Kbs $-taper dispersion

AC168AC168 Members Posts: 828 ✭✭
For those who actually play this shaft, is dispersion tighter than other shafts? Thanks!

Comments

• rebbyrebby CNH 320 ClubWRX Posts: 2,178 ✭✭
    If the shaft fits you well, yes, dispersion is very good. Every KBS shaft that I've ever played has been excellent in this regard and the $-Taper is no different. It's a very stable shaft with a great feel. Easily my favorite offering from KBS thus far.
    G400, Atmos FOH 6x | TEE CB Pro F2, Atmos Red 7x
    TM P730 3-PW, KBS $-Taper 125 - Miura 1957 2/4-PW, KBS Tour-V 125
    Ben Hogan TK 52/56/60, KBS Tour-V 120
    Mann Mini - Cameron CT | TP5x | My WITB Thread
  • gussiegussie Members Posts: 306
    I have set of Srixon z765 with $taper dispersion is tighter than steelfiber shafts I was using and I found steelfiber excellent

best steel shafts ive ever used
  • ValtielValtiel Konica-Minolta Bizhub Members Posts: 1,782 ✭✭
    Dispersion is going to be much more of a function of how well it fits your swing than anything else. That and choosing the appropriate flex. I find that a shaft that gives you trajectory problems, either too high or too low in turn causes dispersion problems due to you now having to make compensations in your swing to get trajectory under control. A shaft that gives you the right ball flight and feels good to you and your swing is going to be the one with the best dispersion, whether that is a senior flex or a piece of rebar.
    Taylormade M1 430 8.5* Tensei Pro Orange V2 70TX || Titleist 915D3 8.5* Diamana Kai'li 80x
    Callaway XHot 3Deep Pro 14.5* Fujikura Motore VC 8.3 Tour Spec X || Nike SQ2 13* Diamana Blueboard 83x
    Nike Tour Issue SQ2 17* Diamana Blueboard 103x || SQ2 15* Diamana Blueboard 93x
    PING Anser 20* Aldila Rogue Black 110MSI 105h Tour-X || Taylormade V-Steel 21* Project X Rifle Satin 6.5
    Mizuno MP-H4 3i 21* Project X PXi 7.0
    Mizuno MP-H4 4i 24* Project X PXi 7.0
    Mizuno MP-59 4i-PW 27*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Vokey Mild Raw 8620 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Vokey  SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision FCM 7.3 SSx1
    Vokey Special 62* Black Oxide V-Grind Brunswick Precision FCM 7.3 SSx2
    Scotty Cameron Santa Fe Bullseye shaft

WITB Thread
  • AC168AC168 Members Posts: 828 ✭✭
    Let’s assume I’ll be fit correctly. One of the things that is being told to me is that the S tapers have a tighter dispersion than the KBS Tours.

Thanks for all feedback!
    AC168 wrote:

Let's assume I'll be fit correctly. One of the things that is being told to me is that the S tapers have a tighter dispersion than the KBS Tours.

Thanks for all feedback!

When speaking in generalities, any lower spin/lower launch shaft should (in theory) have lower dispersion than a higher spin/higher launch shaft. The $-Taper has a lower spin/launch than the Tour so, yes, the $-Taper would have a lower dispersion. As mentioned earlier though, if you need more spin/launch, your personal results may differ.
  • phatchrisrulesphatchrisrules Members Posts: 1,810 ClubWRX
    rebby wrote:

AC168 wrote:

Let's assume I'll be fit correctly. One of the things that is being told to me is that the S tapers have a tighter dispersion than the KBS Tours.

Thanks for all feedback!

When speaking in generalities, any lower spin/lower launch shaft should (in theory) have lower dispersion than a higher spin/higher launch shaft. The $-Taper has a lower spin/launch than the Tour so, yes, the $-Taper would have a lower dispersion. As mentioned earlier though, if you need more spin/launch, your personal results may differ.

I would actually argue the opposite. More spin typically means its harder for the spin axis of the ball to affect the flight much. Hence why lower spin driver combinations tend to fly 1000 yards offline but a much higher spin combo tends to lose distance but is substantially more accurate. Another example, assuming all things are equal (i.e. middle strikes), which tends to fly straighter, your 8 iron or your 4 iron? For most, it's the 8 because the spin axis has to overcome a lot more backspin in order to influence the shot direction.
    Callaway Rogue SZ 9* - Accra TZP (TZ5 Prototype) 455
    Callaway Rogue SZ 13.5* - Diamana Thump 75F
    Callaway Rogue SZ 18* - Diamana Thump 85F
    Hybrid empty but have a Diamana Thump 90H waiting
    New Level 1031 Black 5-PW - Dynamic Gold 105 Black Onyx
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 50/SS, 54/ES, 58/ES - Dynamic Gold 105 Black Onyx
    Bettinardi BB0 "Gotta Sting" Prototype 1 of 1 - Stability

rebby wrote:

AC168 wrote:

Thanks for all feedback!

I would actually argue the opposite. More spin typically means its harder for the spin axis of the ball to affect the flight much. Hence why lower spin driver combinations tend to fly 1000 yards offline but a much higher spin combo tends to lose distance but is substantially more accurate. Another example, assuming all things are equal (i.e. middle strikes), which tends to fly straighter, your 8 iron or your 4 iron? For most, it's the 8 because the spin axis has to overcome a lot more backspin in order to influence the shot direction.

Absolutely true. Extremes on both sides will be detrimental though. Get launch/spin too low and you'll try to compensate which will wreak havoc on your numbers. Get the spin/launch too high though and shots will balloon and lose stability. I'd argue that we're aiming for Goldilocks here, we need a good balance of spin/launch to optimize the stability of the ball flight and work with our swing.
  • TriplesticksTriplesticks Posts: 110 ✭✭
    I play them and love them. Ball seems to start and stay on line very well