cvhookem63's WITB

I was looking for a set of matching headcovers to match my bag that wouldn't break the bank. I stumbled across Pearson Golf on Instagram and reached out to them. They take custom orders for headcovers, and the pictures they had posted looked great. I ended up going with a grey wool body with navy leather cap, and they turned out awesome. The set was $40+shipping and it was well worth it.

eJkqhHV.jpg?2

WB9aF0M.jpg

5Nkntp4.jpg

aUofseL.jpg

TaylorMade QI10 9* - Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 8TX

TaylorMade Stealth+ 15* - Fujikura Ventus Red 9TX

NIKE Vapor Fly Pro 3-4i - Fujikura Pro Tour Spec 95X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5 - KBS Tour 130X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 6-PW - DG TI X100

Mizuno T22 Raw 50* S, 55* D | TaylorMade Hi Toe 60* - DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Select Squareback +

Those look really good, reminiscent of Seamus but a fraction of the price. Do they have elastic inside?

TI Taylormade SIM (9.0°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
TI Taylormade SIM Ti (15.4°) Tensei CK Pro Blue 80X
Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
PING i210 (4i-UW) DG X100
Ping Glide 2.0 (54°) DG S400 TI
Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
Taylormade Spider X Chalk SS

Taylormade TP5

Those look really good, reminiscent of Seamus but a fraction of the price. Do they have elastic inside?

That's what I was thinking. They look really similar to Seamus, but they are considerably cheaper. They seem to have a lot of unique material/color options as well. They do have elastic inside and have a soft interior. The three wood cover fits a little looser than the driver, but not loose enough to slide off from just moving around. They're easy to get on and off. I had a similar style headcover on a Cleveland Classic Custom XL driver a while back, and the elastic was so tight that it would only go in at just the right angle. These fit much better than that one.

• 2 months later...

We skipped straight to the heat of summer here in Texas. Had to break out the red/white/blue setup for this weekend, but I should have brought the umbrella as well.

Bro I'm drooling over that alignment stick cover!

lololol , I MISSED THAT. GOOD ONE!!!

TAY; 7.5* SIM  SPEEDER 57  S.  (44 3/4")

TTL; 13.5* TSI 2 DIA BLU 70 S.  (42 7/8")

SRZ; 18* 85 U STEELFIBER 95I S. ( 39 3/4")

Cal; 4/5i EPIC, 6i-7i MVRK PR, 8i-PW MB  

Cal; 52* X FRG STK W. 
Cal;  ODYSSEY W B/W 

• 3 weeks later...

I just went straight to the Pearson instagram having seen your post and I am a lock to grab a full set if they ship to Australia.

Also love those old Vr forged blade. Properly pure

WITB 2017
TM M1 '17 Tensei Blue X
TM M2 15* KK X
TM M3 3Hy Tensei Blue S
TM P770 PX 6.0 5-PW Z grips
Callaway MD3 52* & 58*
TM Spider Tour DJ
TM TP5 pix

• 4 weeks later...
How did you get the Fujikura pro 95 shaft in the Nike Vapor Fly Pro Irons? I am looking to do the same. That shaft is a parallel tip and the Nike hosel is tapered. Thanks!

I had mine built by Will Peoples at The Peoples Clubs. I’m assuming he altered the shaft tip to make it fit. I’m considering sending mine back in to upgrade from the 95 to the 115g version. I’m just trying to find a good time to do it when I can do without them for a couple of weeks.

I've been looking for a solid milled Scotty Cameron putter with a heavier head and a longer neck for a while. I ended up picking up a Pro Platinum Mid Sur today during the ebay 15% off sale. I'll cut the shaft down to 35" and put a heavier Flatso 1.0 on to counter the 375g head weight. I'll clean up the head and give it a polish/maybe some new paint for now - with possibly a full refinish coming later. It seems to be in pretty good shape - not a lot of bag chatter.

s-l800.jpg

s-l800.jpg

s-l800.jpg

On a completely non-golf-related note. A buddy I grew up with's Dad has been a coach bouncing around in the minor leagues (baseball) for years. As of last year, he got promoted to the Rockies major league staff. I happened across his MLB authenticated jersey from his first home game as a MLB coach and I threw it in the cart as well - will be cool to have.

I was able to spend some time hitting my driver on a Trackman at a tournament I played in this weekend. They were using the Trackman for the long-drive contest and they are sending everyone their swing video/numbers from their tee shots. (Pretty novel idea - and crowns a long-drive winner without the shenanigans typically associated with it). I circled back around after we finished and hit some more balls on it. I was consistently 116 - 116.5 mph club head speed, but my launch angle was a little high, so I wasn't getting the total distance I should have been.

So I picked up a Tour Issue M1 440 8.5* head to try out to see if the decreased loft/spin will help. I'm on the hunt for a 9* M3 as well. Will be testing it against my '17 M1 460 9.5* with the ATMOS Blue 8x tipped 1" and the Fujikura Pro 83x tipped 0.5".

If you ever sell those satin VR Pro's hit me up first

Will do man. I will probably hold on to these even when I inevitably switch to a new set of irons, but I'll let you know.

Newest addition: TaylorMade Tour Issue 2017 M1 440 8.5*

Head Weight: 193.1g. I prefer 200-204, so it looks like I am going to pick up another weight and play a 3 weight setup. I am thinking 2 on the front track spread out and the rear weight all the way back.

6Ck3jtF.jpg?2

lLOIS0D.jpg?1

u1TVslQ.jpg?1

Added a 9g weight and got the head up to 202+. I spread the weights out as much as possible: 12g on draw, 9g on fade, 14g on rear track. It feels good now. Going to have to get out to the range to see how it plays.

This popped up from my saved eBay searches tonight and I scooped it up. I would love to know the story behind this one. I will cover up the initial stamping with some lead tape and give it a CLR bath to let the rusting process start fresh. I guess I found a loophole to pick up an Artisan wedge without the waiting list.

I got the Mid Sur putter in and cleaned the head up. I polished up the face and sole to give it some shine. Last night I cut it down to 35", put a Flatso 1.0 on it, and updated all of the paint fill. I went with navy everywhere except for one spot of off-white on the "Mid Sur" sole engraving. Between the soft carbon head and the heavier head weight, this thing may work out just fine. It cleaned up pretty well.

vf2rYuf.jpg?1

StQcW1l.jpg?1

ZlkAYcl.jpg?1

oHQW4Pr.jpg?1

• 4 weeks later...

The Tour Issue 8.5* M1 440 is in the bag for good after this weekend. I played my home course, and had a couple of shots that were ~15 yards closer than I am used to playing from. One of them was a 520 yard par 5 with a 45* dog leg right. I typically play a cut up the left side (fwy slopes to the R so you get some extra roll that way) to have an angle on the 2nd shot. Usually, even if I hit it too straight it will end up just rolling a foot or so off of the fairway at the end of the dog leg. I pulled it a touch, but it went well past where I typically hit it and blasted through the dogleg, through the rough, and into the next fairway. I had some tall trees about 100yds away between me and the green, no good angle anymore, and OB just past a narrow green. Played my 2nd with a 4i over the trees and landed softly just off the green. Then chipped in for eagle! I'd credit that more to the 2nd shot than the first, but the drive was certainly longer than I expected to hit.

• 2 months later...

Had the itch to pick up some new irons. Still have the Vapor Pro Combos and the VR Pro Blades, but a ho's gonna ho. Was looking at Mizuno MP-18 MMC or TaylorMade P770 (I actually picked up an MMC 5 iron a while back to play around with). Found a sweet deal on a set of P770s with X100s in them. I haven't been playing as much as I'd like to (it has been a wet fall so far over here in TX) and I think these will be nice for when I am not striking the ball where I need to be to get the most out of the VR Pro Blades.

I got the Mid Sur putter in and cleaned the head up. I polished up the face and sole to give it some shine. Last night I cut it down to 35", put a Flatso 1.0 on it, and updated all of the paint fill. I went with navy everywhere except for one spot of off-white on the "Mid Sur" sole engraving. Between the soft carbon head and the heavier head weight, this thing may work out just fine. It cleaned up pretty well.

vf2rYuf.jpg?1

StQcW1l.jpg?1

ZlkAYcl.jpg?1

oHQW4Pr.jpg?1

I played a belly putter in high school and had a Studio Stainless & a Pro Platinum Mid Sur. A month or two ago I cut them both the 37” and put Cameron Dual Balance grips on them. Completely agree with the heavier head, it really smooths me out.

• 2 months later...

It hasn't been an extremely cold winter here in Texas, but it has been a wet one. I haven't been able to play as much as I would like lately, and I think that has led to other ideas. Over the past few months, I have been picking up a little bit of tools at a time. And I now have a blast cabinet (w/compressor and dust collection), dual buffing wheel with different stitch buffing pads and different grit scotch-brite pads, cut-off wheel, grip station, and a belt sander. I basically have a full club refinishing/assembly setup in the shop now. I ordered a couple of raw/oil can Vokey TVD wedges to start working on, and they should be in soon.

s-l800.jpg

s-l800.jpg

• 1 month later...

So a while back I picked up this Artisan Engage 46* wedge head. It had some scarring on the sole from rocks/cart path or something (you can't really see the deepest one in the picture). I wanted to get it cleaned up before I put it in play. I was going to send it off to have it fixed, but I decided to give it a shot myself. Put a couple different grit scotch-brite wheels on and went to work this afternoon. I think it turned out pretty well. There is something satisfying about working on the same wedge that was likely worked on by Mike Taylor at some point. Going to put some lead tape over the stamping - that should counter any weight lost during the restore. May bead blast the face as well before it gets shafted up.

hv8lxoR.jpg?1

G5fWDR0.jpg?1

xWnK9zI.jpg?1

where in Texas are you?

Golf has been pretty good lately. only one course I have played has been really wet.

• Titleist TSR3 9* Ventus Black 6X
  • Taylormade Sim2 15* Tensei White 80TX
  • TM Stealth 2 Iron or Ping i59 3 iron Project X 7.0
  • Artisan MB 4-9 Project X 7.0
  • Artisan 46*, 50* Project X 6.5
  • Artisan  55*, 60* S400
  • Artisan BlueBonnet Carbon 0217

where in Texas are you?

Golf has been pretty good lately. only one course I have played has been really wet.

I’m in Longview. It hasn’t been too cold, but it’s been pretty wet here the past few weeks. I was able to get out and play today and it wasn’t too bad.

• 2 months later...

As you guys probably saw, I was selected by GolfWRX and Fujikura for the "Fujikura Ventus Experience". Me, Endy, QuigleyDU, 4rheel, and Jagpilotohio all made the trip to sunny San Diego / Carlsbad, CA to meet the Fujikura team, get fit by Marshall Thompson, tour the Fujikura facility, play some golf, and spend some time getting to know all of the guys from Fujikura. We had an absolute blast. If you haven't already, go check out the Fujikura Ventus Experience trip thread [HERE](https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1763029/fujikura-ventus-experience-we-will-be-there-monday-through-wednesday-follow-along/p1 "HERE"). I wrote up a rather long recap of my experience on the trip. It was too long to fit on one post, so there are 5 parts. I'll add the links to those posts here: [PART 1](https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/comment/18876622#Comment_18876622 "PART 1") - [PART 2](https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/comment/18876623#Comment_18876623 "PART 2") - [PART 3](https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/comment/18876624#Comment_18876624 "PART 3") - [PART 4](https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/comment/18876626#Comment_18876626 "PART 4") - [PART 5](https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/comment/18876628#Comment_18876628 "PART 5")

L to R: Austin (Fujikura), Sam (4rheel), Scott (Jagpilotohio), Jake (endy), Caleb (cvhookem63), Cody (QuigleyDU), Eric (Fujikura)

o8ddxj18cb0q.jpg

I was fit into a Fujikura Speeder 857 TR in X flex. This thing is as straight as they come. I can really go after it without fear of losing it right. It is in the bag to stay.

![](https://i.imgur.com/M1pkpU7.jpg "")

some sweet changes

I will take your pro 95 iron shafts when you go 115

Ping G400 LST 11* Ventus Black TR 5x

Ping G400 3w 15.1* GD AD IZ 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x 

Ping G425 4h 22* Blueboard HY 80x

Ping i210 6i & s55 7i - PW Steelfiber 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*ES, Tour W 64* SF 125s

EvnRoll ER9

• 1 month later...

New Project:

I am always looking for long neck putters, and I had seen a few long neck Tour models of the TaylorMade Ghost putters from a while back. I set an ebay alert for them, and I finally found one at a decent price. I always hated the white finish on these because of the looks and how quickly the finish wears. The plan is to bead blast the head to get rid of the white finish and give it a matte silver finish. I ordered a milled aluminum insert from Spry Evo to replace the Pure Roll insert. I had thought about going with a milled copper insert, but this thing already has heavier 20g weights added so the copper insert would make it weigh too much. With the aluminum insert it will weigh around 375g. After I blast it, I plan to have a top line added to it.

I am putting well with my Scotty SB right now, but I am a sucker for a long neck putter, and this should be a fun project.

Here is the TaylorMade Ghost Tour DA-22

![](https://i.imgur.com/Skwdgmb.jpg?1 "")

![](https://i.imgur.com/I3hvXdg.jpg?1 "")

![](https://i.imgur.com/x4wHDln.jpg?1 "")

![](https://i.imgur.com/ryFjL6d.jpg?1 "")

I have stripped the paint out and pulled out the 20g weights. Next step is removing the insert and then it will be ready for bead blasting.

![](https://i.imgur.com/KHDQsay.jpg?1 "")