Levv Golf App

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What phone are you using?

Woods: Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 9*, Ventus Blue 6S / TM Stealth Plus+, 15*, MCA Diamana Thump 75S
Hybrid: PXG 0317 X Proto 3H & 4H, Ventus Blue 7S

Irons: Takomo IRON 101, 5-PW, Accra T90i S
Wedges: Cleveland CBX ZipCore  48* Accra T90i S, 53* & 58*, Accra T100i S
Putter: Evnroll ER 1.2, Tour KBS GPS, 33",
 SuperStroke MidSlim 2.0
Ball: Maxfli Tour
Bag/Cart: '20 Nike Air Hybrid 2 / Clicgear 4.0 / Alphard Club Booster V2 / V2 Swivel Kit
Accessories: Arccos 360 / Garmin G80 / Nikon Coolshot Pro Stabilized

Has anyone used this app yet? I tried yesterday and could not get it to give me any readings. I followed the instructions on placement of the phone but nothing. Help...

Im hoping to get out to the range this afternoon. I will let you know how it works out. Did you play for the Pro version?

Woods: Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 9*, Ventus Blue 6S / TM Stealth Plus+, 15*, MCA Diamana Thump 75S

SuperStroke MidSlim 2.0
Bag/Cart: '20 Nike Air Hybrid 2 / Clicgear 4.0 / Alphard Club Booster V2 / V2 Swivel Kit

I did get to use it on the range. We were hitting of mats today. I hit about 10 PW shots and it picked up 9 out of 10. But it did not give me any distance. It did provide Launch, ball speed, spin and height, but no distance, carry nor total. I assume that this was because I was using the free (non Pro) version. Of course I couldn't review any items after I stopped the session. I hit about 2 or 3 driver shots as well. Again, picked them all up, but no distance.

It was easy enough to setup. I followed the instructions on their videos. I may subscribe for the 7 day free trail and see the full app.

Also I was using wireless earbuds, But I don't think that made a difference.

SuperStroke MidSlim 2.0

I know this seems a little silly, but are you using the rear mounted camera on your phone, the voice feedback is there because you cant see the screen of your phone, distances and voice feedback only unlocks once you’re on the paid version. Setup is 3.8 feet away from the camera and only about 2 feet back, also make sure your volume is all the way up

For those with the paid versions, can you add details about clubs. For example can you adjust loft and length? Or maybe this wouldn't matter anyway as they may not be used in the calcs. Is the list manageable, i.e. delete some clubs from the list. The list is long and I would like to limit it to the 13 clubs that I have in the bag.

SuperStroke MidSlim 2.0

For those with the paid versions, can you add details about clubs. For example can you adjust loft and length? Or maybe this wouldn't matter anyway as they may not be used in the calcs. Is the list manageable, i.e. delete some clubs from the list. The list is long and I would like to limit it to the 13 clubs that I have in the bag.

I just downloaded yesterday and signed up for one month of the paid version and have been fiddling with the app. There doesn't seem to be a way to clean up the club list. I was hoping to be able to do the same thing because just seeing the word 1 iron on there is scaring me...

I used this app today. There are two playing modes to use “Quickshot†and “Sessionâ€.

Quickshot is the free to use and it will not save data. I used the “Quickshot†mode and was disappointed that Carry and Total Distance wasn’t displayed. When I got home, I contacted their customer support and was informed “In order to get your Carry and Total Distance readings you need to sign up for a Pro Subscription.â€

LEVV’s pro prices are $3.99 a month or $34.99 per year. They offer a 7 day free trail once you sign up.

The jury is still out on how accurate this app is.

One the plus side, their customer service is pretty responsive.

27aeac3f9f8fe660dd8a494386a2456b.jpg

Before I see any reviews with a comparison with data from other LM (TM, Flightscope, GC2/4) I wouldn't trust any of the data they are coming up with. The ball fight model would be tricky to get right and I can't see how a single (2-D) camera with 120fps will be good enough. It doesn't have any depth perception, that means a shot that starts at target would show a different ball speed/carry than a shot with the exact same ball speed that was launched a few degrees off target (not sure how significant that would be though). GC2/4 uses stereoscopic cameras for example.

According to the Nyquist sampling theorem you need to sample with at least twice the frequency of the signal you are observing. In this case the 'signal' is the spinning of the golf ball and the sampling is the taking pictures. So if e.g. the ball has a spin rate of 7000 rpm that would be about 116 rotations per second. If you would want to sample that you would need to sample with at least 2x116=232 samples (pictures) per second. The iPhone camera only does 120fps though. So you will only be accurate with shots that spin less than 3600 rpm (e.g. driver). GC2 uses 10,000 fps.

I would be surprised if the data is consistently within 10% of other LMs.

Ok I was able to use this app on the range today. Bottom line up front: it’s not ready for primetime.

Out of the 50 balls that I hit it pick up data on 19 shots. I had to throw away several shots because the data was way off.

I signed up for the monthly rate with a seven day free trail.

The setup is to finicky and the voice output stopped working after I changed clubs. I only used my 6,7,PW and driver.

The detection rate was best on my 7 iron. The carry distance seemed to be accurate when tracked.

I then moved to my driver and the detection rate was all over the place. I tried moving my phone but I was only able to get 3 useable shots.

I moved to my PW and the app has a warning that because of the higher angle wedge shots may not be as accurate. While that was a understatement, it didn’t pick up any shots (7 attempts).

I moved to my 6 iron and again the detection rate and accuracy was so so.

I will cancel my subscription but it was worth a shot to see how this app worked.

I thought I had read this before, but it's on the apple spec page, the iPhone 6S can do 240FPS slo mo at 720P.

https://www.apple.com/iphone-6s/specs/

The link does not seem to work constently, but this is what it says:

• Slo-mo video support for 1080p at 120 fps and 720p at 240 fps

SuperStroke MidSlim 2.0

Duhhh, i already had my phone set for 240fps. I think I was checking my swing in slow mo once

SuperStroke MidSlim 2.0

I’m with the LEVV GOLF team and would love to answer some of your questions and clear up any issues you guys are having with the app. I do not however want to break any of the forum rules or overstep if this is not allowed?

Shaun Thanks for entering this thread. As you can read from my experience above there are some kinks to work out. I will try to use the app a few more time during the trail period.

I do applaud your team for creating this app. I’m not sure why the voice prompt stop working after I had to change clubs. This became a little problematic because I had to move my phone to check the reading and then I had to re-level the app to use again.

I think your carry accuracy was “spot on” with my good reading from my 7 iron. I also believe my only good driver detections were also good. I’m not sure why I had a low overall detection rate /usable data points.

I stand corrected regarding the fps on the newer iPhones. So they can record with 240 fps which means they could sample a spin rate of up to 7200 rpm. So roughly for 8 iron and above the spin rates would be questionable.

The question is, do they use the spin rate in their ball flight model? I've played around with the trajectory optimizer from flightscope: https://flightscope.com/products/trajectory-optimizer/

120mph launch speed, 19 degree launch angle (0 horizontal, 0 altitude, 0 side spin) and the carry was

5000 rpm: 178

7000 rpm: 172

9000 rpm: 162

When they would get the spin rate within 10% the difference would be about +/- 2yards at 7000 rpm (and the other values above). So the distance could be reasonable accurate.

However I think the results they show will always assume that it was a straight hit as I can't see how they would measure side spin with a 2-D camera.

I’m with the LEVV GOLF team and would love to answer some of your questions and clear up any issues you guys are having with the app. I do not however want to break any of the forum rules or overstep if this is not allowed?

Shaun Thanks for entering this thread. As you can read from my experience above there are some kinks to work out. I will try to use the app a few more time during the trail period.

I do applaud your team for creating this app. I’m not sure why the voice prompt stop working after I had to change clubs. This became a little problematic because I had to move my phone to check the reading and then I had to re-level the app to use again.

I thank your carry accuracy was “spot on” with my good reading from my 7 iron. I also believe my only good driver detections were also good. I’m not sure why I had a low overall detection rate /usable data points.

Thanks nupezb! We welcome all feedback, good or bad, as it helps us to know how and where we can improve the app for you guys. Your issue with the lower than expected detection rate is something that we are aware of and tracking. It's affecting a small percentage of users under certain conditions. A fix for this is already in testing and should be out by next week. Also, check out the latest video on our Youtube channel or Instagram on setting up LEVV GOLF, if you haven't already.

In the meantime, I would like to offer you a coupon code for a Pro Subscription to LEVV GOLF so you can try out the update if your trial has already expired by then. Let me know if you are keen.

I stand corrected regarding the fps on the newer iPhones. So they can record with 240 fps which means they could sample a spin rate of up to 7200 rpm. So roughly for 8 iron and above the spin rates would be questionable.

The question is, do they use the spin rate in their ball flight model? I've played around with the trajectory optimizer from flightscope: https://flightscope....tory-optimizer/

120mph launch speed, 19 degree launch angle (0 horizontal, 0 altitude, 0 side spin) and the carry was

5000 rpm: 178

7000 rpm: 172

9000 rpm: 162

When they would get the spin rate within 10% the difference would be about +/- 2yards at 7000 rpm (and the other values above). So the distance could be reasonable accurate.

However I think the results they show will always assume that it was a straight hit as I can't see how they would measure side spin with a 2-D camera.

You really know your stuff! You are correct in that LEVV GOLF is using the 240 fps capability of the iPhone 6s and up. Anything less than this will not be sufficient to accurately detect and track the various data points.

It is quite a challenging task to convince golfers how an iPhone can compare to a Trackman or some of the more sophisticated devices on the market. Cost should be the first factor to consider but then perhaps the comparison would not be fair. With LEVV GOLF however our aim is to give ALL golfers the opportunity to get accurate data like Carry Distance, Launch Angle and Spin Rate and it is our mission to prove to you guys that we can deliver on this.

As for your speculation on the Spin Rate. We do use this in our ball flight model as well as actually detecting the Launch Angle (we do not base this on club loft). These data points allow us to give accurate distances within the constraints of the technology available to us. You will also find that LEVV GOLF is robust to right or left shaped shots and the algorithms will adjust your Carry Distance accordingly.

Of course, any new technology has some growing pains but we are actively updating the app and making improvements so keep an eye out and keep the feedback coming!

I thank your carry accuracy was “spot on” with my good reading from my 7 iron. I also believe my only good driver detections were also good. I’m not sure why I had a low overall detection rate /usable data points.

Thanks nupezb! We welcome all feedback, good or bad, as it helps us to know how and where we can improve the app for you guys. Your issue with the lower than expected detection rate is something that we are aware of and tracking. It's affecting a small percentage of users under certain conditions. A fix for this is already in testing and should be out by next week. Also, check out the latest video on our Youtube channel or Instagram on setting up LEVV GOLF, if you haven't already.

In the meantime, I would like to offer you a coupon code for a Pro Subscription to LEVV GOLF so you can try out the update if your trial has already expired by then. Let me know if you are keen.

Shaun - Thanks for your reply and the offer. I look forward to seeing the new updates.

• 4 weeks later...

INtersting app. I'd love to test this out and see how accurate it is.

• 2 months later...

Hey guys, Bryan here from LEVV GOLF. We want to let you guys know that there was a major update on LEVV and we have identified and fixed the issues we were having with tracking in certain extreme conditions as well as added some features that the users requested. We are very excited about the new and improved LEVV GOLF and we have had some amazing feedback. Inside the app you will see your Starter Kit as well as the Help section to help you set your app up correctly to get the best possible results. Also check out the What's New section to see what we have added to the app to make it even better than before. If anyone wants to get in contact, please feel free to email us on [email protected], we love chatting about golf and LEVV and we welcome any feedback.

• 6 months later...

> @nupezb said:

> I see LEVV Golf has changed their app name and look. The new name is ShotVision. I’m planning to see if this app has improved enough to use for training.

I just noticed. Was looking on my phone and couldn’t find it. Just got a new phone and thought maybe I lost the app somehow.

SuperStroke MidSlim 2.0

• 2 weeks later...

> @blues72 said:

> > @nupezb said:

> > I see LEVV Golf has changed their app name and look. The new name is ShotVision. I’m planning to see if this app has improved enough to use for training.

>

> Would love to hear your feedback once you've tried it.

I took it out to the range last week for a quick test. I would say it’s accurate roughly 80-85%. I was checking the range against my range finder. On some of my mis hit (low burners) the reading where off pretty bad. Since I was playing a round and using my Arccos Caddie I wanted to safe my battery. I will take it out again later this week for another test run.

Hopefully, the screen grabs come through.

u0rvsxm6l1wm.png

yvoghwbzdiz6.png

ob3ncnp79rne.png