SNELL GOLF BALLS??? anyone???

abel88

So I have stopped in at 3 different Big5 locations in the OC area. (I drive a lot so when I see one I stop). They all seem to carry 1-2 boxes of the MTB-Red only (also white only).

Just a thought but if they only are going to carry one offering , why not test packs , 6 of each?

I am guessing this is a test product for Big5 and if they move they can bring in more variations.

I checked out Brea & Anaheim (off Orangethorpe & Lemon) stores. Red only. If I get a chance, I will check out the El Segundo HQ store.

Why not just order direct? Seems a lot easier

absolutely. but having a quick local source is not a bad idea, especially you can get it CHEAP.

Are in store prices less then online form snell?

So I have stopped in at 3 different Big5 locations in the OC area. (I drive a lot so when I see one I stop). They all seem to carry 1-2 boxes of the MTB-Red only (also white only).

Just a thought but if they only are going to carry one offering , why not test packs , 6 of each?

I am guessing this is a test product for Big5 and if they move they can bring in more variations.

I checked out Brea & Anaheim (off Orangethorpe & Lemon) stores. Red only. If I get a chance, I will check out the El Segundo HQ store.

absolutely. but having a quick local source is not a bad idea, especially you can get it CHEAP.

was the Brea Red but only white version ?

Cobra F7+ - Stiff
Callaway V-Series 3 & 5 wood with Aldila Rouge Silver
Srixon 585 5-AW - Modus 105 Stiff
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 53 & 58 Degree
EVNROLL ER5
Srixon XV - Yellow

was the Brea Red but only white version ?

affirmative.

Are in store prices less then online form snell?

no. with this local store coupon, it is CHEAP

do you need another coupon ?

Cobra F7+ - Stiff
Callaway V-Series 3 & 5 wood with Aldila Rouge Silver
Srixon 585 5-AW - Modus 105 Stiff
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 53 & 58 Degree
EVNROLL ER5
Srixon XV - Yellow

I never post but after my first round with the Snell Black I thought I would take a second and give some feedback.

Excellent ball. Will be my gamer. If you haven’t tried it you should. Usually play ProV1 and this is every bit as good for my game.

With the money I save on balls I can buy more golf lessons and lose less balls. It’s a win-win!

Doesn't selling them in stores go against the business model?

I don't know this for sure, I'm guessing so don't kill me. I would imagine the merchant is buying them in bulk at or near what we would buy them for at the "value pack" price and selling them for the full $31.99 per\ dozen price to make their margin. So in reality, it works out for Snell, the merchant that is selling them and those users in the area that just want to grab a dozen here and there. Just guessing though!

Does anyone (looking at you Dean...) know the approximate compression # for the get sum ball? Also, any update on the new iteration of the get sum Dean? Thanks!

with the equipment in your sig, i am surprised that you are interested in the get sum.

Well, first and foremost I am a ball addict. I'm sitting around 35 dozen right now. Before you ask, I don't know why and I'm not ashamed Secondly, I like to throw in some 2 piece surlyn (sp?) balls every now and then. I also hit the ball (too) high with my irons and wedges and our greens down here aren't exactly billiards tables, so even the 2 piece non-urethane balls pretty much stop at or around where they land, which at the moment isn't on the green that often unfortunately!

I purchased the trial pack and have played four rounds with the black and the red. I have been alternating them between the front nine and the back nine. I have also been alternating them as far as which ball I play on the front and back.

Without getting into a bunch of longer, spinnier, chip grabbing stuff I have realized that the red is just a more par/birdie production ball for me. They are both really good balls at a smarter than ProV1 price.

Callaway Mavrik Max 10.5°
Callaway XR 16 3 wood
Callaway Mavrik Max 3 thru 5 hybrids
Srixon z565 6 thru PW
48°, 52° & 58° Cleveland CBX wedges
Ping Sigma 2 Kushin C flat stick

All subject to change in the blink of an eye.........and I blink a lot.

Played them when they first came out, for whatever reason (my own ego, stupidity, etc) went away from them for a couple of years and headed down the Pro V1x / TP5x road blah blah...... well with the new Intro of the MTB Red / Black cruised back by my boy Dean's neighborhood. Darn it, I am back again.... For me I struggle with ball flight being high enough for me and spin. So I bought the combo tester pack and found for ME, the Red spun more than the Black. So landed back on BLACK and now have 2 dozen in my Bag. Pound for Pound Snell's balls are top notch and really do believe just as good as the "T word" at substantially less. Team Dean AGAIN !!!!!

Does anyone (looking at you Dean...) know the approximate compression # for the get sum ball? Also, any update on the new iteration of the get sum Dean? Thanks!

with the equipment in your sig, i am surprised that you are interested in the get sum.

Well, first and foremost I am a ball addict. I'm sitting around 35 dozen right now. Before you ask, I don't know why and I'm not ashamed Secondly, I like to throw in some 2 piece surlyn (sp?) balls every now and then. I also hit the ball (too) high with my irons and wedges and our greens down here aren't exactly billiards tables, so even the 2 piece non-urethane balls pretty much stop at or around where they land, which at the moment isn't on the green that often unfortunately!

there is absolutely no judgment from me regarding the dozens of balls someone else has. I have a large stock of ammo myself. i just found it interesting is all.

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

Played them when they first came out, for whatever reason (my own ego, stupidity, etc) went away from them for a couple of years and headed down the Pro V1x / TP5x road blah blah...... well with the new Intro of the MTB Red / Black cruised back by my boy Dean's neighborhood. Darn it, I am back again.... For me I struggle with ball flight being high enough for me and spin. So I bought the combo tester pack and found for ME, the Red spun more than the Black. So landed back on BLACK and now have 2 dozen in my Bag. Pound for Pound Snell's balls are top notch and really do believe just as good as the "T word" at substantially less. Team Dean AGAIN !!!!!

sounds like I have the same trajectory, afraid of too much spin. Did Red spin too much for you? Why chose Black over Red?

we have been contacted by a few retails stores, who were interested in carrying the balls.. we were able to work it out where you guys will still not have to pay anything more if going into the store... but it did allow us to be in some west coast stores where shipping times take a bit longer so it helps out some of our customers... but they are all suppose to keep the pricing the same as we do... so hopefully helps some who like to shop there and live on the opposite side of the country...

we have been contacted by a few retails stores, who were interested in carrying the balls.. we were able to work it out where you guys will still not have to pay anything more if going into the store... but it did allow us to be in some west coast stores where shipping times take a bit longer so it helps out some of our customers... but they are all suppose to keep the pricing the same as we do... so hopefully helps some who like to shop there and live on the opposite side of the country...

that's very nice. Yes it sucks waiting 5 days for the ball to come. when would stores that have Red now carry Blacks?

I hit one just into some trees yesterday, I was with some new league playing partners and another avid mid handicapper found my ball. He was looking at it and when I said I was playing a Snell, he looked at the ball again and said “Snell, what is that, is that a brand? I’ve never heard of it.” I told him you could only but them online, his interest ended there. It may take a long while for word of mouth to translate to sales?

that's very nice. Yes it sucks waiting 5 days for the ball to come. when would stores that have Red now carry Blacks?

I know. My yellow ones won’t be here til Thursday. I’ll have three more rounds in by then.

TXG golf ball video.

rymail00 2018 WITB [i][b] [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1605910-rymail00-2018-witb-pic-heavy/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...witb-pic-heavy/[/url][/b][/i]

[size=3]TM M1 430 8.5* Tour Issue w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70s (with high gloss SLDR finish from Continental Golf)
Titleist 917 F3 15* D+ 80s
Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s
Titleist AP2 718, 5-50* Steelfiber i95s
Scratch TD DW 54* 58* KBS HiRev
Odyssey Metal X Milled 330M (current gamer) [/size]
[size=3]Ping Scottsdale TR B60[/size]
[size=3]TP Mills Heritage 349g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan 006 355g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan Makers Proof #4/5 solid copper [/size]
[size=3]C&L CL1 368g[/size]
Scotty Cameron Newport Studio Style

Just watched a bunch of youtube videos from Dean Snell. What a likeable guy, seems very genuine that he really wants to bring the best product to the consumer. I've been around the block with all these direct to consumer golf balls but it seems when its all said and done I will probably land back with Snell. Great company, I like what they are doing.

I have been playing the MTB the last few years and this years models as well. These are really good balls in my opinion. I feel like the value is there as well. Are there cheaper models? Sure but you are not getting the R&D and knowledge that Dean offers. Plus you ar getting at a point $10-15 on average cheaper than the other offerings from th big names. I have tried some of the other direct consumer offerings and some were ok but none had the overall performance of the Snell MTB versions. I feel lik when you combine price and performance there is no better value out there.

Tried out this year's red and black, my first experience with a Snell ball. Indiscernible from a Pro V1/x.

Spin was there. Feel was perfect. Only thing I thought I could feel was maybe a little firmer feeling with the red over a Pro V1x. I could definitely feel the firmness off the driver. Kind of liked it.