KSIG versus K3

monks66

I wish this thread would stay on topic because I really want to hear more about the comparison. You would think as much as people care where their golf ball comes from, they would just buy from Titleist or B-Stone to be certain, rather than buying warehouse golf balls. It’s like people buying organic. Anywho, it sounds as if someone is actually going to test the new K3 so we can see the results. Hopefully they test it against the K4. I’ll be interested to see that comparison.

Yes...as the originator of this thread, please just ball reviews...no other commentary...

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish this thread would stay on topic because I really want to hear more about the comparison. You would think as much as people care where their golf ball comes from, they would just buy from Titleist or B-Stone to be certain, rather than buying warehouse golf balls. It’s like people buying organic. Anywho, it sounds as if someone is actually going to test the new K3 so we can see the results. Hopefully they test it against the K4. I’ll be interested to see that comparison.

Yes...as the originator of this thread, please just ball reviews...no other commentary...

People have tested it, in the original thread...Just search and see....SMH!

People have tested it, in the original thread...Just search and see....SMH!

did ya read what i wrote when i started the this thread, apparently not...i dont wanta search and see when i am trying to find ball reviews...now i am SMH....thanks to those who understand why i started this thread....to the other difficult ones...oh well

It's called "herding cats". Good luck with that.

I prefer the original Ksig, but I only have a couple rounds with the k3. The k3 feels softer, and I typically prefer that, but by no means does the original feel hard to me. Based on the overall performance of the original, I don't see myself changing to the new ball anytime soon. I just hope the original Ksig will be available in the future.

Since "...i dont wanta search and see when i am trying to find ball reviews..." I thought maybe this would help.

​Kirkland​ ​Signature​ ​Performance Plus​ three-piece​ ​urethane​ ​cover​ ​golf​ ​ball, ​ ​a​ ​high performance​ ​ball​ ​suitable​ ​for​ ​recreational​ ​and​ ​competitive​ ​play.

The low compression highly elastic rubber core provides a soft feel with high speed, while the 338-dimple pattern provides a penetrating ball trajectory.

The Kirkland Signature Performance Plus is encased in a soft urethane cover that provides a responsive putting feel, excellent green side control and longer-lasting durability.

Since "...i dont wanta search and see when i am trying to find ball reviews..." I thought maybe this would help.

​Kirkland​ ​Signature​ ​Performance Plus​ three-piece​ ​urethane​ ​cover​ ​golf​ ​ball, ​ ​a​ ​high performance​ ​ball​ ​suitable​ ​for​ ​recreational​ ​and​ ​competitive​ ​play.

The low compression highly elastic rubber core provides a soft feel with high speed, while the 338-dimple pattern provides a penetrating ball trajectory.

The Kirkland Signature Performance Plus is encased in a soft urethane cover that provides a responsive putting feel, excellent green side control and longer-lasting durability.

I don’t think that’s what the OP was asking for...

Has anyone actually tested both on a TrackMan?

I don't think that's what the OP was asking for...

TrackMan is so gender biased...it needs to be renamed TrackGolfer.

It's called "herding cats". Good luck with that. I prefer the original Ksig, but I only have a couple rounds with the k3. The k3 feels softer, and I typically prefer that, but by no means does the original feel hard to me. Based on the overall performance of the original, I don't see myself changing to the new ball anytime soon. I just hope the original Ksig will be available in the future.

i also like the ksig4 better too, cant say exactly, just like it better

So far I actually like the K3 better. I know the KSIG is a phenominal ball, but over the last 18 months I really have never played extremely well with it. It's mental, but so is 90% of golf right? Maybe it's the smaller font on the KSIG vs the K3.

The K3 is less clicky for sure which is also a plus for me. Again they are both great balls, probably need to play both for yourself to see what you like and dislike.

If you like Firm Feel - KSIG

If you like a nice softer muted feel - K3

Start there.

Cobra F7+ - Stiff
Callaway V-Series 3 & 5 wood with Aldila Rouge Silver
Srixon 585 5-AW - Modus 105 Stiff
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 53 & 58 Degree
EVNROLL ER5
Srixon XV - Yellow

I don't think that's what the OP was asking for...

Some guy in the other thread did

I played k3 today..

Wow... what a letdown

Distance and spin is not significantly different but the feel is so crap.

I won't be buying k3 anymore. When MSG said new ksig will be nothing like original.. (spin rating might have went up) but msg is right... k3 is nothing like ksig.

It's not supposed to be :russian_roulette:

I played k3 today..

Wow... what a letdown

I won't be buying k3 anymore. When MSG said new ksig will be nothing like original.. (spin rating might have went up) but msg is right... k3 is nothing like ksig.

It's not supposed to be :russian_roulette:

That's exactly what I was going to post. It's no longer amazing how clueless some people really are. Guessing he drank to much kool-aid.

Srixon ZX7/Cobra Radspeed XB

ZX 3w Riptide/Cobra radspeed motore F3

ZX 19/22 hy Riptide 

Cobra FT 5-Pw,Aw KBS/ Cobra F9 5-pw,aw 

Cbx ZC 54/Cbx FF 58 Dgold

Cobra sport 45/Cleveland elevado

Srixon QST/Titleist Pro V1 or whatever urethane balls I may find 

I am nowhere near the golfer most Golfwrx members are, by that I mean that:

No tour issue equipment in my bag, I play regular flex shafts, my drives go 280 occasionally, 255-260 average, 92-95 mph average driver swing speed, scores are in the high 80's and don't belong to a country club.

To this hacker, the difference between the original and the three piece is the price! that's it!!!! Oh and the letters on the ball,,,,,,,,,,,

And if your not a low single digit player, doubt you would be able to tell the difference either,,,,,,,

Tee it up!!!!

I played k3 today..

Wow... what a letdown

I put some K3 golf balls in my coffee. Totally dissapoiinted. I will never buy them again. Nothing like sugar.

I listened to 15 minutes of the MGS podcast. They slammed the KTrey without testing it or ever hitting it.

If you look at their site it says "Let's replace hype with cold hard data."

So hang on Sloopy, you haven't hit the ball, you haven't played it, you haven't tested it but you can publish an opinion?

You need to grab a mirror, read your own statements and get your head out of Uranus as your content is of zero value.

I listened to 15 minutes of the MGS podcast. They slammed the KTrey without testing it or ever hitting it.

So hang on Sloopy, you haven't hit the ball, you haven't played it, you haven't tested it but you can publish an opinion?

You need to grab a mirror, read your own statements and get your head out of Uranus as your content is of zero value.

Don't tell them that. They've blocked me from commenting on any stories they publish and their facebook page and I wasn't that harsh.

Don't tell them that. They've blocked me from commenting on any stories they publish and their facebook page and I wasn't that harsh.

That was the first time I ever listened to any of their podcasts. If that's the type of drivel they throw out there then it would be a privilege to join you on a blocked list of commenters.

Lol. So I can't say bad things about k3 here?

I know it's not same as ksig, duh. my point is that it's not even close to being as good as ksig.

People who are comparing this to project a or Qst just because they all are 3 piece urethane are clueless.

Assuming this is directed at me so I'll respond.

My post at the MSG people is the statement that they are using data as the foundation of their opinions and that hype isn't a factor. As mentioned, they haven't hit, played or tested the ball so they can't have an opinion formed on data.

You have every right to say what you want about a ball or even what tees everyone should play. But when the "value" you're purporting to bring to avid golfers is based on data and you have none, you've invalidated your model.

They get pissy when challenged. They got mad at Truelinks footwear for calling BS on their best spikeless shoe test last night. Its so individually subjective and unless they've played numerous rounds in each shoe, how can they even say what is "best". They won't test the 3pc because they have to go negative based on their prior comments and people who actually play the ball on forums like this will call BS. #CredibilityIssue

They get pissy when challenged. They got mad at Truelinks footwear for calling BS on their best spikeless shoe test last night. Its so individually subjective and unless they've played numerous rounds in each shoe, how can they even say what is "best". They won't test the 3pc because they have to go negative based on their prior comments and people who actually play the ball on forums like this will call BS. #CredibilityIssue

Did that get deleted? I don't see any comments from them for the story on the site

I have hit the new K3 and I must say that the Kirkland Signature mantra of "as good if not better than leading industry products" is flat wrong in this case. There are much better 3 piece golf balls out there, and it isn't even close. Project A, Pro V1, and numerous Bridgestones just to name a few. The K3 is a better 3 piece ball than the Project S, Top Flite Gamer, and Callaway Superhot, but that's about it. Sure, the K3 is more economical, but the Kirkland Signature brand doesn't say "much better considering the price". They present themselves as being equal to or better than despite the economical pricing, like the OG Ksig.

I have hit the new K3 and I must say that the Kirkland Signature mantra of "as good if not better than leading industry products" is flat wrong in this case. There are much better 3 piece golf balls out there, and it isn't even close. Project A, Pro V1, and numerous Bridgestones just to name a few. The K3 is a better 3 piece ball than the Project S, Top Flite Gamer, and Callaway Superhot, but that's about it. Sure, the K3 is more economical, but the Kirkland Signature brand doesn't say "much better considering the price". They present themselves as being equal to or better than despite the economical pricing, like the OG Ksig.
for me the K3 was every bit as good as the AVX. Even when cut open, the cover thickness looked the same . Same ball flight (low) and same green side spin (or lack there of)

IMO when compared to the $47 AVX it is as good. Not better but as good for 1/3 the price

Cobra F7+ - Stiff
Callaway V-Series 3 & 5 wood with Aldila Rouge Silver
Srixon 585 5-AW - Modus 105 Stiff
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 53 & 58 Degree
EVNROLL ER5
Srixon XV - Yellow

for me the K3 was every bit as good as the AVX. Even when cut open, the cover thickness looked the same . Same ball flight (low) and same green side spin (or lack there of)

IMO when compared to the $47 AVX it is as good. Not better but as good for 1/3 the price

To me, this all becoming harder and harder to sort through. I was told by MGS that these "white label balls" come out of three factories: Nassau, Fantom, and Foremost and is available for anyone who wants to purchase it. Sometimes exclusive deals may be negotiated in those situations. And in these cases its really coming from a variety of elements from expired patents. They believe this ball does not perform well into the wind based on inferences from that. As far as information that was shared on the podcast about the ball, they have reportedly been working on this story for 6 months and have been in touch with half a dozen sources on over 3 continents and that's where their information is coming from.

I still believe the best way to handle this would have been to release the podcast information along with testing results in one article or post the podcast information followed up within a day or so of testing data....

Did that get deleted? I don't see any comments from them for the story on the site

Its on their Twitter feed.

Have you hit it or have you played numerous rounds with it to give yourself a valid opinion on performance? I've hit it on one hole, smoked it down the middle, hit it on the green and made par. Yet I haven't opined regarding it yet because I'm not sure based on my limited sample. Until people play numerous rounds with it or do hours of testing on a launch monitor, no one can say for sure whether or not its a good ball.

To me, this all becoming harder and harder to sort through. I was told by MGS that these "white label balls" come out of three factories: Nassau, Fantom, and Foremost and is available for anyone who wants to purchase it. Sometimes exclusive deals may be negotiated in those situations. And in these cases its really coming from a variety of elements from expired patents. They believe this ball does not perform well into the wind based on inferences from that. As far as information that was shared on the podcast about the ball, they have reportedly been working on this story for 6 months and have been in touch with half a dozen sources on over 3 continents and that's where their information is coming from.

I still believe the best way to handle this would have been to release the podcast information along with testing results in one article or post the podcast information followed up within a day or so of testing data....

I guess also the cutaway part of the 3 piece ball usually indicates less durability, very clicky, and a bad sign for greenside spin