2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

KSIG versus K3

monks66

OK , I started this thread just to get a vote more or less whether you like the ksig or k3 better? the other thread is jumbled up with what wines and the pizza at Costco. I also dont want to read about the issue with Dean and ksig, Dean is a good man and has an awesome product, let it rest...make it simple , just the ball you like and a thought if you want :)...hope to get some good feedback, and I am sure others with like the BALL feedback, not the other commentary...if you dont like that i started a new thread , thats fine,.. but you have to weed through the other commentary to find the reviews...no disrespect to those who added additional commentary, just wanta see raw ball thoughts..

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, there are thousands of Ksig reviews already so no point in going there. K3 is softer and cheaper. It's a bit early in the release to have definitive data about them but early reviews are positive on all fronts: distance, feel, spin.

Ping G400 Max driver w/Aldila Rogue 125 Silver
Ping G425 5 wood & hybrid
Ping G30 irons w/Recoil 95

Ping G425 irons w/Accra ICWT 2.0 95
Ping Glide wedges w/Recoil 110
Ping Redwood Anser - the "real deal!"

They are two different balls geared towards different golfers imo. It's like comparing the prov1 to a project a/q star tour.

Srixon ZX7/Cobra Radspeed XB

ZX 3w Riptide/Cobra radspeed motore F3

ZX 19/22 hy Riptide 

Cobra FT 5-Pw,Aw KBS/ Cobra F9 5-pw,aw 

Cbx ZC 54/Cbx FF 58 Dgold

Cobra sport 45/Cleveland elevado

Srixon QST/Titleist Pro V1 or whatever urethane balls I may find 

OK , I started this thread just to get a vote more or less whether you like the ksig or k3 better? the other thread is jumbled up with what wines and the pizza at Costco. I also dont want to read about the issue with Dean and ksig, Dean is a good man and has an awesome product, let it rest...make it simple , just the ball you like and a thought if you want :)...hope to get some good feedback, and I am sure others with like the BALL feedback, not the other commentary...if you dont like that i started a new thread , thats fine,.. but you have to weed through the other commentary to find the reviews...no disrespect to those who added additional commentary, just wanta see raw ball thoughts..

For me the k3 had very poor part shot spin. That makes it a no go for me. Distance was good. Trajectory was good. Feel is nice. Full irons had less spin than I like but remained manageable. But the lack of part shot spin is unacceptable for me. I’ll relegate the ones I have left to winter ball status. Ther’re very inexpensive so I can’t say I’m that disappointed but I won’t be buying them again.

Well I lied, I picked up 4 dozen. Took one out for a spin Friday. Off the driver pretty straight not much side spin, similar to an old e6. I'll have to disagree with 'skraly' I found them coming off my full wedges to check up real good. And on my short chip shots, it checked up right away. I've been using a Ksig all winter with a SC200 monitor for yardages and found the K3 to be right at those numbers on the course.. Feels soft of the irons and putter.

:golfer:

Spoiler

Stay the Course; and my the Course be with you!

I have a slow swing speed. 8Hdcp. Both balls go about the same distance. The K3 might be a few yards farther for my slower swing speed. The K3 might spin a little less around the green, but not noticeable. The K3 feels softer off the club face.

I don't think for the regular Joe would see any difference in score with either ball.

Short game wise, they k3 spun very close to the k4. In my world it would be perfectly fine to play. The k4 for me will stop a bit shorter and quicker than the k3. Full disclosure, I have no problem spinning balls on short shots. One area where you will see a difference in any balls is when you hit a pitch or chip shot a bit fat. On a heavy short shot the k3 will not as much as the k4, so you will have a larger margin for error with a tour quality ball compared to something like the k3. These results are using my game, your results will obviously vary to some degree i imagine

I'm somewhat hesitant to go after the new Kirkland/Costco ball. The original.first offering ball was made in Korea (at least that's what printed of the packaging). Now after looking at the Costco site, the box states made in China. Now I realize that China makes many balls for OEM's, but their not tour caliber, like the original 4 piece Kirkland is touted to be. Aside from that, now only Costco members can purchase, which was not the case when they first introduced the ball. These aspects plus the fact that it's now a 3 piece makes me hesitant, not that 3 piece is necessarily bad, but why change from the original?

I'm somewhat hesitant to go after the new Kirkland/Costco ball. The original.first offering ball was made in Korea (at least that's what printed of the packaging). Now after looking at the Costco site, the box states made in China. Now I realize that China makes many balls for OEM's, but their not tour caliber, like the original 4 piece Kirkland is touted to be. Aside from that, now only Costco members can purchase, which was not the case when they first introduced the ball. These aspects plus the fact that it's now a 3 piece makes me hesitant, not that 3 piece is necessarily bad, but why change from the original?

Why do other companies make different balls? #Sales

Have no idea what your trying to say.................There's lots of balls out there, but this is about 1 particular ball that has changed from it's original adaptation. Since it's the only signature ball that Costco offers, the question still remains, why the change when the original was such great offering...........

Have no idea what your trying to say.................There's lots of balls out there, but this is about 1 particular ball that has changed from it's original adaptation. Since it's the only signature ball that Costco offers, the question still remains, why the change when the original was such great offering...........

Open your eyes they are both available. Nothing was replaced!!!!

The only ball being offered by Costco on their web site is the new K3, so it seems that there is a replacement. I can only go by what information is presented. If you know how to get the original 4 piece ksig, then by all means the information would be appreciated.

The only ball being offered by Costco on their web site is the new K3, so it seems that there is a replacement. I can only go by what information is presented. If you know how to get the original 4 piece ksig, then by all means the information would be appreciated.

They offered both but the 4 piece sold out already. Have to go to eBay or wait for the next batch to be available from Costco. 4 piece made in Korea as it always has. New 3 Piece is made in China and is still in stock.

Driver, 3W, 4W - Macgregor Custom Tourney
2-10 - 1954 Spalding Synchro Dyned
SW - Wilson Staff
Putter - Bullseye
Ball - Pro Plus

YT Channel - [url="https://www.youtube.com/PlayVintageGolf"]https://www.youtube....PlayVintageGolf[/url]

Sold out but were available for a few days on Costco's website recently.

They offered both but the 4 piece sold out already. Have to go to eBay or wait for the next batch to be available from Costco. 4 piece made in Korea as it always has. New 3 Piece is made in China and is still in stock.

Appreciate the info, that explains why only the 3 is being shown. Thanks again.......

When I found out they were on again the 3 was not listed as of yet....so I probably would have tried as well. I have been playing golf for 30+ years and used to work in the business. IMO, if money is the #1 issue for those that want premium ball...buy either one. I don't like the seam on the 4 pc and bottom line I do think the name brands feel and perform a tad bit better. I don't lose balls...and if possible want durability to last me a round at least. For me, last years CSX was the most impressive thing I have used in golf in the last 5 years...yes...it was that noticeable. Sadly, I was not super impressed with new CSX and swear leaving well enough alone is a dodo trend.

If there is someone dying to have 4 pc email me and I will send you mine for what I paid per the invoice. I don't need them, just bored on Costco and love golf.

"We have learned that we must
live as men, not as ostriches, nor
as dogs in the manger." FDR

Well I lied, I picked up 4 dozen. Took one out for a spin Friday. Off the driver pretty straight not much side spin, similar to an old e6. I'll have to disagree with 'skraly' I found them coming off my full wedges to check up real good. And on my short chip shots, it checked up right away. I've been using a Ksig all winter with a SC200 monitor for yardages and found the K3 to be right at those numbers on the course.. Feels soft of the irons and putter.

:golfer:

I found the K3 to check up nicely on short irons and partial wedge shots. It curved just fine for me, so not really like an E6. Most premium urethane balls perform similarly for me. Seems like a great deal for a buck a ball.

Perfect example of why we don't need a thousand k-sig threads outside of the original.

Agree. Half the posts in this thread are from guys questioning Costco balls in general or guys complaining K3 is made in China and/or questioning whether it's a replacement or another model.

Ping G400 Max driver w/Aldila Rogue 125 Silver
Ping G425 5 wood & hybrid
Ping G30 irons w/Recoil 95

Ping G425 irons w/Accra ICWT 2.0 95
Ping Glide wedges w/Recoil 110
Ping Redwood Anser - the "real deal!"

My experience is this.

KSig is very firm on Driver through Putter. Launches low off the Driver and seems to fly forever. Typical launch with irons. Stops on a dime on well struck irons and wedges. Durability seems to be a step below tour balls. I’ve hit few KSigs that seemed to be “off”, but this being GolfWRX I was told it was me hitting bad shots instead of a bad ball. Have a giant stash which I refuse to play because I hope to one day sell them on eBay for a small fortune.

K3 is softer and launches higher with all clubs. Stops quickly but not as quick, but not on a dime. Seemingly indestructible cover. Played them horrible wet and windy conditions last week because I don’t think I can sell them for a small fortune.

I wish this thread would stay on topic because I really want to hear more about the comparison. You would think as much as people care where their golf ball comes from, they would just buy from Titleist or B-Stone to be certain, rather than buying warehouse golf balls. It’s like people buying organic. Anywho, it sounds as if someone is actually going to test the new K3 so we can see the results. Hopefully they test it against the K4. I’ll be interested to see that comparison.