2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Camillo's Backup RBZ Iron Pics

GolfWRX

FYI - My "open letter" to Mr. Grumpy (or anyone else that doesn't understand why I called out UGotHustled with such zeal).

Mr. Grumpy,
Obviously you are fortunate to NOT have been burned for hundreds or thousands of dollars by scammers that use sites like WRX to lure victims into sending them money. I'm glad you haven't had this happen to you.
HOWEVER, many of us golf geeks HAVE been burned by guys using the EXACT technique that UGotHustled was using in the thread you commented on. It starts with "I've got a VERY rare head or set of irons that I will be selling soon....", and then some poor guy says "My paypal is ready when you are"..... and you can figure out the rest of the story. It happens a LOT.
Maybe you didn't realize this, or maybe you are friends with UGotHustled, I don't know. But I've been a member here since 2005, and THIS is the way we help each other out when we see someone that looks like they might be scamming. Why else would the guy make up a complete lie about these irons?
I was fortunate enough to receive a set of these irons during my trip to Doral for the TaylorMade RBZ Experience, and so I was in the unique position to know DEFINITIVELY that there were no such "other sets" floating around for sale.
Hopefully that will help you understand my zeal for calling this scammer out.
Someday, if you are in that position, and you see someone that might be trying to scam someone, you will do the same.
Regards,
Tim

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Feel free to post my seemingly now open PM communication back to you..

For the record, not friends with him, and yes I am fortunate enough to have not been scammed by a seller. However, I do not believe in continued belittling. Fora members are smart enough to get the gist on the first couple of comments.

Let me say it for you clear and without a lot of words - [b]Buyer Beware[/b], this has scam written all over it.....

Honma TR20 Vizard RED S

Callaway Fusion 3 Wood Recoil S

PXG 6-Gap TT Elevate S

Vokey SM8 50, 54, 58

Scotty Phantom X 5.5

[quote name='Mikey K' timestamp='1339372374' post='5063480']
I talked to my pro about these today he says he does not have the full set but he has the 5 and 7 iron that he hated. He had TM make them because they looked very forgiving but more of a "players" iron. They are NOT the same as Camillo's because his CAN'T be replicated because they don't have the exact "molds" (or whatever they use to make clubs at a huge production rate) to make the SAME club again. Even for Camillo. He does not use them though because he said the feel and workability were awful compared to the TP MB. So i probably will not be the one getting pictures of them... neither will that other guy I am guessing he just wanted and extra post to add to his post count.

PS: He said many people who are sponsored by TM tested these but did not like them causing them to not make them anymore.
[/quote]

How did the 5/7 iron that your pro has compare to the CV irons listed in this thread?

[quote name='TheMoneyShot' timestamp='1339377410' post='5063996']
I talked to my pro about these today he says he does not have the full set but he has the 5 and 7 iron that he hated. He had TM make them because they looked very forgiving but more of a "players" iron. They are NOT the same as Camillo's because his CAN'T be replicated because they don't have the exact "molds" (or whatever they use to make clubs at a huge production rate) to make the SAME club again. Even for Camillo. He does not use them though because he said the feel and workability were awful compared to the TP MB. So i probably will not be the one getting pictures of them... neither will that other guy I am guessing he just wanted and extra post to add to his post count.

PS: He said many people who are sponsored by TM tested these but did not like them causing them to not make them anymore.
[/quote]

How did the 5/7 iron that your pro has compare to the CV irons listed in this thread?
[/quote]

It was almost identical except the sole of the club was almost all of the "shiny" metal instead of half "shiny" and half matte.

[quote name='Mikey K' timestamp='1339377848' post='5064050']
[quote name='TheMoneyShot' timestamp='1339377410' post='5063996']

[/quote]

[/quote]

It was almost identical except the sole of the club was almost all of the "shiny" metal instead of half "shiny" and half matte.
[/quote]

They sound great. If he ever nabs a full set and wants to sell them please keep me in kind.

• 2 weeks later...

This is what I hate the most about equipment companys. They already have the molds made, so why not let these irons be custom ordered. I would bet if a store like Edwin Watts, Golf Smith, Golf Galaxy would buy 10 sets per store and they would priced in line with the standard set, they would sell them very easily. The demand is there. I would love to have a forgiving set of irons with amost no offset. Businesses are always looking for ways to increase sales and they have a easy way stairing them in the face but they are too blind to see it.

[quote name='dj106' timestamp='1340498754' post='5155916']
This is what I hate the most about equipment companys. They already have the molds made, so why not let these irons be custom ordered.
[/quote]

You sure they have molds for these?

G430 9* Ventus Velo 7s
Titleist TSI2 15* DI7s

Ping G425 19* hybrid Accra TZ6
Tour Edge XCG 24* hybrid Altus
Srixon ZX5 MKII 6-pw
Ping Stealth 2.0 50*SS, 54*SS, 58SS/TS*
TP Mills Tour Fleetwood

[quote name='Qegurezi' timestamp='1340505411' post='5156476']
This is what I hate the most about equipment companys. They already have the molds made, so why not let these irons be custom ordered.
[/quote]

[/quote]Are you serious? How else would multiple sets be made? I dont think someone is hammering these out by hand.

[quote name='dj106' timestamp='1340505926' post='5156508']
[/quote]

[/quote]Are you serious? How else would multiple sets be made? I dont think someone is hammering these out by hand.
[/quote]

Well post #92 clouds the issue.

G430 9* Ventus Velo 7s
Titleist TSI2 15* DI7s

Srixon ZX5 MKII 6-pw
TP Mills Tour Fleetwood

[quote name='MizzyBYU24' timestamp='1340553857' post='5158350']
Looks like he's finally putting together a good tournament with them. I'll be cheering for him today. Too powerful and talented to not be winning at least a tournament a year
[/quote]

[quote name='MizzyBYU24' timestamp='1340553857' post='5158350']
Looks like he's finally putting together a good tournament with them. I'll be cheering for him today. Too powerful and talented to not be winning at least a tournament a year
[/quote]

He is going to need to go super low today in order for him to have a chance. It's nice seeing him on the leader board once gain.

[quote name='hoganhawk' timestamp='1340562859' post='5158946']
I hope they are released and I can get the custom chalk markings on top. These are so much better looking than the weird and fake looking rbz retails.
[/quote]

Agreed! The retail version of the RBZ irons are so fugly. If TM would release an iron like this they would get more golfers under the RBZ umbrella. They make TP versions of the RBZ drivers, fwys and hybrids so why not do it for the irons too.

Unfortunately we will never see the "Camillo version" available, as I just bought the last set of them from UGotHustled. :lol:

While the retail version of these irons may not be the prettiest irons out there, they are STUPID-easy to hit and are VERY long.

Full club+ longer than my Pings. About half of that distance gain is from the stronger lofts, but ONLY half. The other half-club distance gain is clearly from the design.

My ONLY issue with these irons (and I mean ONLY), is that they have just a bit too much offset for me. My Ping i15s have just a bit less offset, and I never lose a shot left (draw). Occassionally I would lose a shot left with my RBZs.

Pair the retail RBZ irons with Dynamic Gold shafts, and you will LOVE them.

My buddy (scratch player) has used Mizuno irons for years, and hit my RBZs on the range about a month ago. He LOVED them and immediately purchased a set. He threw up a 74 with a lost ball and 5 birdies today from the tips at Shadowhawk.

My point being, these irons will help ALL players, not just guys with high caps.

If you could use another 10-15 yards on each iron, and would benefit from a SUPER-easy to hit club, you should get past the busy cavity design and give these an honest shot. The topline is not bad at ALL to look down at either.

Tim

[quote name='Tim Delgado' timestamp='1340569427' post='5159396']
Unfortunately we will never see the "Camillo version" available, as I just bought the last set of them from UGotHustled. :lol:

While the retail version of these irons may not be the prettiest irons out there, they are STUPID-easy to hit and are VERY long.

Full club+ longer than my Pings. About half of that distance gain is from the stronger lofts, but ONLY half. The other half-club distance gain is clearly from the design.

My ONLY issue with these irons (and I mean ONLY), is that they have just a bit too much offset for me. My Ping i15s have just a bit less offset, and I never lose a shot left (draw). Occassionally I would lose a shot left with my RBZs.

Pair the retail RBZ irons with Dynamic Gold shafts, and you will LOVE them.

My buddy (scratch player) has used Mizuno irons for years, and hit my RBZs on the range about a month ago. He LOVED them and immediately purchased a set. He threw up a 74 with a lost ball and 5 birdies today from the tips at Shadowhawk.

My point being, these irons will help ALL players, not just guys with high caps.

If you could use another 10-15 yards on each iron, and would benefit from a SUPER-easy to hit club, you should get past the busy cavity design and give these an honest shot. The topline is not bad at ALL to look down at either.

Tim
[/quote]

The only thing I don't like is from the 5 iron down with these irons. I was hoping that maybe we would see a refined TP set that would appeal more to the eye at address. These irons are long without a doubt but extremely ugly from the 5 iron down. Hopefully something cleaner will be released in the next offering.

• 2 months later...

[quote name='dunk7' timestamp='1338319270' post='4995424']
I have three questions for those that like the looks of this iron

1. How do you think they look compared to the Adams CMB's?
2. Do you wear Lime Green on a regular basis?
3. Do you wear spandex more than 4 times a week?
[/quote]

I have two questions in response to your three

1. How much has the "player's" iron design changed over the past decade or two?
2. What's wrong with wearing lime green spandex more than 4 times a week (do boxer briefs count)?

[/quote]

[/quote]
Heard earlier in the year that each head was milled rather than cast. TM isn't holding out, these were as custom as it gets...

[quote name='dkolarik' timestamp='1346413474' post='5564899']
[/quote]

[/quote]
Heard earlier in the year that each head was milled rather than cast. TM isn't holding out, these were as custom as it gets...
[/quote]

Exactly.

G430 9* Ventus Velo 7s
Titleist TSI2 15* DI7s

Srixon ZX5 MKII 6-pw
TP Mills Tour Fleetwood

• 5 years later...

They look good. I never hit the original RBZ, but have hit the RBladez and Speedblades. How do these feel? Super clicky, or are they softer at all.

TM M4 8.5 Atmos Red

TM Original One Mini 13.5 Diamana F

TM Sim TI 5 wood Diamana F

Sub 70 TAIII 4&5 KBS $-Taper Lite

Sub 70 649 6-P KBS $-Taper Lite

Sub 70 286 50,54 KBS $-Taper Lite

Edel D-Grind 58 KBS Tour Rev 2.0

LAB Directed Force 2.1 73*