Vice Golf Balls "Half the Price"...

TheLarch

Seems like there's a commercial every fifteen minutes on Golf Channel advertising Vice golf balls at half the price of other balls. So I go to their website and a dozen Vice Pro balls are $34.95. That's half the price of a dozen balls that sell for $69.90. And that doesn't include the $6.95 shipping charge. I don't know anyone who pays $69.90 for a dozen balls, but I don't get out as much as I used to...

Callaway 2015 Great Big Bertha 10.5
Callaway Great Big Bertha ll 3W & 5W
Callaway Steelhead lll 9 wood 
Ben Hogan Apex Edge 4/E
Cleveland 588 TA 51* & 56* 
Ray Cook Blue Goose 

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they're referring to the price if you buy 4-5 dozen at a time, which compared to 4-5 dozen Pro V1's or TP5's is about half the price.

Most folks probably go through that many golf balls in a season, so in the grand scheme of things they are half the price, asssuming you bite the bullet and order in bulk.

If you adjust on their website to say 5 dozen golf balls, they're $24.95/dozen

I play the Pro+ and absolutely love them. Highly suggest giving them a chance (the "selected pack" is a good place to start and see which you like most).

I wish they offered a select pack of only their high end balls. I'd like to try them but don't really need their cheap ones too. Really wish I could just get a sleeve of the Pro and Pro+. They should offer single sleeves at a cheap price with cheap shipping as a one time trial per address.

Trying to decide between Snell and Vice and sticking with ProV. Have the sample of Snell on the way with the mix black/red MTB.

Titleist 913 D3 / Titleist TSi2 15 / Titleist TS2 19h / Miura CB57 4/6/8/P / Miura 55C / Byron DH89 / Mackenzie

I think they're referring to the price if you buy 4-5 dozen at a time, which compared to 4-5 dozen Pro V1's or TP5's is about half the price.

Most folks probably go through that many golf balls in a season, so in the grand scheme of things they are half the price, asssuming you bite the bullet and order in bulk.

If you adjust on their website to say 5 dozen golf balls, they're $24.95/dozen

I play the Pro+ and absolutely love them. Highly suggest giving them a chance (the "selected pack" is a good place to start and see which you like most).

OP: +1 to everything Bomber_11 said.

For my own experience: I switched from the TM TP5 to the Vice Pro this season, and I would say it provides equal, if not greater, performance to the TP5. I said "F*** it" before even trying Vice's products and ordered 4 dozen golf balls to keep the price (per dozen) down; I have not been disappointed.

Their golf gloves aren't half bad either, and I would say just as good as Titleist, FJ, and any of the other "high-end" golf glove brands. Like their golf balls, the more you order, the less the cost per item is.

I understand the Vice model coming from Germany and all but for me they are cost prohibitive as I typically only buy 2 dozen balls at a time and there are much better values out there in my opinion with Snell, Cut and the Maxfli U series to name a few. No offense to the ball as, for me, they are decent. Just cannot justify the cost when I can get the same performance for much cheaper. If you buy 4/5 dozen at a time then these are priced well.

How does the Pro+ compare to the ProV1x?

Titleist TSi3 10* TPO 1K 60-TX
Titleist 917F3 15* VA Composite Drago 75-X
Titleist TSr3 19* Ventus Black 10-TX
Mizuno MP-20 4-9 PX 6.5

Mizuno T20 47-07 PX 6.5

Mizuno T22 52-09 56-10 PX 6.5

Vokey SM9 60-04T PX Wedge 6.5
Special Select Squareback 2 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 1.0

ProV1x

Give us a try! We don't have any gimmicks on needing to buy bulk in order to get the advertised price. As dave5405 just mentioned, buying bulk from us is an even greater savings. We also offer trial sleeves in case you want to make sure you like our golf balls before purchasing.

I would recommend the trial sleeves. I got both Cut urethane models for 12.50 shipped. So it's a pretty cheap experiment.

I also have the Vice select pack, but that one will run you about $25. And they send you all 5 models, which is a bummer since I'm only considering the urethane models.

Driver, 3W, 4W - Macgregor Custom Tourney
2-10 - 1954 Spalding Synchro Dyned
SW - Wilson Staff
Putter - Bullseye
Ball - Pro Plus

YT Channel - [url="https://www.youtube.com/PlayVintageGolf"]https://www.youtube....PlayVintageGolf[/url]

I am getting more distance with the Pro+

You're not. Golf balls are only allowed to go so far. They all go comparable distances (even surlyn) if you really want to break it down.

Not all balls go the same distance for each person. It's a matter of getting the proper fit. Same thing with drivers, just because they're all max COR doesn't mean they all go the same distance for every person.

The differences likely aren't huge, but they can exist.

SW - Wilson Staff
Putter - Bullseye
Ball - Pro Plus

YT Channel - [url="https://www.youtube.com/PlayVintageGolf"]https://www.youtube....PlayVintageGolf[/url]

Seems like there's a commercial every fifteen minutes on Golf Channel advertising Vice golf balls at half the price of other balls. So I go to their website and a dozen Vice Pro balls are $34.95. That's half the price of a dozen balls that sell for $69.90. And that doesn't include the $6.95 shipping charge. I don't know anyone who pays $69.90 for a dozen balls, but I don't get out as much as I used to...

So if you really went to their site, the first the you would have seen after you clicked on a golf ball model would be the bulk pricing, being 24.95 per dozen.

Either you saw it and disregarded it, or saw it and still thought this post was a good idea. I don't play vice, but if you think this is false advertising holy-moly no wonder law suits happen all the time.

You're not. Golf balls are only allowed to go so far. They all go comparable distances (even surlyn) if you really want to break it down.

I really am though, the Vice Pro + spins less with my driver than the PRO V1x. They are preforming better for my swing. Thus Pro+ goes further than my prov1x. My carry is about 7 yards longer and roll is typically another 8-12. I appreciate your input though..

Not all balls go the same distance for each person. It's a matter of getting the proper fit. Same thing with drivers, just because they're all max COR doesn't mean they all go the same distance for every person.

The while true in an ideal sense, none of this is really all that applicable in the real world, is it? Unless you're a robot, you will not know whether or not a Pro V1X or a Snell or a Vice will travel further given similar construction of the ball itself. It is foolish to think otherwise when the data shows it simply doesn't hold up. Your swing is what makes a ball go any given distance you observe in the wild...and even the smallest change in your swing can produce a noticeable change in distance.

Now you get a senior player out of a high compression ball into a Wilson Duo? Yeah, I agree, there is a lot of truth to fitting a ball to the right individual.

But comparing a Pro V1X to a Vice Pro+ to a Srixon Z-Star XV to a Cut Blue to whatever 4 piece urethane tour ball you want? Warrio is fooling him/herself.

If you're happy with the economics of the matter and are pleased with the performance of the ball, sing it from the rooftops. It is great that we as consumers can take advantage of comparable products at these great prices. But saying you can identify 7 yards of additional carry compared to other balls of nearly the exact same construction is just plain false. I've played the Pro+. I thought it was a great ball, it was better than I expected. It performed to my eye as good as Pro V1X. Did I notice anything where I could say one performed better in an area than the other? No. I'm not a robot. And I'm not going to fool myself into thinking any one particular ball is going to change my game compared to it's competitors.

http://www.vicegolf.com/repo/docs/Golf_Labs_Driver-HalfWedge-testing_web.pdf

The while true in an ideal sense, none of this is really all that applicable in the real world, is it? Unless you're a robot, you will not know whether or not a Pro V1X or a Snell or a Vice will travel further given similar construction of the ball itself. It is foolish to think otherwise when the data shows it simply doesn't hold up. Your swing is what makes a ball go any given distance you observe in the wild...and even the smallest change in your swing can produce a noticeable change in distance.

Now you get a senior player out of a high compression ball into a Wilson Duo? Yeah, I agree, there is a lot of truth to fitting a ball to the right individual.

But comparing a Pro V1X to a Vice Pro+ to a Srixon Z-Star XV to a Cut Blue to whatever 4 piece urethane tour ball you want? Warrio is fooling him/herself.

If you're happy with the economics of the matter and are pleased with the performance of the ball, sing it from the rooftops. It is great that we as consumers can take advantage of comparable products at these great prices. But saying you can identify 7 yards of additional carry compared to other balls of nearly the exact same construction is just plain false. I've played the Pro+. I thought it was a great ball, it was better than I expected. It performed to my eye as good as Pro V1X. Did I notice anything where I could say one performed better in an area than the other? No. I'm not a robot. And I'm not going to fool myself into thinking any one particular ball is going to change my game compared to it's competitors.

http://www.vicegolf....testing_web.pdf

Trackman doesn't lie. These results were at the Truespec fitting center in Naples, FL. Say what you wish, but you're wrong in this instance. I never claimed that this ball is going to change my game, I supplied my personal feedback to the questions asked. I was lucky enough to actually test the product personally and see the numbers.

This is what I experienced, I don't think you can come off and say that it didn't happen or I am fooling myself.

http://www.vicegolf.com/repo/docs/Golf_Labs_Driver-HalfWedge-testing_web.pdf

Let me make sure we know where you stand. Because a robot test puts the pro+ and ProV1X within a few yards of each other, you're assuming that relationship holds true for everybody?

I don't think warrio came on here saying he did a peer-reviewed scientific investigation and deduced that the Pro+ is unquestionably longer. He just observed more distance with the Pro+. It's an anecdote. He could be off a bit as no testing is perfect, but there's no need to call him a liar.

Last point, the robot hit the Vice Tour 5 yards further than the NXT Tour despite both being 3-piece non-urethane balls. So maybe, just maybe, balls in the same category aren't all the exact same.

SW - Wilson Staff
Putter - Bullseye
Ball - Pro Plus

I never get why people shop for value, top of the line balls. Seems like a false economy.

If you are bad a enough that you lose lots of balls, then I top end ball is not for you and there are plenty of cheap options...

However IF you are a decent golfer you should have your ball for a while. I typically get 27 holes out of a ball. I retire more ball due to damage than from losing them.

The ball want to play is around $5 a ball. These discount balls are around $2.50. So to save $1.60 a round I can compromise on my ball. Given how much a round of golf costs, why not just play the ball you like and forget about saving a $1.60?

I never get why people shop for value, top of the line balls. Seems like a false economy.

If you are bad a enough that you lose lots of balls, then I top end ball is not for you and there are plenty of cheap options...

However IF you are a decent golfer you should have your ball for a while. I typically get 27 holes out of a ball. I retire more ball due to damage than from losing them.

The ball want to play is around $5 a ball. These discount balls are around $2.50. So to save $1.60 a round I can compromise on my ball. Given how much a round of golf costs, why not just play the ball you like and forget about saving a $1.60?

If it's cheaper and the quality is there, I'll go with the cheaper option.

I tested the Vice and found it to be a quality ball, so I don't think it's a compromise. Same could be said of some of the other companies too. Quality options at cheaper prices.

If you have a $5 ball you like that's fine too.

SW - Wilson Staff
Putter - Bullseye
Ball - Pro Plus

Because there’s guys like me that can go out one round and not lose a ball and shoot in the mid 70’s and then turn right around the next day and spray it everywhere and struggle to break 90.

Because there’s guys like me that can go out one round and not lose a ball and shoot in the mid 70’s and then turn right around the next day and spray it everywhere and struggle to break 90.

I've played 18 with a single ball and then went and played a twilight 9 and ran out of balls halfway through and unable to play out the last three holes.

Either you saw it and disregarded it, or saw it and still thought this post was a good idea.

Considering they made this post, but then haven't made a single comment in here since then, I feel like they're just a troll set out to besmirch a decent, new golf company. Made a defamatory post, then adds absolutely nothing to the conversation around their statement.