Best Golf Watch for small town courses

goosekee2 ·  
goosekee2goosekee2 Clarion, IowaMembers  226WRX Points: 61Handicap: 4Posts: 226 Fairways
Am looking at upgrading to a new golf gps watch and was curious for input for the best watch nowadays for a small town course. The main thing I am looking for is the most accurate on distance. I have liked Garmin in the past but wanted some input on what other people liked.
Posted:
  • TaylorMade M6 D-Type 9*
  • Cobra F7 3 Wood
  • TaylorMade M4 HL 5 Wood
  • TaylorMade P790 4-PW
  • Ping Glide 2 50*
  • Titleist Vokey SM5 54*
  • Titleist Vokey SM7 60*
  • Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Comments

• SmashdcrabSmashdcrab Members  173WRX Points: 0Posts: 173
    My understanding is that consumer grade GPS is only good for approx +/- 4 yards. I think if you want to be more accurate than that , you pretty much need laser rangefinder. I find the accuracy of GPS good enough for my game and I currently use Garmin S6. I like Garmin particularly for their ease of use. Some of the other brands I found to be quite clumsy in their user interface interaction. When my S6 no longer holds a charge, I plan to replace it with another Garmin. Possibly the S60, but I like the look of the Fenix 5 also.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • nupezbnupezb Members  70WRX Points: 48Posts: 70 Bunkers
    goosekee2 wrote:
    Am looking at upgrading to a new golf gps watch and was curious for input for the best watch nowadays for a small town course. The main thing I am looking for is the most accurate on distance. I have liked Garmin in the past but wanted some input on what other people liked.
    <br />
    <br />
    I would recommend the Garmin S20. I see it’s going for $129. (Which probably means there is a new model coming soon). It very accurate, huge database of course preloaded (easy to load a new course if needed), and extremely light weight. I wear my watch daily for step tracking. My playing partners will usually as me for a quick yardage check even though they have range finders. Nothing is wrong with a range finder, but it’s easier to glance at your wrist than to pull out a device.
    Posted:
    King F8 Volition Driver Blue Camo
    Cleveland 588 Fairway 3 wood
    King F8 One Length Hybrid 19°
    King F8 One Length Hybrid 25°
    Mizuno JPX-900 Hot Metal 4-GW
    Titleist Vokey 52°
    Titleist Vokey 55°
    Titleist Vokey 60°
    Cleveland Huntington Beach 4 Putter
    Snell MTB
    MG Tour C4
    Precision Pro NX7

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.