2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Ping I200 users

braincramp52

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lack of forgiveness? Anyone else who's playing these feel that way?

For what it's worth, the Maltby Playability Factor (MPF) number for the i200 is 474 (conventional), which is sub game improvement. But the MPF system does not replace experiencing them for yourself. I think some MPF numbers are dubious, personally.

I ALWAYS look at the MPF when buying clubs. Everything else anyone says is strictly subjective.

12* Paradym X

16* SIM2 MAX-D

19* SIM2 MAX-D

24* Paradym super hybrid

- 5~GW T350 for regular use

- 5~GW Apex DCB for occasional use

- 2~P 681 for bliss (part of a complete set of "Tiger Slam" clubs) 

54* Glide 4.0 WS

58* Glide 4.0 EYE2

Scotty GoLo 6

4i-Pw with TT DG AMT shafts, 2* weak lofts (Ping standard circa 2011). The look and feel/sound suit my preference. Relative to the state of my game, I enjoy the forgiveness and trajectory control. After 2 range sessions, 2 launch monitor sessions, and two 9-hole rounds, I am very satisfied.

"Friendships born on the field of athletic strife are the real gold of competition.  Awards become corroded; friends gather no dust." -- Jesse Owens

WITB 2024 Edition

• Woods: :cobra-small: LTDx [10.5*, :kbs: TD LE; :cobra-small: RadSpeed Tour [17.5*], :kbs: TD;
  • Hybrid: :cobra-small: King Tec 2019 [21*], :kbs: TD PGI; :mizuno-small: Pro Fli Hi [4ui], :aerotech: Steelfiber HLS880;
  • Irons & Wedges: :KZG: CB-1 [5i - 9i], NovaTech BTR Lite; :mizuno-small: S23, :kbs: 610;
  • Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville One, :kbs: One Step, :garsen: Max;
  • Ball: :bridgestone-small:XS [22];
  • Notables: Best Grips MicroPerf; :cobra-small:-Vessel Tour stand bag; :ShotScope: Pro LX+ with H4; :Clicgear: 3.5+ with Alphard Club Booster V2

BIG EDIT FOR POSTERITY...I had the fractions backwards, now fixed.

Just a comment for anyone coming to these from another brand...

Many other OEMs gap their lie angles at 1/2º per club, or thereabout. Ping does it generally in 3/4º increments. It's not a bad thing, or necessarily good. It's just different. But as others have noted:

1) You can order them from Ping at lie angles of your choosing

2) Ping will adjust small increments for a nominal cost

3) Any reputable dealer will also do it

I think the key would be that short of an extensive fitting, just find the club you're comfortable with as-is, and work outward from there 1/4º, 1/2º, etc. Write things down.

Last thing... be aware of how the colour system works for Ping... this is the tricky part. If your clubs are not the standard length, there are two calculations you have to make... first, there's the offset of the colour you have. Whatever you order it at, if for example, you got clubs 1/2" long, you can look at the spec for e.g. your 8-iron. The lie angle will actually be what the 7-iron is (half-inch longer), offset by the colour correction +/-. It all sounds a bit mathematical because it is, but it does make sense. The lie angle is determined by the length of the club overall, on a linear function. This makes it all work properly.

Bottom line, though, it's easy to achieve if you want 1/2º increments.

14 Pings. Blueprints are incredibly good. Fetch is the most underrated putter on the market. Don't @ me.

Just a comment for anyone coming to these from another brand...

Many other OEMs gap their lie angles at 3/4º per club, or thereabout. Ping does it generally in 1/2º increments. It's not a bad thing, or necessarily good. It's just different. But as others have noted:

1) You can order them from Ping at lie angles of your choosing

2) Ping will adjust small increments for a nominal cost

3) Any reputable dealer will also do it

I think the key would be that short of an extensive fitting, just find the club you're comfortable with as-is, and work outward from there 1/4º, 1/2º, etc. Write things down.

Last thing... be aware of how the colour system works for Ping... this is the tricky part. If your clubs are not the standard length, there are two calculations you have to make... first, there's the offset of the colour you have. Whatever you order it at, if for example, you got clubs 1/2" long, you can look at the spec for e.g. your 8-iron. The lie angle will actually be what the 7-iron is (half-inch longer), offset by the colour correction +/-. It all sounds a bit mathematical because it is, but it does make sense. The lie angle is determined by the length of the club overall, on a linear function. This makes it all work properly.

Bottom line, though, it's easy to achieve if you want 3/4º increments.

Huh? So you are saying if you order them 1/2” then Ping actually bends the 7i to 6i lie? That completely contradicts what my fitter said. He said getting them 1/2” will “play” not physically change, but play 1* more upright. You are saying Ping bends the 7i 3/4 flat if you go 1/2” long. So based on that, my +1/2” blue dots are basically standard lie. I don’t buy it.

My understanding is the dot color that fits you will do so regardless of length. I would play blue at +1/2" or +1".

Here's a detail that might throw you...but if I take a standard length black and lengthen it about 1/2" it turns it effectively into a blue +1/2" and fits me great.. Imagine how longer eventually lifts the toe of the head off the ground, which mean more upright.

Huh? So you are saying if you order them 1/2” then Ping actually bends the 7i to 6i lie? That completely contradicts what my fitter said. He said getting them 1/2” will “play” not physically change, but play 1* more upright. You are saying Ping bends the 7i 3/4 flat if you go 1/2” long. So based on that, my +1/2” blue dots are basically standard lie. I don’t buy it.

Fake news, right?

OK, so follow me on a bit of a walk here.…

Say you wanted to buy 5 clubs from Ping. 5 thru 9 iron. But you're one of *those guys* who wants a single length set. (I'm just kidding SL guys; I like you!) So you order a Black Dot (standard) but 5 is -1", 6 is -0.5", 7 is standard, 8 is +0.5", and 9 is +1 inch. 5 clubs, all Black code, 5 "different" lengths, all equating to a standard 7-iron.

The lie angle on all of those will be 62º.

Same with a colour adjustment. That's "on a line". So if you got them upright 1º, blue, they'd all be 63º.

Now, I do need to say something here... I was VERY wrong about something. I was used to the lie specs from Ping, but I didn't check that they ARE in fact 3/4º increments. I'd been dealing with feeling mine needed to be adjusted, but I had it reversed. Other manufacturers tend to be 0.5 per iron, and I said that backwards above. Big error on my part.

Anyhow, the point was that if you select a colour code, you are effectively choosing a line to fall on. So if you start with a 7-iron, the club is by standards a 37" club, and that club is 62º at standard. It doesn't matter what is stamped on the bottom. If you choose to adjust by a colour, you're +/- off that 62º by that amount. Then the club length is accounted for. For every inch you add to a club on that colour line, you remove 1.5º of lie angle, and vice versa.

So to do the exact maths for your iron, Belmont, using the post July 10 2017 codes, here ya go.

7-iron = 37, 63º lie (blue/1 up)

7-iron +0.5 = 37.5, 62.25º lie (blue/1 up)

And your concern is that it's the same as a 6?

6-iron = 37.5, 61.25º lie (black)

They are still one degree apart. That's the cool part about the system.

14 Pings. Blueprints are incredibly good. Fetch is the most underrated putter on the market. Don't @ me.

Fake news, right?

OK, so follow me on a bit of a walk here.…

Say you wanted to buy 5 clubs from Ping. 5 thru 9 iron. But you're one of *those guys* who wants a single length set. (I'm just kidding SL guys; I like you!) So you order a Black Dot (standard) but 5 is -1", 6 is -0.5", 7 is standard, 8 is +0.5", and 9 is +1 inch. 5 clubs, all Black code, 5 "different" lengths, all equating to a standard 7-iron.

The lie angle on all of those will be 62º.

Same with a colour adjustment. That's "on a line". So if you got them upright 1º, blue, they'd all be 63º.

Now, I do need to say something here... I was VERY wrong about something. I was used to the lie specs from Ping, but I didn't check that now they ARE in fact 3/4º increments. I'd been dealing with feeling mine needed to be adjusted, but I had it reversed. Other manufacturers tend to be 0.5 per iron, and I said that backwards above. Big error on my part.

Anyhow, the point was that if you select a colour code, you are effectively choosing a line to fall on. So if you start with a 7-iron, the club is by standards a 37" club, and that club is 62º at standard. It doesn't matter what is stamped on the bottom. If you choose to adjust by a colour, you're +/- off that 62º by that amount. Then the club length is accounted for. For every inch you add to a club on that colour line, you remove 1.5º of lie angle, and vice versa.

So to do the exact maths for your iron, Belmont, using the post July 10 2017 codes, here ya go.

7-iron = 37, 63º lie (blue/1 up)

7-iron +0.5 = 37.5, 62.25º lie (blue/1 up)

And your concern is that it's the same as a 6?

6-iron = 37.5, 61.25º lie (black)

They are still one degree apart. That's the cool part about the system.

Ping doesn’t do this any longer. They have now converted to 1* increments in lie angle and static lie angle measurements. So where as old school ping if you went 1/2” over and wanted Blue color code correct the static measured lie angle would be that of a black dot. Blue being .75* upright but since that is dynamically achieved by adding 1/2” you would essentially have a black dot head painted blue so it would effectively play .75* upright. Now you just order length and desired lie angle and the head is bent to that static degree measurement. They also got rid of two color codes. Yellow and purple.

Stay Tuned...

Ping doesn’t do this any longer. They have now converted to 1* increments in lie angle and static lie angle measurements. So where as old school ping if you went 1/2” over and wanted Blue color code correct the static measured lie angle would be that of a black dot. Blue being .75* upright but since that is dynamically achieved by adding 1/2” you would essentially have a black dot head painted blue so it would effectively play .75* upright. Now you just order length and desired lie angle and the head is bent to that static degree measurement. They also got rid of two color codes. Yellow and purple.

You're doing my brain in here...

Yes, they got rid of two colours. They did so because they didn't need so many colours having switched (back) to 1º increments instead of 0.75º increments in codes.

The rest of what you said seems to do with measuring humans, of which I wasn't discussing? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I guess I am just not seeing it. If you bend a head from 62 to 63 it doesn’t matter if you put a 3” shaft or 300” shaft in it. It still has a 63* lie angle. Correct?

Correct from a static measured perspective. Now draw a picture with a golfer holding a 63 degree lie angle head with a 3 and 300" shaft. Keep the golfer the same height and tell me which shaft has the toe pointing up and which down?

Let me tell you what Wooderson is packin'
Sim Max 12° Speeder NX 6s
Sim2 Max 15°
Ping G410 21° 
Ping G425 22°/25°
Ping G430 6-PW AWT Stiff
Ping Glide 3.0 GW/SW

Ping Eye 2 XG LW

I understand the change in lie based on length. He is trying to say that if you order a set 1/2" long then your 7i head starts out from Ping with a static 6i lie angle. Then they bend it based on your color code. So if you go 1/2" long and blue dot then the heads are basically standard lie physically. But then the 1/2" longer shaft will "play" upright. I'm saying that makes no sense. I fully understand how the club plays based on length. I'm just wanting to know what the clubs physically measures out to in a lie machine from Ping.

This is from Pings knowledge base. It's probably a little dated by now....

Question: What are the lie angles of your irons, by dot color? Answer: In a standard set, every club has a different lie angle - short irons are progressively more upright than longer irons. In a set with any color code other than standard (black color code), the lie angle of EVERY club is adjusted to be more upright or flatter, depending on the color code.

The standard lie angles for G5 irons at standard length are:

2: 58.67

3: 59.32

4: 60.02

5: 60.75

6: 61.50

7: 62.28

8: 63.10

9: 63.95

PW: 64.38

UW: 64.38

SW: 64.70

LW: 65.11

PING Color Codes, going from most upright to flattest are:

Maroon

Silver

White

Green

Blue

Black

Red

Orange

Brown

Gold

Each color code is progressively one degree more upright than the NEXT, or one degree flatter than the PREVIOUS as you read the list from top to bottom.

So, if we use an 8-iron as an example:

A Green color code is 2 degrees more upright than standard, or 63.10 + 2 = 65.10 degrees. Since the color code system takes length into consideration, you must also adjust this number for non-standard lengths as follows:

For every 1/2 inch shorter than standard, the lie angle is approximately (~) 3/4 of a degree more upright. Conversely, every 1/2 inch longer means the club is ~3/4 of a degree flatter.

So, if that same Green color code 8-iron was 1/2 inch longer than standard, the actual lie angle would be 65.10 - ~.75 = ~64.35 degrees. The lie angle of the remaining clubs in the set would need to be calculated in a similar manner.

Question: What are the lie angles of your irons, by dot color? Answer: In a standard set, every club has a different lie angle - short irons are progressively more upright than longer irons. In a set with any color code other than standard (black color code), the lie angle of EVERY club is adjusted to be more upright or flatter, depending on the color code.

Maroon

Silver

White

Green

Blue

Black

Red

Orange

Brown

Gold

Each color code is progressively one degree more upright than the NEXT, or one degree flatter than the PREVIOUS as you read the list from top to bottom.

A Green color code is 2 degrees more upright than standard, or 63.10 + 2 = 65.10 degrees. Since the color code system takes length into consideration, you must also adjust this number for non-standard lengths as follows:

For every 1/2 inch shorter than standard, the lie angle is approximately (~) 3/4 of a degree more upright. Conversely, every 1/2 inch longer means the club is ~3/4 of a degree flatter.

So, if that same Green color code 8-iron was 1/2 inch longer than standard, the actual lie angle would be 65.10 - ~.75 = ~64.35 degrees. The lie angle of the remaining clubs in the set would need to be calculated in a similar manner.

All of the discussion about the color codes is confusing!!!

As I understand it, if I order a green dot 7 iron in standard length, and you order a green dot 7 iron at +1/2”, my iron head’s ACTUAL, measured lie angle will be more upright than yours. The reason is that Ping’s color code also accounts to shaft length to produce an EFFECTIVE lie angle (as opposed to measured).

Am I wrong?

And BTW, my green dot, standard length 7 iron (and seven of his friends) will be here by next Tuesday!!!

All of the discussion about the color codes is confusing!!!

As I understand it, if I order a green dot 7 iron in standard length, and you order a green dot 7 iron at +1/2", my iron head's ACTUAL, measured lie angle will be more upright than yours. The reason is that Ping's color code also accounts to shaft length to produce an EFFECTIVE lie angle (as opposed to measured).

Am I wrong?

That's the way I understand it. When I was fitted, we used a standard length shaft, and I need an orange. I ordered the clubs +1/2", so we had them bent 1 degree weak to account for the added length.

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

Maroon

Silver

White

Green

Blue

Black

Red

Orange

Brown

Gold

So, if that same Green color code 8-iron was 1/2 inch longer than standard, the actual lie angle would be 65.10 - ~.75 = ~64.35 degrees. The lie angle of the remaining clubs in the set would need to be calculated in a similar manner.This is from Pings knowledge base. It's probably a little dated by now....

Maroon

Silver

White

Green

Blue

Black

Red

Orange

Brown

Gold

I ordered i200s in red dot -1/2â€. According to this post the effective lie would be closer to black? I spoke to Jennifer at Ping and she said that’s backwards. Red dot cut 1/2†would play closer to 2 degrees flat. Am I reading this post wrong?

Taylormade SIM MAX driver 10.5 Ventus R
Taylormade SIM MAX 3w 15 Ventus R
Taylormade SIM MAX 5w 18 Ventus R
Taylormade SIM MAX 4h 22 Ventus R
PXG 0211 5-LW
Taylormade Spider X Chalk
OUUL Gator cart bag

First round with the new i200's. OK, no beating around the bush. These are not forged Mizuno blades. Having played Mizuno's for over 10 years, with my previous set being MP-5's, I am going to miss the buttery softness. I wouldn't call the Pings harsh, or "clicky", but they are not soft. I'd say they are firm, but not hard.

I warmed up with a small bucket of balls, and the clubs were definitely getting the job done. 'Nice mid flight with a slight draw. I had the irons bent 1 degree weak, and I'm thinking I might need two degrees. Well struck shots were obviously higher, but my miss is a bit thin, resulting in a low bullet. I thought the added mass lower in the club would really get the ball up. Still, I'm not unhappy with the ball flight. Misses on the toe were excellent, losing very little distance. 'Much better than the MP-5's. I believe I gained 5 yards. It's likely due to the XP 95 shaft, and the 1 degree stronger lofts vs. the 5's. No complaints there either.

On the course the clubs performed well. I had a few shots come up short, which were headscratchers. I believe the clubs don't have the same level of feedback as the 5's, as I felt that I had hit the shots solid.

Overall I'm pleased with the clubs. It's obviously going to take a few rounds to get them dialed in. At no point did I look down at them at address and think, "Ugh. I made a mistake". Yes, they're bigger than the 5's, but they're not overweight SGI clubs. I think they have a gook look at address for a players/GI club. We'll maybe the PW needs a little weight loss. I'll see how it goes, but I wouldn't be surprised to see me looking at an iBlade 9i and PW at some point.

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

First round with the new i200's. OK, no beating around the bush. These are not forged Mizuno blades. Having played Mizuno's for over 10 years, with my previous set being MP-5's, I am going to miss the buttery softness. I wouldn't call the Pings harsh, or "clicky", but they are not soft. I'd say they are firm, but not hard.

I warmed up with a small bucket of balls, and the clubs were definitely getting the job done. 'Nice mid flight with a slight draw. I had the irons bent 1 degree weak, and I'm thinking I might need two degrees. Well struck shots were obviously higher, but my miss is a bit thin, resulting in a low bullet. I thought the added mass lower in the club would really get the ball up. Still, I'm not unhappy with the ball flight. Misses on the toe were excellent, losing very little distance. 'Much better than the MP-5's. I believe I gained 5 yards. It's likely due to the XP 95 shaft, and the 1 degree stronger lofts vs. the 5's. No complaints there either.

On the course the clubs performed well. I had a few shots come up short, which were headscratchers. I believe the clubs don't have the same level of feedback as the 5's, as I felt that I had hit the shots solid.

Overall I'm pleased with the clubs. It's obviously going to take a few rounds to get them dialed in. At no point did I look down at them at address and think, "Ugh. I made a mistake". Yes, they're bigger than the 5's, but they're not overweight SGI clubs. I think they have a gook look at address for a players/GI club. We'll maybe the PW needs a little weight loss. I'll see how it goes, but I wouldn't be surprised to see me looking at an iBlade 9i and PW at some point.

Good review. This is encouraging because I am about to buy the i200 and I am a known Mizuno fan. Have played MP33, MP60, MP59, MP53 and, for a few months, the MP18. (Sold those instead of expensive reshafting; not a Nippon guy.)

I agree the i200s do not feel like Mizunos, at least the MP5, but they are quite comparable to the CB heads and even feel better than some of them. I am not one who cares much about softness. Shaft I almost seem to notice more. I don’t care for a boardy shaft, but I do like an effortless firm/solid feel at impact. To me it is mostly about sound. I do not like click-clack sounding irons.

The i200, with the elastomer and overall design, sounds really good to me and I like the feel and turf interaction. The sole may be the best part of this club. Will have a set soon and will check out that 9 and PW for chunkiness. Have seen a few players note that. I looked at one in the store vs the Cobra Forged Tec and P790 and JPX 900 Forged and I thought it seemed more svelte than the first two and similar to the 900F. The iBlade option is always there, as you noted.

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

Good review. This is encouraging because I am about to buy the i200 and I am a known Mizuno fan. Have played MP33, MP60, MP59, MP53 and, for a few months, the MP18. (Sold those instead of expensive reshafting; not a Nippon guy.)

I agree the i200s do not feel like Mizunos, at least the MP5, but they are quite comparable to the CB heads and even feel better than some of them. I am not one who cares much about softness. Shaft I almost seem to notice more. I don’t care for a boardy shaft, but I do like an effortless firm/solid feel at impact. To me it is mostly about sound. I do not like click-clack sounding irons.

The i200, with the elastomer and overall design, sounds really good to me and I like the feel and turf interaction. The sole may be the best part of this club. Will have a set soon and will check out that 9 and PW for chunkiness. Have seen a few players note that. I looked at one in the store vs the Cobra Forged Tec and P790 and JPX 900 Forged and I thought it seemed more svelte than the first two and similar to the 900F. The iBlade option is always there, as you noted.

If you play them 1 degree weak, they blend perfectly with an 89P of iblades, too.

Update: Did my fitting today. Hit 5 shafts with the i200 — AWT, Nippon 105, DG 105, KBS Tour and DG 120. All stiff shafts.

Came down to the Nippon 105 or the DG 120 in terms of best shots, but I was much more consistent with the 120 and it was better on my worst shots. About 12 grams heavier, seems to help my tempo. Really like this shaft. The Nippon felt really good too in this head but my misses were worse and it did feel really light to me. Definitely hit the 120 consistently longer.

Ordering in the next few days. Will be 5-U or 5-P with the DG 120 S, 1/2 inch over standard in shaft length and either in yellow or green dot lie angle. I seem to be either dot at times so we may take another look. But definitely slightly upright. Power spec lofts. These clubs really elevate.

It was interesting when I tried the DG 120 at 1/2 over standard length. I am only 5-11 but it really worked for me. Basically puts the i200 5 iron into a 4 iron in shaft length and yet that put the ball in an optimal flight window. (Of course, not really a major adjustment as in some OEM sets these days the 5 iron standard is already 38.5 inches but I consider 37.75 to be JDM standard and 38 is U.S. standard. Cobra Forged Tec Black 5 iron is 38.5 AND 23 degrees loft; my Nike VPC 5 iron is 38.25.) The fitter noted the 1/2 inch over standard gave the club slightly more weight (118g uncut) and it clearly made a positive difference in my too-quick tempo. The more I slowed down, the more effortless power I loaded and the longer I hit the ball. It was very evident.

So with this build, I will have a 5 iron at 38.5 inches and 25 degrees; it flew a few yards longer. Will then have an adjustable hybrid at 22 or 23, instead of two hybrids. Hybrid is a very situational club for me. I’d rather hit an iron or a wood. If I am just beyond hybrid distance, I’d rather choke down on a 5 wood.

This allows me to keep a 3 wood and a 5 wood (both Callaway X2 Hot Pros, love the smaller heads) in the bag — which I like to hit — and still have a PW plus 3 more wedges. Driver is standard Ping G400 all the way.

If I am undecided on anything, it is whether to get the U i200 wedge or go with a 50-degree Glide in that slot. Still pondering. Excited to play these irons.

If I am undecided on anything, it is whether to get the U i200 wedge or go with a 50-degree Glide in that slot. Still pondering. Excited to play these irons.

If anything, think like you were above. If you had a shot that fit those yards but wasn't quite right on, would you rather get stuck with a non-optimal U or 50?

Or another way of thinking about it is if you're getting wedges with different shafts, would you rather have that wedge shaft on a 50º club, or the dg120?

Update: Did my fitting today. Hit 5 shafts with the i200 — AWT, Nippon 105, DG 105, KBS Tour and DG 120. All stiff shafts.

Came down to the Nippon 105 or the DG 120 in terms of best shots, but I was much more consistent with the 120 and it was better on my worst shots. About 12 grams heavier, seems to help my tempo. Really like this shaft. The Nippon felt really good too in this head but my misses were worse and it did feel really light to me. Definitely hit the 120 consistently longer.

Ordering in the next few days. Will be 5-U or 5-P with the DG 120 S, 1/2 inch over standard in shaft length and either in yellow or green dot lie angle. I seem to be either dot at times so we may take another look. But definitely slightly upright. Power spec lofts. These clubs really elevate.

It was interesting when I tried the DG 120 at 1/2 over standard length. I am only 5-11 but it really worked for me. Basically puts the i200 5 iron into a 4 iron in shaft length and yet that put the ball in an optimal flight window. (Of course, not really a major adjustment as in some OEM sets these days the 5 iron standard is already 38.5 inches but I consider 37.75 to be JDM standard and 38 is U.S. standard. Cobra Forged Tec Black 5 iron is 38.5 AND 23 degrees loft; my Nike VPC 5 iron is 38.25.) The fitter noted the 1/2 inch over standard gave the club slightly more weight (118g uncut) and it clearly made a positive difference in my too-quick tempo. The more I slowed down, the more effortless power I loaded and the longer I hit the ball. It was very evident.

So with this build, I will have a 5 iron at 38.5 inches and 25 degrees; it flew a few yards longer. Will then have an adjustable hybrid at 22 or 23, instead of two hybrids. Hybrid is a very situational club for me. I’d rather hit an iron or a wood. If I am just beyond hybrid distance, I’d rather choke down on a 5 wood.

This allows me to keep a 3 wood and a 5 wood (both Callaway X2 Hot Pros, love the smaller heads) in the bag — which I like to hit — and still have a PW plus 3 more wedges. Driver is standard Ping G400 all the way.

I’ve been working up an i200 order as well and hit most of the shafts that I don’t already have some experience with in the last couple of weeks at demo days and on my own. I’ve tried 1050x, 950 s and x, 1150 s, and px lz 5.5. My miz Swing dna was 4557 and hit modus 105x and 120s hs1x. I bet the dg 120 would be right on top of that if it was in their database.

I narrowed it down to the same two: modus 105 s and dg 120 s300. I really thought I’d like the modus 120 but it just didn’t have what I was looking for, coming from 2xss dgx100 sensicore. The DG120 feels very similar to the setup I’ve used for years so I’m stoked to get this set ordered. I have the wedge shafts on the way for the two Vokeys. 1/4 over red dot power spec d-3 straight through. Very excited to see these arrive.

Got mine today and took them out for a quick nine. Man, they are really long compared to what I’ve been playing - up to two clubs longer on some swings. It will take some time to learn my distances and figure out when and how to dial them back. I was really impressed with their feel, though. I got Cushin inserts in my shafts (dg120 X100), and my last shot of the day was about the sweetest feeling iron shot I’ve hit.

Took out a G400 LST demo today, too. Man, what a driver!

Got mine today and took them out for a quick nine. Man, they are really long compared to what I’ve been playing - up to two clubs longer on some swings. It will take some time to learn my distances and figure out when and how to dial them back. I was really impressed with their feel, though. I got Cushin inserts in my shafts (dg120 X100), and my last shot of the day was about the sweetest feeling iron shot I’ve hit.

Took out a G400 LST demo today, too. Man, what a driver!

Great to hear. Forgot about the Cushin inserts!

May be worth adding.

And you are right on the distance. The i200 is plenty long. Do not really want longer as I want as many full shots as possible as I get near the green. But I do like the idea of having irons that I am confident in as I take aim at the green from 200 yards or 190 or 180. Those are the hard shots for me.

I was able to pick up mine on Monday 5-Pw red dot with PXLZ 5.5. Took them out for a few holes and all i can say is WOW are the good AF! I'm a big fan of the PXLZ and this combo just flat out works, was able to hit low, high shots, great feeling on some 3/4 knock downs the ball just seems to explode off the club face. Could be honeymoon period but I'm excited to play these this season.

Ping G400 Tour S
Ping G400 14.5
Ping G 19*
Ping G 22*
Ping I200 5-P (PXLZ 5.5)
Power spec
Vokey 50,54,58

Odyssey 3T P2 GP Tour Snsr Stright

Mine are supposed to be arriving next Tuesday. 5-PW with the Modus 105. I hope Fedex surprises me because I have rounds planned for Monday and Tuesday.

Driver: Stealth Plus 10.5* Ventus Red
Fairway: Ping G400 17* Tour AD-DI
Hybrid: Titleist 816H1 21* Tour AD-DI
Driving Iron: New Level NLU-01 4 and 5 iron Steelfiber i95
Irons: New Level 623 CB Aerotech Steelfiber i80
Wedges: Fourteen RM-4 50*, 56* and 61*
Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5
Ball: Vice Pro Plus

For those of you that have ordered/received sets lately can you share how long it took from time of order to ship? I'm thinking of ordering a set and just wanted to get some idea of how long I have might to wait. Also, wondering if the price drop might cause an increase in orders and shipping time.

Taylormade 2016 M2 Driver w/Fujikura 757 XStiff
Taylormade 2017 HL 3W 16.5
Ping I20 Hybrids 17 & 20 Stock Stiff
Ping IE 1 5-PW White Dot w/Modus 105 Stiff
Ping Cadence TR Anser 2 CB
Titleist Vokey SM6 54.10S & 58.12K

For those of you that have ordered/received sets lately can you share how long it took from time of order to ship? I'm thinking of ordering a set and just wanted to get some idea of how long I have might to wait. Also, wondering if the price drop might cause an increase in orders and shipping time.

Wondering this same thing as I have a fitting in a couple weeks