Original Nike blades

Vala93

hey guy this is my first post I have just signed up.

I have just bought some original Nike blades, I'm an old school kind of guy I play Taylormade T300 forged irons now l. I'm only 24 so I don't really know anything about these clubs. So looking for some help.

They have no serial numbers, original Nike grips, the Nike stickers on the shaft and the shafts are true temper stiff shafts are these legit ?

hey guy this is my first post I have just signed up.

I have just bought some original Nike blades, I'm an old school kind of guy I play Taylormade T300 forged irons now l. I'm only 24 so I don't really know anything about these clubs. So looking for some help.

They have no serial numbers, original Nike grips, the Nike stickers on the shaft and the shafts are true temper stiff shafts are these legit ?

sound it - mine didn't have serials.

PING G430 LST / 9* (dialed to 10.5*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Dark Speed LS / 3w (dialed to 15.5*) / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

Cheers can't wait to hit some balls with them ! How do they feel ?

one of the softest feeling forgings that nike has used - probably ever. they're pure butter. jealous -- i'm on the lookout for a set in great condition myself.

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

Congrats on the purchase! Great move.

I just picked up a near mint set of original Nike blades a couple of weeks ago. The weather here in the Northeast has not cooperated enough to allow me to go out and play a round with them yet, but planning to do so in the near future.

As noted above, they are drop-dead-gorgeous! Nothing else even comes close. I currently own and have played Mizuno MP-5, PXG 0311T, Nike Vapor Pro and VR Pro irons. All blades or blade-like. All gorgeous looking and feeling, but these totally put them to shame - at least in the looks department!

Will report back on feel once I hit them on the range and course.

Yeah I'm in Manchester weather isn't great here either.

And I'm I love with the look they are beautiful. I was going to book the day of work and go to the range but my missus answered the door and I got "oh more golf clubs" so I think I better earn some money so next time I can book a delivery slot !

Grow some balls man and get out there! (im in Stockport).

My FW7 GPS trolley, new wedges and Cobra F8+ arrived the other day, Mrs didn't say a word .... ;)

Congrats on the purchase! Great move.

I just picked up a near mint set of original Nike blades a couple of weeks ago. The weather here in the Northeast has not cooperated enough to allow me to go out and play a round with them yet, but planning to do so in the near future.

As noted above, they are drop-dead-gorgeous! Nothing else even comes close. I currently own and have played Mizuno MP-5, PXG 0311T, Nike Vapor Pro and VR Pro irons. All blades or blade-like. All gorgeous looking and feeling, but these totally put them to shame - at least in the looks department!

Will report back on feel once I hit them on the range and course.

You got any pics ?

Mine are in decent condition just a bit of bag chatter, and paint missing of the ticks.

Yeah let me know how you get on with them

Yeah I'm in Manchester weather isn't great here either.

And I'm I love with the look they are beautiful. I was going to book the day of work and go to the range but my missus answered the door and I got "oh more golf clubs" so I think I better earn some money so next time I can book a delivery slot !

Grow some balls man and get out there! (im in Stockport).

My FW7 GPS trolley, new wedges and Cobra F8+ arrived the other day, Mrs didn't say a word .... ;)

Haha I know I've go boxes all over the house !!

How's the F8+ ??

The original Nike blades are high on the excellence scale IMHO. I don't own a set but I've hit them several times. I have thought about acquiring a set, but I'm pretty committed to my world of Golden Rams Tour Grinds with a single Mizuno sidelight, I don't really need a large rotation of clubs.

Side note of sorts: these Nikes have weak lofts, with a 49* PW and 29* 5 iron. Don't get discouraged if they are shorter than other irons. Don't think in terms of the number of the club you've hit, think in terms of the lofts of the club you've hit. Club numbers don't have any real meaning, they can be changed without affecting the shot in any way. :)

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, Rogue Black 75X -or- TM Stage 2 Tour 3w, NV105 X -or- TEE E8 Beta 12*, Rogue Silver 70X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S -or- TEE CBX 17*, HZRDUS 85 6.0

2 iron:  Arias D-23, Modus3 120 S; Mizuno MP-20 HMB, NS Pro 950 R

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S; testing: Arias D-23 5i w/Modus 120 S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3), Wilson Triad

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

The original Nike blades are high on the excellence scale IMHO. I don't own a set but I've hit them several times. I have thought about acquiring a set, but I'm pretty committed to my world of Golden Rams Tour Grinds with a single Mizuno sidelight, I don't really need a large rotation of clubs.

Side note of sorts: these Nikes have weak lofts, with a 49* PW and 29* 5 iron. Don't get discouraged if they are shorter than other irons. Don't think in terms of the number of the club you've hit, think in terms of the lofts of the club you've hit. Club numbers don't have any real meaning, they can be changed without affecting the shot in any way. :)

Yeah I heard the lofts are high.

I play Taylormade t300 irons now the pw is 48 degrees I've played these about 3 years and I don't really have any reason to change they are super soft when hit well. But the Nikes just look amazing

They're great. A fantastic set of irons with great feel, and as NRJyzr said, don't let the weak lofts put you off; in fact, embrace them! You can play 3i-PW, stick in 2 wedges (say a 54* and 58* or 60*) and still put a Driver and two fairway woods, or Driver, fairway wood and hybrid in there. Heck, you could even take out the 3i and give yourself another slot in the bag to play with.

Great pick up, enough to make up for having to live in Manchester :taunt:

I have pics of the VR pros and the Vapor Pros, but have not taken pics of the original blades yet. The ones I picked up are mint - all shiny, with no nicks or dings and all the paintwork still in great shape. Will post pics soon.

In the meantime...

They are clean ? You ever decide to sell let me know !!

Thanks. Still very much in love with them, but there is a chance that after hitting the original Nike blades, the Vapor Pros might need to find a new home. Hard to justify three Nike sets...

So might end up on BST. Will ping you beforehand, if you like.

They're great. A fantastic set of irons with great feel, and as NRJyzr said, don't let the weak lofts put you off; in fact, embrace them! You can play 3i-PW, stick in 2 wedges (say a 54* and 58* or 60*) and still put a Driver and two fairway woods, or Driver, fairway wood and hybrid in there. Heck, you could even take out the 3i and give yourself another slot in the bag to play with.

I was thinking the same thing I play a 54 and 58 now so they should fit in perfect. I'll play around till I find the right set up, I play at least 3 times a week so should get use to them pretty quick.

Ey Manchester isn't all that bad ??

I have pics of the VR pros and the Vapor Pros, but have not taken pics of the original blades yet. The ones I picked up are mint - all shiny, with no nicks or dings and all the paintwork still in great shape. Will post pics soon.

In the meantime...

Thanks. Still very much in love with them, but there is a chance that after hitting the original Nike blades, the Vapor Pros might need to find a new home. Hard to justify three Nike sets...

Yeah top one, what are the grips like on your set ?

I was thinking the same thing I play a 54 and 58 now so they should fit in perfect. I'll play around till I find the right set up, I play at least 3 times a week so should get use to them pretty quick.

Ey Manchester isn't all that bad

Wrong side of The Pennines...

Though you do have the Yang Sing.

In the meantime...

Yeah top one, what are the grips like on your set ?

The VR pros are not going anywhere! PM me if you would like to chat about the Vapor Pros.

In the meantime...

They are clean You ever decide to sell let me know !!

I have three sets of mizunos 33's 63's and 18's and a set of titleist 681Ts in my basement. lol

The 18s are in the bag. Its easy to justify extra sets of irons.

Was playing the OG Nike's for the past year and a half...but since NJSGA is enforcing the 2010 groove rule, I had to replace them. Such a shame too, as they are probably the softest and my favorite irons.

TaylorMade Stealth 2+ 8* - Tensei White Pro 70TX

Callaway Paradym TD 3 wood (14*) - Kai'Li White 80x (tipped extra 1/2")

Callaway UW 17* - Kai'Li White 90TX

Callaway Mavrik Pro 3 (20*) - Kai'Li White 100TX

Mizuno JPX 900 Tour 5-9 - KBS Tour V 125 S+

Titleist Vokey 46, 50, 55 & 60 - KBS 610

TaylorMade Spider S Platinum Single Bend - KBS CT Tour Matte Black shaft

Was playing the OG Nike's for the past year and a half...but since NJSGA is enforcing the 2010 groove rule, I had to replace them. Such a shame too, as they are probably the softest and my favorite irons.
This. This is why I haven't bought a (nother) set of them.

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

In the meantime...

They are clean �� You ever decide to sell let me know !!

I have three sets of mizunos 33's 63's and 18's and a set of titleist 681Ts in my basement. lol

The 18s are in the bag. Its easy to justify extra sets of irons.

Too right I'll keep going till I've got not room. I've been looking at some 33s what they like ?

I just got a set a few weeks ago in rougher shape. I'm planning on sending them to the iron factory for a rechrome and regroove. I can't wait.

Nice one ! You hit them yet ?

Post some pics when they have been refinished

I had a set when they first came out but sold them years ago. I haven’t hit the new set and prob won’t until they are refinished.