PING G15 AWT shafts into G25 irons

So I have gamed the G15 irons for years with good success. Earlier this season I found a set of used G25’s for cheap. My 15’s have the AWT shafts and the 25’s have the CFS. I like the slightly smaller head of th 25’s. Anyway, I have noticed the CFS seem a little looser to me and when I flex them they clearly have more bend even with both being Stiff. I somewhat can feel on my downswing the CFS’s flexing more. Anyway, I was thinking of taking the shafts out of the 15’s and putting in the 25’s. Local PING guy will do for me for $10/club. Has anyone tried this or have the AWT shafts in the 25’s? Any results or opinions on this?

Comments

• Golf64Golf64 Go Habs Go! Ontario, CanadaMembers Posts: 7,705 ✭✭
    Liked the CFS shafts a bit better. Why not take your most used/fav. club and change that one out only? Try one first, if you like it, change out the set?! image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
    Bag under construction

Super Bowl LII Champions
    Fly Eagles Fly
  • NessismNessism To measure is to know... Members Posts: 18,185 ✭✭
    CFS shafts get lighter as the shafts get shorter. ATW shafts are opposite. When switching from CFS to AWT the swingweight in the long clubs will go down and the swing weight in the short clubs will go up. How much I'm not sure but you will notice.
    Ping G400 driver w/Adila Rogue 125 Silver 60S
    TEE XCG6 3 & 5 fairway woods & Srizon U85 3U
    Ping G25, G410, or i200 irons (depending on mood)
    Ping Glide 50/55/60 wedges 
    Ping Anser putter - the "real deal!"
  • BY#99BY#99 Posts: 321
    Nessism wrote:

CFS shafts get lighter as the shafts get shorter. ATW shafts are opposite. When switching from CFS to AWT the swingweight in the long clubs will go down and the swing weight in the short clubs will go up. How much I'm not sure but you will notice.

If I like the 15’s in the short irons better than the 25’s then if I would like putting the AWT in a G25 PW, increase the SW a tad would give me a better feel like the G15? Am I way of in this thinking?
  • PawtucketPawtucket Posts: 177
    I can't believe the G25 heads are smaller than something else.

I had the G25s, and while I played okay with them, they are HUGE to me (especially the 3-4-5 irons). The U wedge was also huge.
    whats in the bag?
    Cobra f8+ cut 1"
    Cobra F7 fairway
    Srixon z355
    Cleveland 48 wedge
    Ping 54 wedge
    Ping 58 ES wedge
    TM Soto putter
  • BY#99BY#99 Posts: 321
    Golf64 wrote:

Liked the CFS shafts a bit better. Why not take your most used/fav. club and change that one out only? Try one first, if you like it, change out the set?! image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Good thought- this may be the way to go. Maybe try a 6 iron and 9 iron to get a feel on a slightly longer club and shorter club.