Shot Scope V2 - GPS Watch with Tracking

Could someone who has received it please post a pic or two of the unit when wristmounted? I.e. to get a grasp of the bulkiness & fit, both topview and sideview (height & width)

For me, the firmware needs to work OK (but winter here in Sweden gives them plenty of time to sort that crap out), but the unit size is also a possible deterrent.

[size=2]D: Titleist 913D2 - 3W: Callaway X2 Hot Deep - 3H: Titleist 913H - Irons: Wilson Staff FG Tour V2 - Wedges: Mizuno MP-T - Putter: Rife Aussie Blade[/size]
[size=2]Profile [url="http://www.gamegolf.com/player/marten"]@gamegolf[/url][/size]

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Make sure you download course before hand, turn on only at the course, pick start round, it should scroll the name of the course on the watch, pick GPS+Track in upper right hand corner and play. ITs important to only turn on at the course. Turn off and back on if you turn it on before hand. Give it time to acquire signal if its your first time, up to ten minutes

As for picture on wrist. Its about 1cm thick I think

• 3 weeks later...

Any further updates? Hope to use mine for the first time tomorrow.

I do not own a computer, only an iPad Pro and an iPhone... am I going to be missing some of the usability of the unit? Notice it talks about the desktop in the instructions.... for example, can't seem to find anywhere in the app to name my clubs etc..

Cheers

Any further updates? Hope to use mine for the first time tomorrow.

I do not own a computer, only an iPad Pro and an iPhone... am I going to be missing some of the usability of the unit? Notice it talks about the desktop in the instructions.... for example, can't seem to find anywhere in the app to name my clubs etc..

Cheers

you can use your ipad/phone for everything Use the app to add your courses to the unit, then use your browser on your ipad to log into the shotscope website where you can edit your round and set up the clubs you have The editing can only be done on he website using a browser and not the app at the moment

So finally had a chance to try out the watch. Pre-loaded a bunch of courses around me plus a few in Pinehurst as that was where I was going. Played Mid Pines on Thursday. Course was pre-loaded. Get to the course and it takes forever to find a satellite. Turns out it cant find the course because the map was missing? Turns out the only map that pre-loaded successfully was Dormie. Tried using it there but the battery was dead.

Issues I seem to be having

Desktop app is saying maps are pre-loaded and ready to use. Watch is disagreeing

Can't seem to upgrade the firmware. It says it upgraded but when I look at last updated it says never. My firmware version is 1.2.2

Battery dies very quickly. Even if I try to shut the watch down with full power; the watch will still run out of power.

The tabs are very loose on my clubs. Have already lost one.

Size of the watch is not a concern. It is a little large but not something that bothers me

TM Sim 9.0
TM Sim 3WTi
TM Sim 3H

PXG XF 5-PW KBS TGI Graphite Reg
Cleveland CBX2 48/54/58 KBS
Byron Morgan GSS DH-89
www.gamegolf.com/player/Chunkylover77

I happen to be in the very same area it seems as ^^^^ that guy playing the same exact courses. I got to use the Garmin S60 finally and it worked flawlessly. At least once I figured out how to jump to a hole if you didnt start on hole one. Very happy I returned the Shot Scope as I never got it to work correctly as the S60 worked great.

I'm just sitting here in the snow hoping some updates will make this a better product by April.

Connecting to GPS, battery life, tags fallout out...not the problems I thought they'd have out of the gate. Probably thinking of returning, too good to be true?

Edit: Return policy is 14 days upon receipt of product so that's out the door..

Edit: Return policy is 14 days upon receipt of product so that's out the door..

WOW.... all I can say.

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Taylormade M2[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Nike Sumo 3w, 5w[/size][/font][/color]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#a4a4a4][size=2]Nike CPR 26*[/size][/color][/font]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Mizuno JPX-EZ Forged, 5-PW[/size][/font][/color]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#a4a4a4][size=2]Cleveland 588 RTX 50,54,58[/size][/color][/font]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Scotty Futura X7M DB[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Precision Pro NX7 Pro[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Arccos Game Tracker[/size][/font][/color]

• 2 weeks later...

I just received mine and play 18 today. Worked flawlessly for me and i used bluetooth sync'ing for both course downloads and my round thru my IPAD. It identified the satellites in 5 minutes or less and it captured every real swing throughout the 18 holes. I was testing this out with practice swings and it was great. It did not record any practice swings but only real swings. I have used the V1 in 2017 and i really enjoyed the GPS data on the V2.

I have used 3 different Garmin devices - S6, S20 and X40. My kids took the S6 and X40 now and i will use this. I think this is much easier to view rounds and edit than the horrible Garmin website that i absolutely hated.

I dont believe you will get 8 hours of battery life with GPS mode but i think you will get two rounds before having to charge it.

The GPS distances were really good and i compared it with my laser - pretty spot on across every hole I checked.

The sync of the round thru bluetooth took less then 3 minutes and i was viewing my round immediately. I liked how you sync thru ipad but can view on any PC with your user ID and PW on the shotscope website.

I have asked about this several times but just don't know why no company would allow you to capture what ball you are using. It is equipment, is it not? That is valuable information considering all the great balls out there now would love to see how they compare during a round against each other.

Driver: Titleist TSR4 - Folds of Honor Ventura Blue TR
Fairway: Taylormade Stealth 2 16.5 - Tour UB TX

7 Wood: PXG Gen 5 7 wood - AD XS

Hybrid: PXG Gen 6 22* 4 - Tour AD 95x
Irons:   PXG 0317 CB 5-G - Steelfiber Reserve 110cw
Wedges:  TaylorMade MG3 54* / Taylormade Hi Toe 58* - KBS TGI
Putter: 1st - Low Tide Stability BLACK / Odyssey Tank Stability Black CounterBalance / Goodwood M6
Ball: Titleist -Prov1x, 2022 AVX, Tour B XS, TP5x  (Left Dash is number 1 ball but Bridgestone XS is close second)  

• 1 month later...

Anybody had battery issues with this?

I haven't used it yet besides connecting and adding some courses out of the box when I first received it. It has been sitting idle with the battery drained. Gave it a full charge last night and 7 hours later it was down to 55%.

It wasn't connecting to GPS or doing anything at all. 45% discharge over 7 hours while standby doesn't seem right.

Anybody had battery issues with this?

I haven't used it yet besides connecting and adding some courses out of the box when I first received it. It has been sitting idle with the battery drained. Gave it a full charge last night and 7 hours later it was down to 55%.

It wasn't connecting to GPS or doing anything at all. 45% discharge over 7 hours while standby doesn't seem right.

Answer from Shot-Scope is that I should expect that kind of battery life until a firmware fix comes in. Also just realized they sent me a faulty USB cable so I couldn't connect to desktop and update firmware. Now I'm on whatever update has been pushed out most recently. Hopefully its an improvement.

The whole thing smells like they shipped an unfinished product.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

They keep releasing new features! Added editing capabilities to their mobile apps today which is pretty useful for the occasional mishap.

Have to say I have been really impressed with V2, haven't used it in a club comp yet because of the weather but in bounce games the accuracy for distances has been spot on and performance tracking is pretty much as flawless as you can get.

Noticed listing on a few UK retailers as well so they must be starting to get some traction. Surprised WRX doesn't do a technology section or review of this as it is such an interesting segment.

Got mine last week and have used it three times. The course I play has 3 nines, the middle nine had 3 holes that were mislabeled related to the par. Emailed customer service and they fixed it in one day. I checked the accuracy against my Garmin s20 and FMB were always within 2 yards if each other. I actually like the readability of the hazard features of the Shotscope over the s20. Excellent product and interesting short game numbers, I am not living up to my name.

Hi JDang,

Nice tease there... Can you give us an update on your impression and any pics of the GPS while on your "girly" wrists?

Thanks and look forward to hearing what you have to say.

Just got one and will put it to the test tomorrow.

I have tiny wrists. Girly wrists. It's not as bulky as I thought. Sure, it's no swatch watch, but it's fine.

It's not heavy. I do forget to collect the pins when we're playing "ready golf." Which is almost every time since I'm not good and need to hurry up :D

It's not 100% accurate on collecting shots and I don't always remember where I took a shot or what club so that's a problem. When you take 100 shots it's harder than when you take 75. But for now I just want to get a general idea of how far I hit my good shots so those I'll remember as there aren't too many of those!

My driver went from 200 up to 227 after my swing speed workouts so that's really want I like to track. When I make my way to single digits all this data will be very useful. But for now, I just want to know how far I'm hitting my good shots.

The new dashboard feature is awesome compared to their old dashboard, now this thing is becoming useful.

They have a demo account where you can see the dashboard ... give it a try

https://shotscope.com/demo-account/

Not very impressed with their new hazards option on the device, for a lot of courses I play, it does not have the hazards mapped out, so shows up as no hazards on holes which clearly have bunkers and water.

They just released the 'hazards' thing right? I'm sure you can email them to let them know about all the missing hazards for your course and they'll fix it pretty quickly.

It's amazing a company like this can stay in business with the exceptional customer service and product reviews I've seen so far. I feel like the costs would be exponential. Definitely a lot of companies that could learn from them.....

I will have one of these in the very near future for sure!!

The new dashboard feature is awesome compared to their old dashboard, now this thing is becoming useful.

They have a demo account where you can see the dashboard ... give it a try

https://shotscope.com/demo-account/

Not very impressed with their new hazards option on the device, for a lot of courses I play, it does not have the hazards mapped out, so shows up as no hazards on holes which clearly have bunkers and water.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Does the Shotscope App calculate and track your handicap? Or do you have to take the individual round data and plug it into another app such as 18birdies?

I do not think it has s handicap tracker.

What's In My Bag:

Driver - Titleist TS3 - Tensei Blue Stiff
3W - Titleist TS2 - Kuro Cage Stiff
3H - Titleist 818 H2 - 19 - Tensei Blue Stiff
4H - Titleist 818 H2 - 21 - Tensei Blue Stiff
5i - 48 Gap - Titleist 718 AP3
Wedges - Titleist Vokey SM7 53 S Grind & 58 M Grind
Putter - Scotty Cameron Futura 5M
Bag - Titleist Players 5 Stand bag
Ball - Titleist AVX
Glove - FootJoy Rain Glove
Watch - Apple Watch 2nd Generation with The Grint App, Shot Scope V2
Laser - Bushnell Tour Z6 Jolt
ClicGear 3.5+ - Blued Out!
======================================
The Grint - Club Chairman / Grint Tour Director - North Texas

Got out on the course today for the first time with this early this morning.

Fit wise, it's not as comfortable to wear as the Skycaddie Linx GT I had previously. The band has a more plastic feel and is hard to maneuver. That being said, it fits okay. I have a smaller wrist. Size wise, it's not ginormous....and after a few holes of messing with it to get it to fit right, it was fine.

GPS wise, it found the course in about 15 seconds. From there it was just swing. It had no issue tracking anything, which was amazing to me. The only thing you really have to do is to choose how many putts you had, while standing at the hole....which I only forgot one time. Other than that, this thing does everything on it's own. It's easy to see and distances were fantastic. Distances to hazards I still have to get used to as it seemed to struggle a tiny bit when there are multiple hazards in an area. I wasn't quite sure which point it was measuring to. But front/back/middle, it was great. The screen is extremely easy to see which is nice.

I did have to make a few corrections as I hit one OB on 9 and didn't quite understand how to use the Provisional/Out Of Bounds/Penalty aspect of it....but that shouldn't be any problem moving forward. It was very easy to make those changes and look at everything through the app on my phone. The app itself is solid and easy to use. Really cool how well the map appears. I requested my home course be mapped and the next day, it was done. How great is that?!?!? Seems like it does keep your average score....although I'm not sure if it's for each course or overall. I'll see as I use it more throughout the season.

Overall, it was pretty cool to use. I was surprised at how well it tracked everything. I kept a scorecard with fairways/GIR's/putts and it was correct on all of them. For my round, I went through about 50% of the battery...in about 3 hours. Not too shabby.

I honestly can't wait to get back out and try it again tomorrow morning! :-)

If you're on the fence and want to have GPS and game performance tracking, you've gotta give this thing a try! And you have 4 weeks to send it back if you don't like it....but I doubt that'll be the case. Very cool product.

Took my v2 out on the course today for the first time. Worked beautifully--accurate GPS and great to have the stats after the round. No problems using the watch. Course loaded onto the watch and synched onto the phone just fine. Putting feature worked well. Had been thinking about the new Game Golf Pro that's supposed to come out, but have seen no indication of a release date so decided not to wait. So far, quite happy with the decision.

I've got a few rounds in with mine so far and I have to say this thing is fantastic! It's tracked everything flawlessly. The putting feature is so easy to use. I thought the watch was a little on the bulky side, but I haven't noticed it whatsoever. The phone app is super easy. Downloading courses is a breeze. Stats are great. It's just fantastic. Highly recommend one if you've been thinking about it.