2018 MLB Thread

Yanki01

The ALC is a mess. The Twins might actually win that division...only to get smoked by the Yankees in the ALDS.

Comedy CentrAL

WITB
Taylormade SIM2 10.5* Ventus Black 6X
Taylormade SIM 19* AD-DI 7X

Taylormade Stealth 3h Ventus Blue 9X
Mizuno MP-69 4-PW Modus 120 S
Vokey SM9 50 - 55 - 60 DGTI S400 

Scotty Cameron GoLo 6

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep and the Sox got out of their sad bed enough to win tonight.

Yanks 22 home games 15 road games

Sox 15 home games 22 road games

Yanks still took 2 out of 3.Yanks v Sox is really the only reg season baseball I watch routinely. Absolutely always some drama going on. I wouldn't be surprised at a 1 game playoff at the end of the season.

But why didn't Didi throw out the sox runner coming home from 3rd with 1 out and score 0-0?

Welll I don't know maybe he thought the Yanks would score 15 more runs..... :swoon: :busted_cop: :pimp: :taunt:

I think you're actually on point Q. But I remember my little league coach telling us that every run you prevent is as if you scored a run. Fundamental baseball.

Was it early in the game Thug? If so, I'm sure they figured they would score more than enough to offset one run. Get the sure out and try to eliminate the big inning.

Yeah 2nd inning I think. But he had the ball in his hand while the runner was not even halfway home. I guess that shows how offense minded the Yanks are.

Don't look now but my Reds are on a 6 game winning streak & just swept the Dodgers, since trading for Harvey. Trying not to get my hopes up. I think its the first time since the 70's the Reds have swept the Dodgers away from home.

Taylormade M2 10.5° [color=#0000ff]Graphite Design AD-BB 7x[/color]
Titleist 913 FD 15° [color=#a9a9a9]Diamana 'Ahina 70x[/color]
Titleist 716 AP2 3 iron [color=#a9a9a9]Accra 110i[/color]
Titleist 716 MB 4-PW [color=#0000ff]Project X 6.0[/color]
Vokey [color=#000000]Jet Black [/color]SM7 52° 56° 60° [color=#000000]S400 Tour Issue Black Onyx[/color]
Scotty Cameron Newport [color=#daa520]Teryllium[/color] Sole Stamp

Lol braves still 9th in the power rankings with the best record in the NL. And we have played the second hardest schedule. Idiots

Titleist 907 D2 w/ V2 67
TM RBZ Stage 2 5W HL 21*
Mizuno MP63 4-PW
Titleist Vokey SM4 52 & 58
Odyssey Tour Fill 2 Ball
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1120495-commerce-tigers-odd-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

Lol braves still 9th in the power rankings with the best record in the NL. And we have played the second hardest schedule. Idiots

mainly click bait and to start discussions. i don't really care for power rankings personally. their record tells their story. Braves are looking good.

915D2 Rogue Silver 60S
915F Rogue Black 80S
915H Rogue Black 85S
712u 4i Recoil F4 110
714 AP2 5-PW Nippon Modus3 Tour 105x
SM6 51.08F | 56.08M | 60.10S
Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 33/350G
restoration on my Mil-Spec

mainly click bait and to start discussions. i don't really care for power rankings personally. their record tells their story. Braves are looking good.

Power rankings? It's a team's record, difficulty shmificulty.

Yanks and Sox still neck and neck. Yanks v Stros for the AL in october and no one from the NL will beat the winner.

Yanks and Sox still neck and neck. Yanks v Stros for the AL in october and no one from the NL will beat the winner.

Okay take away the difficulty and we are still way higher than 9th?

Titleist 907 D2 w/ V2 67
TM RBZ Stage 2 5W HL 21*
Mizuno MP63 4-PW
Odyssey Tour Fill 2 Ball
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1120495-commerce-tigers-odd-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

Okay take away the difficulty and we are still way higher than 9th?

Yeah, 1st place NL East, you can't take that away. They have some good bats. But, it's the NL East, I don't really follow the NL until the end of the season...

Nationals probably the best chance. Solid starting pitching, and if they can juggle things to get Scherzer three starts in a series........

Need another bad so Harper doesn't get walked like 7,000 times this season!

I think the Twins will come around. We've played more interleague games than games in our own (worst in baseball) ALC Division. It's a quarter of the year yet and we have hardly played the Sox, Tigers or Royals.

Also, the best pitcher in baseball the first half of the season (Santana) last year has not pitched a game yet for us, our starting SS (Polanco) was suspended the first half of the season, our most critical power hitter has been injured for a while now (Sano) and our best base runner and defensive out fielder has missed a ton of games this season as well (Buxton).

Not discounting the recent Mauer DL placement...maybe I'm wrong but I think that - assuming all these pieces are back and healthy soon down the road - the Twins should be able to win the ALC. I get that Cleveland is good but it should be a close race between them and us.

Cleveland Launcher DTS 9*
Exotics CB 13*
Ping i3 17*

Callaway Steelhead 3 20*

Nickent 3DX 23*26*29*
MacGregor VIP V-Foil 1025 C - 7-PW
Ping Eye2 51*57.5*
Seemore WGP
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1013287-my-v-foils/"]WITB Link[/url]

Come on Cubs this is like the first half last year. play around .500 ball the first half then turn it on? The starting pitching hasn't been very good, specifically Darvish/Quintana. Lester and Hendricks have been good. Chatwood is wild as HELL, but has shown pretty good stuff. They need Darvish/Quintana/Chatwood to average 6 innings per start the rest of the way and they will be fine. It is those 4 inning or 5 inning outings that kill the bullpen, which isn't great to begin with IMO.

The lineup will be fine IMO, as Schwarber is playing much better this year and will have some huge stretches coming up I think. Bryant is solid as always, Rizzo has struggled, but that won't last all year. He will end up around .280 with 30 homers and 100 RBI's I think.

The real swing players will be Baez (if he can keep it up, and I think he can), Contreras who has been good, and Russell. Russell has hit better of late and plays solid defense. Baez and Contreras have both booted the ball around thus far, but have huge defensive potential.

Heyward will never been a plus hitter, but with his defense if he can hit .250 with a .333 or better OBP then I'm happy.

Go Cubs Go

I'm glad someone else has to put up with Darvish this year. He cost the Dodgers the series last year.

Fortunately the Twins didn't win that battle. We always have bad luck with pitchers it seems so it's nice that we actually didn't get him. It's bad enough the way Lynn has pitched (among others).

Cleveland Launcher DTS 9*
Exotics CB 13*
Ping i3 17*

Callaway Steelhead 3 20*

Nickent 3DX 23*26*29*
MacGregor VIP V-Foil 1025 C - 7-PW
Ping Eye2 51*57.5*
Seemore WGP
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1013287-my-v-foils/"]WITB Link[/url]

Lol. The braves take 3 of 4 from the nats for a 1.5 game lead in the division. And then move behind the nats in the power rankings. What a joke

Titleist 907 D2 w/ V2 67
TM RBZ Stage 2 5W HL 21*
Mizuno MP63 4-PW
Odyssey Tour Fill 2 Ball

Lol. The braves take 3 of 4 from the nats for a 1.5 game lead in the division. And then move behind the nats in the power rankings. What a joke

Yeah that is a joke. Power rankings in general are, but can’t help looking at them. Astros are #1 on ESPN which is the least respectable source of baseball talk. They are 4-6 in their last 10 and have gotten spanked by both Yankees and Sox in those 10 games, yet they are ranked above them?

PING G25

PING G25 4W

TaylorMade Burner 3H

PING i200 4 - U

Cleveland RTX 2.0 54°, 58°

Mizuno MCraft II

Bleacher Report's power rankings for the week have the Braves at 5 (best NL team)

PING G25

PING G25 4W

TaylorMade Burner 3H

PING i200 4 - U

Mizuno MCraft II

OK, what the frick is a power ranking? All you need to do is look at a team's record and watch them play to know how good they are. Who needs power rankings..this analytics stuff is getting out of hand.

“Exit velocity”. Who cares!

Seems like they come up with a new stat everyday to make someone look good.

“He’s the top hitter in the league in day games that follow a full moon when facing a left handed pitcher who is under 6’1” and is a Virgo”! Sheesh.

OK, what the frick is a power ranking? All you need to do is look at a team's record and watch them play to know how good they are. Who needs power rankings..this analytics stuff is getting out of hand.

Hardly an analytic or nerdy saber metric stat. Simply put, different outlets weekly ranking the best teams in a sport based off of record and strength of schedule for the week. They are meaningless, but if you are a fan of a good team, its likely you will click on it to see where they think you stack up.

And I'm with you on the ridiculous amounts of analytics in the game today and more importantly in the front office of most organizations. I don't want a statistician from Harvard scouting. I want baseball people who have been around the game since they were kids.

PING G25

PING G25 4W

TaylorMade Burner 3H

PING i200 4 - U

Mizuno MCraft II

• 2 months later...

Man, the quest for playoff spots is heating up in both leagues. Boston is stumbling a bit and if NY weren't injured they might be even by now. Meanwhile, where the frick did Oakland come from? The Stros are actually looking over their shoulders when they were ahead by a million games only a couple months ago.

Then, there's the NL. Holy Cow, 8 teams, each of which could take their division title/wildcard. I don't have a dog in the NL fight but I think the Cubbies are gonna get there again. Cubs/Yanks world series. Gonna be great!

This is the best time of year for baseball. Screw football.

In the NL I agree with the Cubs being the favorites. Cardinals are getting hot. Diamondbacks just keep winning while the Rockies hang close.

Dodgers just are playing terrible baseball but are still only a couple games back and are still insanely talented. Dave Roberts doesn’t seem to have any feel for the game. Too much by the analytics book.

In the NL I agree with the Cubs being the favorites. Cardinals are getting hot. Diamondbacks just keep winning while the Rockies hang close.

Dodgers just are playing terrible baseball but are still only a couple games back and are still insanely talented. Dave Roberts doesn’t seem to have any feel for the game. Too much by the analytics book.

I'm a Rockies fan. It is good to see us still alive, but I don't think they will hang in long enough. I don't think the Dodgers are going to catch the danger noodles either.

Ping G430 Max KaiLi White 60 Stiff (9 degree)
Cobra King RAD 3 Wood Fujikura Motore X F3 Stiff (14.5 degree setting)
Mizuno CLK Hybrid (19 and 22 degree, I swap them out depending on the wind in the parking lot)

Mizuno JPX-921 Hot Metal Pro 4-5 Irons - KBS Tour Regular Flex Steel Shafts

Mizuno JPX-921 Forged 6 Iron - G Wedge - KBS Tour Regular Flex Steel Shafts 
Titleist SM9 54 and 58 
Scotty Cameron Phantom X6 CS (34")