FlightScope mevo

FlightScope Mevo

The FlightScope mevo is a personal launch monitor that uses 3D Doppler radar and provides 8 data parameters for golf and 5 data parameters for baseball:

Golf: Carry distance, spin rate, launch angle, club head speed, ball speed, smash factor, height, and time

Baseball: pitch speed, pitch spin, launch angle, carry distance, exit speed

You can also use the mevo for capturing live action video clips on your phone that include data on top of the video!

Visit our website below for more information or ask us here! Use promo code GolfWRX on our website for $50 off!

https://flightscopemevo.com/

Really love my Mevo! These guys make great stuff and their support is top notch! Thanks to the mevo, I was able to dial in my gapping of clubs and find the best shaft for my driver and fairway woods.

Option 1
Ping G400 LST 8.5 Tour-X
Callaway Big Bertha 816 Alpha 16 AD-DI 8x black
Nike VR Pro 3 hybrid project x 6.0
Adams XTD Forged 4-PW Fujikura MCI 120S
Adams MB2 GW
Callaway Mac Daddy Forged 60
Toulon Garage Atlanta Black Pearl
Ping 4 Series Tour Edition White/ Bridgestone 2014 Tour Bag

Option 2
Taylormade 2016 M1 10.5 Whiteboard Flowerband 7x
16 Taylormade M1 5 wood AD-TP 7s
Ping Anser 20 stock stiff
Taylormade 2016 M2 Tour XP105 stiff
Cleveland RTX 2.0 52 deg raw
Titleist Vokey Prototype 58 T Grind
Carbon Ringo Raw Whisky

[url="http://www.gamegolf.com/player/pierso2"]http://www.gamegolf.com/player/pierso2[/url]

What changes might we see to a 2nd generation mevo? Perhaps the addition of horizontal launch angle and spin axis?

We do not have any immediate plans for a 2nd generation mevo but would love to hear your thoughts, recommendations, ideas, etc.

I really like the mevo I had but I'm sure I can speak for most users that having horizontal launch and spin axis would be an absolute game changer.

i really want one of these. i also want a new driver....... haha.

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

The FlightScope mevo is a personal launch monitor that uses 3D Doppler radar and provides 8 data parameters for golf and 5 data parameters for baseball:

Golf: Carry distance, spin rate, launch angle, club head speed, ball speed, smash factor, height, and time

You can also use the mevo for capturing live action video clips on your phone that include data on top of the video!

Visit our website below for more information or ask us here! Use promo code GolfWRX on our website for $50 off!

I strongly want to consider this product but it's difficult to wrap my head around something...

How can a product like Mevo that costs a fraction of flightscope be reliable for the data common to both systems?? And if it is, do you mean to tell me a consumer should be willing to pay the difference between the two products (which I believe is something like $6K) for the data flightscope provides and Mevo doesn't?? The gap seems too large...

I have a mevo and love it. It would be nice to have an add on accessory like a laser to help line it up, I'm not a fan of having to get down on the ground and line it up, it is also tricky to use when hitting off of grass because depending on the divots you take the area you put the ball moves, a laser sight would make it quicker and easier.

I am also interested in how to use this for pitching (baseball), I couldn't really find anything on how to setup for pitching.

Nm I found it I think.

I've had one for about 10 months, and it's quite good. Only issue is CHS with drivers, it gets confused with weirdly-shaped drivers (esp M1/M3 with those tracks at the bottom). Ball speed is always bang on, which for me is the most important thing.

Biggest thing missing is better software: gamified practice modes, challenges, etc. Add that and you get a really compelling product at the price point.

What changes might we see to a 2nd generation mevo? Perhaps the addition of horizontal launch angle and spin axis?

We do not have any immediate plans for a 2nd generation mevo but would love to hear your thoughts, recommendations, ideas, etc.

I really like the mevo I had but I'm sure I can speak for most users that having horizontal launch and spin axis would be an absolute game changer.

Absolutely agree with this. If flightscope could create this and keep around the same price point, they would own the market.

Driver- PING G400 VC 6.1 X
5 wood- Bridgestone J33 VS Proto
3-PW JPX 900 Tour SPR X
52,56,60 Ping Glide
Putter - Scotty Cameron TEi3 Newport

I have a mevo and love it. It would be nice to have an add on accessory like a laser to help line it up, I'm not a fan of having to get down on the ground and line it up, it is also tricky to use when hitting off of grass because depending on the divots you take the area you put the ball moves, a laser sight would make it quicker and easier.

I am also interested in how to use this for pitching (baseball), I couldn't really find anything on how to setup for pitching.

Nm I found it I think.

Thank you for the suggestion. That is a very good idea and we are going to look into it.

I strongly want to consider this product but it's difficult to wrap my head around something...

How can a product like Mevo that costs a fraction of flightscope be reliable for the data common to both systems?? And if it is, do you mean to tell me a consumer should be willing to pay the difference between the two products (which I believe is something like $6K) for the data flightscope provides and Mevo doesn't?? The gap seems too large...

Our higher end models range from $5,000 - $15,000 and include a considerable number of additional data parameters, features, games, etc. Some of these include: full ball trajectory, groupings, speed & acceleration profiles, 2D & 3D club analysis screens, short game data, skills competitions, etc.

Those are many of the reasons for the higher price tag and different market segment (instructors, fitters, and golf clubs for the most part).

For the price point and features you get, mevo is very accurate and data/ features that no one else in the market provides.

Let us know if you have any additional questions on this!

In my view, if I have understood correctly, having use sticky silver dots on the golf balls makes it not particle for use outside as shown in the adverts

We have discovered that the stickers are only needed indoors.

Very big fan of my Mevo, I've had it for several months now and it has helped with yardage gapping, dialing in my wedges, and has been helpful in numerous other scenarios. Very glad to hear the debate has been settled that you only need the silver dots indoors. I've never used them outdoors and didn't notice any negative impact in not using them.

In the short term for the current Mevo, I would like to see practice games added to use during range time to make it more interesting. I also believe the UI on the app could be a bit smoother, and user friendly. Also, for any updates (Firmware or App Software) a detailed breakdown of what is being changed/enhanced would be interesting for most of us. I do miss the ability to manually overwrite Firmware if it is having issues.

Longer Term, in a next model if need be, I echo the sentiments above in that the ability to register horizontal launch and spin data would be great.

Another (now) very happy MEVO user here - I got mine in October '17 and use it exclusively on my local driving range - Sadly the range is "mats only" so I don't have any of the issues mentioned about using it on grass - In terms of wish lists, I also would like some short game features and / or some sort of putting mode? - My only negative comment would be that I bought it originally to use with an Android phone & was on the point of returning MEVO due to poor performance with my Samsung phone - I decided to try MEVO with an iPhone & the difference was like night & day - Since switching to iPhone I have had very little in the way of problems

Keep up the good work

Paul

TaylorMade P770 5-PW c/w Shimada Tour Lite Stiff 
Mizuno MP-T22 49* 54* 58* 
TaylorMade Stealth 2+ 10.5* Driver c/w MRC Fujikura Ventus Velocore TR 60s
PXG 3 5 7 Woods 
PXG Closer Putter

Will there be an update to the Mevo App for Android like there was with the Iphone? I have been really enjoying the Mevo but recently got a new phone Samsung S9 and now many having issues with it crashing, asking for passwords, missing shots as well trouble using the application after the fact on the home screen without going to the flightscope webpage.

I was using it prior with a Blackberry Priv also an android and it worked flawlessly?

I'm a longtime lurker on Golfwrx... So hopefully I'm doing this right.

How can I calculate angle of descent/land angle using the data points MEVO provides?

I've been using the MEVO for several months now. Love it! Use it for gap testing and DIY fitting, etc.

I'm exporting into an excel spreadsheet and need angle of descent/land angle formula if possible to assist me fine tuning my irons. I'm a liberal arts major! haha.

Please advise or point me in the right direction. Appreciate your help.

I’ve tried using mine a couple of times now, and it doesn’t seem to work very well. The “connected” icon in the app shows that my phone and the mevo connected, but after one swing, the connected icon in the app turns yellow and I can’t get it to register anymore shots.

Does anyone know what might be going on?

I've tried using mine a couple of times now, and it doesn't seem to work very well. The "connected" icon in the app shows that my phone and the mevo connected, but after one swing, the connected icon in the app turns yellow and I can't get it to register anymore shots.

Does anyone know what might be going on?

i would recommended hitting the report feedback button in the app next time this happens. this will send the logs to Flightscope and they should be able to help you with your issue. Off the top of my head I'm not sure what could be causing this. I know the last few updates had been directed at improving/addressing connectivity.

I suppose I could spend an hour reading past threads, but maybe someone here can help out.

So it provides

Carry distance, spin rate, launch angle, club head speed, ball speed, smash factor, height, and time

Are any of these calculated rather than measured?:

Spin

Launch angle

CH speed

Ball speed

Thanks!

M4 Driver
4, 7, 9 woods

5, 6 Adams hybrids
7-GW Maltby irons
54 & 58º Wedges
LAB Mezz.1 box stock

I suppose I could spend an hour reading past threads, but maybe someone here can help out.

So it provides

Carry distance, spin rate, launch angle, club head speed, ball speed, smash factor, height, and time

Are any of these calculated rather than measured?:

Spin

Launch angle

CH speed

Ball speed

Thanks!

Height carry distance & time are calculated not measured. It only looks at launch off the face, not in flight. For that you need real Trackman or Flightscope. Not a $500 pocket radar

Epic Speed 9* (VeloCore Blue 6S))

SIM2 Ti 15* (Tour AD BB 6SR)

Apex UW 17* (stock HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 5.5)

0311XP Gen3 4-PW (Accra 90i S)

RTX ZipCore 52* Mid (DG Tour Issue)

SM9 58-10S (DG)

HiToe 64* (HiRev 2.0)
Eleven CS

Any urethane “X” ball