TaylorMade...King of Backorders

DRRicks

I guess this means that the good stuff won't hit BST until mid summer.

You guys will get your custom ordered clubs, take them out, claim you still aren't getting optimal spin / launch (but won't take lessons) and then you'll post them on BST. Then you'll do a "I just can't work the ball with modern blades" thread or maybe a "what's the lowest launch lowest spin driver that will get me from 4200 to 1900 RPM" thread.

Are all your posts this douchey?

Not all of them. Depends on the topic.

For example, I would say the same thing in a Tyson Lamb or Circle T thread.

And really, what am I wrong about? We can revisit in June/July when people are selling their custom orders and continuing the search for the best clubs.

You are likely correct. But, wouldn't it make more sense to hang out on the instruction forum then?

Love being able to look back to see what people have posted. Someone has listed quite a few clubs on here for sale.....

Just checking back here. Are you referring to my BST posts? If so, yes I list stuff for sale. But you'll see that none of it is high end custom stuff. Probably why it never sells. Usually an off the rack Putter or Wedge or fairway wood. I hate keeping extra clubs around so I'll sell them. But I'm moving more towards trade ins as it's better use of my time.

I certainly look for the best clubs for my game and I think I have a set that now works. But I also not one of those people that runs out to get the next new toy and then sells is a week later when I can't hit it due to lack of skill.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have thought someone from TM would get on here and address these situations...but I guess 20+ stories aren't enough.

Btw, Hi Toe wedges are now B/O until JUNE. Unreal.

...i can't even get them for demos for our local PGATSS. it's not just wrxers buying those wedges -- i had 8 guys come up to me saturday asking about them, where to buy them, regardless of being able to hit them or not.

Sucks to be at your store. Hi-Toe wedges are heavily stocked at my GG....

I would have thought someone from TM would get on here and address these situations...but I guess 20+ stories aren't enough.

Btw, Hi Toe wedges are now B/O until JUNE. Unreal.

...i can't even get them for demos for our local PGATSS. it's not just wrxers buying those wedges -- i had 8 guys come up to me saturday asking about them, where to buy them, regardless of being able to hit them or not.

Sucks to be at your store. Hi-Toe wedges are heavily stocked at my GG....

Man! I can’t find one within 50 miles of me!

I ordered a Black Tour Spider 34.25 inches and 2* flat on Friday 13th thru Discount Dans and received it today. It had a CUSTOM ORDER! sticker on the outside. It is perfect. No problems for me this year with TM.

Titleist TSR3 9.25* Tensei 1K Black 65S 45.75"
Titleist TSR2 16.5 Tensei 1K Black 75S 43.25"
Titleist TSR3 19* Tensei 1K Black 75S 42.75" 
Titleist TSR3 3H 19* Tensei 1kB Black 85s 40.5"
Fourteen TC 920 5-PW Project X LZ 6.0
Fourteen DJ-4 48* Project X IO 6.0
Fourteen DJ-5 54* Project X IO 6.0

Fourteen DJ-4 58* Project X IO 6.0
2023 Odyssey Jailbird MH 39"  
2023 Vice Pro Lime

Just checking back here. Are you referring to my BST posts? If so, yes I list stuff for sale. But you'll see that none of it is high end custom stuff. Probably why it never sells. Usually an off the rack Putter or Wedge or fairway wood. I hate keeping extra clubs around so I'll sell them. But I'm moving more towards trade ins as it's better use of my time.

I certainly look for the best clubs for my game and I think I have a set that now works. But I also not one of those people that runs out to get the next new toy and then sells is a week later when I can't hit it due to lack of skill.

Why do you care what other people do? How does it affect you in any way?

Why even come on a golf enthusiast forum if you're going to be this judgmental toward other golfers? Seems odd to me.

Titleist TSR2 // Autoflex SF505

Titleist TSR2 16.5 // Vista Pro 60s

Ping G25 20, 23 // Tour AD True Spec

Titleist T200/T150 5-GW // Steelfiber i80PR

Titleist SM9 54.10, 58.12 // Steelfiber i80r

L.A.B. Golf DF3 // L.A.B. x TPT

• 2 weeks later...

all i know is - through a few indoor demo days i've witnessed - TM stuff is FLYING out the door.

the NJ golf show at the Garden State Expo Center was sold out of M3/M4 drivers by sunday.

Flying out, and the M4 irons are flying right back in with caved faces....BUST again for TM......They're slowly sinking, and Callaway is running the faucet.....lol

all i know is - through a few indoor demo days i've witnessed - TM stuff is FLYING out the door.

the NJ golf show at the Garden State Expo Center was sold out of M3/M4 drivers by sunday.

Flying out, and the M4 irons are flying right back in with caved faces....BUST again for TM......They're slowly sinking, and Callaway is running the faucet.....lol
That's first I've heard of it, how does bitterness taste ? Gotta suck after awhile I bet...

PING G430 LST / 9* (dialed to 10.5*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Dark Speed LS / 3w (dialed to 15.5*) / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

backorder dates are projections, and its better to project later and deliver early than the other way around

Ground breaking. Thanks.

I'm not thumbing through 5 pages of people not understand basic business logistics, but some don't seem to understand that you creating a huge surplus isn't the best money decision

vote with your money, if theyre that much of a pain in your a**, buy some sm7's

backorder dates are projections, and its better to project later and deliver early than the other way around

Ground breaking. Thanks.

I'm not thumbing through 5 pages of people not understand basic business logistics, but some don't seem to understand that you creating a huge surplus isn't the best money decision

Even better! If you’d bother reading the thread (before commenting), you’d have seen that they’re not only B/O tons of product, BUT they’re also missing their dates substantially. And, if I wanted SM7s, that’s what I would’ve ordered...thanks for the tip though.

Ground breaking. Thanks.

Even better! If you'd bother reading the thread (before commenting), you'd have seen that they're not only B/O tons of product, BUT they're also missing their dates substantially. And, if I wanted SM7s, that's what I would've ordered...thanks for the tip though.

right.... they're messing all this stuff up and you're bag is still full of tmade. They care a lot more about their bottom line than some 'scathing' post on golfwrx

TM’s product is head and shoulders above everyone else’s...their problem is either supply chain or business plan.

Wouldn't say that is the case anymore. In fact I would say they have fallen behind in quality.

Cracking faces on drivers, inserts on irons falling off, and iron faces caving. Guessing the long waits for delivery is not due to stringent quality control.

I would have thought someone from TM would get on here and address these situations...but I guess 20+ stories arent enough.Btw, Hi Toe wedges are now B/O until JUNE. Unreal.

TM staff got way too cool for school a few years ago and I may be wrong, but it truly seemed like the brass told people, “look, we are top dog now. You don’t need to be kind, go the extra mile, or be friendly to anyone. That includes your biggest accounts or direct customers.”

When our account was shipped four sets of irons last year that we didn’t order, I asked for an RS label and a credit for our account. When asked to prove it, I forwarded the inside rep the email he verified with our pre order in it. His boss then asked us to “give it a month and try to sell them”. After a month, I asked for my RS label and credit, and the inside guy said they don’t usually send shipping labels for returns. After I explained to him that I didn’t ask for the irons in the first place and it was their mistake, he never responded to further emails and I was forced to pay to ship them back.

TaylorMade makes nice clubs and I used to play a lot of their gear, but since I got deeper into working in the industry, I can’t stand the way they do business internally.

Wilson Fg Tour M3- Black Ops Black Mamba
Adams Tight Lies 3-16
Adams Tight Lies 5-19(Fuji Speeder 7.2)
Wilson FG Tour V4 Utility - 3
Wilson FG Tour M3 4-GW (Dynamic Gold XP)
Vokey SM 09 56
Odyssey Versa 1W WBW 34"

TM's product is head and shoulders above everyone else's...their problem is either supply chain or business plan.

Wouldn't say that is the case anymore. In fact I would say they have fallen behind in quality.

Cracking faces on drivers, inserts on irons falling off, and iron faces caving. Guessing the long waits for delivery is not due to stringent quality control.

I received my custom putter with paint missing between the face insert and body (small white line where black paint had clearly flaked off during/after production). I've called twice - first time was told to buy my own paint from a website, second time (after the website given didn't have the paint) I was told to reach out to continental golf. I'm still perplexed as to how this is acceptable on a $300 putter I didn't even hit yet.

That's first I've heard of it, how does bitterness taste ? Gotta suck after awhile I bet.
If you honestly ask any of the retailers, if they sell any volume of irons, they know. Actually, I hit TM woods, own a good chunk of Callaway stock (for 20+ years), haven't had a Callaway club in the bag since the mid-90's......Bitter? NO, NONE of the clubs out there are built with super quality control. They are mass produced on an assembly line, even the clubs that WRX'ers claim came from the Tour rep.......LOLOL

TM's product is head and shoulders above everyone else's...their problem is either supply chain or business plan.

I received my custom putter with paint missing between the face insert and body (small white line where black paint had clearly flaked off during/after production). I've called twice - first time was told to buy my own paint from a website, second time (after the website given didn't have the paint) I was told to reach out to continental golf. I'm still perplexed as to how this is acceptable on a $300 putter I didn't even hit yet.

"Custom" used to mean something, not anymore......