Bridgestone Tour B X vs Tour B XS

zbeard23

right now, the store i work part ime in is selling these 2 dozen for 70.

Yellows?

what ball?

Did they bring the X in yellow to retail, or do I need to order from Bridgestone directly?

From what I understand you have to order through Bridgestone to get the yellow in the x or XS

Direct through Bridgestone which is actually through shopatron. I ordered 2 dozen yellow Bx, but received the Bxs. Contacted Bridgestone and returned them for a refund because Bridgestone could not provide the Bx! They told me that shopatron stores the balls for them and there was no way that Bridgestone could provide me the correct balls. They said I needed to place a new order to get the correct ones. I said, ‘so Bridgestone does not have the ability to correct this mistake in house, and has to rely on someone else to make it right?’ I was told yes, they couldn’t do anything other than the refund. Customer service is severely lacking...they also didn’t refund shipping costs until I called and told them it was ridiculous to expect me to eat shipping costs when I don’t have the product and it was Bridgestones mistake! Needless to say, I didn’t place a new order. Love the ball and may pick them up in a store, but didn’t like doing business online with them.

Titleist 917 D3 8.5* (C1), GD Tour AD IZ 7tx <br /><br /><br /> Ping G400 14.5, GD Tour AD DI 8tx<br /><br /><br /> Titleist 718 TMB 2-iron, Tour AD DI <br /><br /><br /> Ping S55 4-PW, KBS Ctaper 125 S+<br /><br /><br /> PING Nome TR, 35" slight arc<br /><br /><br /> Ping Glide Stealth 50ss, 54ss, 60es

I have been trying out both the BX and BXS and both seem noticeably shorter than the 330RX I played last year.

Callaway Epic Max LS 9.0 Fujikura Ventus Black TS 6S
Cobra LtdX 3 wood Fujikura Motore F1 60S
Callaway UW 21 *
Mizuno JPX 919 HMP Nippon N.S.Pro Modus3 Tour 120S - 4-A
Mizuno  54* Nippon N.S.Pro Modus3 Tour 120S

Titleist SM6 58*
LAB DF 2.1  33"

I still haven't tried these yet, but will most likely pick some up for the weekend. I know I should probably just ignore the marketing talk on these (and any ball, club, shaft, whatever), but have to ask:

They say the B X is straight, but sacrifices a little distance. Are they saying that because most people need more spin, or is there anything else going on with it that would make it shorter? I'm a high spin player...

Thanks,

M

Direct through Bridgestone which is actually through shopatron. I ordered 2 dozen yellow Bx, but received the Bxs. Contacted Bridgestone and returned them for a refund because Bridgestone could not provide the Bx! They told me that shopatron stores the balls for them and there was no way that Bridgestone could provide me the correct balls. They said I needed to place a new order to get the correct ones. I said, 'so Bridgestone does not have the ability to correct this mistake in house, and has to rely on someone else to make it right?' I was told yes, they couldn't do anything other than the refund. Customer service is severely lacking...they also didn't refund shipping costs until I called and told them it was ridiculous to expect me to eat shipping costs when I don't have the product and it was Bridgestones mistake! Needless to say, I didn't place a new order. Love the ball and may pick them up in a store, but didn't like doing business online with them.

I just did the same. If they send me XS I'm going to be PEEVED.

14 Pings. Blueprints are incredibly good. Fetch is the most underrated putter on the market. Don't @ me.

I still haven't tried these yet, but will most likely pick some up for the weekend. I know I should probably just ignore the marketing talk on these (and any ball, club, shaft, whatever), but have to ask:

They say the B X is straight, but sacrifices a little distance. Are they saying that because most people need more spin, or is there anything else going on with it that would make it shorter? I'm a high spin player...

Thanks,

M

I’ve never seen anything saying it sacrifices distance. IMO they did a poor job with the packaging as far as providing info. I’ve talked about his in another thread but basically they have the same characteristics as the previous version. B X is lower spin so in theory it should go a bit straighter but no it will not be shorter unless you suffer from excessively low spin. Around the green the spin should be the same as it’s really just the cover at that point which is obviously urethane, plus I’ve heard the spin around the green is better than some other low spin model urethane balls.

I played the Tour B XS today and it is an excellent ball. Long off the tee and good spin into and around the green. Will play it some more to see if the long drives today were a fluke. I hit to some places I do not normally reach and it happened on 4 different holes.

• Like 1

Driver: Cobra F9 with HZRDUS SMOKE Stiff
3W: Titleist 917F2 w/Fujikura Speeder Pro Tour Spec 84 Stiff
2I: Srixon Z U65 18 Degree w/Miyazaki Kaula 7s
Irons: Mizuno MP-54 3-PW DG S300 
Wedge: Vokey TVD 56 K-Grind
Wedge: Vokey SM6 60-12 K-Grind 
Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

I played the Tour B XS today and it is an excellent ball. Long off the tee and good spin into and around the green. Will play it some more to see if the long drives today were a fluke. I hit to some places I do not normally reach and it happened on 4 different holes.

I have noticed some increase as well. Played the RX and RXS last year along side chrome soft and they were identical in distance and now the BXS and RX is always past the chrome soft. Not talking anything huge but if either ball out did one another it was always the bstone

Thanks,

M

I’ve never seen anything saying it sacrifices distance. IMO they did a poor job with the packaging as far as providing info. I’ve talked about his in another thread but basically they have the same characteristics as the previous version. B X is lower spin so in theory it should go a bit straighter but no it will not be shorter unless you suffer from excessively low spin. Around the green the spin should be the same as it’s really just the cover at that point which is obviously urethane, plus I’ve heard the spin around the green is better than some other low spin model urethane balls.

Thanks, pretty much my thinking too. They are marketing the XS as the max distance ball and the X as the most accurate alternative, but I guess marketing the XS as a spinnier ball doesn't sound as sexy.

Looking forward to trying the X soon!

I am waiting on 2 doz Tour B X to be delivered. I have been playing the AVX all season and like it, but I have always been more of a fan of Bridgestone balls and the idea of a very low spin ball off the driver intrigues me. At $35 per dozen it just makes sense

Titleist TSR3 9.25* Tensei 1K Black 65S 45.75"
Titleist TSR2 16.5 Tensei 1K Black 75S 43.25"
Titleist TSR3 19* Tensei 1K Black 75S 42.75" 
Titleist TSR3 3H 19* Tensei 1kB Black 85s 40.5"
Fourteen TC 920 5-PW Project X LZ 6.0
Fourteen DJ-4 48* Project X IO 6.0
Fourteen DJ-5 54* Project X IO 6.0

Fourteen DJ-4 58* Project X IO 6.0
2023 Odyssey Jailbird MH 39"  
2023 Vice Pro Lime

Thanks,

M

Thanks, pretty much my thinking too. They are marketing the XS as the max distance ball and the X as the most accurate alternative, but I guess marketing the XS as a spinnier ball doesn't sound as sexy.

Looking forward to trying the X soon!

Exactly. Their strategy information wise is very odd. It’s like they are afraid to narrow a ball down or something.

My theory:

Tour BX: generally known as the firmer ball with less spin but market it as feel + accuracy. They throw feel in there because they don’t want turn someone off to a firmer ball.

Tour BXS: generally known as the softer spinnier version. They market it as distance + feel. They throw distance in there because they don’t want the spinnier version to seem like it’s shorter.

Now they aren’t necessarily wrong with saying feel for the X because they did make it feel softer this year, and the XS is not shy of distance but this is really not the most accurate way to describe or market the balls.

Got a pack of X balls and played nine holes by myself today comparing it shot for shot against a ProV1. Two par three’s, but hit driver on all others even though I normally don’t on three of them. Not one single time did I manage to make perfect contact with both balls with my driver! :-X

I really didn’t see any notable difference between them on irons or wedges. They feel differently though and I got to say I kind of like the way the X feels. Will be testing more, but at least I’m not at all disappointed with it so far. Gotta go see our pro and have him look at my driver swing though. :-)

Played the Tour BX in a 4 man scramble last week and it was a very good ball for my game. Low spin off the driver, yet had that nice tight controlled spin off of mid and short irons. Putted much softer than I thought it would and had very good feel. Going to put it back in play again this weekend but really liked the early results.

• 2 weeks later...

For the first time I went through lot of effort in picking a golf ball this year....and a lot of time. The TP5 was the winner. Then a couple of weeks ago the BX S was on sale and I grabbed some for half the price of the TM. I am not very price sensitive when it comes to golf, but the price gave me an excuse to really play multiple rounds vs hours of testing ball against ball.

Now I am thinking that the TP5 and BX S are dual favorites LOL. They fit my game very well! I think I will buy 2 dozen more at these prices as I really do like them. I did play 9 holes with the BX S, TP5, and TP5x all in play for every shot. Distance was so close I just threw that parameter out of the evaluation process. Feel, all good with TP5 the softest, TP5x the firmest, and the BX S in the middle. I could be very happy with all!

PS: Really not half the price, more like 25% off. My exaggeration :-)

Driver- Titleist TsR2 with Graphite Design Tour AD

4w - Titleist Tsi2 with Tensei Raw Blue shaft

19 Hy - Titleist 818 H1 with Atmos Tour Spec

23 Hy - Titleist 818 with Graphite Design Tour AD-DI shaft

5i-PW - Bridgestone J15 CB with Recoil F4 110 shafts

50,54,and 58 Wilson Staff wedges with SF shafts

Ping Prime Tyne 4 PSD

Let me give my 2 cents on the Tour BX.

I have played the B330 in the past and liked it. Only minor complaint is that it was a little firm on the greens. The Tour BX fixes that nicely. It has an amazing feel off the putter. It performs very similar to the B330, but with a softer feel. It feels like they took the B330 and put a softer core in it.

While I still have alot of Chrome Soft, Chrome soft X and Tour preferred X left in my bag, I think the Tour BX has earned a spot in my bag.

Driver: Titleist TSR3 - Fujikura Ventus TR Velocore Red 6-X 

3 wood: Titleist TSR2 - Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 7-X

3-GW: Titleist T-100 Nippon N.S.Pro Nodus Tour 105 S

SW, LW: Callaway Jaws RAW 54* and 58*

Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron Golo 6.5

Ball: MaxFli Tour-x; Titleist ProV1; Callaway Chrome soft X

• 2 months later...

Today, I hit a normal approach with a sand wedge and when I got to the green, my Tour BSX had a little chip missing from the cover. Since it was a lift-clean-place day after much rain, I had just cleaned it and no chip was present. Just one small anecdotal occurrence, and one ball thrown into the woods. Never had that happen with years of Pro V 1s. Back to Titleist!

Let me give my 2 cents on the Tour BX.

I have played the B330 in the past and liked it. Only minor complaint is that it was a little firm on the greens. The Tour BX fixes that nicely. It has an amazing feel off the putter. It performs very similar to the B330, but with a softer feel. It feels like they took the B330 and put a softer core in it.

While I still have alot of Chrome Soft, Chrome soft X and Tour preferred X left in my bag, I think the Tour BX has earned a spot in my bag.

I had the same exact experience with the B330. I switched to the TPx and played it for years. I recently bought some BXS and found it too soinny for my liking so I got some BX. It’s everything I liked about the B330 but they made it a little softer. I might have finally found a replacement for the TPx.

If Tiger wins tomorrow, Bryson will play whatever he is told to play.

Besides, there is very little between the two. I play the X for exactly those reasons, but do not mess with Tiger’s Mojo, Bry.

14 Pings. Blueprints are incredibly good. Fetch is the most underrated putter on the market. Don't @ me.

• 1 month later...

Got a box of B xs limited edition 'tiger' balls and really liked them. Great feel and distance off driver and irons. Couldn't stop em real quick on the greens, but greens were hard so maybe not the ball. Great soft feel off putter.

Looking forward to playing my home course with them this weekend.

Edit: played my home course today and won the local comp. Back plates, fast greens, tough pins and 20-25mph cross winds. Bxs was superb. Some of my longest drives in recent memory, good flight that the wind hardly affected, decent spin and great feel and control around the greens. Played same ball for 18 holes and still decent despite hitting some trees. Very impressed, every bit as good as my usual csx gamer.

Wanted to love the BX but I thought it was a weak offering. Lacking in feel, hard and not responsive. Didn't spin well or check properly on delicate chips. It also was low spin on irons so it didn't sit even when launched. It was OK, but comp is so deep now with srixon and tp5 and Snell and prov1...cant be OK or not fit high speed low caps like others do or your toast

The three balls I have tested extensively are the B XS, B X, and the 2017 Pro V 1. Here is a quick breakdown:

Pro V1:

-Soft feel.

-Lower, more penetrating flight across all clubs.

-Great on the greens.

Tour B XS:

-Softest of all three.

-Mid-low flight off of my driver with less side spin. (The slices and hooks with the Pro V are not as far away from the fairway)

-Longer than the Pro V for me across all clubs

-Best control around the greens

Tour B X:

-Firmest of the three, but softer than B330

-The ball wants to fly straight. Just as long as the B XS for me.

-Firmer feel around the greens and off the putter.

-Good greenside spin. Not as controllable as the Pro V1 or Tour B XS

I got to a point where I am happy using any of these balls. Which ever is the cheapest at the time I play.

If I had to pick a favorite, it would be the Tour B XS

For the higher speed guys who loved the prior b330s but not the b330, the tour B line is flipped. TourB X is much better than prior B330 while the TourB XS is softer and too spinny compared to the b330s.

AI Smoke Max @ 7* +8g front weight - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.25”)

BRNR Mini 13.5(@12.5*) 43.25” - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.75”)

TSR 3h 19* - AV Raw White 9x    OR   FliHi 3(19*) - Modus 125x

Edel SMS 4,5 SMS Pro 6-P - PX LS 6.5

Cleveland RTX 6 50/55 - X100

Titleist SM9 60.12 D grind - S400

Piretti Savona 

best ball to this day i've ever used in windy conditions is the original Tour B330 (non-s); that ball is simply incredible in such conditions. i've a few dozen for tourneys that get a bit blustery.

PING G430 LST / 9* (dialed to 10.5*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Dark Speed LS / 3w (dialed to 15.5*) / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

best ball to this day i've ever used in windy conditions is the original Tour B330 (non-s); that ball is simply incredible in such conditions. i've a few dozen for tourneys that get a bit blustery.

Because it barely spins ?

AI Smoke Max @ 7* +8g front weight - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.25”)

BRNR Mini 13.5(@12.5*) 43.25” - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.75”)

TSR 3h 19* - AV Raw White 9x    OR   FliHi 3(19*) - Modus 125x

Edel SMS 4,5 SMS Pro 6-P - PX LS 6.5

Cleveland RTX 6 50/55 - X100

Titleist SM9 60.12 D grind - S400

Piretti Savona 

The three balls I have tested extensively are the B XS, B X, and the 2017 Pro V 1. Here is a quick breakdown:

Pro V1:

-Soft feel.

-Lower, more penetrating flight across all clubs.

-Great on the greens.

Tour B XS:

-Softest of all three.

-Mid-low flight off of my driver with less side spin. (The slices and hooks with the Pro V are not as far away from the fairway)

-Longer than the Pro V for me across all clubs

-Best control around the greens

Tour B X:

-Firmest of the three, but softer than B330

-The ball wants to fly straight. Just as long as the B XS for me.

-Firmer feel around the greens and off the putter.

-Good greenside spin. Not as controllable as the Pro V1 or Tour B XS

I got to a point where I am happy using any of these balls. Which ever is the cheapest at the time I play.

If I had to pick a favorite, it would be the Tour B XS

For the higher speed guys who loved the prior b330s but not the b330, the tour B line is flipped. TourB X is much better than prior B330 while the TourB XS is softer and too spinny compared to the b330s.

So as a long time player of the B330 (2014 and 2016 version) I was really excited to play the Tour B X . To me the X felt like a dead rock compared to the B330. I quoted the above 2 posts because I seem to be in a very small minority of 1 with this view :). I wonder if there were quality control issues early on? I guess I should buy another few sleeves and try them out.

Ping 430 LST 10.5, Ping Tour 2.0 Chrome 65X
Ping 425 17, 19 & 22 deg hybrids,  Ping Tour 85X
Mizuno 923 Hot Metal Pro, 5-GW, DG 105 
Mizuno S23 54 deg wedge

Vokey SM6 60 K wedge
Mizuno IOMI #3 putter

Titleist ProV1x 

Vessel Lux Lite Bag

• 1 month later...

B330 guy for years.

Put the tour b x and tour b xs on launch monitors today - 8i, 6i, 4i

Tour b xs was longer with 6i and 4i by 3-5 yards.

I've hit the tour b x, b xs, and b330 head to head off the tee and they're all about the same distance.

Will start playing the b xs when my b330 supply is gone.