Best Golf Watch for small town courses

goosekee2goosekee2 Clarion, IowaMembers Posts: 197 ✭✭
Am looking at upgrading to a new golf gps watch and was curious for input for the best watch nowadays for a small town course. The main thing I am looking for is the most accurate on distance. I have liked Garmin in the past but wanted some input on what other people liked.
TaylorMade M3 9.5
Cobra F7 3 Wood
Titleist 718 T-MB 3 Iron
Nike Vapor Speed 4-GW
Titleist Vokey SM5 54*
Titleit Vokey SM7 60*
Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Comments

• SmashdcrabSmashdcrab Members Posts: 173
    My understanding is that consumer grade GPS is only good for approx +/- 4 yards. I think if you want to be more accurate than that , you pretty much need laser rangefinder. I find the accuracy of GPS good enough for my game and I currently use Garmin S6. I like Garmin particularly for their ease of use. Some of the other brands I found to be quite clumsy in their user interface interaction. When my S6 no longer holds a charge, I plan to replace it with another Garmin. Possibly the S60, but I like the look of the Fenix 5 also.
  • nupezbnupezb Members Posts: 67 ✭✭
    goosekee2 wrote:
    Am looking at upgrading to a new golf gps watch and was curious for input for the best watch nowadays for a small town course. The main thing I am looking for is the most accurate on distance. I have liked Garmin in the past but wanted some input on what other people liked.

I would recommend the Garmin S20. I see it’s going for $129. (Which probably means there is a new model coming soon). It very accurate, huge database of course preloaded (easy to load a new course if needed), and extremely light weight. I wear my watch daily for step tracking. My playing partners will usually as me for a quick yardage check even though they have range finders. Nothing is wrong with a range finder, but it’s easier to glance at your wrist than to pull out a device.
    King F8 Volition Driver Blue Camo
    Cleveland 588 Fairway 3 wood

King F8 One Length Hybrid 19°
    King F8 One Length Hybrid 25°
    Mizuno JPX-900 Hot Metal 4-GW
    Titleist Vokey 52°

Titleist Vokey 55°
    Titleist Vokey 60°
    Cleveland Huntington Beach 4 Putter
    Snell MTB

MG Tour C4
    Precision Pro NX7