#TheWRX: The EPIC Event at Callaway Golf. 8 Members are treated to TheWRX

Well, I guess I get to eat my words. lol

After my round today...the temperature almost hit 70 AND the sun was shining, remarkable...I went to check out the demo day our club was having. I figured I would give the Rogue a shot. As I have said in the past, I am not interested in purchasing anything unless it has a real WOW! factor.

I wasn't expecting much. I have read some reviews as well as what some folks have had to say about the Rogue versus the Epic, and based on that I just didn't think there would be much difference. I was wrong.

Launch angle, spin rate, smash factor, etc., were all better with the Rogue. I was also carrying it 22 yards longer than with the Epic (now, that ain't saying much since I don't hit it all that far to begin with). I also like the shaft...an Aldila Synergy...which I had never heard of before. The sound and feel were substantially different as too.

Regarding the extra yardage, I am wondering if there is a small hairline crack in my Epic that I can't see. My swing/ball speed were close. The big difference was smash factor which went from 1.45 to 1.52...though I though SF only went to 1.50.

In any case, I was hitting it higher, farther, and straighter. I ordered the Rogue Draw, 13.5º, set to -1/N, with the Aldila Synergy shaft in regular flex.

Sean..

Awesome to hear man!

I have have a few epic vs rogue battles this demo season. Rogue has won most of them.

Did you try the rogue woods or hybrids?

Thanks Tex!

No, I didn't. The demo day fitter highly praised the Rogue fairway woods, but I am quite happy with my Epic woods. The reason I demo'd the Rogue was I was hitting the Epic too low and it seemed to have lost some of its feel. The woods are fine.

As to the hybrids, I have the Steelhead XR 5, and I am happy with that as well.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After my round today...the temperature almost hit 70 AND the sun was shining, remarkable...I went to check out the demo day our club was having. I figured I would give the Rogue a shot. As I have said in the past, I am not interested in purchasing anything unless it has a real WOW! factor.

I wasn't expecting much. I have read some reviews as well as what some folks have had to say about the Rogue versus the Epic, and based on that I just didn't think there would be much difference. I was wrong.

Launch angle, spin rate, smash factor, etc., were all better with the Rogue. I was also carrying it 22 yards longer than with the Epic (now, that ain't saying much since I don't hit it all that far to begin with). I also like the shaft...an Aldila Synergy...which I had never heard of before. The sound and feel were substantially different as too.

Regarding the extra yardage, I am wondering if there is a small hairline crack in my Epic that I can't see. My swing/ball speed were close. The big difference was smash factor which went from 1.45 to 1.52...though I though SF only went to 1.50.

In any case, I was hitting it higher, farther, and straighter. I ordered the Rogue Draw, 13.5º, set to -1/N, with the Aldila Synergy shaft in regular flex.

Sean..

Awesome to hear man!

I have have a few epic vs rogue battles this demo season. Rogue has won most of them.

Thanks Tex!

No, I didn't. The demo day fitter highly praised the Rogue fairway woods, but I am quite happy with my Epic woods. The reason I demo'd the Rogue was I was hitting the Epic too low and it seemed to have lost some of its feel. The woods are fine.

Same technology that made the Epic so good in those little buggers.. However, can't blame you for not trying. Too many times we all chase the newer product when our "gamers" our is working just fine.

If ever get curious I would definitely hit the new Rogue woods/hybrids might surprise you or not--but you don't know unless you hit them.

So cool to see the same stuff in your bag from last year fitting!-- How you know you were fitted by world class fitters.

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

Sean..

Awesome to hear man!

Thanks Tex!

Same technology that made the Epic so good in those little buggers.. However, can't blame you for not trying. Too many times we all chase the newer product when our "gamers" our is working just fine.

If ever get curious I would definitely hit the new Rogue woods/hybrids might surprise you or not--but you don't know unless you hit them.

So cool to see the same stuff in your bag from last year fitting!-- How you know you were fitted by world class fitters.

Frankly, I am afraid to make any changes for that very reason. The only reason I wanted to try the Rogue was I wasn't happy with the ball flight of the Epic. It was getting too low...and I wanted to see if I was leaving anything on the table because of that. It turns out I was. lol

I’ve been a major ho this year as well and I need to slow down. I love all my Callaway clubs but I ended up falling in love with a PING G400 fairway wood. Fairway woods are the one club in my bag that kind of scare me. I’ve lost a little confidence in my ability to hit them reliably straight and high enough off the deck. I’ve always felt that PING makes super easy fairways. I also reordered another set of X Forged and sold my Apex MB’s. I made a little career change that’s impacting my practice time and I need a bit more help in the irons.

10.5* G430 Max Diamana BF 60

15* G430 Max Diamana Ahina 70

21* Apex UW Diamana Ilima 80
22* (bent 23*) X Forged UT KBS Proto

Apex   MB 5-PW $-Taper 

Vokey SM9 Raw 50F, 56F, 60T

Toulon La Grange SB w/ KBS CT Tour

Jones Players Series 003

I've gone back and forth with the Epic driver and Epic SZ fairway and TM 2017 M1 and 2016 M2 HL. I'm not sure what's up, but the Epic has become erratic over the past few months, which has spurred some hoing.

I did pick up the standard Rogue driver, which has been pretty good; it hangs in there against the M1. The 2018 X-Forged have been great so far. I tried to mix them with the new Apex MB but found I prefer the XF in the short irons.

I just got these today....

PXG Black Ops 10.5* - Tensei AV Raw White 65X

PXG Gen 6 0311 15* - Aldila Tour Blue 75X

PXG  Gen 5 0311 19* - Aldila Tour Blue 85X

PXG 0311T Gen 5 4-P - DG120 X100

Titleist Vokey SM9 50*, 56*, 60* - DGTI S400

PXG Bat Attack H

Chrome Soft/Vice Pro Lime

I've gone back and forth with the Epic driver and Epic SZ fairway and TM 2017 M1 and 2016 M2 HL. I'm not sure what's up, but the Epic has become erratic over the past few months, which has spurred some hoing.

I did pick up the standard Rogue driver, which has been pretty good; it hangs in there against the M1. The 2018 X-Forged have been great so far. I tried to mix them with the new Apex MB but found I prefer the XF in the short irons.

I just got these today....

Those raw MD4 wedges are awesome. I forgot that I ordered those too. I’m a mess.

Apex   MB 5-PW $-Taper 

Jones Players Series 003

LOL, we had talked about changes to the bag, and i had made a couple..... and then today I went to the LM with the bag I was fit for in Carlsbad and smoked a 262yd shot with my 20 degree hybrid. I guess i'll have to put that back in the bag.

Will probably keep the G as my driver though just because i'll need the forgiveness.

I have a 5-day old daughter now. So that is kinda taking priority here!

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

LOL, we had talked about changes to the bag, and i had made a couple..... and then today I went to the LM with the bag I was fit for in Carlsbad and smoked a 262yd shot with my 20 degree hybrid. I guess i'll have to put that back in the bag.

Will probably keep the G as my driver though just because i'll need the forgiveness.

Congratulations Jeff! Before you know she will have you wrapped around her little finger. lol

Congratulations Jeff! Before you know she will have you wrapped around her little finger. lol

Pretty sure she already does

Hopefully we'll get to play golf together one day!

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Jeff that is awesome. I’m real excited for you. Playing golf with my dad is one of my greatest joys and stress relievers in life. I hope you get to share that with your new daughter!

Apex   MB 5-PW $-Taper 

Jones Players Series 003

Congratulations! I've been checking the thread for baby news, that's awesome! It is the most incredible thing in the world!

Haven't checked this thread out for a long time. Congratulations Jeff!! That's awesome.

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

Callaway 2007 X-Forged 5-PW/ PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 / Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2.5+ 

Life is like riding a bicycle, to keep your balance you must keep moving

Thanks guys, tomorrow is her 7th day so one week!

She's mostly been a fantastic baby so far. So we are knocking on wood that this continues LOL. Only one scary moment where she cried for hours and we figured out we weren't feeding her enough, so after the hospital suggested that we up her food, we basically fed her like she was part of our late night IN and OUT runs. Then all was good

Today i got to play 9 holes and my wife took her out for a walk

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Thanks guys, tomorrow is her 7th day so one week!

She's mostly been a fantastic baby so far. So we are knocking on wood that this continues LOL. Only one scary moment where she cried for hours and we figured out we weren't feeding her enough, so after the hospital suggested that we up her food, we basically fed her like she was part of our late night IN and OUT runs. Then all was good

Today i got to play 9 holes and my wife took her out for a walk

Congratulations, Jeff. Great news.

And to think, she's already walking at 7 days. They do grow up fast... :)

Congrats bro. Welcome to the dad club..... up next Dad Bod

5 birdie 72 today my second round of the year. I am determined not to let kids ruin my golf game LOL

^^^^ You are right though about dad bod. I haven't been to the gym since she was born. I try to do push ups and stuff at home. Its hard though. I'm tired these days obviously and every time I have free time at home there's baby laundry or bottles to clean

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Those irons are sexy!

We had our Callaway demo day yesterday. Hit the Rogue SZ and the Rogue Pro irons.

I like the feel of the Rogue driver better than the Epic but my numbers were the exact same. I like the Rogue Pro irons too, they are very good for a cast players club and really put a thump on the ball

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

• 4 weeks later...

First father's day for me.....bought myself a Odyssey Red Tank with the Microhinge. Sales guy was telling about the microhinge and i was like "Look you jabroni, i knew about microhinge while you were still in diapers"

My game sucks. The lack of practice and range time is hurting me. My last 4 rounds 78-78-80-80.

But at least i'm getting out there. And my daughter is 12lbs now and eating us out of house and home.

As i write this she is waking up and yelling at me for more food

Deschamps Crisp Antique