A win on the tour for PR-GR......,

tsupo

Ahhhhhhhhh nice to see a JDM winner!

this might bring some quizzical attention and a whole new audience to the greatness of the old irons forged @ ENDO .....

Although his bag is a testament to the new models ..it cud open many more eyes to possibilities other than the 4 massive mkt saturation brands.

these all go more than ok..

owari !

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The latest 2 sets ive hit, the Mb models are , feel wise something you wud want to play in winter every day.

they are in all honesty like hitting a frozen marshmallow or compressed air.

its unlike anything ive hit, AND with DGs200 shafts so I was getting zero assistance from the shaft feel wise.

they are soft , I mean really really soft.

owari !

The latest 2 sets ive hit, the Mb models are , feel wise something you wud want to play in winter every day.

they are in all honesty like hitting a frozen marshmallow or compressed air.

its unlike anything ive hit, AND with DGs200 shafts so I was getting zero assistance from the shaft feel wise.

they are soft , I mean really really soft.

Thanks for the reply tsupo.

Winter is finally coming to an end here, should be playing in 2-3 weeks.

The MB's look pretty impressive, and i love a soft feeling iron.

I have some Epon 502's with the gel in the cavity, they feel pretty good, maybe slightly larger in size than the RS Forged possibly? Have you hit the 502's? Wondering if it's worth the upgrade?

Thanks.

yup .a buzzzilion times, my paying partnes irons set.

they are close.. but the prgr has a denser feel, the epon is like guuuuuuuuuuuush.

I prefer the prgr......just!!

Kinda had a feeling you would have the answer

That's good to know thanks tsupo..

Does your playing partner shake his head every time he see you playing a different set. I know mine does. LoL.

Ohhhhhhhhh boy you have NO idea...

ive only got a cpl of guys left these days .all my old fellas have taken up drinking instead I think...

ive played once or twice ....... since Nov last year , its normally about 10+ by now.

my clubs are turning into poles to hold up tomato vines!

fwiw I ddint like the new prgrs anywhere near as much as the old ones. in terms of looks.

but the feel is as usual, great, the tunes are a nice ne west but they are very exxy and u cant get heads only they need to be professionally built

owari !

Ohhhhhhhhh boy you have NO idea...

ive only got a cpl of guys left these days .all my old fellas have taken up drinking instead I think...

ive played once or twice ....... since Nov last year , its normally about 10+ by now.

my clubs are turning into poles to hold up tomato vines!

fwiw I ddint like the new prgrs anywhere near as much as the old ones. in terms of looks.

but the feel is as usual, great, the tunes are a nice ne west but they are very exxy and u cant get heads only they need to be professionally built

Lol, i'm sure you have had a ton of iron over the years tsupo.

Sorry to hear you haven't got out playing as much as you would have liked.

Got yourself some pretty pricy garden tools. Might have to shine them up, sober up your buddies and swing away. :) I still got my idbl's, the newer RS forged sound impressive, not sure i need anymore clubs but i'm always looking. Thanks again for the info.

I play the RS Forged. I wouldn't call them blades as they certainly do not play like blades. Wider sole, thicker topline. Very forgiving. They do play more like cavity backs imo. They are plenty long as well. Feel is very good and soft, but I would say they do not feel as pure as a one piece forging. They do have some kind of "synthetic" feel to it. But they do feel very good. Sole grind is similar to the Srixon V-Sole which is very good for me.

Callaway Epic SZ, Kamui TP-XF 3W, Romaro iBrid Chapter2, 5-PW PRGR RS Forged, CGS Orion Spy S Wedge GW, Yamaha InpresX SW, Edel DGR LW

I play the RS Forged. I wouldn't call them blades as they certainly do not play like blades. Wider sole, thicker topline. Very forgiving. They do play more like cavity backs imo. They are plenty long as well. Feel is very good and soft, but I would say they do not feel as pure as a one piece forging. They do have some kind of "synthetic" feel to it. But they do feel very good. Sole grind is similar to the Srixon V-Sole which is very good for me.

Thanks for the info on the RS Forged Shacco. Was wondering on the feel vs a one piece forged. Kinda didn't want to be disappointed on that. Sole grind similar to Srixon is ideal for me so that's a plus.

Picked up a set of 2011 On/Off forged and just recently was warm enough to hit a few balls, i was impressed with the feel. Might be spoiled now. lol.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the info on the RS Forged Shacco. Was wondering on the feel vs a one piece forged. Kinda didn't want to be disappointed on that. Sole grind similar to Srixon is ideal for me so that's a plus.

Picked up a set of 2011 On/Off forged and just recently was warm enough to hit a few balls, i was impressed with the feel. Might be spoiled now. lol.

Funny you mention this. I actually came from a set of 2011 Onoff forged. Best feeling iron I have played. So so soft. The RS forged feel a bit different. When I made the switch, I remember preferring the feel of the Onoffs. But now, I really don't miss it. Don't get me wrong. I am not saying the RS forged feel bad at all. Just different. Still very soft but not as mushy soft as the 2011 Onoff forged. Some people actually don't like the super mushy soft feel of the Onoff because of the lack of feedback. The PRGR will certainly provide a little more feedback. You'd be surprised to find that the forgiveness is on a similar level (maybe just ever so slightly less forgiving) to the Onoffs which I consider very forgiving.

Callaway Epic SZ, Kamui TP-XF 3W, Romaro iBrid Chapter2, 5-PW PRGR RS Forged, CGS Orion Spy S Wedge GW, Yamaha InpresX SW, Edel DGR LW

Funny you mention this. I actually came from a set of 2011 Onoff forged. Best feeling iron I have played. So so soft. The RS forged feel a bit different. When I made the switch, I remember preferring the feel of the Onoffs. But now, I really don't miss it. Don't get me wrong. I am not saying the RS forged feel bad at all. Just different. Still very soft but not as mushy soft as the 2011 Onoff forged. Some people actually don't like the super mushy soft feel of the Onoff because of the lack of feedback. The PRGR will certainly provide a little more feedback. You'd be surprised to find that the forgiveness is on a similar level (maybe just ever so slightly less forgiving) to the Onoffs which I consider very forgiving.

That's very interesting about the 2011 on/off Shac, glad i'm not the only one who thought they felt great and are forgiving. Surprising distance as well, i took out a bunch of my forged 89pw irons the other day and the on/offs are the softest of the group. Seemed to be getting at least a 1/2 club longer as well, not that that is needed but it surprised me. Compared them to my i200's as well, and had the same results. Thinking i will need some more testing with the on/off's vs the i200's. The on/off feel better than the i200's but the i200's have great turf interaction [digger] and i like the trajectory of the i200's.

The PRGR's look damn good thou. Thanks for the follow up.

That's very interesting about the 2011 on/off Shac, glad i'm not the only one who thought they felt great and are forgiving. Surprising distance as well, i took out a bunch of my forged 89pw irons the other day and the on/offs are the softest of the group. Seemed to be getting at least a 1/2 club longer as well, not that that is needed but it surprised me. Compared them to my i200's as well, and had the same results. Thinking i will need some more testing with the on/off's vs the i200's. The on/off feel better than the i200's but the i200's have great turf interaction [digger] and i like the trajectory of the i200's.

The PRGR's look damn good thou. Thanks for the follow up.

Onoffs are quite long but they are also on the stronger side for loft. But they also fly quite high so no issues getting them to stop on greens. The PRGR RS forged have a bit of a more penetrating flight for me which suits me a bit better (natural high ball hitter). That is why I get similar if not slightly longer distances off of them.