joke if you're looking for a premium putter.

Well I haven't seen a single copper Vault 2.0 in stock anywhere so someone must be buying them!

This may be true as I think the copper is mostly a special order color.

I have the same as Orlando above but ordered a black shaft for mine and will be throwing a Ping Blackout on, too hopefully....

39948862614_37f2e07785_k.jpg

Ping G430 10k 9*  Ventus Velocore blue 6x

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

PXG 0211  4i KBS C Taper Lite 115x ss1x

Srixon zx7 mkii 5-7, Z forged ii 8-P KBS C Taper Lite 

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Scotty Cameron NP2 Studio Stainless  34"

It's a shame a certain golfer didn't keep with his original Anser putter, whose pingman grip he grew so very fond of as to continue its use on another company's flatstick..... Circle P's may have actually come to fruition, or something very, very similar....

TM 2016 M2 12*(-2 setting) - OG Grafalloy Blue X, 43.5"

TEE XCG7 16.5* 4w, OG Grafalloy Blue S, 41.75"

Wilson D9 18* 4i, KBS Max-R, 39.5”

Cobra King OS 4-G, TT XP95 R300, -.5
Mack Daddy CB 56.14(2* weak)  60.12(3*  weak)

Edel Brick

• 1 month later...

I love old PIng putters. Somehow, their old castings (especially the BeCu's and BeNi's) had such nice feel they still rival a lot of modern putters. My BeCu Anser 2 and my BeNi Anser feel nearly as good as my Byron Morgan's.

Modern Ping pales in comparison IMO. The Anser inspired every putter maker to follow. Now there are a lot of companies that make a better Anser than Ping. I would feel crazy paying $300-400 for a Ping putter. The Vault 2.0 Dalehead was a huge disappointment for me. Sadly, a lot of others copy old Ping better than Ping.

I've been considering getting an older Anser or B60 to add to the collection. I found a barely used Vault black original for $150 and I will say it's a friggin laser beam on the green. Scalpel accurate, plus I like the feel.

It's a shame a certain golfer didn't keep with his original Anser putter, whose pingman grip he grew so very fond of as to continue its use on another company's flatstick..... Circle P's may have actually come to fruition, or something very, very similar....

Those are like 330gs. Most people aren't looking for that weight any longer. If PING sent out an original looking Anser...pingman grip...at 350 or 355g i would buy one.

Some of my absolute favorite all time customs are the tungsten weighted answers by the wrx....I love them.

PING G400 Max 
Maltby STi2  Fairway

Maltby STi2 Hybrid 

Maltby STI2 Irons 

BBFandCo Roulette
Krew Blade

Mannkrafted HotRod

I just bought a stealth Anser Dale 2.0. Love it! Much different feel than my redwood but still good.

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

Callaway 2007 X-Forged 5-PW/ PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 / Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2.5+ 

Life is like riding a bicycle, to keep your balance you must keep moving

81 Ping,

I had a similar experience the other day. I was in Golf Galaxy, looking at putters, and pulled a Ping Vault 360 2.0 copper off the rack to try. Tried it because of the copper finish. Liked it, and might have bought it if it was around $ 100. When I saw the sticker, I was kind of surprised, but not shocked as all the companies seem to be vastly overpricing clubs these days. That being said, it was only OK, and I found the Huntington Beach from Cleveland put just as good a roll on the ball for the aforementioned $ 100. Bought the Cleveland.

My SC Studio Stainless Newport 2 agrees with you. And i gamed a Ping Anser for 10 years.

The TR Milled face is a Ping innovation . And it works.

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

Callaway 2007 X-Forged 5-PW/ PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 / Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2.5+ 

Life is like riding a bicycle, to keep your balance you must keep moving

The TR Milled face is a Ping innovation . And it works.

The Vault face is a bit of a rip off of Machine’s VMG face. Everyone borrows or steals of whatever we’re calling it.