Orlando Courses

bnb9433 ·  
bnb9433bnb9433  252WRX Points: 64Members Posts: 252 Greens
Will be heading there in April. Any recommendations for courses in or near Orlando?

TIA
Posted:
Cobra F9 w/ Atmos Tour Spec Blue 6s
Epic Flash 3w w/ HZRDUS Smoke 6.0 70g
Callaway Apex '19 20* 3H
Ping i200 4-PW w/ PX 6.0
Titleist SM6 50, 54, 58
Odyssey O works 7s
ProV1

Comments

• abergervtabergervt  204WRX Points: 62Handicap: 2Members Posts: 204 Bunkers
    would suggest going a bit outside of orlando and hitting orange county national usually in great shape super wide fairways and can be tipped out or played as short as you want with multiple tee's and two golf courses not to mention an amazing practice facility often frequented by pros
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • GolfChannelGolfChannel Orlando, Florida 2419WRX Points: 653Handicap: 0.9Members Posts: 2,419 Platinum Tees
    Join GolfNow for Orlando, bring a lot of money. You literally can’t drive more than a few miles without hitting a nice course. Where are you staying? There are nice courses in the tourist corridor and Orlando proper.
    Posted:
    Driver: Ping G410 Plus w/Tensei Orange
    3 Wood: Titleist TS2 w/HZRDUS Smoke
    Hybrid: Titleist 718 H2 w/Atmos Blue TS 
    Irons: Ping iBlade Nippon AWT 2.0 Stiff
    Wedges: Callaway MD3 50, 54, and 58
    Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
    Ball: Bridgestone XS
  • weezel514weezel514  108WRX Points: 68Members Posts: 108 Fairways
    We have a bunch in the area, renting a car is probably your best mode of transportation, as we aren't known for our ease of travel. About an hour drive are the Streamsong courses, which are world class. Also about an hour away is Mission Inn, which has that old Florida feel. Closer to the city I would recommend Orange County National, Bay Hill (have to stay on site to play), Dubsdread (great old course in the downtown area), Victoria Hills, Grand Cypress New Course (personal favorite) and Royal St Cloud. Golfadvisor has a pretty good list as well. Let me know if I can help more.
    Posted:
  • bnb9433bnb9433  252WRX Points: 64Members Posts: 252 Greens
    weezel514 wrote:

We have a bunch in the area, renting a car is probably your best mode of transportation, as we aren't known for our ease of travel. About an hour drive are the Streamsong courses, which are world class. Also about an hour away is Mission Inn, which has that old Florida feel. Closer to the city I would recommend Orange County National, Bay Hill (have to stay on site to play), Dubsdread (great old course in the downtown area), Victoria Hills, Grand Cypress New Course (personal favorite) and Royal St Cloud. Golfadvisor has a pretty good list as well. Let me know if I can help more.

thank you! we are visiting family (first trip there as they moved there in October) and transportation shouldn't be an issue. not exactly sure where they live in regards to the city but your info is helpful.
    Posted:
    Cobra F9 w/ Atmos Tour Spec Blue 6s
    Epic Flash 3w w/ HZRDUS Smoke 6.0 70g
    Callaway Apex '19 20* 3H
    Ping i200 4-PW w/ PX 6.0
    Titleist SM6 50, 54, 58
    Odyssey O works 7s
    ProV1
  • OrlandogolfguruOrlandogolfguru OrlandoGolfGuru  2123WRX Points: 169Handicap: 7.7ClubWRX Posts: 2,123 ClubWRX
    so many nice courses, dont have to travel far from wherever you are staying. even from the airport there are 5 nice ones within 15 min drive. eagle creek, celebration, shingle creek, if you go 30 min you get to all disney, mystic dunes, champions gate, and yes orange county national - one of my favs. have fun!
    Posted:
    Taylormade M5 Driver
    TaylorMade M5 Fwy
    Callaway Epic Flash 3 Hyb
    Mizuno Mp HMB Irons
    Titleist sm7 Wedges
    Mannkrafted / Scotty Putters
    Bridgestone ball, Mizuno / Sun Mntn Bag
  • SchoolboySchoolboy  301WRX Points: 46Handicap: 9.9Members Posts: 301 Greens
    Mission Inn Resort El Campeon. Fantastic. Worth the hour drive.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • ilikegolf26ilikegolf26  1025WRX Points: 107Members Posts: 1,025 Platinum Tees
    weezel514 wrote:

Dubsdread? How does that course get in there amongst the others you mentioned?
    Posted:
  • smb4uasmb4ua  164WRX Points: 49Handicap: 6.3Members Posts: 164 Fairways
    Streamsong is definitely worth the drive from Orlando. I enjoyed the Waldorf Astoria course more than I thought I would. Disney Magolia is meh.
    Posted:
  • GolfChannelGolfChannel Orlando, Florida 2419WRX Points: 653Handicap: 0.9Members Posts: 2,419 Platinum Tees
    Dubsdread is the only true Orlando course in there. You would be hard pressed to find a course that sees as much traffic as it does yearly and still has a pretty high standard of course quality while still staying affordable to the masses.
    Posted:
  • BNGLBNGL Jupiter, Florida 1856WRX Points: 535Unregistered Posts: 1,856 Platinum Tees
    Winter park Par 3 is a good one to check out
    Posted:
    Winter Park Par 3, do you mean the old Park Avenue 9 hole course?
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • BNGLBNGL Jupiter, Florida 1856WRX Points: 535Unregistered Posts: 1,856 Platinum Tees
    Pardon me winter park golf club. Haven't played it yet, but going to asap heard nothing but excellent things about it. Established 1914 renovated a couple years ago
    Posted:
    It isn’t a Par 3 course, but when every house around it sells for over 2 million I would hope the course is well maintained. I have done a few charity tournaments for Rollins College there.
    Posted:
  • sabramsabram  1592WRX Points: 194Members Posts: 1,592 Platinum Tees
    Winter Park is not a par 3 course. It's a 9 hole course and is quite good and inexpensive. Here are photos from a round there a few months ago.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/golfcoursepix/albums/72157663737873078 - Link to Winter Park Golf Course Pix

https://www.flickr.com/photos/golfcoursepix/collections/72157631972135446/ Link to photo tours of 55 Orlando area courses

38229293465_53c10f6ae0_c.jpg

Winter Park #2 par 3 146 yards

27333373689_3df59e44a5_c.jpg

Winter Park #9 short par 4
    Posted:
  • WildcatGolferWildcatGolfer  154WRX Points: 57Handicap: 6.3Members Posts: 154 Fairways
    Loved my trip out to Mission Inn about a month ago. El Campeon is a tremendous track. The sister course is fun and interesting but not in the same class as El Campeon.
    Posted:
    Shovels
    Rakes
    2x4s
    Baseball Bat
  • fly787fly787 Las Vegas, Nevada and Europe 154WRX Points: 83Handicap: 2Members Posts: 154 Fairways
    I second El Campeon. Always decent rates and a fun course!
    Posted:
    Cobra F9 9 
    Cobra F9 14.5 
    TM  P790 
    Callaway PM 56.13 SW
    TM High Toe 60 
    Too many putters to mention

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.