2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

B. Lincicome to get exemption into PGA Tour event

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to put up a wager against everyone here. If Brittany Lincicome finishes more two shots outside of the cutline, I will delete my golfwrx account. If she finishes inside two shots of the cutline, then you have to delete your golfwrx account.

Who's in?

What is the point of this stupid wager?

Just for fun, make things a little more interesting. You never placed a wager on a sports event before?

I'm going to put up a wager against everyone here. If Brittany Lincicome finishes more two shots outside of the cutline, I will delete my golfwrx account. If she finishes inside two shots of the cutline, then you have to delete your golfwrx account.

Who's in?

Just for fun, make things a little more interesting. You never placed a wager on a sports event before?

In your proposed wager, nobody wins. That's why it is a stupid wager.

Who's in?

A lot of people here would love to see me delete my account.

It's just a stupid golf tournament. Is all this outrage really warranted?

While Im not "outraged", the Barbasol is one of only a handful of "opposite field" PGA Tour events where guys on the lower end of the PGA Tour money and points list can gain valuable points and money to securing their card for next year. I know if it was me, I'd personally be really pissed off if Im the first alternate on the entry list for this tournament and then see an LPGA pro in a one-time publicity stunt get in the tournament because of the sponsor she's tied up with and then get absolutely run over.

Im all for sponsors exemptions, but actually give them to players who can use them to further their PGA Tour careers. This type of stuff is what pro-am's on Wednesdays are for.

At 7100 yds and a 270+ driving avg.....the length won't be an issue for Bam....I'm sure she plays often with long drive competitor husband and the boys back home in Florida at over 7000 yds when she's not fishing or napping.

Where Bam will lag behind the PGA guys is her short game, putting and proximity to the hole on approach shots.

If she hits lightening in a bottle, she could possibly make the cut....Annika could have made the cut at Colonial if she putted better...Annika was a good putter...but not a superior putter.

At a 270 yard driving average, she's gonna be the shortest hitter in the field by a mile. Guys are gonna be hitting it past her with 3-woods on the fly when she's using driver. Even if she has her two best putting and chipping days in her golfing life she's not making the cut. Personally, any finish above the bottom five will be a fantastic two days for her.

Who's in?

Assuming that you want to keep your golfwrx account, you should hope that no one takes you up on your bet :taunt:

Who's in?

You seem harmless, to me. Anyway, they probably just blocked you.

Assuming that you want to keep your golfwrx account, you should hope that no one takes you up on your bet :taunt:

Does that mean you want in? You sound pretty assured of the outcome. I too am confident in my position, that's why this will be a fun wager.

No, I do not want in.

Yes, I am pretty sure of the outcome.

I am totally lost on why this is fun wager.

I know if it was me, I'd personally be really pissed off if Im the first alternate on the entry list for this tournament and then see an LPGA pro in a one-time publicity stunt get in the tournament because of the sponsor she's tied up with and then get absolutely run over.

Im all for sponsors exemptions, but actually give them to players who can use them to further their PGA Tour careers. This type of stuff is what pro-am's on Wednesdays are for.

Sponsor's money....so they can do anything they want....and invite who ever they want.

No different that a local Am being invited and taking up a spot.

If I'm the 1st alternate....it means I've got to play better to keep my card and be happy sponsors put up a purse so one can make a living playing golf.

As I've said....Perio owns Barbasol & Pure Silk....Lincicome is a Pure Silk sponsored pro....she likely has in her contract that she must play xxx amount of corporate events per year of their choice.

They asked...she said yes...it's just that simple...whether she makes the cut or not...who really cares .....as all eyes will be on Eldrick at the Open Championship.

Who's in?

Heh. I see what you're trying to do here.

KBong, the gauntlet has been thrown.

Brittany has a scoring average of 70.4 this season, playing courses that would rated at roughly 71.5 (men). The Grand National Lake is rated at 74.3 at 7289 yards. If she has an average day, she'll likely shoot 73-73. Last year's cut was at -1, so odds are she'll miss the cut by 5 strokes. Last year 10 players missed the cut by 5 or more strokes.

However, she also has 13 rounds (out of 20) in the 60's, including two 65's, and three 66's. If she has an above average two days, she's certainly capable of shooting 70-70, and making the cut.

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

Thought they moved this to Keene Trace in KY?

Yep. Geez, is DP4 the only one that keeps up around here?

Lol. Who watches the Barbasol?

Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge

When Wie played men’s events, there was a feeling that we were just seeing the tip of a brilliant iceberg. Like so many similar delusions, it’s yet to materialize (and the longer it goes, the less likely it is to happen). Whatever her name is is maximizing her game. Good for her. No one’s thinking “could she...?!?”

Thought they moved this to Keene Trace in KY?

Yep. Geez, is DP4 the only one that keeps up around here?

Lol. Who watches the Barbasol?

It sounds like piles medication.

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Srixon z565 Speeder 569 Evo IV SR[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]TaylorMade RBZ 3 wood, [/size][/font][/color][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Matrix Ozik R[/size][/font][/color]
[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#a4a4a4"][size=2]Srixon U65 2 iron, Miyazaki S[/size][/color][/font]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cobra F6 Hybrid 22 degrees RedTie S[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Srixon z945 5-pw w/ DG s200[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Miura Y 51 and K 56 DG Spinner, Yururi Raw 61 KBS [/size][/font][/color][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#a4a4a4][size=2]HiRev[/size][/color][/font]
[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#a4a4a4"][size=2]Odyssey O-Works Black 34"[/size][/color][/font]

No ill will to anyone involved but I'm bored of these novelty sponsor's invites.

I suspect there is no danger of the reverse situation (male invite into an LPGA event) ever happening anytime soon.

[size=2]Titleist 910D3 8.5°
TaylorMade M3 15°
Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Chrome 54° S Grind & 58° C Grind
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2
Titleist Pro V 1x[/size]

No ill will to anyone involved but I'm bored of these novelty sponsor's invites.

I suspect there is no danger of the reverse situation (male invite into an LPGA event) ever happening anytime soon.

Maybe they should give a sponsor's exemption to a middle-aged scratch golfer (typical WRXer who hits it 300) and settle the debate once and for all.

It's sponsor's money and they get to pick whoever they think will be best for their tournament. Sponsor's exemptions do NOT exist to further the careers of golfers who aren't quite there.

I get why they chose Lincicome, they are one of her sponsors.

What I don't get is the focus on Bam-Bam's length. If that was so important, she be higher than 34th in the Rolex rankings, but she's not. I don't think Lydia was very long when she was #1.

It's sponsor's money and they get to pick whoever they think will be best for their tournament. Sponsor's exemptions do NOT exist to further the careers of golfers who aren't quite there.

I get why they chose Lincicome, they are one of her sponsors.

What I don't get is the focus on Bam-Bam's length. If that was so important, she be higher than 34th in the Rolex rankings, but she's not. I don't think Lydia was very long when she was #1.

No, Lydia wasn't long. Neither is the current #1 Inbee. Or So Yeon. Or Shanshan. Or Ai. Or Stacy. Or Jiyai. I'd say that only three of the past 9 #1's could be considered long hitters.

75% of the guys who say they or a low cap man can beat an LPGAer focus only on length. They seem to ignore/forget to account for the pother aspects that make pros good. Linicicome hits it as far or further than most LPGAer's but has had far from a dominating career. Its because AT BEST she has a mediocre short game for a professional golfer. Same for Thompson and Wie. And the comparison someone made to Annika is laughable. Not only was she one of the longer players in her period of dominance she was the best player. Period. End of story. Same can't be said for Lincicome.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby Max Milled 54° & 58°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

75% of the guys who say they or a low cap man can beat an LPGAer focus only on length. They seem to ignore/forget to account for the pother aspects that make pros good. Linicicome hits it as far or further than most LPGAer's but has had far from a dominating career. Its because AT BEST she has a mediocre short game for a professional golfer. Same for Thompson and Wie. And the comparison someone made to Annika is laughable. Not only was she one of the longer players in her period of dominance she was the best player. Period. End of story. Same can't be said for Lincicome.

Actually, Michelle has an excellent short game. Her putting was woeful for years, but has improved greatly in the past two seasons. Her ballstriking was the main reason she underachieved. Her 2016 season was probably the worst. She averaged 55.8% of her fairways (#155/158) with a two-way miss, and 63.3% of her greens (#124/158).

Some of us have been around long enough to see this song & dance before with Annika and Michelle Wie. As others have said, I don't know if it really proves anything (unless the female golfer is in contention to win). When watching Annika and Michelle in their multiple attempts, it often left some fans with the notion that the best female golfer or the upcoming female sensation couldn't compete against the men and thus some fans had the feeling/opinion that the LPGA is an inferior competitive sports product which IMO isn't really fair.

It's fine...it's the sponsors decision and in my opinion, it's done for the primary reason of adding buzz/publicity to the tournament.