Precision Pro NX7/NX7 Pro

Going to england in 2 weeks for 6 weeks over summer spent last 48 hours looking for a rangefinder reviews seem excellent looks like I’ll be ordering when home from work- is it water resistant or water proof?

Thanks for your question. It sounds like you have an awesome trip coming up! #jealous

Our rangefinders are water resistant. You don't need to worry about it when playing in the rain. Short of a torrential downpour, you'll be A-okay!

Enjoy your trip!

How awesome is it to have the actual manufacturer of the product communicate directly to us, the customers, through this forum?! What a great move by Precision Pro. Just to clarify....are we able to use the GOLFWRX discount code for the $20 off, AND get the $30 mail-in rebate? Thanks!

Thanks! We love talking with all of you, too! This has been a great forum for us and golfwrx.com is a great site ran by a great group of people.

And the answer to your question is yes -- you can combine the $20 off using the GOLFWRX discount code AND then still redeem the $30 mail-in-rebate. However, the $30 rebate expires at the end of the month and won't return again this year, so act fast!

I had an interesting thought now that I have NX7 Pro with slope

When I shoot a flag, where should i shoot it? The flag itself, the middle of the pole where the prisms are, or the lower portion near the cup? What does Precision Pro recommend? Shooting various parts of the flag has given me different adjusted numbers.

Side note, as a math & science guy, what is the math calculation being made for the adjustment? Wouldn't it need to know ball flight of the user to be truly accurate or is the amount of slope affecting the yardage constant no matter ball flight?

We recommend shooting the flag. In most situations, that's going to be the easiest and fastest target to pick up. Any discrepancy between the flag and the pin should be minimal. If there's a significant difference between the two, there's a chance that the laser is missing the pin and picking up something else.

As for the slope calculation... our slope is calculated by little gremlins that live inside the rangefinder's casing. ;) j/k

Here's a link to a page that can explain how a rangefinder's slope is calculated. Fyi... all brands use the same slope calculations. There's no 'proprietary calculations' like some might claim in their marketing. What really separates rangefinder companies from one another are things like price, durability, optics, consistency, and the customer support that the company provides to its customers.

Hope that answers your question. Thanks!

Thanks for all of the helpful posts members & vendor!

Just ordered the NX7 (non-pro) after considering used Bushnell (still so expensive!) and Amazon’s “chosen” TecTecTec. Thanks for the heads up on the $20 coupon and $30 rebate. Easy decision.

Looks like a great package and hoping to use it this weekend!

Thanks for all of the helpful posts members & vendor!

Just ordered the NX7 (non-pro) after considering used Bushnell (still so expensive!) and Amazon’s “chosen” TecTecTec. Thanks for the heads up on the $20 coupon and $30 rebate. Easy decision.

Looks like a great package and hoping to use it this weekend!

Thanks for choosing Precision Pro Golf! And, since you're now part of our golf family, you can take a look at our Precision Care Package and familiarize yourself with some of the benefits you receive. We hope you enjoy your new rangefinder!

Just to give those who are the fence an idea of performance, I played a course I don't know the other day and my laser to check distances by shooting the small verticle yardage markers at 200, 150 and 100. Lots of doglegs so I needed an idea on yardages from the tee. The laser picked up the first one at 254 yards with no issue. Triple checked it and then measured against a GPS. I was really surprised it picked up the markers because they were not big at all.

Was looking for an entry level range finder, ended up deciding between the NX7 and CaddyTek. Read through some threads here on WRX of course to get some reviews and found PrecisionPro themselves responding to comments, and realized they were a site sponsor, so I went ahead and ordered from them. That was at 12:02pm here on the WestCoast... I just got an email (1:42pm) that it' has been shipped. Impressive. Looking forward to trying it out and happy to support site affiliates!

I was in the market for my first rangefinder and after seeing the service, support, and interaction on here by the Precision Pro team I decided to order the NX7 Pro. Good business practice being accessible to your customers. I am looking forward to using my new rangefinder, hopefully by the end of the week. Fingers crossed!

Just ordered the NX7 Pro!! So stoked.

How well does it zap targets other than the flag (i.e if I wanna know how far to a trap or hazard)?

No issues picking up bunkers, trees (i.e. to determine distance through a dogleg), distance to carry water hazards, etc.

Very fast performance with little difficulty distinguishing the flag from the "background noise." Easily better in this regard than my old Leupold GX3, which I liked just fine (until I lost it).

Just got my rebate check in the mail (2 to 3 weeks). I'm a happy customer.

Taylormade M5 9* w/Prolaunch Blue 45
Taylormade Stealth 3HL 16.5* w/Proforce V2 65 
Taylormade M2 5HL 21* w/Proforce V2 65
Adams Pro Mini Hybrids: 23*, 26* w/VS Proto 95
Srixon Zx65 Combo Irons (Z565 6, Z765 7-9, Z965 PW) w/TT AMT Black
Vokeys: SM7 52-12F, SM7 58-12D, WedgeWorks 60-10V (at 62-12), all w/Pro Modus3 115 Wedge
Odyssey DXF Doublewide

I was in the market for my first rangefinder and after seeing the service, support, and interaction on here by the Precision Pro team I decided to order the NX7 Pro. Good business practice being accessible to your customers. I am looking forward to using my new rangefinder, hopefully by the end of the week. Fingers crossed!

Thanks! We love being a part of the GolfWRX forum. It's a great place with a lot of good people who love the game. It's fun!

And thanks for ordering a Precision Pro Golf rangefinder! We hope you enjoy it. Be sure to take a look at the Precision Care Package to know all the benefits that you receive by being a part of our golf family.

My NX7 Pro arrived on Thursday and I was able to use it during 3 rounds over the weekend. It works great and I love the vibration feature. The only downside so far is I apparently don't have steady enough hands for long shots, shots of >150-200 yards I can't seem to get the pin. I can shoot a tree or bunker from that distance, but not a flag/pin.

My NX7 Pro arrived on Thursday and I was able to use it during 3 rounds over the weekend. It works great and I love the vibration feature. The only downside so far is I apparently don't have steady enough hands for long shots, shots of >150-200 yards I can't seem to get the pin. I can shoot a tree or bunker from that distance, but not a flag/pin.

That surprises me. Try it some more to see if you get the hang of it. If not, I would let some of your buddies give it a try to see if they have the same issue with your unit. I have no trouble shooting pins out to 250 or so, sometimes farther. I don't think I have especially steady hands.

Vokeys: SM7 52-12F, SM7 58-12D, WedgeWorks 60-10V (at 62-12), all w/Pro Modus3 115 Wedge
Odyssey DXF Doublewide

I got an NX7 for Father's Day, and was able to use it, for the first time, yesterday afternoon. It's so easy to use, and I can't say enough good things about it. It was nice to be able to know an exact distance, rather than an estimated guess based off of some incorrect markers. So far, so good. Thanks, Precision Pro for making such a quality product, offering it at a quality price, and backing it up with great support!

That surprises me. Try it some more to see if you get the hang of it. If not, I would let some of your buddies give it a try to see if they have the same issue with your unit. I have no trouble shooting pins out to 250 or so, sometimes farther. I don't think I have especially steady hands.

Small update: I played last night and I was able to get a reading on a flag/pin 289 yards away. I was certainly impressed!

Mine works fantastic. The only issue I have is picking up a pin when I am playing a hole that is uphill. I either get a yardage that is way short because it is picking up the mound/hill or a yardage that is way too far because of the trees in the background. Does anyone have any tips on how to get the flag in this case?

Mine works fantastic. The only issue I have is picking up a pin when I am playing a hole that is uphill. I either get a yardage that is way short because it is picking up the mound/hill or a yardage that is way too far because of the trees in the background. Does anyone have any tips on how to get the flag in this case?

Are you saying you can't see the flag, and therefore have to shoot something either short or long? If so, I don't think there is anything you can do, other than shoot something else that you think is close (i.e. the lip of a bunker that you know is at the front of the green, etc.). If you are saying you can see the flag, but still can't get a distance, I don't have an answer for you as I've never had trouble getting a distance on anything I can see.

Odyssey DXF Doublewide

Are you saying you can't see the flag, and therefore have to shoot something either short or long? If so, I don't think there is anything you can do, other than shoot something else that you think is close (i.e. the lip of a bunker that you know is at the front of the green, etc.). If you are saying you can see the flag, but still can't get a distance, I don't have an answer for you as I've never had trouble getting a distance on anything I can see.

Thanks for the response and it is the latter. I can see half or a third of the flag, but can't seem to get the yardage. It only happens every once in a while, but there is a particular hole on my home course that is an uphill par 5, and unless you are within 40 yards of the green you can only see half of the pin.

I have played about 12-15 rounds with NX7 Pro now and quite happy with its performance. Measuring the distance to the flag up to 200 yards is very easy and fast. The pin over 220-230 yards away need a little effort but still no hassle. Reading a fairway marker stick from more than 150 yards seems to be tricky for me. These are however not any easier or harder than my friend's top of the line Bushnell rangefinder but much easier than little older model from other manufactures.

Only problem I had was the carabiner clip that came with the case was broken after a couple of weeks. The customer service said they will send me a replacement. I am also waiting for mail in rebate check.

Overall, I really liked the online ordering, tracking system, and customer service of Precision Pro Golf better than many others. I already recommended NX7 Pro to my friends. I just hope this will last long without any problems.

Is the Golfwrx promotion code still going on?

Taylormade M2 10.5° [color=#0000ff]Graphite Design AD-BB 7x[/color]
Titleist 913 FD 15° [color=#a9a9a9]Diamana 'Ahina 70x[/color]
Titleist 716 AP2 3 iron [color=#a9a9a9]Accra 110i[/color]
Titleist 716 MB 4-PW [color=#0000ff]Project X 6.0[/color]
Vokey [color=#000000]Jet Black [/color]SM7 52° 56° 60° [color=#000000]S400 Tour Issue Black Onyx[/color]
Scotty Cameron Newport [color=#daa520]Teryllium[/color] Sole Stamp

Is the Golfwrx promotion code still going on?

I think the $30 rebate ended june 30th but the GolfWRX code still works.

I ordered mine last tuesday and it arrived today. I have always used a gps but I think this will work so much better and combined with the gps it should be great. Havent got it on the course yet but I can tell you how far away all the light poles in my work parking lot is and also the slope yardage to the steeple on the church down the street. LOL