GIVEAWAY: Odyssey Stroke Lab Rossie Putter - ENTER HERE, Vokey SM8 52* Wedge - ENTER HERE

#TheWRX: The EPIC Event at Callaway Golf. 8 Members are treated to TheWRX

19899100101102104»
104

Comments

  • misplacedtexan83misplacedtexan83 Members  15784WRX Points: 782Posts: 15,784 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  edited Apr 28, 2018 #3092
    Sean2 wrote:
    <br />
    <br />
    Sean2 wrote:
    <br />
    Well, I guess I get to eat my words. lol<br />
    <br />
    After my round today...the temperature almost hit 70 AND the sun was shining, remarkable...I went to check out the demo day our club was having. I figured I would give the Rogue a shot. As I have said in the past, I am not interested in purchasing anything unless it has a real WOW! factor.<br />
    <br />
    I wasn't expecting much. I have read some reviews as well as what some folks have had to say about the Rogue versus the Epic, and based on that I just didn't think there would be much difference. I was wrong.<br />
    <br />
    Launch angle, spin rate, smash factor, etc., were all better with the Rogue. I was also carrying it 22 yards longer than with the Epic (now, that ain't saying much since I don't hit it all that far to begin with). I also like the shaft...an Aldila Synergy...which I had never heard of before. The sound and feel were substantially different as too.<br />
    <br />
    Regarding the extra yardage, I am wondering if there is a small hairline crack in my Epic that I can't see. My swing/ball speed were close. The big difference was smash factor which went from 1.45 to 1.52...though I though SF only went to 1.50.<br />
    <br />
    In any case, I was hitting it higher, farther, and straighter. I ordered the Rogue Draw, 13.5º, set to -1/N, with the Aldila Synergy shaft in regular flex.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Sean..<br />
    <br />
    Awesome to hear man!<br />
    <br />
    I have have a few epic vs rogue battles this demo season. Rogue has won most of them.<br />
    <br />
    Did you try the rogue woods or hybrids?<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Thanks Tex!<br />
    <br />
    No, I didn't. The demo day fitter highly praised the Rogue fairway woods, but I am quite happy with my Epic woods. The reason I demo'd the Rogue was I was hitting the Epic too low and it seemed to have lost some of its feel. The woods are fine.<br />
    <br />
    As to the hybrids, I have the Steelhead XR 5, and I am happy with that as well.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Same technology that made the Epic so good in those little buggers.. However, can't blame you for not trying. Too many times we all chase the newer product when our "gamers" our is working just fine.<br />
    <br />
    If ever get curious I would definitely hit the new Rogue woods/hybrids might surprise you or not--but you don't know unless you hit them.<br />
    <br />
    So cool to see the same stuff in your bag from last year fitting!-- How you know you were fitted by world class fitters.
    Posted:
    Callaway Mavrik SZ *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
    Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
    Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
    Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
    Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
    protos F4

    Tyson Lamb Customed Allendale
    #lookatthebaby #teamcallaway
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • Sean2Sean2 Members  32920WRX Points: 3,499Posts: 32,920 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #3093
    <br />
    Sean2 wrote:
    <br />
    <br />
    Sean2 wrote:
    <br />
    Well, I guess I get to eat my words. lol<br />
    <br />
    After my round today...the temperature almost hit 70 AND the sun was shining, remarkable...I went to check out the demo day our club was having. I figured I would give the Rogue a shot. As I have said in the past, I am not interested in purchasing anything unless it has a real WOW! factor.<br />
    <br />
    I wasn't expecting much. I have read some reviews as well as what some folks have had to say about the Rogue versus the Epic, and based on that I just didn't think there would be much difference. I was wrong.<br />
    <br />
    Launch angle, spin rate, smash factor, etc., were all better with the Rogue. I was also carrying it 22 yards longer than with the Epic (now, that ain't saying much since I don't hit it all that far to begin with). I also like the shaft...an Aldila Synergy...which I had never heard of before. The sound and feel were substantially different as too.<br />
    <br />
    Regarding the extra yardage, I am wondering if there is a small hairline crack in my Epic that I can't see. My swing/ball speed were close. The big difference was smash factor which went from 1.45 to 1.52...though I though SF only went to 1.50.<br />
    <br />
    In any case, I was hitting it higher, farther, and straighter. I ordered the Rogue Draw, 13.5º, set to -1/N, with the Aldila Synergy shaft in regular flex.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Sean..<br />
    <br />
    Awesome to hear man!<br />
    <br />
    I have have a few epic vs rogue battles this demo season. Rogue has won most of them.<br />
    <br />
    Did you try the rogue woods or hybrids?<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Thanks Tex!<br />
    <br />
    No, I didn't. The demo day fitter highly praised the Rogue fairway woods, but I am quite happy with my Epic woods. The reason I demo'd the Rogue was I was hitting the Epic too low and it seemed to have lost some of its feel. The woods are fine.<br />
    <br />
    As to the hybrids, I have the Steelhead XR 5, and I am happy with that as well.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Same technology that made the Epic so good in those little buggers.. However, can't blame you for not trying. Too many times we all chase the newer product when our "gamers" our is working just fine.<br />
    <br />
    If ever get curious I would definitely hit the new Rogue woods/hybrids might surprise you or not--but you don't know unless you hit them.<br />
    <br />
    So cool to see the same stuff in your bag from last year fitting!-- How you know you were fitted by world class fitters.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Frankly, I am afraid to make any changes for that very reason. The only reason I wanted to try the Rogue was I wasn't happy with the ball flight of the Epic. It was getting too low...and I wanted to see if I was leaving anything on the table because of that. It turns out I was. lol
    Posted:

    Treat yourself as if you were someone you are responsible for helping. Jordan Peterson

    Too much sanity may be madness and the maddest thing of all is to see life as it is, and not as it should be. Cervantes

    In golf, the human mind has much higher capabilities to screw things up than the physics has to make things better. Unknown

     

  • mackepamackepa #TheWRX Members  3764WRX Points: 304Posts: 3,764 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #3094
    I’ve been a major ho this year as well and I need to slow down. I love all my Callaway clubs but I ended up falling in love with a PING G400 fairway wood. Fairway woods are the one club in my bag that kind of scare me. I’ve lost a little confidence in my ability to hit them reliably straight and high enough off the deck. I’ve always felt that PING makes super easy fairways. I also reordered another set of X Forged and sold my Apex MB’s. I made a little career change that’s impacting my practice time and I need a bit more help in the irons.
    Posted:
    #TheWRX 12/11/16
    Epic Flash SZ 9* AD IZ 6
    Epic Flash SZ 15* AD IZ 8
    Epic Flash TC 18.5* Kai Li 80
    X Forged Utility 22* $-Taper
    Apex Pro 5-P - $-Taper
    MD4 Raw 52s - $-Taper
    MD5 Jaws Raw 56s, 60x - $-Taper
    Toulon Las Vegas KBS 120


  • Hot Rod 71Hot Rod 71 #TheWRX ClubWRX, BST Volunteer Mods  8988WRX Points: 333Handicap: lowPosts: 8,988 ClubWRX
    Joined:  #3095
    I've gone back and forth with the Epic driver and Epic SZ fairway and TM 2017 M1 and 2016 M2 HL. I'm not sure what's up, but the Epic has become erratic over the past few months, which has spurred some hoing. <br />
    <br />
    I did pick up the standard Rogue driver, which has been pretty good; it hangs in there against the M1. The 2018 X-Forged have been great so far. I tried to mix them with the new Apex MB but found I prefer the XF in the short irons.<br />
    <br />
    I just got these today....<br />
    <br />
    Posted:

    PING G400 LST 10* - Graphite Design Tour AD TP 6X
    Callaway Mavrik 15* - Diamana D+ Limited 70X
    Callaway Apex 19* - Diamana S+ 80X
    PXG 0311T 4-P - DGTI AMT S400
    Titleist SM7 50, 56, 60 - DGTI S400
    Odyssey Black WHP #1
    Titleist Pro-V1 Yellow
  • mackepamackepa #TheWRX Members  3764WRX Points: 304Posts: 3,764 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #3096
    Hot Rod 71 wrote:
    <br />
    I've gone back and forth with the Epic driver and Epic SZ fairway and TM 2017 M1 and 2016 M2 HL. I'm not sure what's up, but the Epic has become erratic over the past few months, which has spurred some hoing. <br />
    <br />
    I did pick up the standard Rogue driver, which has been pretty good; it hangs in there against the M1. The 2018 X-Forged have been great so far. I tried to mix them with the new Apex MB but found I prefer the XF in the short irons.<br />
    <br />
    I just got these today....<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Those raw MD4 wedges are awesome. I forgot that I ordered those too. I’m a mess.
    Posted:
    #TheWRX 12/11/16
    Epic Flash SZ 9* AD IZ 6
    Epic Flash SZ 15* AD IZ 8
    Epic Flash TC 18.5* Kai Li 80
    X Forged Utility 22* $-Taper
    Apex Pro 5-P - $-Taper
    MD4 Raw 52s - $-Taper
    MD5 Jaws Raw 56s, 60x - $-Taper
    Toulon Las Vegas KBS 120


  • MtlJeffMtlJeff MontrealMembers  29935WRX Points: 2,925Handicap: 0.0Posts: 29,935 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #3097
    LOL, we had talked about changes to the bag, and i had made a couple..... and then today I went to the LM with the bag I was fit for in Carlsbad and smoked a 262yd shot with my 20 degree hybrid. I guess i'll have to put that back in the bag. <br />
    <br />
    Will probably keep the G as my driver though just because i'll need the forgiveness. <br />
    <br />
    I have a 5-day old daughter now. So that is kinda taking priority here!
    Posted:
    Callaway Mavrik Max 9 w/Hzrdus Smoke Black 80
    Callaway Epic Subzero 14 w/ Matrix Black Tie 80
    Ping G400 Crossover 20 w/ KBS Tour Prototype 85
    Ping G410 4-SW w/S300
    Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 60 w/S300
    Odyssey Oworks Red Tank #7
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • Sean2Sean2 Members  32920WRX Points: 3,499Posts: 32,920 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #3098
    MtlJeff wrote:
    <br />
    LOL, we had talked about changes to the bag, and i had made a couple..... and then today I went to the LM with the bag I was fit for in Carlsbad and smoked a 262yd shot with my 20 degree hybrid. I guess i'll have to put that back in the bag.<br />
    <br />
    Will probably keep the G as my driver though just because i'll need the forgiveness.<br />
    <br />
    I have a 5-day old daughter now. So that is kinda taking priority here!<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Congratulations Jeff! Before you know she will have you wrapped around her little finger. lol
    Posted:

    Treat yourself as if you were someone you are responsible for helping. Jordan Peterson

    Too much sanity may be madness and the maddest thing of all is to see life as it is, and not as it should be. Cervantes

    In golf, the human mind has much higher capabilities to screw things up than the physics has to make things better. Unknown

     

  • MtlJeffMtlJeff MontrealMembers  29935WRX Points: 2,925Handicap: 0.0Posts: 29,935 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #3099
    Sean2 wrote:
    <br />
    MtlJeff wrote:
    <br />
    LOL, we had talked about changes to the bag, and i had made a couple..... and then today I went to the LM with the bag I was fit for in Carlsbad and smoked a 262yd shot with my 20 degree hybrid. I guess i'll have to put that back in the bag.<br />
    <br />
    Will probably keep the G as my driver though just because i'll need the forgiveness.<br />
    <br />
    I have a 5-day old daughter now. So that is kinda taking priority here!<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Congratulations Jeff! Before you know she will have you wrapped around her little finger. lol<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Pretty sure she already does<br />
    <br />
    Hopefully we'll get to play golf together one day!
    Posted:
    Callaway Mavrik Max 9 w/Hzrdus Smoke Black 80
    Callaway Epic Subzero 14 w/ Matrix Black Tie 80
    Ping G400 Crossover 20 w/ KBS Tour Prototype 85
    Ping G410 4-SW w/S300
    Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 60 w/S300
    Odyssey Oworks Red Tank #7
  • mackepamackepa #TheWRX Members  3764WRX Points: 304Posts: 3,764 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #3100
    Jeff that is awesome. I’m real excited for you. Playing golf with my dad is one of my greatest joys and stress relievers in life. I hope you get to share that with your new daughter!
    Posted:
    #TheWRX 12/11/16
    Epic Flash SZ 9* AD IZ 6
    Epic Flash SZ 15* AD IZ 8
    Epic Flash TC 18.5* Kai Li 80
    X Forged Utility 22* $-Taper
    Apex Pro 5-P - $-Taper
    MD4 Raw 52s - $-Taper
    MD5 Jaws Raw 56s, 60x - $-Taper
    Toulon Las Vegas KBS 120


  • Hot Rod 71Hot Rod 71 #TheWRX ClubWRX, BST Volunteer Mods  8988WRX Points: 333Handicap: lowPosts: 8,988 ClubWRX
    Joined:  #3101
    Congrats to you and your wife, Jeff!
    Posted:

    PING G400 LST 10* - Graphite Design Tour AD TP 6X
    Callaway Mavrik 15* - Diamana D+ Limited 70X
    Callaway Apex 19* - Diamana S+ 80X
    PXG 0311T 4-P - DGTI AMT S400
    Titleist SM7 50, 56, 60 - DGTI S400
    Odyssey Black WHP #1
    Titleist Pro-V1 Yellow
  • gregh729gregh729 #TheWRX 2016 Members  3230WRX Points: 848Posts: 3,230 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #3102
    MtlJeff wrote:
    <br />
    LOL, we had talked about changes to the bag, and i had made a couple..... and then today I went to the LM with the bag I was fit for in Carlsbad and smoked a 262yd shot with my 20 degree hybrid. I guess i'll have to put that back in the bag.<br />
    <br />
    Will probably keep the G as my driver though just because i'll need the forgiveness.<br />
    <br />
    I have a 5-day old daughter now. So that is kinda taking priority here!<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Congratulations! I've been checking the thread for baby news, that's awesome! It is the most incredible thing in the world!
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • braincramp52braincramp52 Freeport, IllinoisMembers  6624WRX Points: 1,919Handicap: 8Posts: 6,624 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #3103
    Haven't checked this thread out for a long time. Congratulations Jeff!! That's awesome.
    Posted:
    Titleist TS2
    Titleist 917 F2 3 wood
    Titleist 818 H2 19 Hybrid
    Titleist 818 H2 23 Hybrid
    Wilson Staff MB's 6-PW
    Ping Glide 3.0 50*
    TM ATV grind 56
    Bettenardi Studio Stock #3 F.I.T.
    Snell MTB 


    Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right
  • QManyQMany #TheWRX ClubWRX  9191WRX Points: 304Handicap: +2.5Posts: 9,191 ClubWRX
    Joined:  #3104
    Congratulations, Jeff!
    Posted:
    Currently in #TheWRX...

    Taylormade M3 460 (9.5°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
    Taylormade SLDR Mini (14°) Matrix White Tie 70X
    Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
    Callaway Apex Pro (4i-PW) DG X100 TI
    Ping Glide 2.0 (50° & 54°) DG S400 TI
    Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
    Odyssey O Works R-Line
    Taylormade TP5X

    QMany's Swing/Sticks / Instagram
  • MtlJeffMtlJeff MontrealMembers  29935WRX Points: 2,925Handicap: 0.0Posts: 29,935 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #3105
    Thanks guys, tomorrow is her 7th day so one week!<br />
    <br />
    She's mostly been a fantastic baby so far. So we are knocking on wood that this continues LOL. Only one scary moment where she cried for hours and we figured out we weren't feeding her enough, so after the hospital suggested that we up her food, we basically fed her like she was part of our late night IN and OUT runs. Then all was good<br />
    <br />
    Today i got to play 9 holes and my wife took her out for a walk
    Posted:
    Callaway Mavrik Max 9 w/Hzrdus Smoke Black 80
    Callaway Epic Subzero 14 w/ Matrix Black Tie 80
    Ping G400 Crossover 20 w/ KBS Tour Prototype 85
    Ping G410 4-SW w/S300
    Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 60 w/S300
    Odyssey Oworks Red Tank #7
  • south_side_leftysouth_side_lefty Members  1127WRX Points: 140Posts: 1,127 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #3106
    MtlJeff wrote:
    <br />
    Thanks guys, tomorrow is her 7th day so one week!<br />
    <br />
    She's mostly been a fantastic baby so far. So we are knocking on wood that this continues LOL. Only one scary moment where she cried for hours and we figured out we weren't feeding her enough, so after the hospital suggested that we up her food, we basically fed her like she was part of our late night IN and OUT runs. Then all was good<br />
    <br />
    Today i got to play 9 holes and my wife took her out for a walk<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Congratulations, Jeff. Great news.<br />
    <br />
    And to think, she's already walking at 7 days. They do grow up fast... <img src='http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    Posted:
  • BrizamBrizam Junkie ClubWRX  1003WRX Points: 152Posts: 1,003 ClubWRX
    Joined:  edited May 7, 2018 #3107
    MtlJeff wrote:
    <br />
    LOL, we had talked about changes to the bag, and i had made a couple..... and then today I went to the LM with the bag I was fit for in Carlsbad and smoked a 262yd shot with my 20 degree hybrid. I guess i'll have to put that back in the bag.<br />
    <br />
    Will probably keep the G as my driver though just because i'll need the forgiveness.<br />
    <br />
    I have a 5-day old daughter now. So that is kinda taking priority here!<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Congrats bro. Welcome to the dad club..... up next Dad Bod
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • MtlJeffMtlJeff MontrealMembers  29935WRX Points: 2,925Handicap: 0.0Posts: 29,935 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #3108
    5 birdie 72 today my second round of the year. I am determined not to let kids ruin my golf game LOL<br />
    <br />
    ^^^^ You are right though about dad bod. I haven't been to the gym since she was born. I try to do push ups and stuff at home. Its hard though. I'm tired these days obviously and every time I have free time at home there's baby laundry or bottles to clean
    Posted:
    Callaway Mavrik Max 9 w/Hzrdus Smoke Black 80
    Callaway Epic Subzero 14 w/ Matrix Black Tie 80
    Ping G400 Crossover 20 w/ KBS Tour Prototype 85
    Ping G410 4-SW w/S300
    Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 60 w/S300
    Odyssey Oworks Red Tank #7
  • ZAPZAP ClubWRX  1720WRX Points: 256Handicap: 4Posts: 1,720 ClubWRX
    Joined:  #3109
    Welcome to the club. I joined 20 years ago and it seems like the blink of an eye. Enjoy every bit of it.
    Posted:
  • mackepamackepa #TheWRX Members  3764WRX Points: 304Posts: 3,764 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #3110
    Posted:
    #TheWRX 12/11/16
    Epic Flash SZ 9* AD IZ 6
    Epic Flash SZ 15* AD IZ 8
    Epic Flash TC 18.5* Kai Li 80
    X Forged Utility 22* $-Taper
    Apex Pro 5-P - $-Taper
    MD4 Raw 52s - $-Taper
    MD5 Jaws Raw 56s, 60x - $-Taper
    Toulon Las Vegas KBS 120


  • MtlJeffMtlJeff MontrealMembers  29935WRX Points: 2,925Handicap: 0.0Posts: 29,935 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #3111
    Those irons are ****!<br />
    <br />
    We had our Callaway demo day yesterday. Hit the Rogue SZ and the Rogue Pro irons. <br />
    <br />
    I like the feel of the Rogue driver better than the Epic but my numbers were the exact same. I like the Rogue Pro irons too, they are very good for a cast players club and really put a thump on the ball
    Posted:
    Callaway Mavrik Max 9 w/Hzrdus Smoke Black 80
    Callaway Epic Subzero 14 w/ Matrix Black Tie 80
    Ping G400 Crossover 20 w/ KBS Tour Prototype 85
    Ping G410 4-SW w/S300
    Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 60 w/S300
    Odyssey Oworks Red Tank #7
  • gregh729gregh729 #TheWRX 2016 Members  3230WRX Points: 848Posts: 3,230 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #3112
    My putting has gone into the crapper, which is normal for me. I was searching through the putter threads. Rod, that garage Toulon is SICK! I am going to dig through the sofa cushions to find some cash. YOWZA!
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • Sean2Sean2 Members  32920WRX Points: 3,499Posts: 32,920 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #3113
    Well, I now have 300+ rounds with these clubs and have yet to change the grips...they are still nice and tacky. <img src='http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/hi.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':hi:' />
    Posted:

    Treat yourself as if you were someone you are responsible for helping. Jordan Peterson

    Too much sanity may be madness and the maddest thing of all is to see life as it is, and not as it should be. Cervantes

    In golf, the human mind has much higher capabilities to screw things up than the physics has to make things better. Unknown

     

  • MtlJeffMtlJeff MontrealMembers  29935WRX Points: 2,925Handicap: 0.0Posts: 29,935 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #3114
    First father's day for me.....bought myself a Odyssey Red Tank with the Microhinge. Sales guy was telling about the microhinge and i was like "Look you jabroni, i knew about microhinge while you were still in diapers"<br />
    <br />
    My game sucks. The lack of practice and range time is hurting me. My last 4 rounds 78-78-80-80. <br />
    <br />
    But at least i'm getting out there. And my daughter is 12lbs now and eating us out of house and home. <br />
    <br />
    As i write this she is waking up and yelling at me for more food
    Posted:
    Callaway Mavrik Max 9 w/Hzrdus Smoke Black 80
    Callaway Epic Subzero 14 w/ Matrix Black Tie 80
    Ping G400 Crossover 20 w/ KBS Tour Prototype 85
    Ping G410 4-SW w/S300
    Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 60 w/S300
    Odyssey Oworks Red Tank #7
  • gregh729gregh729 #TheWRX 2016 Members  3230WRX Points: 848Posts: 3,230 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #3115
    Awesome! Glad she is doing great, nothing better. I'd love your crappy game right now
    Posted:
104
This discussion has been closed.