SuperSpeed Golf training system

I just finished 2months of training and took 1 week off last week. My green shaft is up to low 120mph now, but i started to have some pain on my outer left knee towards lower left between my calf and the knee, possibly IT band. Has anyone feel this type of pain during the training?

I get a little ankle and knee aches after swinging in my garage setup some times. There is no amount of stretching unfortunately that stops for me. I do not get this issue out on the course or range so I attribute it entirely to the turf I am swinging on. It doesn't allow my foot to turn so easily and I roll my ankle that much harder. When you swing all out, it puts a LOT of stress on your ligaments, just like a major league pitcher's arm. You have to be careful and stop when you feel any aches. Let yourself recover. I also think how much you feel this depends on your age and how stretchy your ligaments still are.

I myself try to only swing with my morning slippers on, it allows my leg to turn out better so its less hard on it. Forearms can really take abuse too depending on your grip style, and how fast you a able to physically move that club. Someone moving a stick at 140 vs someone moving it at 110 is probably going to feel significantly more stress on their body. I have a super strong grip, tend to get very inside out when I swing really hard and therefore my forearm really wrenches over at the last second. Very hard on it when you swing, especially with the heavy stick.

Swing hard in case you hit it!

I just finished 2months of training and took 1 week off last week. My green shaft is up to low 120mph now, but i started to have some pain on my outer left knee towards lower left between my calf and the knee, possibly IT band. Has anyone feel this type of pain during the training?

Yes, and for me it was IT band. The fix was exercises to increase flexibility and core strength.

If I do this 11,548 more times, I will be having fun. - Zippy the Pinhead

I'm 3 weeks into introductory protocol now and have seen no gains. I don't have a radar to measure the speed but it's on the course i'm talking about. I play with a buddy of mine and we're usually neck and neck off the tee and still were when I played with him yesterday. I'm going to keep going with SSG as if nothing else it's a good workout!

It's possible that you are swinging "harder", but not "faster". The forearm pain, to me at least, suggests that you are creating more tension in your swing that is inhibiting or minimizing your ability to swing faster. It might "feel" like you are swinging faster, but it's very possible you aren't, because the additional effort might just be a false sense of strength from using muscles in a way that doesn't contribute to clubhead speed.

Over the years, I noticed that I would get very minimal, if not negligible, yardage gains even when I would swing as hard as could and still make solid, square contact. Last year I took a lesson on Trackman and got an instant 5mph increase just by the instructor getting me to change my swing path. If I didn't have the feedback of knowing my clubhead speed or the final carry distance, I would not in a million years have thought that I was swinging "faster". The new swing path made my use my body more efficiently, so I wasn't wasting as much energy.

I've been very intrigued by SSG, but I don't think I would do any of the protocols without a radar (or some other device that can precisely measure clubhead speed). It's too easy to trick myself into thinking I'm swinging faster, when in reality what I feel is actually just tension in my muscles.

I'm 3 weeks into introductory protocol now and have seen no gains. I don't have a radar to measure the speed but it's on the course i'm talking about. I play with a buddy of mine and we're usually neck and neck off the tee and still were when I played with him yesterday. I'm going to keep going with SSG as if nothing else it's a good workout!

It's possible that you are swinging "harder", but not "faster". The forearm pain, to me at least, suggests that you are creating more tension in your swing that is inhibiting or minimizing your ability to swing faster. It might "feel" like you are swinging faster, but it's very possible you aren't, because the additional effort might just be a false sense of strength from using muscles in a way that doesn't contribute to clubhead speed.

Over the years, I noticed that I would get very minimal, if not negligible, yardage gains even when I would swing as hard as could and still make solid, square contact. Last year I took a lesson on Trackman and got an instant 5mph increase just by the instructor getting me to change my swing path. If I didn't have the feedback of knowing my clubhead speed or the final carry distance, I would not in a million years have thought that I was swinging "faster". The new swing path made my use my body more efficiently, so I wasn't wasting as much energy.

I've been very intrigued by SSG, but I don't think I would do any of the protocols without a radar (or some other device that can precisely measure clubhead speed). It's too easy to trick myself into thinking I'm swinging faster, when in reality what I feel is actually just tension in my muscles.

In my case I am loose as a goose with my swing tension. I have worked on that for years. I have an extremely strong grip and a tendancy to drop the club way inside. The club jerks to the left at the bottom of its arch and that really puts a lot of stress on my left forearm. Granted, this is swinging a 340 gram club at 130+, centripetal force really stretches my arm and wrist ligaments.

Hi guys,

Late to the party but having been inspired by the results of guys on here I thought I would give this a go.

As it's a bad time of year for shelling out ££'s on golf aids, I though I would have a go at the DIY route first. I have lots of shafts so for the sake of £5 for a bag of steel washers and playing with adapter components I have come up with these below.

Used a couple of longer M4 bolts for the heavier sticks and original adapter screw from the lightest ones. Weights are dialled in really nicely and shafts are progressively heavier (60g,70g,80g) which I hope will work out well. No epoxy so no mess and took a grand total of 5 mins to put together. Might end up epoxying the washers and adapters all together for extra security. Time to get to work with protocol 1.

G

Regarding the photos on page 18 post 537: Are the screws just going into the shaft and epoxied from the inside? I can't imagine they are threaded into anything.

Were there pictures? Sounds like he somehow attached washers to shaft witb a screw, perhaps he had hosel adapters on the shafts that made that possible? Not sure without pics.

I sent him a PM. Hopefully he'll respond. I want to DIY some speed clubs. Trying to decide best way. Calibration weights, cutting bar stock or using washers.

Were there pictures? Sounds like he somehow attached washers to shaft witb a screw, perhaps he had hosel adapters on the shafts that made that possible? Not sure without pics.

http://www.golfwrx.c...6#entry16626626

For future reference, when someone quotes another post, there is a curved left arrow icon next to the quoted person's username. If you click on that, it'll automatically move you to the quoted post. It's extremely useful for long threads like this where you can't easily find the original post.

Based on the pictures and descriptions, he just used existing adapters and bought longer bolts for the heavier clubs so it can hold more washers. If you bring the adapter with you to the hardware store, you can just go to the nuts/bolts section and try out different bolts of longer length until you find one with a matching thread pattern.

Was watching the Players this weekend and there was an announcer comment that the average shoulder turn by these pros is 120*. Got me thinking tonight that maybe my swing had gotten a little short as I rushed to swing these sticks fast. So normal routine after my Monday workout I forced a bigger shoulder turn, keeping left arm straight. Hit 119mph with the light stick and more importantly 115mph with the blue.

I think I have more speed to come now as well if I can continue this larger shoulder turn. I was just past 90* maybe and so need to continue to work on thoracic flexibility.

For future reference, when someone quotes another post, there is a curved left arrow icon next to the quoted person's username. If you click on that, it'll automatically move you to the quoted post. It's extremely useful for long threads like this where you can't easily find the original post.

Based on the pictures and descriptions, he just used existing adapters and bought longer bolts for the heavier clubs so it can hold more washers. If you bring the adapter with you to the hardware store, you can just go to the nuts/bolts section and try out different bolts of longer length until you find one with a matching thread pattern.

Thank you! I didn't know about the curved left arrow either. Good to know.

I don't know what an adapter is???

Diddo, thank you, good to know.

Same adapter as is used on the end of the shaft of an adjustable driver, fairway, etc. It doesn't matter what brand it is, the cheaper the better, as most have the same screw thread. You then buy longer screws than normal from a hardware store and use them to hold washers in place screwed into the adapter. Aside from getting the weight right, the key will be to ensure the adapter is secured with 24 hour golf epoxy and the screw is the right length so it is fully inserted into the adapter and pulls tight on the washers

Same adapter as is used on the end of the shaft of an adjustable driver, fairway, etc. It doesn't matter what brand it is, the cheaper the better, as most have the same screw thread. You then buy longer screws than normal from a hardware store and use them to hold washers in place screwed into the adapter. Aside from getting the weight right, the key will be to ensure the adapter is secured with 24 hour golf epoxy and the screw is the right length so it is fully inserted into the adapter and pulls tight on the washers

I don't have an adjustable driver and I've never actually looked closely at one so I had to google it to get a visual. Do these adapters take the place of a ferrule? I would assume so.

I don't have an adjustable driver and I've never actually looked closely at one so I had to google it to get a visual. Do these adapters take the place of a ferrule? I would assume so.

I looked into the adapter option but decided not to. simply too expensive. It should not cost more than $100 building 3 sticks.

Believe me, epoxy does magical job bonding screw, washers and shaft.

I got my shafts (3) from this seller on ebay, golfdealsandsteals1. $10 each. If u buys 3, $14 shipping. I got cheap grips on ebay too.

Thanks for this tip right here!!! Just picked up 3 X shafts from him. You can’t find a better deal anywhere else! I like that they are all matching shafts right at the same weight as mine

TSi2 10* w/ Trono 65x set at C1

TSi2 16.5* w/ Trono 75x set at C1

TSi2 18* w/ GD Tour AD BB 7s set at C1

VEGA VDC-01 Raw 4-P w/ Modus 120S

Edel SMS 52 T Grind

Edel SMS 56 T Grind

Edel SMS 60 T Grind

LAB DF 2.1 w/ Stability Shaft

Bridgestone Tour BXS

I got my shafts (3) from this seller on ebay, golfdealsandsteals1. $10 each. If u buys 3, $14 shipping. I got cheap grips on ebay too.

Thanks for this tip right here!!! Just picked up 3 X shafts from him. You can't find a better deal anywhere else! I like that they are all matching shafts right at the same weight as mine

More than glad to be of your help. Please share pix of your sticks when done.

New user, with my first workout on Monday.

1) can anyone pm me a link to a spreadsheet used to track progress?

2) During my first two workouts, my speed on the first few green standing swings was lower than even my first few blue and red. Assuming the radar is accurate, I guess it is attributable to not warming up enough. Does anyone swing any of the SS clubs at full speed as a warmup? If so, which club and how many swings generally?

So I’m trying to formulate how I’m going to create my own sticks and going off of the heavier/lighter %’s, I have the following 3 weights to make:

I rounded the numbers to make them a bit more even and easier to accomplish. I have theee 75x shafts on the way, and I figure once cut and gripped should weigh around the 70-75g weight each. I’m thinking of just ordering three 200g weights, and once bored out adding either lead tape or washers until the weights are correct. I figure this will be easier than messing with different size weights overall.

I’m excited to get this stuff in and start putting it together. I got a SS monitor from a fellow WRX member so once all is said and done I should be in for right around $160ish including the SS monitor. Not too shabby in my book.

TSi2 10* w/ Trono 65x set at C1

TSi2 16.5* w/ Trono 75x set at C1

TSi2 18* w/ GD Tour AD BB 7s set at C1

VEGA VDC-01 Raw 4-P w/ Modus 120S

Edel SMS 52 T Grind

Edel SMS 56 T Grind

Edel SMS 60 T Grind

LAB DF 2.1 w/ Stability Shaft

Bridgestone Tour BXS

New user, with my first workout on Monday.

1) can anyone pm me a link to a spreadsheet used to track progress?

2) During my first two workouts, my speed on the first few green standing swings was lower than even my first few blue and red. Assuming the radar is accurate, I guess it is attributable to not warming up enough. Does anyone swing any of the SS clubs at full speed as a warmup? If so, which club and how many swings generally?

I wouldn't personally swing any club full out before warm up. I hit 1/2 wedges in my indoor bay for a while before I start wailing with my SSG club. I have once or twice swung it full out before fully warming up and I am anywhere between 5-15 mph slower than I am after warming up if that helps any. Your speed could also have been peaking early or late relative to the ssr. I recommend swinging at something, like a tee. That helps me.

Thanks! I saw a Graffaloy ProLaunch blue for $10. Wonder how he is selling so cheap?!

EDIT: There are several options for $10!

They have a bunch of old/overstock material and a lot of it comes from TaylorMade. If you peruse through all the shafts they sell, many of them come with a TM tip already on it and many of the shafts are the TM branded graphics (back when TaylorMade was having shafts created to their logo/paint/colors).

I picked up a few shafts there over the winter to test out in my driver - Matrix X-CON6, Matrix Red Tie 6Q3 and a Project X Black - all for like $50.

----> See my current WITB
Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9°, Fujikura VENTUS Red 6 X
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 15° Tensei AV Blue 75 X
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 18° Tensei AV Blue 75 X
Mizuno MP-18 MMC 3 Fli-Hi | 4-PW, Project X LZ 6.5
Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

So I'm trying to formulate how I'm going to create my own sticks and going off of the heavier/lighter %'s, I have the following 3 weights to make:

I rounded the numbers to make them a bit more even and easier to accomplish. I have theee 75x shafts on the way, and I figure once cut and gripped should weigh around the 70-75g weight each. I'm thinking of just ordering three 200g weights, and once bored out adding either lead tape or washers until the weights are correct. I figure this will be easier than messing with different size weights overall.

I'm excited to get this stuff in and start putting it together. I got a SS monitor from a fellow WRX member so once all is said and done I should be in for right around $160ish including the SS monitor. Not too shabby in my book.

Once gripped won't they weigh around 125g? 75g shaft + 50g grip. Are you gonna get calibration weights? I think I recall someone posting that drilling out the weights reduces weight by 15g.

So I'm trying to formulate how I'm going to create my own sticks and going off of the heavier/lighter %'s, I have the following 3 weights to make:

I rounded the numbers to make them a bit more even and easier to accomplish. I have theee 75x shafts on the way, and I figure once cut and gripped should weigh around the 70-75g weight each. I'm thinking of just ordering three 200g weights, and once bored out adding either lead tape or washers until the weights are correct. I figure this will be easier than messing with different size weights overall.

I'm excited to get this stuff in and start putting it together. I got a SS monitor from a fellow WRX member so once all is said and done I should be in for right around $160ish including the SS monitor. Not too shabby in my book.

Once gripped won't they weigh around 125g? 75g shaft + 50g grip. Are you gonna get calibration weights? I think I recall someone posting that drilling out the weights reduces weight by 15g.

yes make sure you weigh every component unless you have 400+ gram red stick like mine. LOL.

yes make sure you weigh every component unless you have 400+ gram red stick like mine. LOL.

How many of the 5/16" x 1 1/2" fender washers did you use for the lightest one?

I wouldn't personally swing any club full out before warm up. I hit 1/2 wedges in my indoor bay for a while before I start wailing with my SSG club. .

It's REALLY important to warm up properly. Lot's of us are pushed for time so try to cut corners by starting the routine before getting properly warmed up. I damaged my shoulder that way and had to stop the process for 3 months to give it time to recover.

How many of the 5/16" x 1 1/2" fender washers did you use for the lightest one?

I can't recall. Upon building my sticks, I only factored weights of washers and shaft. As said before, you wanna buy/borrow digital parcel scale.

However, I wonder if it really matters. I have overweight sticks but the weights are spread out well. I think green is 330, blue is 380 and red is 420. Even then, my ss is fine.

I wouldn't personally swing any club full out before warm up. I hit 1/2 wedges in my indoor bay for a while before I start wailing with my SSG club. .

It's REALLY important to warm up properly. Lot's of us are pushed for time so try to cut corners by starting the routine before getting properly warmed up. I damaged my shoulder that way and had to stop the process for 3 months to give it time to recover.

I agree. I rather stick to the protocol than be sorry.