SNELL GOLF BALLS??? anyone???

abel88

i played again yesterday. still really like the red. I wish that it had just a touch more spin around the 30-50 yard area. everything else is money. i have been playing the yellow, hey Dean have you noticed any differences in performance due to color?

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

Played the red for 9 tonight. It performs very nicely and dances on the green unlike any ball I've played in a while. Almost backed one up into the hole. I didn't really notice much more spin off the driver over the black but the black was a hair longer off the tee.

I'm used to a little run out so its tough for me to throw the ball closer to the hole.

Overall both are great balls but I think that based on feel alone the black gains a little more favor from me. But I have to hand it to Mr. Snell, he's made two great balls that pretty much negate my need to mess around with competitors.

F6 baffler
MP54
T7/S18/eye2XG Lob
Classic #3

Got my test pack a few weeks ago and in testing mode. Initial impressions are that the RED does indeed spin more around the greens. Checks up almost too much, so you have to account for this. But once you do it is so much fun to be able to get the ball to stop where you want vs having to guess about roll-out.

It does however seem to be shorter off the tee than the new BLACK. The BLACK has a nice feel off the driver and seems to have more roll. Hard to tell at this point if BLACK is longer than RED, so more testing to do...

Srixon Z785 6-P
PXG 0211 4h & 5h
Mizuno T 56/58/60
Tour Edge C721 10.5 w/Ventus Red R
PXG 0341 Proto 3w
Titleist 909 5w
TaylorMade Daddy Long Legs Spider
Snell MTB-X

i played again yesterday. still really like the red. I wish that it had just a touch more spin around the 30-50 yard area. everything else is money. i have been playing the yellow, hey Dean have you noticed any differences in performance due to color?

The color has no impact on the performance for MTB RED.. both balls will have the same performance....

Just got my 6 dozen Red! yea baby....

Played a few holes with Red today, windy, 62 degrees.

Yea, love this ball. So predictable, stops dead in its tracks on approaches...all...the...time. A neat way to play. With other balls, I'd normally roll out and get in trouble, the Red is point and shoot.

Great chipping and putting ball. Can't wait for some grass to grow around here, lots of thin shot hitting off of pretty much bare dirt most of the time. Looking forward to even better results.

Driver (9.0) - Cobra LTDx Aldila Rogue Silver 70 S, 44.5"
Wood (14.5) - Ping G425 MAX Alta CB 65 Slate S

Wood (17.5) - Ping G425 MAX Alta CB 65 Slate S
Driving Iron (20) - Srixon U65 Project X 5.5
Irons (5-6) - Srixon Z565 Project X 5.5
Irons (7-P) - Srixon Z765 Project X 5.5
Wedges - Vokey SM-7 Jet Black / 50.08 F / 54.08 M / 58.08 M DG S300
Putter - Edel E-1
Ball - Titleist Prov1x
ZGrip Midsized Grips

monkeyboy you mentioned the wind today, obviously an overall positive experience with the Red, but any thoughts on the wind in particular today?

TaylorMade M5 / Callaway Mavrik 3W / Maltby KE4 FDI 19 / Callaway Mavrik Pro 3H / Maltby TS1 4-GW / Callaway MD2 56 / Odyssey Double Wide / Titleist Pro V1

monkeyboy you mentioned the wind today, obviously an overall positive experience with the Red, but any thoughts on the wind in particular today?

Hard to tell..I had 2 bad tee shots that I definitely mishit, maybe another ball would not have veered as much offline - in the end a small price to pay and one I am willing to pay for a ball that does so well on approaches. I had alot more approach shot that hugged a side of the green and held right where they landed. Other balls would have gone off to the never never. That is more important to me than losing a few yards on a poorly stuck drive.

No obvious issues with the Red ball in the wind on normal shots. Play to the pin...I am still learning this. Came up a bit short or long today due to my mentality more than the ball. Hit 11 GIR which was really good for me, especially on a windy day. Again, I feel that one has to adjust their mental game with a ball that sits so well...pick a number and trust it....the ball will behave.

Driver (9.0) - Cobra LTDx Aldila Rogue Silver 70 S, 44.5"
Wood (14.5) - Ping G425 MAX Alta CB 65 Slate S

Wood (17.5) - Ping G425 MAX Alta CB 65 Slate S
Driving Iron (20) - Srixon U65 Project X 5.5
Irons (5-6) - Srixon Z565 Project X 5.5
Irons (7-P) - Srixon Z765 Project X 5.5
Wedges - Vokey SM-7 Jet Black / 50.08 F / 54.08 M / 58.08 M DG S300
Putter - Edel E-1
Ball - Titleist Prov1x
ZGrip Midsized Grips

I'm still loving the red, its been pretty windy here for a few weeks, have had no issues with it in the wind. I have noticed on shots into the green that my playing partners are no longer saying "bite" as the ball approaches the green. I think they've final caught on, it will.

Ping G430 Max 10K Tour 2.0 Black 60 X
Ping G430 15* AV Raw Blue 75 TX

Titleist TSi2 21* AV Raw Blue 75TX
Ping 3 iCrossover Tour 2.0 S 
Ping Blueprint S 5-W UST Dart V 120 F5
Ping Glide 4.0 50S 54S MMT 125 TX

Vokey 58M MMT 125 TX
Lab Mezz 1 Accra 
Snell Prime

Hello Dean, this might have been answered already,but is there a yellow MTB black to be offered in near future?

Cast urethane (MTB Black and ProV1) does not take color the way that TPU does, which is why the Red uses TPU and is available in yellow.

Titleist TSi3 9* B2T2 Tensei AV Raw White / Cobra SZ Tour 3W Tensei AV Blue 15* / Cobra F6 Baffler Matrix Red Tie 18.5* / Maltby KE4 TC 22* / Maltby TS1 IM 5-GW Nippon Modus 120x / Taylormade Hi-Toe 54*/60* / Cobra Supernova

Hello Dean, this might have been answered already,but is there a yellow MTB black to be offered in near future?

Cast urethane (MTB Black and ProV1) does not take color the way that TPU does, which is why the Red uses TPU and is available in yellow.

Oh. Thanks for explaining in detail. I still do wish a yellow ball with the mtb black performance.

i think the choice between Black or Red rests on how good a golfer you are... myself being a mid handi, i need less spin off driver and longer irons, and as far as spin, would love some, but again i am a mid handi golfer , so dont spin the ball so much...with this sdaid, the Black benefits me more, eventhough it is the lesser of the two with spin.. the better golfers can lay claim to using the Red more so... just my thoughts...the black is my ball

i think the choice between Black or Red rests on how good a golfer you are... myself being a mid handi, i need less spin off driver and longer irons, and as far as spin, would love some, but again i am a mid handi golfer , so dont spin the ball so much...with this sdaid, the Black benefits me more, eventhough it is the lesser of the two with spin.. the better golfers can lay claim to using the Red more so... just my thoughts...the black is my ball

No offense but I'm going to respectfully disagree.

I don't think skill or handicap has as much to do with it as much as Angle of Attack, swing speed, course conditions, and what area you want to focus on with adding or killing spin, like if you need extra spin for that 60 yard pitch or someone may be able to produce extra spin through strike or club choice. Basically I think you can have 8 golfers with generally the same handicap, but vastly different swings and needs.

Hope this thought makes some sense....

rymail00 2018 WITB [i][b] [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1605910-rymail00-2018-witb-pic-heavy/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...witb-pic-heavy/[/url][/b][/i]

[size=3]TM M1 430 8.5* Tour Issue w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70s (with high gloss SLDR finish from Continental Golf)
Titleist 917 F3 15* D+ 80s
Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s
Titleist AP2 718, 5-50* Steelfiber i95s
Scratch TD DW 54* 58* KBS HiRev
Odyssey Metal X Milled 330M (current gamer) [/size]
[size=3]Ping Scottsdale TR B60[/size]
[size=3]TP Mills Heritage 349g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan 006 355g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan Makers Proof #4/5 solid copper [/size]
[size=3]C&L CL1 368g[/size]
Scotty Cameron Newport Studio Style

Last night was the first day for my Monday golf league, and my ball of choice was the MTB black. I ordered the test pack so plan to test both balls and pick the one i like best. First let me say that i didn't know what to expect with my golf swing this early in the year. With that being said, I ended up hit the ball pretty well. Now for the review of the ball after 9 holes.

Weather was 68 and sunny with a slight breeze about 7 mph (perfect spring weather for Michigan)

Driver:

Just got a new driver (Cobra F8+ with Even flow), so still in the adjusting phase. When i put a good swing on the ball is did everything i wanted it to do, long and straight. I had 2 drives that i would say i hit the center of the club face and had good strikes and they went dead straight around 290-300. The flight was a nice medium trajectory and piercing flight, this is exactly how i like to see my drives when hit well. The fell of the ball of the driver face was also nice.

Irons (200 yards)

I only had a 1 shot in this range to the green, that i actually landed on the green and I was able to see how the ball reacted. I was about 205-210 away with a 5 iron and couldn't have hit it an better. Nice flight and trajectory. The ball landed about 8 feet from the hole and released about 5 feet for nice birdie putt. I was amazed the the ball held the green and very happy with the result. I did notice that with this ball i seem to get a couple extra yards than the ball i was using previously, but with better spin.

Approach (150 yards and in)

This is where i the i was really able to see how the ball performed. Every shot that i had within this range that hit the green would land and release about 3 feet or stopped right where they landed. This is the consistency that i like to see. It just did the same thing every time and i could trust the shot and distance the ball would go, which instills a confidence that you can just fire at every pin.

Putter

The ball felt very nice of the putter and made a pleasant sound off of my white ice #1. Distance control was good and was able to make some putts.

Overall I am very please with this ball after 9 holes. I plan on playing the ball again next Monday and comparing to what i witnessed yesterday. I plan on switching to the MTB red and see which one it like better for my game.

i think the choice between Black or Red rests on how good a golfer you are... myself being a mid handi, i need less spin off driver and longer irons, and as far as spin, would love some, but again i am a mid handi golfer , so dont spin the ball so much...with this sdaid, the Black benefits me more, even though it is the lesser of the two with spin.. the better golfers can lay claim to using the Red more so... just my thoughts...the black is my ball

The difference in driver spin between the red and black is about the same, the bigger difference is spin on much higher lofted clubs with Red offering more spin. I always thought they'd have to correlate completely, driver vs 9-iron, but launch angle makes a difference from what I've read (cover doesn't make much difference for a driver, like it does for a wedge) - for all ball makers. IOW, driver spin is probably not a reason to choose Red vs Black, trajectory and higher loft iron spin should be your first considerations?

FAQ: I am not sure which new model will fit me? How do I tell?

There is no perfect answer for this as every golfer has different characteristics of how they hit the ball and the way they approach the golf course. However, a couple key notes to help you differentiate:

• Both models will have similar driver spin rates and distances, but the MTB RED will feel a bit firmer off the Driver and longer shots.
  • The MTB RED is designed to have higher spin on short irons and approaches. This is the key difference in the models. If you feel you need MORE SPIN with these shots, MTB RED would be a good start.
  • MTB BLACK will have less spin than RED on the short irons and typically will fly a bit lower for a slightly more penetrating ball flight.
  • Both balls are high performance around the green. From 50 yards and in balls will perform and feel about the same.

I just wanted give my limited experience dealing with Snell Golf.

I recently ordered two dozen Reds and was very anxious to try these balls. When they finally arrived, I was surprise to see 2 dozen Blacks instead.

I sent an email to Snell and was quickly responded to. They are shipping me the 2 dozen Reds and letting me keep the Blacks at their expense since the made an error.

I haven’t even hit one of their balls, and I’m already a fan.

Great customer service is hard to come by these days!

Well done.

I recently ordered two dozen Reds and was very anxious to try these balls. When they finally arrived, I was surprise to see 2 dozen Blacks instead.

I sent an email to Snell and was quickly responded to. They are shipping me the 2 dozen Reds and letting me keep the Blacks at their expense since the made an error.

I haven't even hit one of their balls, and I'm already a fan.

Well done.

Then you owe everyone "Red vs Black" review.

I haven't even hit one of their balls, and I'm already a fan.

Well done.

Then you owe everyone "Red vs Black" review.

100% agree.

Dean Snell is awesome and their customer service.

Mizuno ST-Z 230 9.5 Diamana T+ 60s
Mizuno ST-Z 15* Diamana T+ 60s 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

Got my test pack over the weekend. Today was a perfect day, 80 and winds less than 5.

Put the Black in play for my first round. Unfortunately I had one of my worst ball-striking rounds in awhile. So obviously, the Black isn't worth a crap. Just kidding of course.

That being said, I didn't really see anything out of the ordinary. Ball flight, distance, and spin off the irons were fine and the ball spun and checked around the green. However, for me, it seemed that the distance off the driver was shorter than what I am usually. And I'm talking about when I hit it good. Maybe as much as 10 yards.

My wife, who is a high single handicap, hit the Red and when we compared notes she had a very similar report.

Certainly not going to make a final judgement on just one round especially considering that both of us had less than a stellar day and we will also switch balls. But first impression for both of us was pretty ho-hum.

Got my test pack over the weekend. Today was a perfect day, 80 and winds less than 5.

Put the Black in play for my first round. Unfortunately I had one of my worst ball-striking rounds in awhile. So obviously, the Black isn't worth a crap. Just kidding of course.

That being said, I didn't really see anything out of the ordinary. Ball flight, distance, and spin off the irons were fine and the ball spun and checked around the green. However, for me, it seemed that the distance off the driver was shorter than what I am usually. And I'm talking about when I hit it good. Maybe as much as 10 yards.

My wife, who is a high single handicap, hit the Red and when we compared notes she had a very similar report.

Certainly not going to make a final judgement on just one round especially considering that both of us had less than a stellar day and we will also switch balls. But first impression for both of us was pretty ho-hum.

Maybe try the GET SUM next

just out of curiosity, what is your normal gaming ball?

Wife and I both play the ProV1 x.

I have always hit the driver really high with lots of spin until getting the TM M1 with PX Hazardous Yellow 6.0 shaft, set at 8.5, so now I'm more "normal". That's why I tried the Snell Black first to see if I could get the spin down a little more.

The wife hits her driver, Titleist 917 set at 12.0, extremely low and that's why she tried the Snell Red first.

Neither one of saw what we thought we see with the driver but, like I said, we were both less than stellar ball-striking and we're going to try both balls multiple rounds before reaching any definitive conclusions.

Wife and I both play the ProV1 x.

I have always hit the driver really high with lots of spin until getting the TM M1 with PX Hazardous Yellow 6.0 shaft, set at 8.5, so now I'm more "normal". That's why I tried the Snell Black first to see if I could get the spin down a little more.

The wife hits her driver, Titleist 917 set at 12.0, extremely low and that's why she tried the Snell Red first.

Neither one of saw what we thought we see with the driver but, like I said, we were both less than stellar ball-striking and we're going to try both balls multiple rounds before reaching any definitive conclusions.

Thanks for the feedback

Hit the Black for a round on Sunday

G400 Max with Kuro Kage

MTB Black went forever

New gamer