Jones Bag Users

That looks really good!!

Yesterday I ordered a Utility stand bag in the Pacific Blue and I have Seamus covers already on the way...went with Davidson Muted and Cameron Erracht Muted...hope they end up looking okay together, we'll see. Was originally going to go navy for the bag but decided I like the Pacific Blue more with the red pulls, grey handle, etc.

Please post some good pics and review. That is pretty similar to the setup I want to go with.

Here is the bag and my head covers, listed above. I was afraid the muted headcovers wouldn’t work with the brighter blue bag, but I actually really like them together. Looks better in person actually, light wasn’t great for the pic.

Titleist 913 D3 / Titleist TSi2 15 / Titleist TS2 19h / Miura CB57 4/6/8/P / Miura 55C / Byron DH89 / Mackenzie

I maintain that the Jones and Seamus combination is the best one out there for purity and class in a golf bag.

I also love the new Jones luggage and accessories (though I could take or leave the caps and t-shirts) if anyone has picks of those?

WITB 2017
TM M1 '17 Tensei Blue X
TM M2 15* KK X
TM M3 3Hy Tensei Blue S
TM P770 PX 6.0 5-PW Z grips
Callaway MD3 52* & 58*
TM Spider Tour DJ
TM TP5 pix

Here is the bag and my head covers, listed above. I was afraid the muted headcovers wouldn't work with the brighter blue bag, but I actually really like them together. Looks better in person actually, light wasn't great for the pic.

Great look. Well chosen.

G410 Plus 10.5
X2 Hot 3 Wood
X2 Hot 5 Wood
G410 19, 22, and 26 degree hybrids
G25 6 - UW
Titleist Vokey Spin Mill 56.14
SC Futura X 33 "

I'm thinking of my next Jones Bag.

For this one I'm going with a navy players bag, and some custom designed headcovers with my family tartan. I love my original, but i like the solid colors as well. what do you think?

I was going to start a separate thread but then spied this one.

I ordered a Player's Series #005 carry bag from Jones last year. I wanted to carry to get some exercise (wifey says if I carry my bag on the course then I don't have to go to the gym :) ). Unfortunately, I found that after a round (well, actually, 9 holes, I'm not good enough for an 18-hole course) I have a black stain on my polo's shoulder where the strap rests. No doubt when I sweat the moisture causes the inner black pad on the strap to bleed, but the problem is those stains DON'T wash out. I figured a company like Jones would design the bag to be carried and use materials that didn't cause this (I'm OK washing the shirts, I just don't want the stain to be permanent). Before I go out this season to embarrass myself yet again, does anyone else experience this (I can't imagine it's just me) and, if so, is there something I can do to mitigate the problem? Maybe spray a sealer of some sort on the pad?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Harry Redknapp on signing good-looking Portuguese winger Dani, he told reporters:

"My missus fancies him. Even I don't know whether to play him or f**k him."

This was a problem with some dark colored Mackenzie straps at one point but haven’t heard of it beyond that.

Dye transfer, in general, tends to lessen over time as the excess dye that was t fully absorbed gets worked out. Unfortunately it’s gettin worked out onto your shirt. I’d try to wear a dark colored shirt for a few rounds and see if the problem goes away.

If not, maybe see if Jones can supply a different strap? Maybe it’s a one off problem.

Titleist 913 D3 / Titleist TSi2 15 / Titleist TS2 19h / Miura CB57 4/6/8/P / Miura 55C / Byron DH89 / Mackenzie

This was a problem with some dark colored Mackenzie straps at one point but haven’t heard of it beyond that.

Dye transfer, in general, tends to lessen over time as the excess dye that was t fully absorbed gets worked out. Unfortunately it’s gettin worked out onto your shirt. I’d try to wear a dark colored shirt for a few rounds and see if the problem goes away.

If not, maybe see if Jones can supply a different strap? Maybe it’s a one off problem.

Yea, I probably should get in touch with Jones. Frankly, this started early last season (from the first time I used the bag) and persisted until I stopped playing late November 2017. I don't think it's going away, unfortunately (unless all the dye comes out of the pad). I really love the bag; dark green/tan, just like I wanted, had my initials put on it (so golfers know who not to play with :)), not much structure and laying it on the grass does have its downsides, but all in all I'm happy, EXCEPT......

Thanks for the thoughts. If I DO get an answer from Jones I'll post it here, just for amusement.

Harry Redknapp on signing good-looking Portuguese winger Dani, he told reporters:

How do you guys like to organize your clubs in your Stand bags? Before I got my Jones I had a 14 way bag that I would put my woods down the left side. Putter top right and then irons -wedges in remaining spots.

Seems as if the common practice here is woods and putter up top, then irons, then wedges?

Does anyone put the woods down the left side mixed in with irons? I'm going to experiment with this setup. I am however concerned that the graphite shafts can get damaged being mixed in with steel shafts...is that an issue?

a1c4d5f2b332b686348efcb3710d751b.jpg

Yea, I probably should get in touch with Jones. Frankly, this started early last season (from the first time I used the bag) and persisted until I stopped playing late November 2017. I don't think it's going away, unfortunately (unless all the dye comes out of the pad). I really love the bag; dark green/tan, just like I wanted, had my initials put on it (so golfers know who not to play with :)), not much structure and laying it on the grass does have its downsides, but all in all I'm happy, EXCEPT......

Thanks for the thoughts. If I DO get an answer from Jones I'll post it here, just for amusement.

Maybe you could hand wash the strap and let it air dry... just like that first wash with blue jeans. Might take the dye out.

Maybe you could hand wash the strap and let it air dry... just like that first wash with blue jeans. Might take the dye out.

Thanks for the suggestion, I think in fact I'VE been the washing machine up to now. :) That may be my last resort option, though.

Who knows, I've contacted Jones, let me see what they say. I'm not getting my hopes up, though.

Strangely enough, this reminds me of an incident a LOOONG time ago (say, 50 years) when my father was running an import trucking business and one of his clients got in a load of raincoats made in Japan. They looked great and were well-priced; only one thing, though: When they got went they smelled like fish. At least my bag doesn't suffer from THAT problem (not yet, anyway).

I took my Jones bag to Play it Again Sports. I play early, and the bag got wet when I put it down, and then I got wet. Not practical for me.

I've got a better one for you: Where I golf there are more geese than people.

'Nuff said. :(

"I took my Camaro back to CarMax. I never could get all the gravel out that I tried to haul in it."

"I got one better for you. I needed to haul compost. Enough said."

Grasp the concept here. Sheesh.

Takomo IGNIS D1 9° HZRDUS Smoke Blue 60g / Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Apex '19 3H HZRDUS Handcrafted HYB 85g
PXG 0311P Gen 6 Black Label Elite 4-G KBS Tour Lite S / Miura Baby Blades 3-P Steelfiber 110cw / PING ISI Nickel 1-L G Loomis reg flex
Callaway Jaws Raw 54.10S / 58.8Z
PING Anser 2 Jim Wells 36" / Bettinardi BB-1 (2022) 35" / PING Anser 2 1981 35" / Scotty Cameron CT Squareback Proto 35" 375g

Outlaw Golf Association #21

"I took my Camaro back to CarMax. I never could get all the gravel out that I tried to haul in it."

"I got one better for you. I needed to haul compost. Enough said."

Grasp the concept here. Sheesh.

I guess it was like I said, the bag didn't fit my needs.

Back in the 1980's/1900's when Jones bags were very popular, this was always a problem. They were horrible for winter golf. Folks would make wooden stands for their bags and such. This is exactly the same today. Of course the utility bag has legs as do most carry bags today. I think this thread can handle the realization that the Players Series and original bags are not a great choice for morning rounds in the dew or in the rain. It's all good, I love my Jones bags...

I was going to start a separate thread but then spied this one.

I ordered a Player's Series #005 carry bag from Jones last year. I wanted to carry to get some exercise (wifey says if I carry my bag on the course then I don't have to go to the gym :) ). Unfortunately, I found that after a round (well, actually, 9 holes, I'm not good enough for an 18-hole course) I have a black stain on my polo's shoulder where the strap rests. No doubt when I sweat the moisture causes the inner black pad on the strap to bleed, but the problem is those stains DON'T wash out. I figured a company like Jones would design the bag to be carried and use materials that didn't cause this (I'm OK washing the shirts, I just don't want the stain to be permanent). Before I go out this season to embarrass myself yet again, does anyone else experience this (I can't imagine it's just me) and, if so, is there something I can do to mitigate the problem? Maybe spray a sealer of some sort on the pad?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Do you happen to have any pics of your green and brown players bag??

:)

I don’t, but Jones customer service wants to see pictures of the strap pad and the transfer onto my shirts. When I take those I’ll take one of the bag itself.

I bought an original Jones bag 16 months ago. Then I fell and shattered my ankle. Anyway now 16 months later I can handle walking a bit more with my new limited mobility. I love the bag and already want to add a navy Players Series to my collection.

I have always liked lighter carry bags even when having to ride a cart. I hate the space a large bag takes up. I’ll be looking for the next sale on the Jones website. Hopefully this 4th of July41cb9eaa759be0be24234b34ca68641f.jpg

Taylormade M4 tour 8.5*   Attas 4U 6X

Srixon Z H45  16*

Callaway Apex MB raw 4-PW  

Cleveland 588    52,60

Odyssey WH PRO 7
-----------------------------------------

Any use/still use the rider bag? I was interested in the all black vinyl one but it has been out of stock for awhile. I am also worried it wont fit great on my Sun Mountain Speed Cart.

Currently use the Jones Utility bag on occasion...love it

Mine works great on my SM but I almost exclusively carry (except when on vacation:-)

Any use/still use the rider bag? I was interested in the all black vinyl one but it has been out of stock for awhile. I am also worried it wont fit great on my Sun Mountain Speed Cart.

Mine works great on my SM but I almost exclusively carry (except when on vacation:-)

That looks awesome. exactly what i want...how do you like the set up?

That looks awesome. exactly what i want...how do you like the set up?

It's nice! Light and easy to use.