Cut Golf balls

MRL1984

Hi All!

I've been reading this forum for a week or so now, and I finally decided to join. I'm a high-handicap (~20) and high swing speed (definitely >110) weekend warrior, and I'm looking for a ball that suits me without spending too much. I'm also drawn to industry disruptors taking on the big boys. I see you, Cut.

It seems the 4-piece, 90 compression Blue will handle swing quite nicely, but I'd love a recommendation. I tend to lose balls, so the price point of the White is also appealing, but I understand those are being discontinued. I'm also not a big fan of matte finish. Long story short, I have a trial Urethane Pack and a trial 3-Piece Pack coming my way so I can test the Blue, Grey, and White.

Anybody else out there in a similar situation who can weigh in on their Cut preference?

Thanks,

Mike

Try the grey or the 2 piece option

OB18's recommendation is what we would recommend as well for you. Let us know what you think!

Put me on the payroll !

Hi All!

I've been reading this forum for a week or so now, and I finally decided to join. I'm a high-handicap (~20) and high swing speed (definitely >110) weekend warrior, and I'm looking for a ball that suits me without spending too much. I'm also drawn to industry disruptors taking on the big boys. I see you, Cut.

It seems the 4-piece, 90 compression Blue will handle swing quite nicely, but I'd love a recommendation. I tend to lose balls, so the price point of the White is also appealing, but I understand those are being discontinued. I'm also not a big fan of matte finish. Long story short, I have a trial Urethane Pack and a trial 3-Piece Pack coming my way so I can test the Blue, Grey, and White.

Anybody else out there in a similar situation who can weigh in on their Cut preference?

Thanks,

Mike

OB18's recommendation is what we would recommend as well for you. Let us know what you think!

Thanks to you both! I received my trial packs last night, and I think the Greys are going to be a great fit as well. I love the look and feel of the sheen on the finish. Hoping to get a practice round in this Sunday where I can give each of them a go. I'll be cashing in my 10% coupon code shortly after.

Regards,

Mike

Played 18 yesterday with the 3 piece ball. Performed beautifully for me. I will say the feel wasn’t quite where it was with the 4 piece but I wouldn’t have any objections having to play either ball.

Mizuno JPX EZ @ 10.5 - Motore F1 S
M1 15* - Kuro Kage X
XR Pro 18* Hybrid - NVS 85X
MP-32 4-PW - S300
XFT 52-56-60
Mizuno Bettinardi BC5
K-Sig's baby!

Any promotional code available now?

cutfamily10

tried it. Not applicable

Works on dozens not trials or sleeves.

Driver: Cobra F9 with HZRDUS SMOKE Stiff
3W: Titleist 917F2 w/Fujikura Speeder Pro Tour Spec 84 Stiff
2I: Srixon Z U65 18 Degree w/Miyazaki Kaula 7s
Irons: Mizuno MP-54 3-PW DG S300 
Wedge: Vokey TVD 56 K-Grind
Wedge: Vokey SM6 60-12 K-Grind 
Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Not applicable on bulk.

C-Rad -- the promo code is not applicable to Bulk because you are already receiving free shipping and a discount if you purchase the 5, 7, or 10 dozens.

Sorry if there was any confusion. The code is only applicable to dozens or hats.

Hi All!

Thanks,

Mike

Put me on the payroll !

Interesting proposal :)

Not a great sample size, but got to play the the cut blue tonight over 9 holes, switching back and forth with a ProV1. Not a great ball striking day and winds were up so hard to compare. I couldn't tell a difference between the two balls which is a good sign. Feel off wedges and putter was good. Not soft, not hard. Spin was what you expected from a urethane 4-piece ball. No distance concerns. Good flight with irons. So far so good. Hope to get 18 in Friday for some more testing and then should be comfortable with the ball for my outing starting Sunday.

Thank you for your thoughts and feedback! Would love to hear how Friday and Sunday go!

Played the ball throughout the last week and did well in my Sunday-Tuesday golf outing. Won partner low score for the 3 day event and won a couple other small events. Ball played good in some tough winds on an open course. Good from tee to green. Never had a situation where I was confused on how the ball played.

Gave my buddy a dozen and he won low individual for the 3 day event. He is a believer and so am I. So Cut should have another customer in addition to me. I just have to go through my other brand balls now before placing another order.

Callaway GBB 9* Diamana S+ 60 - Animal Weights
Titleist 915h 2 Hybrid Tensei Blue 70
Titleist 915h 3 Hybrid [size=4]Diamana S+ 82[/size]
Mizuno MP-54 3-5 DG 120
Mizuno MP-64 6-PW DG 120
[size=4]Mizuno MP-T5 50 and 56[/size]
Odyssey 2-ball Fang Tank Counterbalanced
Srixon Z Star XV / Bridgestone B330 / Cut Blue

Not a great sample size, but got to play the the cut blue tonight over 9 holes, switching back and forth with a ProV1. Not a great ball striking day and winds were up so hard to compare. I couldn't tell a difference between the two balls which is a good sign. Feel off wedges and putter was good. Not soft, not hard. Spin was what you expected from a urethane 4-piece ball. No distance concerns. Good flight with irons. So far so good. Hope to get 18 in Friday for some more testing and then should be comfortable with the ball for my outing starting Sunday.

Thank you for your thoughts and feedback! Would love to hear how Friday and Sunday go!

Played the ball throughout the last week and did well in my Sunday-Tuesday golf outing. Won partner low score for the 3 day event and won a couple other small events. Ball played good in some tough winds on an open course. Good from tee to green. Never had a situation where I was confused on how the ball played.

Gave my buddy a dozen and he won low individual for the 3 day event. He is a believer and so am I. So Cut should have another customer in addition to me. I just have to go through my other brand balls now before placing another order.

Glad to hear it! You and your buddy should get in on bulk buys and save more money together!

I haven't read the entire thread. Has the name of the ball company been explained or addressed? When I was growing up, a cut ball was a bad thing.

Paradym TD 10.5/Tensei Blue 65R

TM BRNR Mini 13.5

Callaway Rogue Max D 3 wood

Paradym 4 hybrid

Srixon ZX5 / ZX7 on MMT 125S

Srixon Z785 AW

Cleveland RTX6 54/58

Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft 11S

Collings OM1-ESS

I haven't read the entire thread. Has the name of the ball company been explained or addressed? When I was growing up, a cut ball was a bad thing.

Our name Cut Golf was founded on the basis that our founder lost a lot of golf balls trying to learn how to hit a cut shot. In addition, it also plays to the fact that we are cutting the crap with golf ball pricing and marketing. Try us out! Maybe we can change your thoughts about a cut ball being a bad thing.

I bought a sleeve of the Blues, V1x, Gamers, ZstarXV. Cut Blue won, and that was before I considered price. I love the low launch and high spin from 50 yards and in. It’s allowed me to play much more aggressively and rely less on finesse. It’s not super soft off the putter which I enjoy (I play a non milled Seemore).

I was worried when I took the ball on the course, I would change my mind. Nope. It’s as long as the other balls, I still hit my irons towering high, I spin my short irons back about 5 feet, mid irons stop immediately, and long irons run about 5 feet. It’s perfect and consistent with irons. With driver, it feels great, flies at a nice trajectory, and is not holding me back anywhere. No clue on swing speed, but I carry a traditional lofted 7 iron (it’s 20 years old!) 170 yards.

I was also worried about wind, because that was a huge perk with past XVs (my go to ball for a few years). I played a couple rounds with a stiff breeze and never noticed anything weird with the ball. It was predictable, held its line, and didn’t over spin or get knocked down.

Durability, it is top notch. I’ve now played 3.5 rounds with two balls. They are probably ready to retire, but only because of a tree and cart path. In comparison, the V1x and Gamers were peeling just from the pitching green.

I’ve shot 82, 76, 77, and 37 with the ball. Now that my trial sleeve is almost done, I have no desire to play out my next rounds with the Gamers, V1x, and XVs I have laying around.

Cut, please don’t change this ball for a while! Except, offer it in colors!

I bought a sleeve of the Blues, V1x, Gamers, ZstarXV. Cut Blue won, and that was before I considered price. I love the low launch and high spin from 50 yards and in. It's allowed me to play much more aggressively and rely less on finesse. It's not super soft off the putter which I enjoy (I play a non milled Seemore).

I was worried when I took the ball on the course, I would change my mind. Nope. It's as long as the other balls, I still hit my irons towering high, I spin my short irons back about 5 feet, mid irons stop immediately, and long irons run about 5 feet. It's perfect and consistent with irons. With driver, it feels great, flies at a nice trajectory, and is not holding me back anywhere. No clue on swing speed, but I carry a traditional lofted 7 iron (it's 20 years old!) 170 yards.

Durability, it is top notch. I've now played 3.5 rounds with two balls. They are probably ready to retire, but only because of a tree and cart path. In comparison, the V1x and Gamers were peeling just from the pitching green.

I've shot 82, 76, 77, and 37 with the ball. Now that my trial sleeve is almost done, I have no desire to play out my next rounds with the Gamers, V1x, and XVs I have laying around.

Cut, please don't change this ball for a while! Except, offer it in colors!

Thank you for your thoughts and feedback on our golf balls!

Hi All!

Thanks,

Mike

Hey y'all!

I finally got a chance to give things a good test, playing three times in the last five days. I tested Blue, Gray, and White against Z Star and Z Star XV as they were $20 everywhere over the weekend for Fathers Day. I had a great experience with all of them, but the Blues ended up being my favorite. Responsive off of the club face without being as clicky of the putter as the XV, which ended up being that ball's biggest deal breaker for me. I also really like the finish, but the alignment line might actually be a little too big for my taste. I found myself struggling to get it just right because it was so prominent. That's just going to take some getting used to.

Bottom line, I wanted to land on a ball that I can grow into as a player as I push to improve without feeling it so much in the wallet if I shank a couple into the trees per round. I think the Blue is right there.

Hey cut golf. Just placed an order. But was having difficulty having my card go though on your website. It shows pending on my account. But I haven't received a confirmation email yet.

Taylormade Sim 9.0° Diamana ZF 60 stiff

Taylormade Sim Ti 15° Diamana ZF 70 stiff

Cobra F7 4-5 Ti 18.5° Diamana Kai'li 80 stiff

Ping G25 Hybrid 23° Kbs C-Taper Lite stiff 

Bridgestone Tour-B X-CB 5-PW Project X LZ 6.0

Cobra MiM Black 50°v, 56°v, 60°w Kbs Hi-REV 2.0 125 stiff 

Maltby Ptm-1

Srixon Z-Star 

Titleist Players 5 Stand Bag

Bagboy Nitron 

I asked this in another thread, nice ball I like it but why won't the urethane cover hold a sharpie? Sorry if this has been covered...BB

Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
Fairway: Titleist 917F2
Hybrid: A-Grind
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
Putter: Evnroll 9.1
Balls: ProV1