Jones Bag Users

I don't, but Jones customer service wants to see pictures of the strap pad and the transfer onto my shirts. When I take those I'll take one of the bag itself.

I can't understand why Jones asked for pictures. This HAS to be a common problem with their bags, and any carry bag in general. The sweat from shirts cause the strap to bleed. I've played Jones bags for years, and have always had the stained shoulders since day one. The stain has always washed out and no permanent damage to my shirts. However, my theory is not to wear really expensive shirts.

The asking for pictures reminds me of email tag I had with New Balance walking shoes. The two part soles came apart ( in several places, on both shoes) in a few months. I emailed the company, they asked for model numbers pictures, etc. in the course of four emails, always from a different individual, thanking me for my replies. The final email stated that after review, the shoes exhibited normal wear, and I should contact a customer service representative to discuss a model more suitable to my use.

No refund, credit or otherwise, but told the shoes exhibited normal wear. New Balance is NO New Balance for me.

I don't, but Jones customer service wants to see pictures of the strap pad and the transfer onto my shirts. When I take those I'll take one of the bag itself.

I can't understand why Jones asked for pictures. This HAS to be a common problem with their bags, and any carry bag in general. The sweat from shirts cause the strap to bleed. I've played Jones bags for years, and have always had the stained shoulders since day one. The stain has always washed out and no permanent damage to my shirts. However, my theory is not to wear really expensive shirts.

The asking for pictures reminds me of email tag I had with New Balance walking shoes. The two part soles came apart ( in several places, on both shoes) in a few months. I emailed the company, they asked for model numbers pictures, etc. in the course of four emails, always from a different individual, thanking me for my replies. The final email stated that after review, the shoes exhibited normal wear, and I should contact a customer service representative to discuss a model more suitable to my use.

No refund, credit or otherwise, but told the shoes exhibited normal wear. New Balance is NO New Balance for me.

I don't either but, hey, it didn't cost me anything. They are sending me a replacement strap but my gut feeling is that the new strap will bleed just like the old one did (the CS guy, while nice, didn't seem too surprised at my issue). When I made my OP I expected responses like "they all do that", which I really didn't get until yours. As I say, if the stain washed out then OK, an annoyance but no big deal. But this way I really can't carry the bag unless I either want to sacrifice some shirts or perhaps wrap or coat the pad.

Quite disappointing from a brand like Jones; as I say, if it washed out then OK (but still). Maybe I'll be surprised and the new strap will be usable, or I'll need to look for another brand with a better quality strap.

Thanks for the info.

Harry Redknapp on signing good-looking Portuguese winger Dani, he told reporters:

"My missus fancies him. Even I don't know whether to play him or f**k him."

I was going to start a separate thread but then spied this one.

I ordered a Player's Series #005 carry bag from Jones last year. I wanted to carry to get some exercise (wifey says if I carry my bag on the course then I don't have to go to the gym :) ). Unfortunately, I found that after a round (well, actually, 9 holes, I'm not good enough for an 18-hole course) I have a black stain on my polo's shoulder where the strap rests. No doubt when I sweat the moisture causes the inner black pad on the strap to bleed, but the problem is those stains DON'T wash out. I figured a company like Jones would design the bag to be carried and use materials that didn't cause this (I'm OK washing the shirts, I just don't want the stain to be permanent). Before I go out this season to embarrass myself yet again, does anyone else experience this (I can't imagine it's just me) and, if so, is there something I can do to mitigate the problem? Maybe spray a sealer of some sort on the pad?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Man, don't take this the wrong way, but how much do you sweat? I sweat a ton, but never to the point where I'm drenched, and I've never have had an issue with my Original. I've put a ton of hours on mine between the course and the range... Seems odd, gotta be defective?!

Giving this the hard ponder again.

I believe they usually have a great Black Friday sale. If you get to then without buying one, you may want to go ahead and buy one then. If you think you'd like it, you almost certainly will.

For the folks to whom it doesn't appeal, they're probably right too and they wouldn't like it.

I believe they usually have a great Black Friday sale. If you get to then without buying one, you may want to go ahead and buy one then. If you think you'd like it, you almost certainly will.

For the folks to whom it doesn't appeal, they're probably right too and they wouldn't like it.

I have a utility bag that i am using more and more as i walk more....and i actually just bought their weekender bag for quick traveling and again its an amazing quality bag.

I probably cant justify the purchase right now. When it gets warmer here I still have a good sun mountain cart bag for the push cart. However, youre right their black friday is awesome. Maybe they'll be stocked up with the black vinyl again.

Anyone get their name/initials put on their bag?

I have a utility bag that i am using more and more as i walk more....and i actually just bought their weekender bag for quick traveling and again its an amazing quality bag.

I probably cant justify the purchase right now. When it gets warmer here I still have a good sun mountain cart bag for the push cart. However, youre right their black friday is awesome. Maybe they'll be stocked up with the black vinyl again.

I may have to check out their non-golf bag gear based on that.

I have my name and initials embroidered on mine. If nothing else, I think the splash of contrasting color looks sharp.

I have my name and initials embroidered on mine. If nothing else, I think the splash of contrasting color looks sharp.

Ha ok cool. I got the Blue Utility bag with my initials in red and it looks awesome. I would get my name on a rider bag in the brush script if i were to buy...wanted to see if that was a hacker/tool look on the course haha glad i have company!

Ha ok cool. I got the Blue Utility bag with my initials in red and it looks awesome. I would get my name on a rider bag in the brush script if i were to buy...wanted to see if that was a hacker/tool look on the course haha glad i have company!

lets see some pictures!

Man, don't take this the wrong way, but how much do you sweat? I sweat a ton, but never to the point where I'm drenched, and I've never have had an issue with my Original. I've put a ton of hours on mine between the course and the range... Seems odd, gotta be defective?!

I don't, no worries. :) And I'm sure Wriggles doesn't "oversweat" either (although the stains wash out in that case). The dye bleeds/transfers, and in my case the stain does not wash out.

I mean, not to get into TMI, but I always wear an undershirt, regardless of the temp, which of course tends to mitigate the effect of any sweat. The strap DOES rub against the shirt as I walk, though, perhaps the dye is rubbing off. I don't know. But the fact that there seem to be one or two reports of a stain amongst Player's bag users is consistent with a defect, I just think if that was the case then Jones would have known about it.

We'll see.

Harry Redknapp on signing good-looking Portuguese winger Dani, he told reporters:

"My missus fancies him. Even I don't know whether to play him or f**k him."

I don't, no worries. :) And I'm sure Wriggles doesn't "oversweat" either (although the stains wash out in that case). The dye bleeds/transfers, and in my case the stain does not wash out.

I mean, not to get into TMI, but I always wear an undershirt, regardless of the temp, which of course tends to mitigate the effect of any sweat. The strap DOES rub against the shirt as I walk, though, perhaps the dye is rubbing off. I don't know. But the fact that there seem to be one or two reports of a stain amongst Player's bag users is consistent with a defect, I just think if that was the case then Jones would have known about it.

We'll see.

I wear an undershirt also. I'm really getting curious about this. In my experience, straps all bleed, especially in hot, humid weather. I've had the same stains on a light windbreaker, though. The strap is made like a sponge. It picks up dirt and moisture easily.

Defective? Maybe. Never really worried about it, though.

I just don't wear expensive shirts, under $20 is my remedy.

PS: I can understand the concern, though. The Jones bags are not $10. Although affordable, I think they're expensive enough for the company to put some R&D into non bleeding straps.

The strap of the Player Series bag is the only part of the bag that corners were cut that I'm not a fan of either. They tried to make it just like the MacKenzie bag strap, but instead of using leather, they used the black plastic grippy stuff. Mine does't seem to bleed on my shirt, but I'm not necessarily giving it a chance either. For the price, great bag!

"I took my Camaro back to CarMax. I never could get all the gravel out that I tried to haul in it."

"I got one better for you. I needed to haul compost. Enough said."

Grasp the concept here. Sheesh.

I guess it was like I said, the bag didn't fit my needs.

Back in the 1980's/1900's when Jones bags were very popular, this was always a problem. They were horrible for winter golf. Folks would make wooden stands for their bags and such. This is exactly the same today. Of course the utility bag has legs as do most carry bags today. I think this thread can handle the realization that the Players Series and original bags are not a great choice for morning rounds in the dew or in the rain. It's all good, I love my Jones bags...

I shifted from Utility bag to Players Series Navy with the Black Friday sale. I am a dew sweeper once the weather warms up, but I played today and it was a misty drizzle to light rain all 18. Bag did very well. Not nearly as water logged as I expected - very pleased with the performance

I'm thinking of my next Jones Bag.

For this one I'm going with a navy players bag, and some custom designed headcovers with my family tartan. I love my original, but i like the solid colors as well. what do you think?

do you guys prefer a navy or black bag with the plaid headcovers above?

For this one I'm going with a navy players bag, and some custom designed headcovers with my family tartan. I love my original, but i like the solid colors as well. what do you think?

I think the navy would go well with those colors.

BTW. I have an original and a Players bag. The players bag is great. I prefer it’s material and craftsmanship more than the original.

Taylormade M4 tour 8.5*   Attas 4U 6X

Srixon Z H45  16*

Callaway Apex MB raw 4-PW  

Cleveland 588    52,60

Scotty Newport the art of putting

-----------------------------------------

I think the navy would go well with those colors.

BTW. I have an original and a Players bag. The players bag is great. I prefer itâ€s material and craftsmanship more than the original.

I have green original as well, i like it, got a killer deal, out the players just looks a little more classy

Anybody know how to structure an original Jones bag. I love my players bag. Now I want to put a support system in the original.

I recently got a Players bag and it great. 4c4a02ed3dd68bbd1eb5a8c24a8fc6ac.jpg

Taylormade M4 tour 8.5*   Attas 4U 6X

Srixon Z H45  16*

Callaway Apex MB raw 4-PW  

Cleveland 588    52,60

Scotty Newport the art of putting

-----------------------------------------

Interesting ... I've seen more reports of people removing the structure rod from the players bag. That said, I'd think putting something like a wooden dowel or fiberglass stick into the original would suffice. Driveway markers (same as alignment sticks, but much cheaper) from Home Depot or Lowes come to mind.

BTW - love the navy players bag. Been enjoying my original, but thinking about adding a players as you did.

Half the clubs, twice the fun!