TollBros WITB

Good stuff. Wish I hit my M2 higher because I like everything else about it.

First time I’ve seen someone accused of bias in their witb thread, and on top of that it’s someone who’s job is to provide oems unbiased reviews. Good on you for even responding.

Everyone is biased to a degree I suppose, however it's my own personal bag thread so of course I'm playing the things I like, and that suit me perfectly. Haha. During product analysis, we stick to just the facts to keep it unbiased, but in my own bag thread I try to point out the good and the bad and why I liked or didn't like something, no matter how minimal the issue. However I think the main point is that I would never trash a product because of an opinion, however I will point out it's factual shortcomings based on what my personal game needs.

I picked up a T3 M2 Deep face based on your recommendation above - can't wait to try it out!

I can't imagine anyone not being happy with that head and Tensei Pro White combo. I've had literally five other players hit my 3 wood and replicate the exact same set up.

I had a t3 m2 df with a Tensei Pro Blue 90tx and it was alright but I ended up going back to my TI 16 m1. I probably should of tried the pro white like I wanted to but with playing blueboard 103x for a long time I thought the PB 90 would give me that same holy grail I was looking for but it didn’t. I probably should of kept it considering when I tested it my elbow was so far gone I couldn’t swing the club exactly how I wanted to before surgery.

As long as you have something you like now, that's all that matters. And I suppose some people may not find the M2 DF very forgiving but I really don't find it punishing at all. I'm a good ball striker but I'm no Tour player, and I can't remember a single instance on the course that this club didn't do exactly what I expected. I also know a lot of guys are afraid of Pro White as a fairway shaft but the 80tx does not hit low. The flight is low spin and the apex is flat, but it's not low launch. I'm getting 12.5/2800 or so off the deck with this thing at near driver ball speeds.

I picked up a T3 M2 Deep face based on your recommendation above - can't wait to try it out!

I can't imagine anyone not being happy with that head and Tensei Pro White combo. I've had literally five other players hit my 3 wood and replicate the exact same set up.

I had a t3 m2 df with a Tensei Pro Blue 90tx and it was alright but I ended up going back to my TI 16 m1. I probably should of tried the pro white like I wanted to but with playing blueboard 103x for a long time I thought the PB 90 would give me that same holy grail I was looking for but it didn’t. I probably should of kept it considering when I tested it my elbow was so far gone I couldn’t swing the club exactly how I wanted to before surgery.

As long as you have something you like now, that's all that matters. And I suppose some people may not find the M2 DF very forgiving but I really don't find it punishing at all. I'm a good ball striker but I'm no Tour player, and I can't remember a single instance on the course that this club didn't do exactly what I expected. I also know a lot of guys are afraid of Pro White as a fairway shaft but the 80tx does not hit low. The flight is low spin and the apex is flat, but it's not low launch. I'm getting 12.5/2800 or so off the deck with this thing at near driver ball speeds.

I liked the DF shape and how it set at address. I probably should of kept it and dialed it in a little more but I may eventually give it another shot for the heck of it.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking forward to your review on the Bloodline putter. So assuming you’ve rolled them, what are your initials impressions and what stood out to you most? I’m interested but haven’t seen any reviews on them.

You've got to get used to the grip which is basically round and the fact that all the weight is in the head. It's different but the ability to be able to perfectly align yourself quickly over rides any initial discomfort.

Looking forward to your review on the Bloodline putter. So assuming you've rolled them, what are your initials impressions and what stood out to you most? I'm interested but haven't seen any reviews on them.

You've got to get used to the grip which is basically round and the fact that all the weight is in the head. It's different but the ability to be able to perfectly align yourself quickly over rides any initial discomfort.

Sounds intriguing. I don't think I will have any problem with round grips but with all the weight in the head, distance control isn't an issue? Look forward to your review JT.

Looking forward to your review on the Bloodline putter. So assuming you've rolled them, what are your initials impressions and what stood out to you most? I'm interested but haven't seen any reviews on them.

Sounds intriguing. I don't think I will have any problem with round grips but with all the weight in the head, distance control isn't an issue? Look forward to your review JT.

There is no question it takes some getting used to. Putting is the strongest part of my game and I even realized I was a couple degrees misaligned at 20 feet. It's very helpful as a putter and a learning tool as well.

I liked the DF shape and how it set at address. I probably should of kept it and dialed it in a little more but I may eventually give it another shot for the heck of it.

I’m only a round and a range session in and this thing is exactly as you describe - very small, somewhat intimidating looking head, but launches plenty highe off the deck and feels amazing. My only concern is that it might go too far for what I need, maybe should have picked up a 3hl!

I’m only a round and a range session in and this thing is exactly as you describe - very small, somewhat intimidating looking head, but launches plenty highe off the deck and feels amazing. My only concern is that it might go too far for what I need, maybe should have picked up a 3hl!

It really is like having a second driver that you can hit off the deck. We test all the new 3 woods every year and nothing even makes me consider switching.

I took a clue from here and have found the Mizuno GT180 to be a really great driver shafted with a Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 5 X.

The open face and 10.5* are just what the Dr. ordered for me - I have a lot of face turn down thru impact.

Easily and immediately displaced my Epic.

Texsport

Mizuno GT180 10.5*/Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 5 X
Tour Edge Exotics CB F2 PRO 15.5* Limited/Speeder 757 EVO 7.1X (Gene Sauers club)
Titleist 915 18*/Fubuki K 80X
Titleist 913 Hybrid 21*/Tour Blue 105X (Matt Jones' club) (OR) TM Burner 4-iron/Aldila RIP 115 Tour S
Wilson Staff V4 5 and 6/Aerotech Fibersteel 110 S
MacGregor PRO M 7-PM/Aldila RIP 115 Tour S
Edel 50*/KBS 610 S
Scratch JMO Grind Don White 56*/DG X-100
Cobra Trusty Rusty Tour 64*/DG S-200
The Cure CX2 putter

I took a clue from here and have found the Mizuno GT180 to be a really great driver shafted with a Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 5 X.

Easily and immediately displaced my Epic.

Texsport

It's outstanding. I loved it in testing except the fact that I don't like a super open face and need a super low loft. Basically completely contradictory to the one loft thing all they companies seem to do these days.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I'm guessing by that set up you lean EVERYTHING (down into it). Good looking WITB. Like the long iron replacements and prototype synergy. Holy spin: killed.

I go down through every iron shot, but my AOA on the driver is around 5 degrees up. Hence the need for such low loft on the driver. The speed through the ball is the only thing creating spin. I'm sure as I grow older things will get tricky, as the speed slows and the spin comes down. Hopefully not something I need to address for another 20 years. Haha

• 2 weeks later...

Have you hit the King LTD 3 wood? That thing is super low spin and long while being very forgiving. The retail M2 wasn't even close. Think the tour issue ones match it?

The retail M2 is a shallow faced design. I play the Tour only deep face head in the 3 woods. They perform very differently. Also, we test probably 90% of all product you would consider even remotely relevant on an annual basis, with this deep faced '16 head still reigning supreme. It's not for everyone as the head is short heel to toe so you need to be a quality ball striker to use it properly, but for higher speed guys, it's an absolute weapon.

What’s the reasoning behind playing UDI vs 790 in the long irons? I’ve got both in a 3 and 4 having a hard time deciding what to go for and what is important when testing etc.

I've been playing the original UDI with great success for about 4 years so when the p790 set came out, I simply adjusted the lofts slightly to fit the gap and kept playing them. After testing both the p790 long irons and the GAPR irons, I just didn't see any performance gain or reason to change from what I was already comfortable with. The original UDI are super easy to hit, are easy to alter trajectory with, and you don't have to be perfect with them. Honestly when you have access to everything, and can change clubs anytime you want to, you don't. I know it's odd to say, but with having so much access to everything, it just makes me play whatever I like best with no pressure to ever switch for any reason other than superior performance.

What’s the reasoning behind playing UDI vs 790 in the long irons? I’ve got both in a 3 and 4 having a hard time deciding what to go for and what is important when testing etc.

I've been playing the original UDI with great success for about 4 years so when the p790 set came out, I simply adjusted the lofts slightly to fit the gap and kept playing them. After testing both the p790 long irons and the GAPR irons, I just didn't see any performance gain or reason to change from what I was already comfortable with. The original UDI are super easy to hit, are easy to alter trajectory with, and you don't have to be perfect with them. Honestly when you have access to everything, and can change clubs anytime you want to, you don't. I know it's odd to say, but with having so much access to everything, it just makes me play whatever I like best with no pressure to ever switch for any reason other than superior performance.

Did you notice any difference in launch and spin between the two? My limited testing showed that udi launched much higher with more spin, but I figured your testing may be more scientific. Happy holidays!

• 2 weeks later...

Did you notice any difference in launch and spin between the two? My limited testing showed that udi launched much higher with more spin, but I figured your testing may be more scientific. Happy holidays!

The UDI original launches between the low and mid but retains a spin closet to the low in stock form. I play C-taper 130 in the 4 iron but Tensei Pro White 100tx in the 3 iron and it really keeps the spin under control. They actually spin close to the same with that set up. Pick the head you like best and tailor the shaft and set up to match the trajectory and spin window you need.

That is a sweet bag. Love the whole thing including the headcover.

TM SIM2 Max 10.5 UST V 2 
TM SIM Max 15 UST V2 66g
TM Stealth HL 17 Aldila RIP Alpha 6
TM Stealth UDI 19 UST V2
TM Stealth UDI 23 UST v2 
TM P790 6-PW Nippon Modus 3 105
TM MG 3 Black 50 Nippon Modus Tour WV115
TM MG Hi-Toe 3 RAW Wedge 54 Nippon Pro WV115
TM MG Hi-Toe 3 RAW Wedge 58 Nippon Pro Modus 105 T
TM TP Hydro Blast Bandon 3

Great bag can’t imagine having access to the type of shafts and equipment you do that would be dangerous. Ha

Often and makes the choice much easier as I can validate that everything in my bag is as good as I'm going to get it. Whereas some people may be tempted to change clubs, I get to actually try them which allows me to continuously validate what I'm playing and makes switching much less likely.

I found switching less has helped me.

TM SIM2 Max 10.5 UST V 2 
TM SIM Max 15 UST V2 66g
TM Stealth HL 17 Aldila RIP Alpha 6
TM Stealth UDI 19 UST V2
TM Stealth UDI 23 UST v2 
TM P790 6-PW Nippon Modus 3 105
TM MG 3 Black 50 Nippon Modus Tour WV115
TM MG Hi-Toe 3 RAW Wedge 54 Nippon Pro WV115
TM MG Hi-Toe 3 RAW Wedge 58 Nippon Pro Modus 105 T
TM TP Hydro Blast Bandon 3

With those shafts in the 790’s you must hit those things a mile.

I hit the 730’with a Ctaper = 176 carry

Same shaft in the 7 iron 790 = 202 carry

Callaway triple Diamond paradym 9*- hulk 60tx 

Callaway paradym triple diamond - hulk 70tx 

Titleist TSi3 20* hybrid Matrix Black Tie 90x 
Srixon zx7mkii 456 / ZForgedii 789P- MMT 125tx 
Cleveland RTX6 50/54/ S400 TI Onyx 
Vokey Wedgeworks 60* V-grind 
Tri-hot double wide