[quote name='Caesar Palache' timestamp='1359863180' post='6352833']
[quote name='Hazlo' timestamp='1359862359' post='6352757']
[quote name='Caesar Palache' timestamp='1359831968' post='6350423']
[quote name='Hazlo' timestamp='1359825308' post='6349813']
[quote name='Caesar Palache' timestamp='1359822216' post='6349575']
[quote name='Hazlo' timestamp='1359822098' post='6349567']
[quote name='Caesar Palache' timestamp='1359814612' post='6349019']
Rocketballz Stage 2 3HL vs Stage 2 Tour 3hl
[attachment=1517703:image.jpg][attachment=1517705:image.jpg][attachment=1517707:image.jpg]

Alright not the best of pictures but the tour is on the right. One thing that stood out is how good the standard version looks at address. It's sits square as any non tour in I've seen. The head is bigger then the tour but the tour looks like it sits better in my mind. The sole is flatter and the face has a much better look to it.
[/quote]

Stage 2 3hl Tour set to 16* which is 1* open. With the Rocketfuel 70g stiff shaft. You saw my thread on it right? It's a long club and very easy to hit. Very small head at address that might deter some people.

I may fiddle with some different shafts but I doubt it since this Rocketfuel shaft is actually really really good.

Is the Rocketfuel the Matrix RUL shaft?
[/quote]

It's made by matrix

[attachment=1517939:image.jpg]
[/quote]

Is that the TP shaft or the made for shaft?
[/quote]

Stock tour shaft. A made for
[/quote]

Caesar Palache

I just found this video! [media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szSwodaqfpw[/media] Is this true?

If it is how could anyone buy a made for shaft in good consciousness?
[/quote]

yes its somewhat true, made for shafts are the "same" as real deal shafts...but they are made in a more cost effective way. the shaft he was using that broke was a shaft from a burner superfast driver. a super light weight shaft, meaning thinner walls, meaning much easier to break. but still that thing broke awfully easy.

ive never had issues with made for shafts. i was using a made for Kaili shaft in my RBZ Tour all year and I pulled it out of 3 drivers. no problems. i have that same machine but i dont clamp them down as tight as he did.

anyway, i personally see no difference in made for shafts when playing with them, never broke one. but that video is kind of alarming. in Orlando when we sat down with the TM guys they actually addressed made for shafts and said theyve come a long way in the past few years and that they would stack their shafts up against anybody. but im not running that test on any of my shafts thats for sure
[/quote]

Any of the TP shafts since the R9 were legit, same goes for the R11 shaft. A R11 Labeled Kai Li 80 is no different from a Mitsu Labeled Kai Li 80. You might not know if it was tipped or not without a gauge but they are the same. I play a Matrix HD6 pulled from a Superfast TP it even has the true CPM sticker on it and you can visibly see the 16 side pattern matrix used.

I'm not remotely a fan of this video and for christ sake I've pulled dozens of shafts and some cheapo's and I've never cracked a shaft from clamp pressure. No way on earth you need that much pressure to hold a shaft in place. Its 110% about the heat and how you apply it.

Taylormade QI10LS 10.5 (@9.5) Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 6S (Testing Velocore + 6S)
Taylormade Stealth 2+ 15 (@14.50) Fujikura Motore Speeder 8.1S Tipped .5"
Callaway Apex "21" 19/3H Aldila Rogue Black TS95 Tipped .5"
Taylormade SLDR 4i DGSLS300S
Taylormade P750 7-PW P770 5i-6i DG AMT White S300
Taylormade MG2 52 DGTIS400, MG4TW 56/12 DGTIS400, & Tour Issued MG3 Hi Toe 60/09 DGTIS200 115
Scotty Cameron TeI3 Long Neck Newport 2 34" (34")
Bridgestone Tour B XS (Testing New TP5x)

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Caesar Palache' timestamp='1360097735' post='6368539']
I wl have an update up Sunday/Monday with a true RBZ 15* 3 wood vs Stage 2 15* 3 wood. Both standard models and stock stiff shafts
[/quote]

I just wanted to see if you were able to knock out the new update?

Driver. RBZ Tour TP 9 Kaili 70x
Three Wood: RBZ Tour TP 14.5 RIP Beta 70
Hybrid: Adams Super LS 19 Kuro Kage
Irons: TaylorMade 2014 CB 4,5, MC 6-PW
Putter: Odyssey Protype Black #9
Wedges: Vokey 53/10 and 59/7

Adjusting loft up 1* with close the face 2*. Adjusting loft down 1* with open face 2*. So if you go all the way up or all the way down the face will have changed by 3* maximum

Taylormade M4 8.5 Oban Kiyoshi White
Taylormade Aeroburner 15* Diamana S+ 72
Taylormade SLDR 17* Hybrid S+ 82
Taylormade P770 4-PW KBS Ctaper Lite
Taylormade Milled Grind 51* 55* 60*
Taylormade Spider Ghost

I liked your test but to make sure we are talking apples to apples each club should be measured in a loft gauage to make sure a 15 is 15 and a 17 is a 17. Otherwise who knows what you are actually are comparing loft wise.

Mizuno ST-Max 10.5 Smoke RDX 50 5.5, AI Smoke 10.5 with HZRDOUS RDX RED 50 5.5

Mizuno ST-MaX 5 stock Kail'l R

Mizuno ST-Max 7 stock Kail'l R

AI Smoke HL 7-AW Nippon Neo 85

AI Smoke 7/8 Hybrid HZRDOUS Siver 65 Gen 4 5.5

Cleveland Full Face 52

Cleveland Full Face 56

Odyssey Jailbird 380

Titelist prov1x/Callaway Chrome Soft

[quote name='johnnythunders' timestamp='1360702246' post='6415327']
I liked your test but to make sure we are talking apples to apples each club should be measured in a loft gauage to make sure a 15 is 15 and a 17 is a 17. Otherwise who knows what you are actually are comparing loft wise.
[/quote]
[quote name='Hazlo' timestamp='1360702943' post='6415387']
Plus with OEM tolerance of 1degree up or down You could have the RBZ 2 tour HL which stamped on the club says 16.5 degrees, but in reality the actual loft could be 17.5 or 15.5

And then with the ability to adjust loft up or down with the sleeve those numbers all could be off as much as 1 degree up or down.
[/quote]

gentlemen, i think we are getting a little picky. the loft could be perfect or imperfect, we just dont know. same with the club you will buy, and it shouldn't matter that much to the amateur golfer.

thanks guys

Taylormade Spider Ghost

[quote name='Caesar Palache' timestamp='1360119679' post='6370627']
[quote name='daco81se' timestamp='1360119317' post='6370589']
Thx CP for your indepth reviews!!!!

After getting rid of my V-steel 13* several months ago that I hit for the last 10 yrs and regretting it (went through both the TEE XCG and CB, Anser, Callaway) I was between getting another V-steel or taking advantage of the good deals on the std RBZ, but I bit the bullet today and bought a 13* Stage 2, was thinking about the TP but am going to try the RocketFuel shaft and see how it does, probably end up putting a Spdr 757 in it though (was in my v-steel, my RBZ driver has the Motore 7.2 TS that I love).
Should be in Friday, I'll put up a review!
[/quote]

13* is going to be a bomber! i look forward to hearing how you hit it. i ended up sticking with the stock 70g shaft and i really like it. ive haven't tried to many shafts in my fairway woods so i dont have a go to shaft for a fairway.
[/quote]

FYI-I got mine in last Fri (Ebay purchase), had a couple of paint chips on the crown by the toe, almost kept it and tried to fix them but sent it back today for a new one (man was it hard with it sitting around all weekend to not hit it), hoping to get the new one by the weekend but could be next week, will update then.

[quote name='daco81se' timestamp='1360727995' post='6418145']
[quote name='Caesar Palache' timestamp='1360119679' post='6370627']
[quote name='daco81se' timestamp='1360119317' post='6370589']
Thx CP for your indepth reviews!!!!

After getting rid of my V-steel 13* several months ago that I hit for the last 10 yrs and regretting it (went through both the TEE XCG and CB, Anser, Callaway) I was between getting another V-steel or taking advantage of the good deals on the std RBZ, but I bit the bullet today and bought a 13* Stage 2, was thinking about the TP but am going to try the RocketFuel shaft and see how it does, probably end up putting a Spdr 757 in it though (was in my v-steel, my RBZ driver has the Motore 7.2 TS that I love).
Should be in Friday, I'll put up a review!
[/quote]

13* is going to be a bomber! i look forward to hearing how you hit it. i ended up sticking with the stock 70g shaft and i really like it. ive haven't tried to many shafts in my fairway woods so i dont have a go to shaft for a fairway.
[/quote]

FYI-I got mine in last Fri (Ebay purchase), had a couple of paint chips on the crown by the toe, almost kept it and tried to fix them but sent it back today for a new one (man was it hard with it sitting around all weekend to not hit it), hoping to get the new one by the weekend but could be next week, will update then.
[/quote]

Wow you have some good self control

Taylormade Spider Ghost

[quote name='Caesar Palache' timestamp='1360728467' post='6418215']
Wow you have some good self control
[/quote]

It was tough, was on my way to the hobby store to pick up some paint and talked myself out of it, wierd deal as the club head had the thin TM plastic on it, then the Bubble wrap, and the thick TM plastic that covers the whole club (i.e.-was in TM wrap and had not been unwrapped), but had a cpl paint chips. Guess I was lucky that the Ebay seller agreed to take it back, it's gotta be very rare for that to happen and he's gotta be wondering if I dropped it, banged it against something, ect, but it was that way when I took it out of the plastic.

[quote name='Caesar Palache' timestamp='1360707209' post='6415835']
[quote name='johnnythunders' timestamp='1360702246' post='6415327']
[/quote]
[quote name='Hazlo' timestamp='1360702943' post='6415387']
Plus with OEM tolerance of 1degree up or down You could have the RBZ 2 tour HL which stamped on the club says 16.5 degrees, but in reality the actual loft could be 17.5 or 15.5

And then with the ability to adjust loft up or down with the sleeve those numbers all could be off as much as 1 degree up or down.
[/quote]

gentlemen, i think we are getting a little picky. the loft could be perfect or imperfect, we just dont know. same with the club you will buy, and it shouldn't matter that much to the amateur golfer.

thanks guys
[/quote]

I agree Caesar.....nobody is going to have and electronic protractor handy when they go into a golf shop to buy one or order one. Worrying about 1* in a casual test is a little ridiculous in my opinion. If you're skeptical, subtract 3 yards from whichever one you want to lose the test.
Thanks for doing the legwork CP

The video is a joke....he could easily break a $1000 Matrix TP7x if he wanted to. I usually play aftermarket shafts because I have a better idea of what I'm getting but c'mon......

Wow! very interested in this club. Thanks for all the numbers. I'm leaning towards the 16.5* for the same reasons you are (good gap fill, higher and softer into the green). I'm a recent Titleist-to-TM convert and recently replaced a 913D 10.5 Phenom 70 with a 2012 R11s 10.5 (upped to 12*) with Kai'li 70 Stiff. I'm a naturally low ball, low spin bomber anyway and need a good 250yd off the deck club. Currently play a 910F 15*(upped to 16.5*) with AD DI 8X and love it off the tee, but too low off the deck.

Interested in the 70g vs 80g TP Matrix shafts for this club. It's the overall length of the club that concerns me. Leaning heavily on the 80g and cut some from the butt to trim a little length and weight. Or maybe go with the 70g and leave the length (I'm 6'4" anyway) Any thoughts/advice is appreciated as always! Thx

Oh yeah - also considering an R11s 15.5 with Phenom 80 stiff shaft. They're super cheap now, any thougths on this one? Please PM me about this club so not to hijack this thread. Curious how these 3-woods are off the deck and how the 80g stiff launches? Spent half the night reading about this stuff. No good current info I could find.

Thanks again

• 4 weeks later...

Nice review. Helpful. One note though? Not sure why you fight didn't put fairway woods in title. Kind of confusing. Thought it was a driver thread.

Edit note!! I just edited my reply because now I further notice that the review wasn't actually a stage 2 it was a stage 2 tour. Come in thinking it's a driver review then I think it's apples to apples fwy woods, now it's a newer tour model vs a older reg version? I think...? I am not even sure anymore.

[quote name='sharkhark' timestamp='1362828551' post='6576323']
Nice review. Helpful. One note though? Not sure why you fight didn't put fairway woods in title. Kind of confusing. Thought it was a driver thread.

Edit note!! I just edited my reply because now I further notice that the review wasn't actually a stage 2 it was a stage 2 tour. Come in thinking it's a driver review then I think it's apples to apples fwy woods, now it's a newer tour model vs a older reg version? I think...? I am not even sure anymore.
[/quote]

....sorry?

Taylormade Spider Ghost

[quote name='Caesar Palache' timestamp='1362836356' post='6576651']
[quote name='sharkhark' timestamp='1362828551' post='6576323']

[/quote]

....sorry?
[/quote]haha...no thats not necessary just i get easily confused. i did want driver comparisons but then i wrote notes based on your fwy wood feedback to go right away and try the one you got great results with. i thought it was a std version. then just prior to heading to the local golf store i suddenly part way down after review found out not std version.
i think because most people put what they are testing up front its clear. but then again that was the whole point of your style of thread to hide the fact a higher lofted wood went further than last yrs lower loft. but i really think that the test should have been last yrs tour to this years tour. it gets confusing putting different yrs and different designations (reg vs tour) together.

but feel free to ignore my rambling.....lots of people do lol

Does anyone know which Matrix shaft the 70 gram Rocketfuel that is in the stage 2 tour is based on or is it a newly designed shaft in conjuction with TM?

Nike Vapor Pro - D+ 70g S
Callaway XHot 4 wood, PXv stiff
Callaway X2Hot 20,23 Hybrids Tour green S
Srixon Z755 4-PW Modus 3 120S
Callaway X-Tour 52 &58
Scotty Cameron Select M2

• 7 months later...

I'd like to know a little about the Rocketfuel fairway wood shafts too! Tried searching for what people thought about them with no luck. I have a RBZ TS I need to reshaft since I bought it with a Project X 5.0 and need a stiffer shaft. I want to go with a Proforce V2 but I wound a Rocketfuel shaft with a new grip for less than $25!

Cally Razr Fit 10.5* w/ Black Tie
Cally XHP 17*/13.5* w/ PX Velocity PRO
G10 21* Hy, Idea Pro Black 23* Hy
Mizuno MP-52 6-PW PX
Odyssey Ti-Hot 34"
Cally MD2 50*, Vokey 54*, Cally MD2 60*

• 4 years later...

This is an absolutely fabulous thread=just stumbled upon it these years later...:).........many thanks for the info. and testing you did. But, can you or anyone help me a touch....>>>>as I'm shopping the 13* RBZ ts 13 stage 2 I do believe....but, what are my options in full right now, to buy an RBZ Stage 2 13* in styles, setups, shafts, etc.? Thanks!

[font=georgia,serif][i][b]Hit it to 6 feet, & can the putt!!![/b][/i][/font]