ClubCorp Travel Membership...any thoughts???

Have been looking at the ClubCorp Travel membership recently and was hoping to get some feedback from any WRXers that are either current or past members. Basically I'd pay $50/month for the following, with the only restrictions being that I can't use the membership within 100 miles of my "residence", any guests I play with don't get the discount, and my lady can't use the membership until we're married.

• Two free* green fees per club, each month at more than 200 country clubs (*only have to pay cart fees when playing)
  • Two free* 4-course meals per club, each month at business clubs (*only have to pay tax and 20% gratuity when eating)
  • Complimentary* access to loaner/rental clubs (*if available/offered)
  • 21-day advanced tee times (have to book thru ClubCorp's "Clubline" via phone or email)
  • Access to pools and tennis courts at clubs across the country
  • Special offerings at more than 1,000 hotels, resorts and restaurants (mostly just discounted room rates/specials from certain companies)

I've heard that some courses are a bit more difficult in terms of offering tee time availability to ClubCorp members, but this membership seems too good to be true. I'm headed to the Pinehurst/Charlotte areas this August, and Charleston, SC and San Diego, CA later this year. Between being able to play Pinehurst #9 twice for only $35 bucks per round (rack rate is $235) and the courses offered in San Diego and Charleston, I figure I'd easily make back the $600 I'd pay in the first year, without using any of the meals offered.

Anyways, wanted to see what others thought. I've read the other threads on here about the membership, but wanted to ask. Much appreciated.

STEALTH 2 Tour AD DI 6X //  SIM Oban Devotion 65-04 //  699 v2 MMT105s //  JB Full Groove MMT105w //  TOULON ATLANTA //  Vice Pro+

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been a member since February of this year and already got my value. Have played two courses in Vegas and one in Pittsburgh all for a reasonable cart fee (total of 5 rounds including family). Had no problems getting a tee time at those courses with a little bit of flexibility. All three were quality courses and the staff were very accommodating. Enjoyed one free meal so far in Chicago. Work travel circumstances have not brought me closer to the city clubs. I will also dine at the Country Clubs even if I do not get a free meal. There is a nice club with excellent food near one of my work travel locations. Have had a few nice meals this way and I feel like I support the program. My next plan is to go away for a golf weekend with the son, perhaps the Washington DC area.

My home club was recently bought by local investors and they have not announced any plans regarding a management company or adding an affiliate program that would allow me the opportunity to play other private clubs. If they did add some kind of network program, I would reconsider my travel membership. But so far I really enjoy ClubCorp travel.

I have been a member since February of this year and already got my value. Have played two courses in Vegas and one in Pittsburgh all for a reasonable cart fee (total of 5 rounds including family). Had no problems getting a tee time at those courses with a little bit of flexibility. All three were quality courses and the staff were very accommodating. Enjoyed one free meal so far in Chicago. Work travel circumstances have not brought me closer to the city clubs. I will also dine at the Country Clubs even if I do not get a free meal. There is a nice club with excellent food near one of my work travel locations. Have had a few nice meals this way and I feel like I support the program. My next plan is to go away for a golf weekend with the son, perhaps the Washington DC area.

My home club was recently bought by local investors and they have not announced any plans regarding a management company or adding an affiliate program that would allow me the opportunity to play other private clubs. If they did add some kind of network program, I would reconsider my travel membership. But so far I really enjoy ClubCorp travel.

You’re proving the value to clubcorp. Limited incremental cost to you playing, they probably cover whatever cost they have with your cart fee. More importantly, you’re buying some food and beer afterwards and you’re paying your $50 dues. Your happy as you get a nice private experience when you’re on the road. Always good to see a business model where the customer and the seller get real value.

I am a clubcorp member and 3 of my buddies signed up for this program because we will take a couple trips every year. I would get them on as guests at the private courses but they had to pay the rack rate. I explained this program to them and they jumped on it and have played a few more rounds and have easily covered the cost.

But dont you get 2 complimentary rounds at each course?

Only ClubCorp Travel members can use the "2 complimentary rounds" I believe. So any non-members have to pay the guest rate (so green fee plus cart fee).

STEALTH 2 Tour AD DI 6X //  SIM Oban Devotion 65-04 //  699 v2 MMT105s //  JB Full Groove MMT105w //  TOULON ATLANTA //  Vice Pro+

i think there was a whole other thread on this topic from earlier in 2018. i think gist was that it's more than $50 a month if you live in certain cities and there are restrictions as to playing places within 100 or 200 miles of your home address. can anyone confirm?

I signed up last week. $50 per month, and all of the stuff I listed in the OP. Playing the Old Course at the Omni Bedford Springs in PA next weekend. Rack rate is $185 and I'm only paying $35. Clubline was easy to book thru and even had to change the tee time and it was easy. So far so good.

i think there was a whole other thread on this topic from earlier in 2018. i think gist was that it's more than $50 a month if you live in certain cities and there are restrictions as to playing places within 100 or 200 miles of your home address. can anyone confirm?

I signed up last week. $50 per month, and all of the stuff I listed in the OP. Playing the Old Course at the Omni Bedford Springs in PA next weekend. Rack rate is $185 and I'm only paying $35. Clubline was easy to book thru and even had to change the tee time and it was easy. So far so good.

Thanks Rob! Keep us posted on your experiences. I'm traveling almost weekly for work now and really considering this if they actually provide the services described. I guess I'm so used to being screwed over by airline and other programs that I'm a skeptic now.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Rob! Keep us posted on your experiences. I'm traveling almost weekly for work now and really considering this if they actually provide the services described. I guess I'm so used to being screwed over by airline and other programs that I'm a skeptic now.

Update: Played the Old Course at Omni Bedford Springs on Saturday using ClubCorp Travel. Was pleasantly surprised it was a Donald Ross and A.W. Tillinghast track. Payed $37.10 to play (cart fee + tax) and the rack rate was $185. They had nobody on the course so they let me push my tee time back so I had some more time to warm up. Ended up joining their assistant pro and friend a few holes in as I'd rather play with people than by myself and he was shocked I got out for what I did. So far so good.

Update: Played the Old Course at Omni Bedford Springs on Saturday using ClubCorp Travel. Was pleasantly surprised it was a Donald Ross and A.W. Tillinghast track. Payed $37.10 to play (cart fee + tax) and the rack rate was $185. They had nobody on the course so they let me push my tee time back so I had some more time to warm up. Ended up joining their assistant pro and friend a few holes in as I'd rather play with people than by myself and he was shocked I got out for what I did. So far so good.

That is worth the $50 a month just to go up and play that course once a month. Well done!

• 2 weeks later...

Rob, thanks for posting that Omni Bedford Springs picture. This is on the way to drop off my son at college so we might have to stop and play! We played at Diamond Run in Pittsburgh when I picked him up. It was a fun Gary Player course.

We are planning our annual weekend golf outing and will be visiting the Washington DC area. On my list is River Creek and Norbeck. Any experience? Will also visit the Tower Club in Tysons Corner for dinner.

For work travel over the next couple of weeks I plan on visiting the Boston College Club and the Tower Club in Ft. Lauderdale for meals.

It is a great program.

Rob, thanks for posting that Omni Bedford Springs picture. This is on the way to drop off my son at college so we might have to stop and play! We played at Diamond Run in Pittsburgh when I picked him up. It was a fun Gary Player course.

We are planning our annual weekend golf outing and will be visiting the Washington DC area. On my list is River Creek and Norbeck. Any experience? Will also visit the Tower Club in Tysons Corner for dinner.

For work travel over the next couple of weeks I plan on visiting the Boston College Club and the Tower Club in Ft. Lauderdale for meals.

It is a great program.

Hey thebdk, unfortunately I haven't played River Creek or Norbeck, but from what I've heard, I'd definitely play The Piedmont Club in Haymarket, VA (about 45min to and hour from downtown DC). Unfortunately all of those are within my "100 radius" of my residence so I don't get to enjoy them. Other non-ClubCorp courses in the area I'd recommend are PB Dye, Whiskey Creek, and Maryland National. Have fun!

It is a great program.

Hey thebdk, unfortunately I haven't played River Creek or Norbeck, but from what I've heard, I'd definitely play The Piedmont Club in Haymarket, VA (about 45min to and hour from downtown DC). Unfortunately all of those are within my "100 radius" of my residence so I don't get to enjoy them. Other non-ClubCorp courses in the area I'd recommend are PB Dye, Whiskey Creek, and Maryland National. Have fun!

I was a member at both Piedmont and Norbeck at one point over the past 4 years. Norbeck is nice, I recommend it. Old Parkland style course.

Piedmont is a better layout than River Creek in my opinion, but you do get a few holes at River Creek away from the houses. Piedmont is entirely routed through neighborhoods.

There are two holes at River Creek where you have to tee off with a 5 iron to lay up short of a hazard. That always annoyed me.

But really when you're paying only the cart fee, you can't go wrong no matter what you choose.

Yea, seriously you can save like $200 with one round at Bear's Best in Las Vegas. Plus they do a free Sunday brunch at the house of blues for the CCT members. Plus, if you play twice you save like $400 in 2 days and the whole thing is $600 for the year. "Programs" have always made me skeptic but so far it's like I'm stealing from them. They also have some private clubs you can go play, but they don't do just the cart fee, but still a private club I can get on and pay a preferred rate. Here's a picture from my trip last winter to Breakers West Country Club in W Palm Beach. cost me $100 and this Rees Jones is one of the best I've ever played.

Forgot to update... when I signed up a month or so ago for CCT, they had no issue with me registering my girlfriend as my "spouse". Even called them about it and they were fine. Also, just got an email from ClubCorp announcing they're bringing back their guest promotion:

• 2 weeks later...

Forgot to update... when I signed up a month or so ago for CCT, they had no issue with me registering my girlfriend as my "spouse". Even called them about it and they were fine. Also, just got an email from ClubCorp announcing they're bringing back their guest promotion:

does the promo only apply to 1 golfer if you have multiple guests? Can you use the promo everytime you play (2xs at each course a month)?

Thanks

does the promo only apply to 1 golfer if you have multiple guests? Can you use the promo everytime you play (2xs at each course a month)?

I think the guest promo only applies to one guest who is accompanying you. And from the looks of it you can use it every time you play in July and August.

I contacted them about this promotion and was disappointed to find out that you can use it for one guest, once a month during July and August. So basically one buddy a month total. Still better than nothing. The membership is still a great deal.

Titleist 8.5* TS3 Project X Evenflow Blue 65g Stiff
Titleist 15* TS2 3W Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 65 Stiff
Titleist 19* TS2 Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 75 Stiff 
Callaway Apex 19 4-AW TT Elevate 95 Stiff
Cobra King Pur Wedge 50* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Cleveland CBX Wedge 60* TT 115g
 Odyssey V Line Arm Lock Putter

I contacted them about this promotion and was disappointed to find out that you can use it for one guest, once a month during July and August. So basically one buddy a month total. Still better than nothing. The membership is still a great deal.

Thanks for the heads up GeorgeL! Much appreciated