2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

MEMBER REVIEWS: SuperStroke Soft Wrap TC Swing Grips

10 GolfWRX Members have been chosen to review SuperStroke Soft Wrap TC Swing Grips.

ABOUT SuperStoke SOFT WRAP TC SWING GRIPS

Less Taper. More Distance.

Taper Control Technology is engineered to create a larger low hand profile reducing taper to minimize grip pressure. Lighter Grip pressure increases clubhead speed for greater distance and promotes a square face at impact maximizing swing efficiency.

FEATURES AND BENEFITS:

• Proprietary ControlTac compound offers ultimate sticky soft feel for superior comfort, dampened vibrations and enhanced tactile performance under any conditions.
  • GeoSpeed Channels are geometrically designed to reduce grip pressure, optimizing energy transference and maximizing speed at impact. Deep, ergonomic channels provided superior comfort.
  • 100% Made in America

Performance Characteristics:

• Feel Level: Soft
  • Tack Level: High
  • Wet Friction Level: Mid
  • Feedback Level: Mid

View on SuperStroke's Web Site

Let's keep this thread clear until the testers being posting.

Follow our Two Guys Talkin Golf (TG2) Podcast on Instagram + Twitter + iTunes + SoundCloud
 Click here to grab a new "circle" avatar

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a Ping S57 7 iron that matches my iron specs very well that I use as a test bed for trying out different swing grips, so that's what I put the SuperStroke grip on.

My impressions are quite positive, and overall I'd call the grip a combination of the best attributes of the Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2G and the Golf Pride CP2 Wrap. You get the lessened taper of the CP2, but with even more tack and surface texture than the Tour Wrap 2G. The grip is soft and tacky without being overly squishy, and there isn't any sensation of the grip twisting in your hands at impact. It also doesn't dull the feedback from impact too much as some grips like this can.

Super Stroke are definitely on the right track with this grip, and I think Lamkin and Golf Pride need to be looking over their shoulder if SS continues to put out swing grips of this quality. I would very seriously consider switching to this grip if I played somewhere cooler and less humid, but since I live and play in Florida I will be sticking with cord grips for now.

Really fun to get a chance to give this grip a test drive, so thanks very much to Super Stroke and WRX!

OEM Certified Master Fitter

"Never forget that the luxury of being
wrong is not enough to make you right."
WITB Link

my grips came in! sweet! i will be getting them installed this week, and putting into play on sunday.

some pics to whet the appetite...

IMG_8764.jpg

IMG_8765.jpg

IMG_8766.jpg

IMG_8767.jpg

initial thoughts: these grips are sticky. they have a distinct shine to them, so i'm guessing that coating is what is helping create that feeling. i am a profuse hand sweater (grosser than it sounds, believe me) and i can go thru 2-3 gloves a round easy. recently, i had actually been going gloveless with the lamkin utx and that had been working out fine... but when the humidity of the DC metro area finally hit, my hands were slipping.

very interested to test these grips and see how they do. i hope they live up to the feeling they have right out of the box.

thanks again to golfwrx and superstroke for giving me the opportunity to try these out. much appreciated.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

Place holder. 3 grips received, but have not had a chance to install yet. Will try and get that done in the next day or 2.

post-30879-0-61908400-1529173649.jpg

OK, finally got around to getting these installed. I put them on my driver, 4 hybrid, and my pitching wedge.

Just looking at them, they appear to be slick, but are in fact quite tacky to my hand. They weighed 52 grams each.

My normal grips are Winn Dri-Tacs because I live and play in Texas. It has been unusually hot and humid already his year. I love the Dri-Tacs. They are everything I want in a grip, except, they wear out waaay too easily. I especially like the ability to hold a club securely even with sweaty hands, and I like the cushioning effect of the grip.

Ok, on to the Supertrokes! I had a practice round with them on Thursday, played a full round with them yesterday, and had a lesson today...because I played so badly yesterday.

Feel, was just ok for me, about what I expected. Texture of the grip was less than desirable though. As slick as they look, it doesn't really offer much of a texture feel in your hands. They are tacky feeling, but with almost no texture to them. I had no problem holding onto the clubs, but just felt something was lacking, if that makes sense.

Performance was surprisingly good. Full swings, half shots, chips all felt good through out. They actually performed much better than I had originally thought they would. I'm not ready to swap the Dri-Tacs out for them just yet, but I will leave them on for the duration and see how they hold up thru the summer.

Special thanks to GolfWRX and SuperStroke for these grips and this opportunity. I appreciate it.

Grips received yesterday. Will try & get them on my wedges by this weekend for a couple tournaments in the coming days. Will post pics & reviews later.

Thanks again GolfWRX & SuperStroke!

Driver: Titleist TSR3 UST Mamiya Prototype  

Fairways: Titleist TS2 13.5* UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue

Utility: Titleist U500 19* Fujikura Ventus Blue HB

Irons:  T350 4 & 5, T200 6-PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges: Vokey SM9 48*, 52*, 56*

Putter: L.A.B. Golf MEZZ.1 Proto 

Ball: ProV1 Left Dot

I was able to install one on my gap wedge and played a round with it. I have some new clubs coming and want to put the others on, too. I agree with most of the above:

• Great looking wrap style grip.
  • Great tacky feel. I had some Winn DriTacs on my clubs previously (didn't like the durability of those) and the SS TC Wrap has a "tackier" feel.
  • I was telling our pro about them and he hadn't seen one. He said he wasn't impressed by SS's earlier club grips, but when he looked at my wedge, he said,"Wow. These are really nice. What a nice feel these have."

It will take longer to fully review these. I want to try one on my driver and a mid-iron and we'll see how they feel after some wear. I have a lot of golf coming up and these should get a thorough testing. So far: very impressed.

UPDATE 6/25/18: I just got back from a week of golf in Michigan and was able to put these through their paces under a variety of conditions. Cool and damp early mornings, hot and humid afternoons, brief rain showers, etc. I like these grips a lot. They have certainly displaced the Winn DriTacs I had on my clubs, which don't hold their new feel very long. As others have noted, these feel solid with every club: no fear of hand slippage or stretching of the grip, etc. I took advantage of the discount offered testers and bought some more, so that is really my review--I'm going to use these the rest of this season on all my clubs.

My one complaint is that they get dirty easier than other grips. After a round or two, they felt like they had gathered dust and lost some of the great tackiness they have and even felt a little slick. All it took was a quick wipe with grip restorer and they were like new. For me, getting that tacky feel with the lessened taper at the bottom makes them worth that occasional extra step.

Driver: Srixon 785 (Helium f4 49g) 3 & 5 Woods: TaylorMade M6 (FW 6s) Hybrid: Cleveland Launcher Halo  4 (22º) Miyazaki C Kua 60  Irons: Srixon 585 5-AW (Steelfifber 95s). Wedges: TaylorMade R-Series Tour Grind EF Spin Groove 52º-9, 56º-10 (KBS Wedge Shaft) Golf Pride MCC+4 grips. Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide Flow, Double Bend Shaft, Stroke Lab Oversize Grip

I love the feeling and learning how to swing smoothly with it. I mixed up with couple grips (std/midsize) for past few days until I tested out Soft Wrap TC two days ago then decided on std with one tape which felt rightly in between STD - MIDSIZE. So, my 4-PW Ben Hogan Ft Worth Black irons, SCOR4161 wedges and a G30 driver "calibrated" as of now.

Taylor Made Spider Mini is going to be in my bag soon before my match play in couple days :)

13.5 BRNR | 18* G430 5W | 22* G430 4H
P7TW 5-PW | MG4 TW 56* & 60*
Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5
| Pro V1

I was not part of the winners for these grips, but I have a couple installed right now to test out up against my Pure wraps.

• They have less taper than the Pures, which I actually like on my driver, calms my hands a bit.
  • They are very tacky, much like the Pures
  • Its a good looking grip.
  • Its very good at shock absorbtion. I do not wear a glove so this is a must for me.
  • Havent had experience with issues with rain or wet grips.

So far, I like these. We will see if they can unseat my Pures.

Aerojet 10.5, turned to 9.5*-  Ventus Blue TR 6x
Cobra F9 3w - Atmos TS Blue 7x
T300 4i (19*) - UST Recoil 95 F4
Srixon 565/765 Combo 5-PW - Project X 5.5hs
SM5 50,54,58,62 - F,K,S Grinds - Rifle 6.0
Odyssey OTR putter
TP5x

Like everyone else received the 3 pk of test grips. Currently have a mix of Tour Velvets & New Decades on my clubs, so pretty stiff competition but not a great "apples to apples " comparison. I've put the test grips on a gap wedge & 7 iron to date.

Initial thought was grips were very similar to a Tour Wrap, which is a popular grip that I've never been crazy about. As others have reported they are very soft & sticky, I'd describe them as almost "gooey." Installation was easy but they are so soft you can actually get them on too far, which I'd not seen before. First impression was that they were a bit thin & I wondered how they'd hold up to Houston humidity. Reduced taper was not nearly as dramatic as MCC +4, which was a good thing. Frankly I wasn't wowed initially.

My opinion began to change however when I got them on the range. Tack was great, feel was good and they gave a very "sure" feel w/o too much grip pressure. Need to spend some more time to see how they hold up to moisture, but so far I'd say they were a pleasant surprise.

The only negative I've seen is a really strong rubber/chemical smell which was so bad you could smell it outside! If 2 clubs were that bad I'd hate to see what a whole set would be like. Hopefully that goes away.

Some combo of any or all:

Ping G400 LST 10* w/ Px Evenflow Blue 75 6.0
Rogue SZ 15* w/ Px Evenflow Blue 75 6.0
Cally 416 19* Hybrid w/ Diamana S+ 82g Stiff
4-PW: Callaway (OG) Apex w/ KBS PGI 80g / Bridgestone J40 Combo 4-P w/ Steelfiber i95 Stiff
52*, 56* Vokey SM5's

60* Wilson Staff
Ping Ti Anser Wrx

• 1 month later...

Like everyone else received the 3 pk of test grips. Currently have a mix of Tour Velvets & New Decades on my clubs, so pretty stiff competition but not a great "apples to apples " comparison. I've put the test grips on a gap wedge & 7 iron to date.

Initial thought was grips were very similar to a Tour Wrap, which is a popular grip that I've never been crazy about. As others have reported they are very soft & sticky, I'd describe them as almost "gooey." Installation was easy but they are so soft you can actually get them on too far, which I'd not seen before. First impression was that they were a bit thin & I wondered how they'd hold up to Houston humidity. Reduced taper was not nearly as dramatic as MCC +4, which was a good thing. Frankly I wasn't wowed initially.

My opinion began to change however when I got them on the range. Tack was great, feel was good and they gave a very "sure" feel w/o too much grip pressure. Need to spend some more time to see how they hold up to moisture, but so far I'd say they were a pleasant surprise.

The only negative I've seen is a really strong rubber/chemical smell which was so bad you could smell it outside! If 2 clubs were that bad I'd hate to see what a whole set would be like. Hopefully that goes away.

Here's an update:

- glad to report that the odor issue has dissipated.

- after testing in record Houston heat & humidity I can report that the grip is great w/ a leather glove. Unfortunately it's not as good with a damp bare hand. After a few slipping right hands I've given up on these grips completely.

If you like GP Tour Wrap you'll like these. Unfortunately, I don't. Sorry SS.

Some combo of any or all:

Ping G400 LST 10* w/ Px Evenflow Blue 75 6.0
Rogue SZ 15* w/ Px Evenflow Blue 75 6.0
Cally 416 19* Hybrid w/ Diamana S+ 82g Stiff
4-PW: Callaway (OG) Apex w/ KBS PGI 80g / Bridgestone J40 Combo 4-P w/ Steelfiber i95 Stiff
52*, 56* Vokey SM5's

60* Wilson Staff
Ping Ti Anser Wrx

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE: after several rounds and one range session, i am disappointed to report that the initial tackiness essentially disappeared in wet weather. i played 2x in very humid conditions this past weekend, and i could not hold onto my 5w for the life of me, even after changing gloves. i really enjoyed the grip in dry conditions, but once these got wet, they were plain awful. no chance i use these on any other club, and i'm cutting off this one as soon as possible.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

Agree, any kind of moisture whether rain, sweat, or dew turns these grips into a greased pig. Even in rain gloves, these gloves become completely unusable in less than ideal conditions.

WITB Link

Is there a grip that doesnt turn into a greased pig (that was LOL funny by the way) in the rain? If its raining, I dont even head out to play - its the popup storm that gets me.

Aerojet 10.5, turned to 9.5*-  Ventus Blue TR 6x
Cobra F9 3w - Atmos TS Blue 7x
T300 4i (19*) - UST Recoil 95 F4
Srixon 565/765 Combo 5-PW - Project X 5.5hs
SM5 50,54,58,62 - F,K,S Grinds - Rifle 6.0
Odyssey OTR putter
TP5x

Is there a grip that doesnt turn into a greased pig (that was LOL funny by the way) in the rain? If its raining, I dont even head out to play - its the popup storm that gets me.

I've found cord grips with rain gloves to do surprisingly well.

WITB Link

• 2 weeks later...

I love SS putter grips. I was interested in this one, but disappointed in the reviews on tack when less than dry. I bought a few of the TX1's and those grips were horrible. It's the only cord grip I have ever felt that became slick in a couple of months.

Super Stroke really needs to get someone over the swinging grip department who knows what they are doing as instead of making inroads against Golf Pride, Lamkin, Pure, et. al., they are just repeatedly shooting themselves in the foot.

Taylormade Sim2 10.5° (turned down to 9°) - Tensei White 60 stiff

Ping G400 3 and 5 Woods - Diamana D+ Limited 70 stiff

Ping G400 22° Hybrid - Diamana D+ 90 Stiff

Ping i200 5-UW - Modus Tour 105 stiff

Vokey SM4 54° and 58° - DGS-300

Cameron Special Select Newport 2