SNELL GOLF BALLS??? anyone???

abel88

I have bought MTBs from my local Big 5. It's a smaller, old-school store that reminds me of my youth (all those days of buying fishing stuff and sleeping bags, etc...simpler times). I asked them to start acquiring the Get Sums. I have a couple boxes of those crossing the nation as I type this. Way overlooked ball, IMO.
I saw the MTB Red as the Big 5 in Anaheim today. No Blacks and no Yellow version either

Cobra F7+ - Stiff
Callaway V-Series 3 & 5 wood with Aldila Rouge Silver
Srixon 585 5-AW - Modus 105 Stiff
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 53 & 58 Degree
EVNROLL ER5
Srixon XV - Yellow

Somewhere earlier in the thread I asked about the new Snell series in Canada.

Dean gave a reply that they would be available here starting May 18th.

May 28th I ordered 5 doz and they showed up May 31st.

Great job guys, great service and at a great price.

I marked the balls with my usual ID mark and noticed that the finish is somewhat different than other urethane balls such as Bridgestone and Callaway. Those 2 seem to have a slight tacky feel to them and the Snell is slippery.

Anyone else notice this and can comment on it?

Callaway Epic Speed M10 Smoke
Taylor Made SIM 3W Titanium Diamana Limited
Taylor Made SIM 5W Titanium Diamana Limited
Taylor Made GAPR HI KBS 4,5,
HONMA TW747P 6-11 Vizard 85g
Cleveland 56* Smoke RTX Zipcore DG Spinner
Lajosi 808 Damascus, Callaway S2H2 Tuttle
Seed 01, Maxfli Tour

I have bought MTBs from my local Big 5. It's a smaller, old-school store that reminds me of my youth (all those days of buying fishing stuff and sleeping bags, etc...simpler times). I asked them to start acquiring the Get Sums. I have a couple boxes of those crossing the nation as I type this. Way overlooked ball, IMO.

Didn't know snell was available offline. Is this official channel or just some diversion selling?

Dean himself has noted in this thread that a couple of places have asked to sell his golf balls and have worked it out to do so. Global Golf has also sold the Snell balls.

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1130047-snell-golf-balls-anyone/page__st__3360#entry17420270

I marked the balls with my usual ID mark and noticed that the finish is somewhat different than other urethane balls such as Bridgestone and Callaway. Those 2 seem to have a slight tacky feel to them and the Snell is slippery.

Quasi, were those Reds? I haven't tried to mark any of mine (one of the niceties of playing yellow balls), but Red has a different cover than Black and I could see where the TPU cover of the red would not take marker as well.

TaylorMade M5 / Callaway Mavrik 3W / Maltby KE4 FDI 19 / Callaway Mavrik Pro 3H / Maltby TS1 4-GW / Callaway MD2 56 / Odyssey Double Wide / Titleist Pro V1

Check this out:

https://www.tgw.com/snell-golf-mtb-black-golf-balls

They have the Red also, in both white and yellow. I was going to order 2 more dozen from Snell, but was on TGW because I needed some gloves and some other items, so I ordered the Snell's from them as well and got the free shipping.

Incidentally, my clear preference early in the year was for the blacks, because our fairways and greens were wet and I found the Red's in the fairway several times in their own pitch marks. With the blacks, I was getting some roll. Also, I spun some red's right off the green several times with front pin locations.

However, our greens are getting firmer, and I was thinking that when it starts to get hot and the fairways are baked and the greens are dry and firm, that might be a good time for me to switch back to the Reds. I'm glad I have both.

Quasi, were those Reds? I haven't tried to mark any of mine (one of the niceties of playing yellow balls), but Red has a different cover than Black and I could see where the TPU cover of the red would not take marker as well.

Yes, these are the Red MTB.

Callaway Epic Speed M10 Smoke
Taylor Made SIM 3W Titanium Diamana Limited
Taylor Made SIM 5W Titanium Diamana Limited
Taylor Made GAPR HI KBS 4,5,
HONMA TW747P 6-11 Vizard 85g
Cleveland 56* Smoke RTX Zipcore DG Spinner
Lajosi 808 Damascus, Callaway S2H2 Tuttle
Seed 01, Maxfli Tour

Got my trial pack, excited to get them out to the course in a couple days. Playing 9 after work on Wed and then playing in a scramble on Saturday.

Both feel nice off the putter just putting at home, slightly prefer the red actually but so close it doent’t matter much. Bouncing a ball off a wedge I like the feel/sound of the black. So we’ll see what happens when I get outside with them. I honestly have no idea which I’ll prefer.

Packaging is great, feels/looks very quality and like what you’d expect for a premium ball. The balls and printing look great too. I need a ball Im visually comfortable with and it’s one reason I’ve gravitated towards Titleist (best logo in the business!)...but after handling these, I’ll be buying the value pack once I decide on Red vs Black, assuming they live up to expectations, which I have no doubt they will.

I really think this is a great business model for golf balls

Titleist 913 D3 / Titleist TSi2 15 / Titleist TS2 19h / Miura CB57 4/6/8/P / Miura 55C / Byron DH89 / Mackenzie

Any higher swing speed players playing the Reds instead of the Black? Also for those that played the original MTB and now play the Black, do you find it spins just as much?

Taylormade M3 8.5* Driver
Callaway Apex 20* Hybrid
Taylormade UDI 2-Iron
Taylormade P760 4-AW w/ PX 6.5
Cleveland RTX-3 55*/60*
Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport Mil-Spec

So I have stopped in at 3 different Big5 locations in the OC area. (I drive a lot so when I see one I stop). They all seem to carry 1-2 boxes of the MTB-Red only (also white only).

Just a thought but if they only are going to carry one offering , why not test packs , 6 of each?

I am guessing this is a test product for Big5 and if they move they can bring in more variations.

Cobra F7+ - Stiff
Callaway V-Series 3 & 5 wood with Aldila Rouge Silver
Srixon 585 5-AW - Modus 105 Stiff
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 53 & 58 Degree
EVNROLL ER5
Srixon XV - Yellow

Any higher swing speed players playing the Reds instead of the Black? Also for those that played the original MTB and now play the Black, do you find it spins just as much?

I'm not a "high swing speed" only around 100mph, but I believe the articles and comparison stories of these balls vs Pro V1 with stronger swing speeds all 3 played basically played identical off the driver, all ball speeds, launch, spin were in .5mph within the 3 balls, launch within 1 degree of all, and spun no more or less than 200rpm between them all, and flew with 1-2 yards of each at most.

rymail00 2018 WITB [i][b] [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1605910-rymail00-2018-witb-pic-heavy/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...witb-pic-heavy/[/url][/b][/i]

[size=3]TM M1 430 8.5* Tour Issue w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70s (with high gloss SLDR finish from Continental Golf)
Titleist 917 F3 15* D+ 80s
Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s
Titleist AP2 718, 5-50* Steelfiber i95s
Scratch TD DW 54* 58* KBS HiRev
Odyssey Metal X Milled 330M (current gamer) [/size]
[size=3]Ping Scottsdale TR B60[/size]
[size=3]TP Mills Heritage 349g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan 006 355g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan Makers Proof #4/5 solid copper [/size]
[size=3]C&L CL1 368g[/size]
Scotty Cameron Newport Studio Style

Yes, i have 120 plus CHS. and i prefer the red to black every day all day.

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

Does anyone (looking at you Dean...) know the approximate compression # for the get sum ball? Also, any update on the new iteration of the get sum Dean?

Thanks!

the GET SUM compression is around 60...we are in prototyping now for new GET SUM balls, and hope to have finalized in month or two, then plan the launch.... so most likely around the fall

Does anyone (looking at you Dean...) know the approximate compression # for the get sum ball? Also, any update on the new iteration of the get sum Dean? Thanks!

with the equipment in your sig, i am surprised that you are interested in the get sum.

BALL; Chrome Soft X

Scheels had both the Red and Black. But not the yellow version. Until I get some yellow ones I’ve set my Snells aside. I’ll probably play through my existing stock of yellow balls and then order some “yellow reds”. I’m giving several leaves of my white ones to friends to try. So far they’ve all been impressed.

Scheels had both the Red and Black. But not the yellow version. Until I get some yellow ones I’ve set my Snells aside. I’ll probably play through my existing stock of yellow balls and then order some “yellow reds”. I’m giving several leaves of my white ones to friends to try. So far they’ve all been impressed.

The Scheels where i live does not have them at all.

BALL; Chrome Soft X

I'm not a "high swing speed" only around 100mph, but I believe the articles and comparison stories of these balls vs Pro V1 with stronger swing speeds all 3 played basically played identical off the driver, all ball speeds, launch, spin were in .5mph within the 3 balls, launch within 1 degree of all, and spun no more or less than 200rpm between them all, and flew with 1-2 yards of each at most.

This is good news. Played ProV1s for years, but stopped because I had dificulty seeing white balls in flight. I was playing Chrome Soft when I stopped playing a couple years ago, and am now getting back into playing again.

SS is slowing down (down to 105 now) so I'm in uncharted territory now regarding balls. According to a recent fitting, I still hit a high ball with a steeper than average approach angle. Hoping for a bit of zip on the ball when it hits the greens as they are harder here in AZ than back east.

My order of a dozen Reds (optic yellow) is in Phoenix, and I should have them in a few days. :)

Primary bag:
Titleist 913 D3 8.5
Titleist 915Fd 13.5
Titleist 913h 17
Mizuno MP-18 4-PW
Scratch wedges 50, 55, and 60
Bettinardi mid-shank putter

Backup bag:
Ping G400 9
Ping G30 fw 13
Ping G30 hybrid 19
Ping iBlade 4-PW power spec
Macgregor VIP wedges 51, 56, and 60
Bettinardi mid-shank putter

The Scheels where i live does not have them at all.

This is the one in Loveland, CO. And they didn’t have much stock, looked like two or three boxes of each was all.

So I have stopped in at 3 different Big5 locations in the OC area. (I drive a lot so when I see one I stop). They all seem to carry 1-2 boxes of the MTB-Red only (also white only).

Just a thought but if they only are going to carry one offering , why not test packs , 6 of each?

I am guessing this is a test product for Big5 and if they move they can bring in more variations.

I checked out Brea & Anaheim (off Orangethorpe & Lemon) stores. Red only. If I get a chance, I will check out the El Segundo HQ store.

I checked out Brea & Anaheim (off Orangethorpe & Lemon) stores. Red only. If I get a chance, I will check out the El Segundo HQ store.

Why not just order direct? Seems a lot easier

Why not just order direct? Seems a lot easier

absolutely. but having a quick local source is not a bad idea, especially you can get it CHEAP.