Breaking 90 - the "easiest" way?

Z1ggy16

Watched a video last night on YT where a guy prescribed the easiest way to break 90 is by taking the par 4 yards, cutting it in half, and then playing that club x2, then working on short game to chip on (he assumes high caps won't hit greens) and then 2 putting. Same thing for a par 5, split it in 3, hit that club 3 times, chip on, 2 putt. For par 3, he suggested clubbing up once and then taking a very smooth relaxed swing and repeating the chip on and 2 putt process.

I think one major flaw is that it requires every single shot to at least go toward target and that high cappers can chip effectively enough from the rough. It doesn't happen often on a full iron for me but every now and again I'll severely fat one, or tug it by 20 yards. I'm also known to fat chips or leave them really short. It also assumes that a high capper can effectively get out of a bunker which isn't always the case. I think the biggest flaw of all though is that high cappers can lag putt effectively. Per my other recent thread... Above all else, I struggle lag putting.

Lastly... Good luck taking your 6i out on every tee when you're playing with others, especially strangers. If you're not hitting the ball on fairways and reaching near the green in regulation every hole, you'll slow down the pace a bunch probably and make your fellow playing partners a little triggered.

Do you all agree this is the easiest way to break 90?

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched a video last night on YT where a guy prescribed the easiest way to break 90 is by taking the par 4 yards, cutting it in half, and then playing that club x2, then working on short game to chip on (he assumes high caps won't hit greens) and then 2 putting. Same thing for a par 5, split it in 3, hit that club 3 times, chip on, 2 putt. For par 3, he suggested clubbing up once and then taking a very smooth relaxed swing and repeating the chip on and 2 putt process.

Not at all. This assumes that you'll hit nearly every shot pretty solidly, and won't make mistakes in short game and putting. Yet the reasons why players struggle is that they do NOT hit every shot solidly, and they DO make mistakes with short game and putting. Never intentionally accept a longer second shot if you can get closer without substantial additional risk. The best way to shoot a low score, for any golfer, is to hit every shot as close to the green as you can without taking excessive risks. The big difficulty for most players is assessing how much risk there is

Not at all. This assumes that you'll hit nearly every shot pretty solidly, and won't make mistakes in short game and putting. Yet the reasons why players struggle is that they do NOT hit every shot solidly, and they DO make mistakes with short game and putting. Never intentionally accept a longer second shot if you can get closer without substantial additional risk. The best way to shoot a low score, for any golfer, is to hit every shot as close to the green as you can without taking excessive risks. The big difficulty for most players is assessing how much risk there is

Agree. Except the assumption is that a worse player should score better hitting shorter shots. I.e., they'd likely end up closer (in the long run, say over maybe 500 holes of golf) hitting 6i, 6i then driver, wedge. That's because the assumption in general is that high cappers aren't good with driver.

I'm a high cap but I'm actually okay with driver. I probably hit about 7 of 14 fairways per round, and I rarely spray one OB or into a place where I have no 2nd shot out at all. 90% of my strokes come from screw ups around/on the green, and the random errant 2nd shot that putts me in a really bad lie which makes up and down impossible for me right now.

So it's not as sure of a thing for me that taking 6i 6i sw is going to result in a better score. It'd probably only save me 2 or 3 strokes or even cost me strokes since a lot of par 4's I'm left with an 8i or less for my 2nd shot and I can hit the green on those shots usually.

Yeah no I think this is way off-base, as it leaves virtually no margin for error. Take a 380yd hole as an example--you are asking this player to hit the ball 190yds into the fairway followed by another 190yd shot into the green. I think anyone who has experience watching 20-handicaps play a 190yd par 3 will realise the absurdity of this. The odds of hitting the green even assuming a "perfect" drive are probably 10-15%, and the odds that this golfer is going to mess up his drive and leave himself either out of position or with significantly MORE than 190yds in are actually pretty high. Given that drivers these days are 460cc and very forgiving, the aforementioned 20hcp will, with absolute certainty, post a better average score by hitting the drive 230 and cutting that extra 40yds off the approach, actually giving himself more than a snowball's chance in hell of hitting the green.

Now there are some takeaways from the idea that are not horrible. Namely, don't hit any club that you cannot consistently advance the ball with and have a reasonable certainty will stay in bounds. If you cold top your 3w half the time you hit from the deck, don't hit your 3w, etc. Also, don't ask too much from the short game. At this level getting up and down should be a big bonus--the primary goal which you must accomplish is to get the ball ONTO THE GREEN at such a distance that you can eliminate a subsequent 3-putt. If that means you putt the ball out of the rough because you are afraid of laying sod over your chip, then that's what you do, even if it means you're assured to be left with a 25ft putt. Basically make sure you get SOMETHING (some distance, a better lie, whatever, but SOMETHING) out of every shot you hit.

This is a good article on breaking 90, this site also has similar articles for breaking 100 and 80.

https://pluggedingol...ow-to-break-90/

Thanks! Very interesting strategy on the par 3's. The course I played recently, 2 of the 3 par 3's you cannot lay up because they contained water directly in front. On both of those I made double.... on the par 3 which had no hazard I made par. I hit the green though and 2 putt.

Agree. Except the assumption is that a worse player should score better hitting shorter shots. I.e., they'd likely end up closer (in the long run, say over maybe 500 holes of golf) hitting 6i, 6i then driver, wedge. That's because the assumption in general is that high cappers aren't good with driver.

And I'm trying to fight that assumption, each player has to assess his own game.

Now there are some takeaways from the idea that are not horrible. Namely, don't hit any club that you cannot consistently advance the ball with and have a reasonable certainty will stay in bounds. ........ At this level getting up and down should be a big bonus--the primary goal which you must accomplish is to get the ball ONTO THE GREEN at such a distance that you can eliminate a subsequent 3-putt. ...... Basically make sure you get SOMETHING (some distance, a better lie, whatever, but SOMETHING) out of every shot you hit.

This is pretty much in line with what I said, maybe stated a little clearer.

Yeah...no. Any par 4 over 320 for guys that can't break 90, definitely won't do it following this strategy unless they are really good and long with their irons.

SIM 2 Max 9.0 turned 7.0
TM Sim2 Titaniu, 13.5
TM RBZ 19* hybrid

TM RBZ 22* hybrid
Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-PW
Vokey SM7 48* F Grind
Vokey SM7 54* F Grind
Vokey SM7 58* M Grind

1. Make no worse than bogey on any hole and slip in a par here and there.

To do that:

1. No penalty shots. Drive with the longest club you can keep in play. If you're struggling to break 90 that's not a driver, it may be a five wood or a hybrid, or even an iron, but keep in in play.

2. No three putts allowed. Might need to practice your lag putting. Three putts turn your bogey into a double and you can't afford doubles.

3. When you are close to the green make sure the next shot is on the green. Chipping or pitching twice really runs up the score.

Do that and it will be hard to shoot over 90 on most courses.

Steve

I seem to be stuck in the 80's after finding the 70's a couple of times last year.

If I had a million dollars riding on breaking 90, I'd do the following:

1) Make sure I'm playing the correct set of tees. If I'm not breaking 90, then I probably shouldn't be playing over 6500 yds.

2) For par 4's/5's, figure out a comfortable approach distance and tee off with the club that gets you there (likely rarely a driver). For instance, I'd want be hitting approach shots with 9i (plus or minus one club). In normal conditions, I feel like I should be able to hit most greens from 150 yards out with a 9i (or 8i from moderate rough). For a 400 yd par 4 that means I can hit driving iron or fairway wood off the tee to get into that 150 range. For a 550 yard par 5, I could go hybrid/hybrid/GW (225+225+100) or even 5i/5i/9i (200+200+150), then 2 putt. I should be able to par 50% and bogey 50% of those. That puts me at 7 over for 14 holes.

3) Play the par 3's for bogey. Figure out a good angle, hit a conservative club to get to the front of the green, chip, and 2 putt. That puts you at 11 over for 18 holes, which is an 83. You have 6 strokes left for any trouble you get into.

As mentioned by others, the key is reducing penalty strokes and 3 putts. Every par 4 or 5 is just a par 3 with one or two extra shots to get there. Take a look at your old scorecards. If you can score bogey or better on all the par 3's then you can break 90, most likely without ever hitting a driver.

Now, I wish I could find that type of game plan to get back from the low 80's to the 70's. Trying to get into position to have birdie putts and tap in par's introduces a lot of possible mistakes (overly aggressive long putts, too much driver, hero shots).

"Of all the hazards, fear is the worst" - Sam Snead
WITB: PXG 0311 ~ Ping Anser 4w @16.5 ~ Cobra F6 Baffler @18.5 ~ Titleist T300 4-P ~ Titleist Vokey 48, 54, 58 ~ Cleveland HB 8

I think after reading some articles and seeing your advice... I may try teeing off with a 4i, or my incoming UDI. Even though I can hit driver pretty well most of the time, I think there's value in hitting the same type of club/shot over and over.

Over all else though I'll be practicing putting at least 1 hour per week on the greens. I may also experiment with "laying up" on all second shots that way I can avoid bunker shots, and touchy chips right off the green in the rough. I'm okay chipping off the fairway, 10/10 times I'll at least get it on the green. Usually just take a PW or GW and bump it. I'm sketchy on the 15 foot chips from the rough where I might need to use an open faced LW or something like that, which is usually what happens when I go for the middle of the green but pull or push the ball a bit.

One of biggest factors is believing you belong there.....took me along time to break 80 but once I did I rarely went back, because I knew I could do it instead of hoping I could

What really helped me is managing the game I had.......if I can't reach a par 5 in 2 I can use almost anything to tee off with.......hitting 2nd shot to comfortable ydg (for me it was 100yds).....

On par 4 was managing my driver, if it's short par 4 use a 3 wood or choke down on a driver and hit it 60 or 70 percent....

No hero shots out of trees.....punch out to (good number if possible)

Approaching greens is keep it on fat side and error on short instead of long.....putting and chipping uphill is a lot easier......don't just aim for flag all the time...

Stuff like this helped me tremendously when I was shooting 100's and getting into 90's......

See so many high hdcps hitting 3 woods out of rough trying to bust thru trees....and most have pretty piss poor pitching and chipping techniques as did I

Really focus on your short game....wedges, chipping, etc

Once my wedges got better I shot thru 90's and into 80's....

Be smart think about the course, your strengths........dont just hit x club cuz your x ydg away from target......can drop 5-7 shots just by playing smarter.....

Get your wedges dialed in and learn to hit clubs at couple different swingspeeds and you won't be in 100's long guaranteed

Your gonna be chipping a lot so gonna have get some kind of game.....watch good players (even ask them)and see how they setup, where their feet are and use a light pressure on grip......

Putting is a given, b4 play in a round practice short game instead of hitting balls

I used these techniques today still and am into 70's and under par at times.....even days i dont drive ball well still manage to put up decent number........

Like someone said above it's not that hard.....be smart bit of practice you got this easily

I think after reading some articles and seeing your advice... I may try teeing off with a 4i, or my incoming UDI. Even though I can hit driver pretty well most of the time, I think there's value in hitting the same type of club/shot over and over.

Over all else though I'll be practicing putting at least 1 hour per week on the greens. I may also experiment with "laying up" on all second shots that way I can avoid bunker shots, and touchy chips right off the green in the rough. I'm okay chipping off the fairway, 10/10 times I'll at least get it on the green. Usually just take a PW or GW and bump it. I'm sketchy on the 15 foot chips from the rough where I might need to use an open faced LW or something like that, which is usually what happens when I go for the middle of the green but pull or push the ball a bit.

If you can hit driver pretty well most of the time, why would you quit doing that which you can do pretty well most of the time?

Quit going for it. I saw a guy today. Hit the tee shot less than 200 yards but waited for the green to clear from 220+ most people I see that can’t break 90 are trying to hit that 1 shot that they pulled off one time in a thousand. Hit a 7 iron 3 times and you hit it 450 yards. That’s enough to reach any par 4. People that can’t break 90 hit 3 Wood way too many times off the ground. If you duffed your tee shot chances are your not going to hit 3 wood 220 or more to a green. Take your punishment hit a iron back in play and hit the next one by the green. Quit trying hero shots. Center of green. Aim away from trouble. Play more conservative.

Callaway Paradym TD Ventus 6S Black Velocore
TM Sim2 3 wood Tour AD DI 7x
TM Sim 5 wood Ventus Blue Velocore 8x
Mizuno JPX 923 Modus 120x 
Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide
Vokeys SM9 56,60

The irony in most of these posts is that most of the posts are penned by guys that broke 90 a long time ago and have forgotten what it’s like to be a 26hcp. Playing conservative and avoiding trouble sounds so simple but for someone that shoots 100+ it isn’t that easy. For that person, a topped tee shot could happen with a driver or a 7 iron. For a low handicap, of course hitting 7i, 7i into a par 4 eliminates the risk of a penalty, not necessarily the case for a high hcp. The way to brake 90 is the same as it’s always been. Play, practice, and learn as much as you can and it will just happen. Don’t neglect any part of the game because there’s a theoretical shortcut to breaking 90. With enough practice and experience it will happen, and then the goal post moves to the next barrier to cross. That’s why we all love this game.

I think one major flaw is that it requires every single shot to at least go toward target and that high cappers can chip effectively enough from the rough. It doesn't happen often on a full iron for me but every now and again I'll severely fat one, or tug it by 20 yards. I'm also known to fat chips or leave them really short. It also assumes that a high capper can effectively get out of a bunker which isn't always the case. I think the biggest flaw of all though is that high cappers can lag putt effectively. Per my other recent thread... Above all else, I struggle lag putting.

Lastly... Good luck taking your 6i out on every tee when you're playing with others, especially strangers. If you're not hitting the ball on fairways and reaching near the green in regulation every hole, you'll slow down the pace a bunch probably and make your fellow playing partners a little triggered.

I agree with the logic. It is forcing you to take a shorter club off the tee (more accurate, takes out OB), and forces you to hit a longer club into the green (less accurate, which forces you to work on your short game). But I think it is kind of micromanaging, you could just be conservative off the tee without having to have a system force you. Hit 4i-9i instead of 7i-7i

An over-generalization from my experience:

Breaking 100: You can bang the ball around the course but you need some touch to get the ball in the hole (practice short game)

Breaking 90: You need to limit your OB off the tee (develop full swing consistency)

Breaking 80: You need to get up and down at a higher % and convert when you have the opportunity (practice short game)

Breaking Par: I have not done this yet but I know I need to hit the ball closer with irons/wedges to get more scoring chances and avoid having to lag putt or chip (develop full swing consistency)

Every level for me has been a cycle of alternating between some form of being more accurate with a full swing, and then refining my short game. I know once I break par and I want to shoot in the 60s, it is going to be another level of short game refinement.

My scoring avg is 84.5 but on days when I don't break 90 its ALWAYS trouble off the tee. And the way I broke 80 was (once I had a serviceable tee shot) practicing short game religiously. I'm sure others might be the exact opposite, but I think we all go through the cyclical levels of full swing/short game

G400 LST 8.5* Ventus Blue 6x 🐐 
UW 17* Smoke 70s

Fli-Hi 19* Smoke 80s
223 4-G KBS Tour 120s
RTX ZC 56.12 / 60.09 ff DG Spinner

FTP SM1 0* loft / 400g / SS GT 1.0 

I agree with the logic. It is forcing you to take a shorter club off the tee (more accurate, takes out OB), and forces you to hit a longer club into the green (less accurate, which forces you to work on your short game). But I think it is kind of micromanaging, you could just be conservative off the tee without having to have a system force you. Hit 4i-9i instead of 7i-7i

An over-generalization from my experience:

Breaking 100: You can bang the ball around the course but you need some touch to get the ball in the hole (practice short game)

Breaking 90: You need to limit your OB off the tee (develop full swing consistency)

Breaking 80: You need to get up and down at a higher % and convert when you have the opportunity (practice short game)

Breaking Par: I have not done this yet but I know I need to hit the ball closer with irons/wedges to get more scoring chances and avoid having to lag putt or chip (develop full swing consistency)

Every level for me has been a cycle of alternating between some form of being more accurate with a full swing, and then refining my short game. I know once I break par and I want to shoot in the 60s, it is going to be another level of short game refinement.

My scoring avg is 84.5 but on days when I don't break 90 its ALWAYS trouble off the tee. And the way I broke 80 was (once I had a serviceable tee shot) practicing short game religiously. I'm sure others might be the exact opposite, but I think we all go through the cyclical levels of full swing/short game

How do you know OB is out of play?

Easiest way to break 90 is play 9 holes....

Seriously though, if you can legitimately score in the 90s (no mulligans, playing it down and in) the easiest way to break 90 is more likely a change in mindset than anything else.

Bogey is a good score when trying to break 90. Play for bogey, 18 bogies is a 90, "luck" into a couple pars and it gives you room for a double.

Pump a tee shot into the trees, don't think how do I get this to the pin, think, can I get this near the green. Par 5, think what club can I regularly advance a decent distance on the 2nd shot. Miss the green on a par 3, think, get the next one on the green so I have a chance to 2 putt.

Play a couple of rounds with a different mindset and see what happens.

Golfing Ginger
So glad I picked an outside activity...

Quit going for it. I saw a guy today. Hit the tee shot less than 200 yards but waited for the green to clear from 220+ most people I see that can’t break 90 are trying to hit that 1 shot that they pulled off one time in a thousand. Hit a 7 iron 3 times and you hit it 450 yards. That’s enough to reach any par 4. People that can’t break 90 hit 3 Wood way too many times off the ground. If you duffed your tee shot chances are your not going to hit 3 wood 220 or more to a green. Take your punishment hit a iron back in play and hit the next one by the green. Quit trying hero shots. Center of green. Aim away from trouble. Play more conservative.

Ha, this is the best. I see it all the time. Fellow golfer: I'm 205 out, I'm going to hit my hyrid. In my mind: Well, you just hit your driver pretty solid on this 390 yard hole, I think you should hit another driver then a wedge, but the hybrid will probably get you there:)

The idea of cutting the hole in half is sound. But a bit unreasonable for many. How about 2/3s off the tee and 1/3 into the green? So your 360 yard hole you hit your 220 club off the tee, then 140 into the green. if your 220 club is your driver, great, but don't try to hit your driver 275 then. This is also sound advice for folks trying to break 80, maybe even more so. The simplest way to break 90 is to not have any penalty strokes, duffs, chip-outs, or 3-putts.

If you can hit driver pretty well most of the time, why would you quit doing that which you can do pretty well most of the time?

Just to have the same type of shot over and over. Also.. just for the heck of it, to see what happens.

Also not every single hole, at least on the last course I played, needed driver off the tee. I took at least two 3 woods...also a 4i, and 3h. So with 3 par 3's that was only 12 drivers I hit I think. I know I did pump once OB because there was a huge water hazard infront of me, and also to the right and I just got scared and push cut one into the next county. Rest of my drives were in play, and I can't say with 100% but I know I was in the middle of the fairway at least 5 times. However... If I took 3i off the tee instead, I'm 50-60 yards further away, but those 2 strokes lost from OB probably come back, then maybe the other times I missed fairways, my 2nd shot in is better? Who knows... I'm willing to try new things at this point.

The few times I've broken 90 were when I was relaxed playing with friends and was focused on making good contact rather than muscling the ball around the course. Usually when I struggle with my score, it's due to mistakes made from 100 yards or so from the green. This is where most of my practice time is going recently.

There are few things more frustrating in golf than to waste a career drive and good approach shot(s) by flubbing a simple chip and/or three putting, and end up turning a possible birdie or sure par into a double or triple bogey. A good touch around the greens has saved a poor ball striking day for me many times.

Easiest way to break 90 is seriously get good at your short game. If you can manage misses and know where you can miss without racking up penalty strokes off the tee or on approach shots, getting up and down for mostly bogeys with a couple pars thrown in is easy when your short game is decent.

Seriously, my hcp has hovered around 8-10 for the last couple of years and my full swing has been mostly shite. My GIR is seriously horrible and I feel like I am scrambling for par on almost every hole. However, I play for my misses and get my fair share up and down to shoot around that +9 for 18 holes number.

----> See my current WITB
Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9°, Fujikura VENTUS Red 6 X
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 15° Tensei AV Blue 75 X
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 18° Tensei AV Blue 75 X
Mizuno MP-18 MMC 3 Fli-Hi | 4-PW, Project X LZ 6.5
Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

Couple of observations-

I think with technological advances the modern driver is a very forgiving club. I don't believe the old advice "to score well leave your driver in the trunk" applies anymore. The key is not overswinging. Personally I believe it is easier to hit a modern driver 200 or so yards with an easy swing than it is to hit precise iron shots of 150/160 multiple times on every round.

And no three putts is easier said than done:)

M6 10.5
M4 3W
Titleist 816h 21
CF19 5-AW
SM6 54 & Cally PM 60
Byron Morgan 612
V1X/ERC Soft

I may or may not know the video you are referring to. The vid you describe seems to be a mix of two different vids by the same guy. Now if we are speaking of the same fellow, two shots with the same club is on a short par 4, not something like 400 yards. After your tee shot on a par 5 or long par 4, break down the leftover distance into two equal shots rather than forcing a short chip can be sound advice.

If I hit my driver an average of 210 on a 480 yard par 5 that leaves 270 yards. Break that into two shots of 135. That is two easy well controlled shots with my 9 iron that I have a pretty good chance of stopping on the green. A 135 yard 9 iron is a high confidence shot for me.

Remember, this is breaking 90. These vids are not for mid/low cappers. The person making the videos that I am thinking of is "golf sidekick". I don't agree with all he has to say but overall his vids did incline me to consider better ways to manage the course. For instance, I sometimes have issues with chipping distances. I do have a perfect 100 yard club that hits the ball high with plenty of spin. To make it easier for me, I will play layups to 100 yards.

I posted some of his vids under "instruction" a little while ago. They helped me enjoy the game more as I practice to get better. Someday I may agree these vids are useless, but for now....

edit: One more thing. If I'm not swinging the driver good one day, I'll be teeing off with a 185 yard 4 iron which will leave me in the middle but with some good distance to go on a par 5.

Couple of observations-

I think with technological advances the modern driver is a very forgiving club. I don't believe the old advice "to score well leave your driver in the trunk" applies anymore. The key is not overswinging. Personally I believe it is easier to hit a modern driver 200 or so yards with an easy swing than it is to hit precise iron shots of 150/160 multiple times on every round.

And no three putts is easier said than done:)

Totally agree. If my swing is having an off day, I have a way better shot of hitting a fairway with a bunt driver that goes, 200-210 then I am hitting a hybrid or 4 iron off the tee.

Couple of observations- I think with technological advances the modern driver is a very forgiving club. I don't believe the old advice "to score well leave your driver in the trunk" applies anymore. The key is not overswinging. Personally I believe it is easier to hit a modern driver 200 or so yards with an easy swing than it is to hit precise iron shots of 150/160 multiple times on every round. And no three putts is easier said than done:)

I struggle with the concept of hitting a 200 yard driver. It definitely seems more difficult than hitting a teed up 5i or hybrid. It seems like I'd want a different loft/stiffness setup to consistently play a 200 yard driver shot... I'd just add a 13+ degree driver to the bag.

3 putt avoidance is just a mindset change. The thing to remember is that 3 putts are caused by the 1st putt, not the 2nd putt. I've seen a few adults and 2 juniors drop their scoring averages by just adopting a 3 putt avoidance oriented approach. Also remember that there are multiple lines on a putt. There may be a "make" line/speed and a "lag" line/speed that give very different results. It's hard to choose a line where you're not giving it any chance to go in, but that's where the change in mindset takes over.

These 2 articles completely changed my approach to putting and practice:

https://www.pgatour....putt-again.html

https://blog.18birdi...by-the-numbers/

The 2nd one is really important. It's important to know where your 50%, 75%, and 95% putt range are. My ranges are pretty close to the ranges in the chart (maybe 1 foot shorter). Outside of my 50% range I consider everything a lag putt. If it accidentally goes in, great, but I don't expect to make it. I expect to leave a putt in my gimme/95% range (3 feet). Anything inside of a hula-hoop sized circle is a good putt. When hitting longer lag putts, I want a 75% or better chance to make a 2 putt. So on a chip or a 30 foot putt I'm aiming for a circle with a 5 foot radius.

For practice, the majority of my putting practice is from 25+ feet and less than 6 feet. If I'm executing properly, I shouldn't have many 10 footers on a 2nd or 3rd putt.

The error that causes 3 putts is trying to make the initial 25 footer and leaving an 8 foot comebacker. We sometimes see Rickie Fowler or Jordan Speith make 20 footers look easy, but in reality even most pros don't make more than 50% of 10 footers. It's very difficult to increase the make percentage of those putts, but it's very easy to reduce/eliminate 3 putts on those putts.

"Of all the hazards, fear is the worst" - Sam Snead
WITB: PXG 0311 ~ Ping Anser 4w @16.5 ~ Cobra F6 Baffler @18.5 ~ Titleist T300 4-P ~ Titleist Vokey 48, 54, 58 ~ Cleveland HB 8