2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Augusta members.

Are there any members on the forum who are members of the beautiful Masters Course?

I'm intrigued to know what it's like when the Masters isn't being played there.

What happens in medals?

Is the course closed for any great length of time to keep it pristine?

If you are a member, roughly how many months a year can you get on the course to play etc etc etc

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure if someone on WRX was a member, they would NEVER let it be known.

The course closes about a week or two after the Masters and doesn't reopen until October. The grasses on the course die in the summer and can't handle the southern heat. It makes me wonder how the course always looks pristine on Google satellite view. I'm sure the powers that be have arranged something with the Alphabet company.

Members can play October to March (the course closes to prep for the Masters) and reports are that on any given weekday there are 3-4 members out on the course.

Titleist TSi3 | Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 3W | Titleist 915H 4H | Mizuno JPX-850 Forged 4-GW | Cleveland RTX-3 54, 60 | Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1

I know a member through business (not well) that hasn't been a member long. He is a CEO of a large company. His comment to me was that it is different than any other clubs you belong to. It is all about hosting people primarily and that he has only played with other members a couple of times. I didn't ask him about too much because I hope he invites me one day and I didn't want to push my luck early in getting to know him.

Some good insight on the TG2 podcast a couple of weeks ago:

http://www.golfwrx.com/506710/whats-it-like-to-play-augusta-national-as-an-average-golfer/

Taylormade SIM 8* - Matrix OZIK MFS Black Tie 70X
Taylormade M5 15* - Aldila Black Mamba 80TX
Taylormade M5 19* - Fuji Motore Speeder 8.3X
Taylormade P790 4-PW - Project X 7.0
Taylormade Hi Toe 52* and 58* - KBS $-Taper 125 S+ Black
Taylormade Ardmore 2 35" Super Stroke Claw 1.0

The course closes about a week or two after the Masters and doesn't reopen until October. The grasses on the course die in the summer and can't handle the southern heat. It makes me wonder how the course always looks pristine on Google satellite view. I'm sure the powers that be have arranged something with the Alphabet company.

Members can play October to March (the course closes to prep for the Masters) and reports are that on any given weekday there are 3-4 members out on the course.

Course closes in May the week before Memorial Day, but the October date for open is correct. Course doesn't close for prep as members have access to play even on the Sunday before practice rounds begin (DCP day). By that point though, they will be playing with the pros and/or their families, other guests and other members. I know Bubba had his wife playing on the Sunday prior a couple years ago with one of the members.

Makes me wonder, are people members of AGNC for the golf course or more for the exclusivity/high society/networking?

I think that the people who are able to join view it partly as a career achievement award, partly as an opportunity to be a steward of the game they love, and partly as an obligation to their company's potential guests (clients, vendors, whatever).

Ginni Rometty's GHIN is brutal - her lowest score, with ESC applied, is 105. And she hasn't posted a score in 5 years. So not exactly an avid golfer...But as the CEO of IBM, she has an obligation to the company to entertain valuable prospects at ANGC if possible, so she's a member.

There are undoubtedly local and legacy members who are there purely for their love of the course and the game, but they're the exception rather than the rule.

I'd be shocked if every member isn't a member of at least 2-3 other clubs on the low end and perhaps 12 or more on the high end. This isn't a place to play as your daily and thus the "national" in the name. Getting in, has to be such a long term schmoozing/impressing courtship that heads of companies are put in a position to meet other heads of companies, which leads to an invite eventually I would imagine.

I'd be happy with PV, CP, or Seminole which no doubt shares a couple dozens members. Someday, some of us posting here on this board could get an invite to play with a member as God has a plan.

I saw a few years ago that google earth had a pic of ANGC on their site that was taken in the summer. brown as can be and ANGC made them remove it and put a perminent picture up which i would guess was taken sometime around april

This thread makes me laugh!!! I don't think any Augusta member has ever even been on this site let alone joined. Members at the top level clubs tend to be very private so that people don't harass them for invites and ask dumb questions about the place.

It is not unheard of.. I have a buddy who is a member of Chicago Golf Club who is on here all the time. Not quite Augusta, but it is still up there. You don't like the poster's question just move on.

This thread makes me laugh!!! I don't think any Augusta member has ever even been on this site let alone joined. Members at the top level clubs tend to be very private so that people don't harass them for invites and ask dumb questions about the place.

How the hell do you know? Members of prestigious clubs are people just like me and you. They like talking golf like me and you. I wouldn't be surprised if perhaps a member has posted on this site. It is a very large community after all.

It is not unheard of.. I have a buddy who is a member of Chicago Golf Club who is on here all the time. Not quite Augusta, but it is still up there. You don't like the poster's question just move on.

I think Golfwrx has pretty good representation among Top ~20 courses. It would surprise me if there was not at least one ANGC member who was also a Golfwrx member.

How the hell do you know? Members of prestigious clubs are people just like me and you. They like talking golf like me and you. I wouldn't be surprised if perhaps a member has posted on this site. It is a very large community after all.

Your right. I don't know anything about prestigious clubs and I have never met any members from those clubs. I will let you get back to posting with the elite members on here. Post your pictures when you get the Augusta invite from posting in this thread!!!

I think Golfwrx has pretty good representation among Top ~20 courses. It would surprise me if there was not at least one ANGC member who was also a Golfwrx member.

Probably the guy in BST selling practice round tickets for $3 g’s

Probably the guy in BST selling practice round tickets for $3 g’s

Your right. I don't know anything about prestigious clubs and I have never met any members from those clubs. I will let you get back to posting with the elite members on here. Post your pictures when you get the Augusta invite from posting in this thread!!!

No one suggested getting an invite to play from a thread...and where the hell is East Philly?

No one suggested getting an invite to play from a thread...and where the hell is East Philly?

I'm sure that's Jersey for short.

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s
Callaway Apex Pro 4H ADDI 85s
Titleist T200 5i, T100 6-PW Accra i100
Titleist 50F-54S-58M Accra i105

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

Iknow of two members at ANGC that at least peruse the site and one masters champion who peruses as well

And I can say with 100% certainty that I know of a CPC member that does the same or at least did for quite some time. I don’t think he has ever posted however.

Remember that a lot of the guys that belong to these clubs now are in the tech world. They grew up on the internet and they use it like everyone else.

Iknow of two members at ANGC that at least peruse the site and one masters champion who peruses as well

And I can say with 100% certainty that I know of a CPC member that does the same or at least did for quite some time. I don’t think he has ever posted however.

Remember that a lot of the guys that belong to these clubs now are in the tech world. They grew up on the internet and they use it like everyone else.

So there is this member of ANGC by the name of Bill Gates. I hear he know a bit about computers.

Ping G400 Testing G410.  10.5 set at small -
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood

Ping G410 5 hybrid-not much use.  
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal. 5-G
Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly