club made in Japan?

DanX

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nowadays hard to name one

You have to go back 5-10 years when Endo made clubs in Japan for Epon, Yamaha, OnOff, PRGR...

Epic Speed 9* (VeloCore Blue 6S))

SIM2 Ti 15* (Tour AD BB 6SR)

Apex UW 17* (stock HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 5.5)

0311XP Gen3 4-PW (Accra 90i S)

RTX ZipCore 52* Mid (DG Tour Issue)

SM9 58-10S (DG)

HiToe 64* (HiRev 2.0)
Eleven CS

Any urethane “X” ball

Though the company that owns it isn't Japanese, Honma clubs and shafts are made in Japan.

I had thought this also but there’s a thread on TSG that disputes this (assembled in Japan but forged in China). I don’t know who to believe at this point

SM9 58-10S (DG)

HiToe 64* (HiRev 2.0)
Eleven CS

Any urethane “X” ball

Yeah, confusing to say the least. My TW-U driving irons and their shafts say "Made in Japan Sakata," so I have no other reason to believe otherwise seeing how strict Japanese laws are on labeling of products.

There is a good article on MGS which says that they outsourced some manufacturing of the Tour World line to China to "meet demand." The article also says....

By going more mainstream with the Tour World line, there's criticism Honma is diluting the brand under a narrative of volume sales. This feeling exacerbated by the outsourcing to China, which leaves some of the Tour World Series irons and wedges void of the renowned "Made in JAPAN, Sakata" stamp.

So, if I am reading it correct, if you see the "Made in Japan, Sakata" on the club it's made in Japan. If not, it's assembled in Japan.

14 Beaten and Battered clubs,

a few balls and tees,

tattered golf bag and

one unwavering spirit that loves the game

Several of the series when purchased new in store will state on the box they come in "made in china". Very few models are "made in japan". What I have found is all of the GI clubs are chinese, where select forged irons are made and assembled in Japan. It seems to me they just moved some of their process to China that they no longer wanted to support in house

[b][color=#8b4513]Wyoming[/color] [color=#ffd700]Cowboys[/color][/b]

My working assumption is that Miura and Epon (Endo’s brand name) forged heads are Japanese forged. They are not always assembled in Japan. They do sell just heads and are assembled by builders everywhere, including the U.S.

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

My working assumption is that Miura and Epon (Endo’s brand name) forged heads are Japanese forged. They are not always assembled in Japan. They do sell just heads and are assembled by builders everywhere, including the U.S.

Endo has a plant in Thailand. Not sure what the split is between Japan & Thailand.

Miura’s Passing Point Neo Genesis line is made in China & inspected in Japan.

SM9 58-10S (DG)

HiToe 64* (HiRev 2.0)
Eleven CS

Any urethane “X” ball

Endo has a plant in Thailand. Not sure what the split is between Japan & Thailand.

Sorry, I meant Miura’s one piece forgings. Neo Genesis is a two piece club. The face is an insert. I try to avoid Chinese forging unless certain circumstances, siuch as the OEM owns the forging house or the house is known and expected. China is a huge country and some manufacturers make excellent heads and some are really no better than counterfeit clubs the tolerances are so loose.

Thailand I don’t know much about golf-wise. Taiwan manufacturing is well-regarded in many fields, such as steel bicycle frames, which are outstanding in my epxerience. The challenge is China can be great or awful, and it can be difficult for consumers to know.

This one for sure made in Japan with decent price and some bargain too.

https://store.shopping.yahoo.co.jp/toho562/?page=1

Driver -
Ryoma- crazy royal deco
Fw -
#3 Cally Legacy'10 - Diamana R.
#5 Rbz stg1 tour TP std Rul.
#7 Cleaveland Launcher 1st gen std Fuji gold.
Irons -
#4-Hy JBeam - Attas.
#5-Pw Miura BB - MR MTI.
Wedges -
52 & 58 Fourteen Rm 12 std Dg.
Putter -
Lajosi dd copper.

My working assumption is that Miura and Epon (Endo's brand name) forged heads are Japanese forged. They are not always assembled in Japan. They do sell just heads and are assembled by builders everywhere, including the U.S.

Miura's Passing Point Neo Genesis line is made in China & inspected in Japan.

Sorry, I meant Miura's one piece forgings. Neo Genesis is a two piece club. The face is an insert. I try to avoid Chinese forging unless certain circumstances, siuch as the OEM owns the forging house or the house is known and expected. China is a huge country and some manufacturers make excellent heads and some are really no better than counterfeit clubs the tolerances are so loose.

Thailand I don't know much about golf-wise. Taiwan manufacturing is well-regarded in many fields, such as steel bicycle frames, which are outstanding in my epxerience. The challenge is China can be great or awful, and it can be difficult for consumers to know.

The Endo plant in Thailand is suppose to be brilliant

all features done in house,chroming etc

One of the top clubmakers in Singapore has toured it and gave it 100%

My working assumption is that Miura and Epon (Endo's brand name) forged heads are Japanese forged. They are not always assembled in Japan. They do sell just heads and are assembled by builders everywhere, including the U.S.

Sorry, I meant Miura's one piece forgings. Neo Genesis is a two piece club. The face is an insert. I try to avoid Chinese forging unless certain circumstances, siuch as the OEM owns the forging house or the house is known and expected. China is a huge country and some manufacturers make excellent heads and some are really no better than counterfeit clubs the tolerances are so loose.

Thailand I don't know much about golf-wise. Taiwan manufacturing is well-regarded in many fields, such as steel bicycle frames, which are outstanding in my epxerience. The challenge is China can be great or awful, and it can be difficult for consumers to know.

Good info and not surprising. The technology and precision in some of these plants is remarkable. I have a steel bicycle frame — steel frames are lighter these days and last forever, far longer than carbon fiber or fragile aluminum — and it was laser-welded in a new plant in Taiwan. The finish on it is perfect. No thick weld beads like you usually see.

Your post tells me Endo forged in Thailand means worth considering.

The key thing is know is: is the Manufacturing PROCESS and QA/QC the same or better in these low cost regions vs Japan? Obviously the labor rate & taxes are lower but if the processes aren’t compromised, then in the end, it shouldn’t matter.

SM9 58-10S (DG)

HiToe 64* (HiRev 2.0)
Eleven CS

Any urethane “X” ball

• 3 weeks later...

Nowadays hard to name one

You have to go back 5-10 years when Endo made clubs in Japan for Epon, Yamaha, OnOff, PRGR...

Epon is Endo's own brand they make!

Yes, but they do have and also use the plant in Taiwan. The forgings from this plant are as good perhaps better than the forgings in Japan as this is there newest most state of the art facility.

Good info and not surprising. The technology and precision in some of these plants is remarkable. I have a steel bicycle frame — steel frames are lighter these days and last forever, far longer than carbon fiber or fragile aluminum — and it was laser-welded in a new plant in Taiwan. The finish on it is perfect. No thick weld beads like you usually see.

Your post tells me Endo forged in Thailand means worth considering.

Taiwan is good for steels products like bicycle frames and golf shafts eg KBS. As for Thailand it is one of the largest car manufacturing regions in the southern hemisphere, hence ENDO being in Thailand. Interestingly Thailand seems to be a destination for golf manufactuing, Golf Pride (and I think Lamkin) have manufacturing facilities there, Foot Joy as well, I know their Pure Touch glove is made in Thailand.

• 4 weeks later...

My working assumption is that Miura and Epon (Endos brand name) forged heads are Japanese forged. They are not always assembled in Japan. They do sell just heads and are assembled by builders everywhere, including the U.S.

Miuras Passing Point Neo Genesis line is made in China & inspected in Japan.

Sorry, I meant Miuras one piece forgings. Neo Genesis is a two piece club. The face is an insert. I try to avoid Chinese forging unless certain circumstances, siuch as the OEM owns the forging house or the house is known and expected. China is a huge country and some manufacturers make excellent heads and some are really no better than counterfeit clubs the tolerances are so loose.

Thailand I dont know much about golf-wise. Taiwan manufacturing is well-regarded in many fields, such as steel bicycle frames, which are outstanding in my epxerience. The challenge is China can be great or awful, and it can be difficult for consumers to know.

I thought all Miura’s are two piece - spin welded necks.

Sorry, I meant Miura’s one piece forgings. Neo Genesis is a two piece club. The face is an insert. I try to avoid Chinese forging unless certain circumstances, siuch as the OEM owns the forging house or the house is known and expected. China is a huge country and some manufacturers make excellent heads and some are really no better than counterfeit clubs the tolerances are so loose.

Thailand I don’t know much about golf-wise. Taiwan manufacturing is well-regarded in many fields, such as steel bicycle frames, which are outstanding in my epxerience. The challenge is China can be great or awful, and it can be difficult for consumers to know.

I thought all Miura’s are two piece - spin welded necks.

I think you are correct on that point - there are videos of the Miura & MG models having the hosel spin welded. I think are only a handful of brands that make fully single piece clubs, and then you get brands milling from single blocks of forged steel for their irons eg Seven Golf.