2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Low Ratings

It will be a shame if a golf dedicated network drops coverage of a tour because of operations costs. Maybe drones are part of the solution.

Epic Speed 9* (VeloCore Blue 6S)

SIM2 Ti 15* (Tour AD BB 6SR)

Apex UW 19* (MMT 70S)

0311XP Gen3 4-PW (Accra 90i S)

Vokey Forged 52 

Vokey Forged Black 58.12K 

HiToe 64* 
WHP 7CS

TP5x

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding the low market share for the broadcast, it used to be that it was a rating based upon "live viewership" and did not factor in PVR events. I don't know if this is still the case, but if it is, I can understand the lower numbers vis a vis the viewer ratings. It means that people can watch the Memorial live and then the USWO afterwards. So many people that I know were watching the Memorial precisely because Tiger was striping the ball with his irons and was flirting with contention & winning.

Great comments Dino. How and when content is consumed has changed so much from a ratings perspective. There was an article in the WSJ last year that talked about people who watched programming that was delayed around 30 seconds as not being counted as part of the live audience but being in the delayed audience. The numbers reported for the USWO were live viewers, not those who recorded the programming and watched at their convenience like Arg, who was probably comfy in his Lazy Boy, hopefully with an adult beverage resting at the ready.

And I'll risk boring people with this comment but the LPGA itself is more focused on Global viewership as opposed to our little corner of the world.

Yes, I guess a Goose Island Bourbon County Imperial Stout counts as an adult beverage. :drinks:

I can't recall the last time I watched any golf live. For the USWO, I was generally 30 minutes behind the live feed on Sunday.

That's a lot of adjectives to describe a beer.

I think the American audience for the LPGA has been reduced is because of the start of the Korean dominance and the US LPGA pros not stepping up to the plate.

Yet the American fans seemed to embrace, foreigner, Annika and I think Americans would root for a Spanish dominance if Belen, Azahara and Beatriz won on a weekly basis.

Regarding the low market share for the broadcast, it used to be that it was a rating based upon "live viewership" and did not factor in PVR events. I don't know if this is still the case, but if it is, I can understand the lower numbers vis a vis the viewer ratings. It means that people can watch the Memorial live and then the USWO afterwards. So many people that I know were watching the Memorial precisely because Tiger was striping the ball with his irons and was flirting with contention & winning.

And I'll risk boring people with this comment but the LPGA itself is more focused on Global viewership as opposed to our little corner of the world.

And this could very well be while the PGA Tour is doing their west coast swing, while most of us East and North in the States are watching a lot of golf, they are off in the far Pacific at very odd times of the day. Maybe the LPGA just simply doesn't care if it has a big U.S. TV Audience?

Even Lexi is kind of hard to watch. She's easy to pull for as a person so I'm not knocking her, but gosh, why doesn't the USA generate it's own S.H. Park who you want to watch swing over and over? I'm still waiting on an American who has a polished swing and who can contend week-in, week-out.

I agree. Techniquewise the American women are all over the place, i.e. a lot of quirky swings and I am strictly talking about the very best players. Aside from maybe Jessica Korda no top American player has a swing that's nice to look at. I realize this is a rather shallow observation but I feel it is somewhat relevant to this topic of viewership. Ironically it's the lowly American players who seem to have the nicer looking swings, the Austin Ernsts and Alison Lees and what have you. Cheyenne sucks as a tournament player but I could watch her swing all day. The top two Americans are Kerr and Lexi Thompson and while I am not knocking their success, they are both legend, I doubt anybody is getting much pleasure from watching them swinging.

This probably will come off as another of my weirdo obsessed comments but I think a big part of In Gee's wonderful appeal is her wonderful golf swing. I mean obviously she is just a very pretty and charming young lady, but I believe if she had a swing like Natalie Gulbis there wouldn't be quite as many Flying Dumbos* in the world.

*members of In Gee's official fan club(s)

If fans are waiting for a dominant player, they're going to be waiting a long time, regardless of their country. There's so much talent right now that no one player is rising to a dominant status. We've had six World #1's in the past year.

The U.S. hasn't had a dominant player on the LPGA since, well, before the Rolex rankings were instituted in 2006. Stacy had a good run of 25 weeks at #1, but otherwise it's been sparse.

There are plenty of excellent, young American women to cheer for, Jessica, Nelly, Danielle, Lexi, Megan, Michelle, Alex, Lizette, Marina, Jennifer, Austin, Amy, Angel, Erynne, Emma, etc. Pick one. Pick a handful. Pick them all.

That doesn't answer the OPS question. My comments did. Can't really rebut them with " there are a lot of Americans pick one. Or pick them all ". Nobody picks and cheers for someone who isn't going to win more than once in a blue moon. Thanks for making my point.

Edit - why do they need to be young ? I'd love to cheer for a 40 something Gal who beat up on the current stars regularly. You wouldn't ?

Nobody is winning more than once in a blue moon. That doesn't seem to hurt the overseas viewership numbers.

It's sad that fans need a superstar to have any interest in a sport. I guess me being from Chicago clouds my judgement. The Bears haven't won a Superbowl in over 30 years. The Cubs won one in 106 years. Bulls 17 years. Etc, etc, etc.

Hey now, don't forget those Blackhawks. Three cups between 2010-2015.

But I digress....

I think the American audience for the LPGA has been reduced is because of the start of the Korean dominance and the US LPGA pros not stepping up to the plate.

Yet the American fans seemed to embrace, foreigner, Annika and I think Americans would root for a Spanish dominance if Belen, Azahara and Beatriz won on a weekly basis.

Isn’t that exactly what I said just flipped around to make it seem like some other argument you want to make ?

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

I like watching the LPGA. I have a daughter that plays high level golf. The problem is more people are interested in watching the Memorial with Tiger than they are the LPGA. There aren't enough American woman to garner viewership of the product they are selling. I think the LPGA business model is a poor one. To support the LPGA they need American viewership. They aren't going to have it when there is never an American female in contention. Fact of the matter is there are too many foreign woman on the LPGA for Americans to have any real interest in the product they are selling.

I also think that most people in the golf world realize that these woman are good. However, Web.com, Collegiate Male Players, high level junior boy's are still better than this product.

Funny, but the last time I looked at the men's world rankings half of the players were non-American. More than half the top 20 are foreign.

'Must be really hurting the PGA to have Justin Rose, Rahm, Rory, Jason, and Hideki stealing TV time from the yanks.

Ehhh.... Apples and oranges. Not many people are interested in World Golf Rankings. They only care who is #1. I think more people are concerned with the Fed Ex points than world rankings. The viewers care about who is winning tournaments. American Men are always competing to win while American women are not. The PGA is still dominated by American males. The LPGA is dominated by Asians. American woman don't win enough to keep the attention of viewers.

I am GenX.  If you really think I care about what you have to say, I don't.

I like watching the LPGA. I have a daughter that plays high level golf. The problem is more people are interested in watching the Memorial with Tiger than they are the LPGA. There aren't enough American woman to garner viewership of the product they are selling. I think the LPGA business model is a poor one. To support the LPGA they need American viewership. They aren't going to have it when there is never an American female in contention. Fact of the matter is there are too many foreign woman on the LPGA for Americans to have any real interest in the product they are selling.

I also think that most people in the golf world realize that these woman are good. However, Web.com, Collegiate Male Players, high level junior boy's are still better than this product.

Well, I blame the American women for some of it. Where are they? The rest of the world doesn't seem to have an issue generating good-looking golf swings that simply perform better.

Even Lexi is kind of hard to watch. She's easy to pull for as a person so I'm not knocking her, but gosh, why doesn't the USA generate it's own S.H. Park who you want to watch swing over and over? I'm still waiting on an American who has a polished swing and who can contend week-in, week-out.

I think you have to be careful with the American-bias. The LPGA wants to promote Americans (we all understand that) but you can't over-rate people.

I have no problem watching Koreans dominate the tour. That became the norm several years back. I think we're all mostly used to it and to some degree this whole "it's not popular because it's not American" is kind of BS.

I don't feel the tournaments would automatically be better with more Americans. If anything, the tour has gotten better because it's more diverse and global.

And that's my point...I'm a normal guy so if it works for me, why isn't it working for other people?

South Koreans are pulled out of school very young and all they do is work on golf. Their countries pay for them to play golf. Most of these foreign women are as dumb as a stump, but they can play golf. If golf doesn't pan out they end up with their families working in a sweat shop somewhere working off the debt from the country.

American Woman play golf to get an education paid for first, then turn professional if they are good enough.

Honestly, most American Woman don't have the ambition because you can make more money doing something else. Playing professionaly is a job and the LPGA doesn't pay out enough. I would have to guess that if you are making 100 grand or less a year on the LPGA that you would earn more out in the real work force if you have a college education.

I agree. Techniquewise the American women are all over the place, i.e. a lot of quirky swings and I am strictly talking about the very best players. Aside from maybe Jessica Korda no top American player has a swing that's nice to look at. I realize this is a rather shallow observation but I feel it is somewhat relevant to this topic of viewership. Ironically it's the lowly American players who seem to have the nicer looking swings, the Austin Ernsts and Alison Lees and what have you. Cheyenne sucks as a tournament player but I could watch her swing all day. The top two Americans are Kerr and Lexi Thompson and while I am not knocking their success, they are both legend, I doubt anybody is getting much pleasure from watching them swinging.

This probably will come off as another of my weirdo obsessed comments but I think a big part of In Gee's wonderful appeal is her wonderful golf swing. I mean obviously she is just a very pretty and charming young lady, but I believe if she had a swing like Natalie Gulbis there wouldn't be quite as many Flying Dumbos* in the world.

*members of In Gee's official fan club(s)

I freakin' love Ingee's swing!!!

Show me someone who actually plays golf that doesn't admire the geometry of that swing.

And that's the thing I don't get when people make the argument that the tour needs Americans.

I don't see how nationality comes into it at all. What LPGA is someone watching that would make someone say that?

I'm 32 yo so maybe it's my age group but I don't feel like nationality is a very important variable. Whether they're North American, Asian or European....I just sort of see them all as golfers.

That's why I said the global nature of the women's game is a good thing. I don't mean that in the weird, ill-fitting "corporate culture" kind of way either.

I just feel like Ingee is Ingee....Inbee is Inbee....Brooke is Brooke,....Lexi is Lexi....Lydia is Lydia.....Ariya is Ariya.....I just don't get the nationality part of it. That has absolutely nothing to do with any of it and so I have a real hard time taking that kind of criticism seriously.

That's like saying because I went to Clemson I should dislike the PGA Tour because there isn't strong enough Clemson contingent at the top. It's fine to appreciate when someone shares the same alma mater but anyone who said the above would be considered....kind of dumb. I don't think we should assume that most people are dumb.

The LPGA might be unpopular because it's women's sports and many consider those to be 'not real sports,' but I don't think it's much to do with the nationality of the winners.

TSR3 (Dr) (Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-6)
TSR2 (3w / 7w) (Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-7)

zU85 (4-6) (UST Recoil)
Z-Forged (7-P) (Nippon Modus3)

SM6 50.F / 56.F / 60.S
Maltby PTM-5CS

For me nationality is somewhat of an interest. I am generally interested in where people are from, maybe that is just me. For instance, I am fascinated in particular by Korean golf culture. I think it is crazy and funny that even marginal names over here such as Chella Choi, are treated like celebrities back home. Chella Choi has a fan club. How crazy is that. Pretty sure if say, Jennifer Johnson announced a fan meetup, it would not be very well attended.

I'll add to this. When it's winter and most people are golf starved in the northern part of the U.S. the PGA is playing at places like Torrey Pines, Pebble, Riveria, the Florida swing, etc.

Where is the LPGA? Playing at 2 AM EST in some far east country. Playing at normal times in the U.S. when over half the country is socked in on the weekends and not playing golf, but want to watch it, would certainly help, I would think?

Um. No. Normal times? Who watches live golf? I like the Asian swing, as the broadcasts generally occur in prime time. How many people are sitting around the tele on a Thursday afternoon at 2 pm?

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

Funny, but the last time I looked at the men's world rankings half of the players were non-American. More than half the top 20 are foreign.

'Must be really hurting the PGA to have Justin Rose, Rahm, Rory, Jason, and Hideki stealing TV time from the yanks.

Ehhh.... Apples and oranges. Not many people are interested in World Golf Rankings. They only care who is #1. I think more people are concerned with the Fed Ex points than world rankings. The viewers care about who is winning tournaments. American Men are always competing to win while American women are not. The PGA is still dominated by American males. The LPGA is dominated by Asians. American woman don't win enough to keep the attention of viewers.

I think dominated is a strong word. Seven PGA tournaments have been won by non-Americans this year.

Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge

South Koreans are pulled out of school very young and all they do is work on golf. Their countries pay for them to play golf. Most of these foreign women are as dumb as a stump, but they can play golf. If golf doesn't pan out they end up with their families working in a sweat shop somewhere working off the debt from the country.

American Woman play golf to get an education paid for first, then turn professional if they are good enough.

Honestly, most American Woman don't have the ambition because you can make more money doing something else. Playing professionaly is a job and the LPGA doesn't pay out enough. I would have to guess that if you are making 100 grand or less a year on the LPGA that you would earn more out in the real work force if you have a college education.

Most are dumb as a stump? Sweat shop? Hate much? Seriously, WTF.

LMAO. :cheesy:

Hmmmm.....I'm wondering who is looking like the dumb one with the above comment.

In Gee Chun supposedly has a near genius IQ and was a math prodigy and came from a very poor family.

Not to say that a formal education will increase one's intelligence....but many of the Korean gals took courses while on tour to obtain their university degrees...So Yeon Ryu, Hyo Joo Kim, In Gee Chun, etc, etc.

Lydia Ko (NZ) is taking courses from a Korean university.

I highly doubt that Shanshan, Xi Yu Lin, Ai Miyazato (Japan) are dumb as rocks...and are bilingual ....you have to be fairly well off in China fund your kid to excel in golf.

Of the US stars....like Kerr, Lincicome, Lexi, Morgan, Jessica, etc are taking courses to obtain a university....yes....they don't need a degree to make a more financially lucrative career.

Aza, Anna, Belen, Sandra, Stupples. Jodi Ewart, etc...I believe all graduated from university.

Many foreign LPGA players speak two or more languages....supposedly Beatriz speaks 4 languages.

How many US LPGA speak more than one language.

I'm glad to hear there are a lot of talented female golfers who didn't cut it as a pro working in sweat shops. :taunt:

Danielle Kang has a great swing, as does Nelly, Megan, Alex, and Emma. I don't think any player is going to come close to the buttery smoothness of Sung Hyun, but it doesn't mean they can't win with it. Besides, Inbee is proof positive that an effective swing doesn't have to be textbook perfect. Repeatability is #1.

For me nationality is somewhat of an interest. I am generally interested in where people are from, maybe that is just me. For instance, I am fascinated in particular by Korean golf culture. I think it is crazy and funny that even marginal names over here such as Chella Choi, are treated like celebrities back home. Chella Choi has a fan club. How crazy is that. Pretty sure if say, Jennifer Johnson announced a fan meetup, it would not be very well attended.

LMAO....Jennifer is a ghost nowadays....I think a permanent injury.

Maybe because I'm a hack chop...but I don't mind seeing unique and unorthodox swings...the ball doesn't care...only thing that matters is a solid sound hit at impact.

I don't have an issue watching Bubba (don't like the guy), Jim Thorpe, Lee Trevino, Chi Chi, Laura Davies, Charley Hull, etc swings...but yes...I also appreciate seeing a classic standard beautiful swing too.

Let's not forget that Michelle and Jessica have both won this season. Lexi is having an off year, but is still ranked #3 in the World. They had six players in the top 10 at the USWO (Danielle, Lexi, Michelle, Angela, Megan, and Nelly).

The Americans have won 3 times this season. The Koreans have won four times. We've had winners from Sweden, Thailand (3), Australia, New Zealand, and Canada. It's a global game, and the Americans are in the mix.

And that's the thing I don't get when people make the argument that the tour needs Americans.

This.

As a Canadian...I can pretty confidently say that we will root for the individual....Canadians appreciate the LPGA....look at the galleries at the CWO and Manulife before Brooke joined the tour in 2016.

I like Canadian, US, Spanish, Swedish, German, Korean, Chinese, NZ, Aussie's, Japanese, Thai, Indian, Taiwanese, etc LPGA players.

I have a feeling that many people didn't know that Fox was covering the tournament. If one has a DVR set up to record the LPGA on TGC, it skipped the tournament. How many people sat down Thursday evening to watch the timeshifted coverage and found that there was no USWO on their DVR?

Refresh my memory. Did the USGA run any commercials on The Golf Channel for the USWO?

Whoever wrote the blurb about there being no stars is an a**hat. A nine time winner and former World's #1 doesn't qualify as a star? I guess Ariya needs to dye her ponytail blonde.

This

Yeah, I agree. It's interesting and nice that everyone has a backstory but at the same time it's not relevant to whether people like watching them or not. That's why used the analogy of where someone attended college.

zU85 (4-6) (UST Recoil)

SM6 50.F / 56.F / 60.S
Maltby PTM-5CS

Maybe because I'm a hack chop...but I don't mind seeing unique and unorthodox swings...the ball doesn't care...only thing that matters is a solid sound hit at impact.

I don't have an issue watching Bubba (don't like the guy), Jim Thorpe, Lee Trevino, Chi Chi, Laura Davies, Charley Hull, etc swings...but yes...I also appreciate seeing a classic standard beautiful swing too.

I don't know that a good-looking swing will make you popular, but I definitely think an ugly swing can hurt you.

And when I say ugly, I don't mean idiosyncratic like Furyk per se....just nonathletic.

Take Christie Kerr....great competitor....ugly, over-the-top amateur-looking move. Pair that with constant complaining and I really hate having to watch her. :)

zU85 (4-6) (UST Recoil)

SM6 50.F / 56.F / 60.S
Maltby PTM-5CS

I think dominated is a strong word. Seven PGA tournaments have been won by non-Americans this year.

http://www.espn.com/golf/schedule

I don't know where you get your numbers from. This season on the PGA there have been 31 tournaments. Americans have dominated those tournaments by winning 22 of them. That is a 71% win percentage.

While this doesn't serve as an overall explanation for lack of viewership, you can write a research paper about that, I'm really surprised no one has mentioned that the LPGA delivers a boring product week-to-week with few exceptions.

1. The course setups are generally too easy and it really diminishes the skill level of the longer players (Lexi, Angel Yin, SH Park, Brooke Henderson, to name just a few of the better ball strikers). It's simply not very stimulating to watch most tournaments decided by who putts the best that week.

2. Very few of the host courses are memorable, or inspire golf fans to want to play there. Understandably, economics are at play here and Mike Whan can't snap a finger and get a place like Riveria on the rota, but the tour did see an uptick in ratings when they played at Wilshire CC, not to mention the fact that the players themselves were enthusiastic about the venue.

3. Mike the players and caddies. Find some way to provide "insider access" that helps differentiate their product from the PGA Tour.

I may be in the minority but I love the fact that there is so much variety in the LPGA. I like not knowing who will win week in week out. Honestly I stopped watching the PGA when Tiger was at his peak; it was boring to me to see him win all the time. Not from the golf performance perspective mind you, the guy is a legend. I just don't like seeing total domination in any sport. As much as I like Ariya, a part of me was rooting for HJ Kim this weekend because where the F did she come from?!? What a cool story.

I've said this before in a different thread, but the LPGA players also seem to appreciate their fans more. I respect that and will reward it by watching. I also learn more from them. When they have 150 yards, they choose the same club I would. It's both humbling and inspiring at the same time; for them it's a GIR, for me I need to open a new sleeve.

While this doesn't serve as an overall explanation for lack of viewership, you can write a research paper about that, I'm really surprised no one has mentioned that the LPGA delivers a boring product week-to-week with few exceptions.

1. The course setups are generally too easy and it really diminishes the skill level of the longer players (Lexi, Angel Yin, SH Park, Brooke Henderson, to name just a few of the better ball strikers). It's simply not very stimulating to watch most tournaments decided by who putts the best that week.

2. Very few of the host courses are memorable, or inspire golf fans to want to play there. Understandably, economics are at play here and Mike Whan can't snap a finger and get a place like Riveria on the rota, but the tour did see an uptick in ratings when they played at Wilshire CC, not to mention the fact that the players themselves were enthusiastic about the venue.

3. Mike the players and caddies. Find some way to provide "insider access" that helps differentiate their product from the PGA Tour.

Your #3 idea is a really good one. Though they may need to hire translators for many, and time delay it when D. Kang or Pettersen are miked. I volunteer for the Japanese players if anyone from the LPGA is reading. My service fees are reasonable.

I think "foreign" has different meanings for the PGA and LPGA tours. With the exception of Hideki that you mentioned, they're all our "cousins" from across the pond. They speak English and come from European/British countries. The Asians dominating on the LPGA have an "otherness" quality to them. They don't know the language, and have minimal media coverage/exposure here in America. It's much harder to root for someone that hasn't fully assimilated like the European players on the PGA Tour. American fans and American corporations have little return on investment in supporting the LPGA that has a much bigger following overseas. I agree with other comments that in order for the LPGA to be more popular in the states, an American star needs to emerge. Sometimes the quality of golf isn't enough to generate interest in some markets.

Titleist TSR3 10° Autoflex 505x

Titleist TSR3 15° Ventus Red 7s

Callaway UW 19° Ventus Red 7s

PXG 0311 Gen3 4-5p, 6-9t, PWst Oban CT-115s 

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 50° Oban CT-115s

Vokey 56°s Raw, 60°t Raw Project X LZ 6.0

Byron Morgan DH89x / 009 

Well, I blame the American women for some of it. Where are they? The rest of the world doesn't seem to have an issue generating good-looking golf swings that simply perform better.

I think you have to be careful with the American-bias. The LPGA wants to promote Americans (we all understand that) but you can't over-rate people.

I have no problem watching Koreans dominate the tour. That became the norm several years back. I think we're all mostly used to it and to some degree this whole "it's not popular because it's not American" is kind of BS.

I don't feel the tournaments would automatically be better with more Americans. If anything, the tour has gotten better because it's more diverse and global.

And that's my point...I'm a normal guy so if it works for me, why isn't it working for other people?

I think you could give that stump a run for its money.

Titleist TSR3 10° Autoflex 505x

Titleist TSR3 15° Ventus Red 7s

Callaway UW 19° Ventus Red 7s

PXG 0311 Gen3 4-5p, 6-9t, PWst Oban CT-115s 

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 50° Oban CT-115s

Vokey 56°s Raw, 60°t Raw Project X LZ 6.0

Byron Morgan DH89x / 009 

I get the same response from my roommate. He'll tolerate it being on, but he sees nothing in it and thinks it's silly I watch it. I can tell you that Kerr's ridiculous talking to the ball annoys both fans and non-fans alike! But even on this board, it's a very small sub-group of folks who follow it which seems weird to me.

I'm curious as to why I'm drawn to the LPGA. I get that there are obvious reasons why a guy might prefer to watch ladies...but all that aside I legitimately feel there's something about the golf and the broadcasts that I just enjoy and so I'm surprised more guys don't enjoy it.

I'll be honest, I like very few things about the men's game these days. I don't watch the tournaments anymore outside of the biggies. I just kind of feel done with it TBH. It's so tired watching the same crap over and over. Something about the LPGA feels fresher.

I'm with you. I think it has to do with the players being more "genuine" about the game itself....and less about the whole "event" of things. The variety of it being a world tour, also seems to bring a fresher vibe