3 round of golf in 3 different states in the same day...

DavePelz4

We're getting our college group together next weekend to lie about all the girls we "knew" in school and then lie to each other and say we look great, aren't fat and have barely lost any hair.

Anyhoo, the house we're going to is in the western part of Michigan and we'll golf there late on Friday where it'll stay light until 9ish. I'm picking up a friend in Indiana around 1 and he wants to play there before we go up to Michigan. So it got me thinking that I could play an early morning 18 holes here in IL, play 18 in Indiana and finish the day with 18 holes in Michigan.

Anyone ever done anything crazy like that before?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I once played a round of golf in one country, and then a second in another on the same day.

Titleist Tsi3 9/Tensei White 65x

Titleist Tsi2 16.5/Tensei White 75x

Titleist 818 h2 21/Tensei White 95x

Mizuno Mp-20 mb 4-Pw/Dynamic Gold 120x

Mizuno T22 50, 54, 58/Dynamic Gold s400

Bettinardi Studio Stock #8

Titleist ProV1x

I've done 2 (NJ/PA), and could have easily done 3. NJ/PA/DE/MD are all so close together that it would be pretty easy to find 3 and play 6am-10am, 11am-3pm, 4-8pm. If you could play 3 hour rounds, you could probably squeeze in all 4 states with 30 min travel time between rounds. 6am, 9:30am, 1:00, 4:30.

"Of all the hazards, fear is the worst" - Sam Snead
WITB: PXG 0311 ~ Ping Anser 4w @16.5 ~ Cobra F6 Baffler @18.5 ~ Titleist T300 4-P ~ Titleist Vokey 48, 54, 58 ~ Cleveland HB 8

We're getting our college group together next weekend to lie about all the girls we "knew" in school and then lie to each other and say we look great, aren't fat and have barely lost any hair.

Anyhoo, the house we're going to is in the western part of Michigan and we'll golf there late on Friday where it'll stay light until 9ish. I'm picking up a friend in Indiana around 1 and he wants to play there before we go up to Michigan. So it got me thinking that I could play an early morning 18 holes here in IL, play 18 in Indiana and finish the day with 18 holes in Michigan.

Anyone ever done anything crazy like that before?

It's called "The Links Tripartite." Fabled. Thought to be impossible. We tried it thrice times - failed each time.

If you pull it off, you would be forever a legend.

More than you are now.

A couple years back I had to fly into Montreal from orlando for a very close friends bachelor party.

I was golfing that morning with a close friend in orlando. Took the afternoon flight to Toronto and connected to Montreal. Got to Montreal by 6ish. Head straight to dinner where we down a couple bottles of scotch. They all dragged me to the strip club from 11pm to 4am. That’s one thing Montreal has better than any city in the US. =P

Got home to hotel at 430am. I woke up at 6am to drag the bachelor to Golf at 715am tee time. He couldn’t make it so I went solo. Finished 18 holes by 10am. Drove back to pick him up and grabbed everyone to water rafting. Hoped on flight home to orlando at 5pm. Got home and wife asked me if I was ok. Told her I sat around in Canada and drank Tim Horton coffee all day. Went to work the next day like it was any other weekend. Hahaha

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s
Callaway Apex Pro 4H ADDI 85s
Titleist T200 5i, T100 6-PW Accra i100
Titleist 50F-54S-58M Accra i105

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

I once played a round of golf in one country, and then a second in another on the same day.

US/CAN Mad?

Used to live in Denver and skied and golfed in the same day.

Yep, drove a grand total of 10 miles. Love to be lazy, and sound all cool on a golf forum... ;)

Titleist ProV1x

US/CAN Mad?

Yep, drove a grand total of 10 miles. Love to be lazy, and sound all cool on a golf forum... ;)

Probably a stupid question but did you get your passport stamped and how was customs with your golf clubs?

Back in 1993 I went to the World Series in Toronto and then flew to Dallas after Joe Carter's walkoff. I was detained for a couple of hours entering Canada because of carrying a laptop. They were concerned I was possibly taking the job of a Canadian.

Now...a different trip into Canada we had cases and cases of wine and they just nodded their head and said, "Have a good time, eh."

US/CAN Mad?

Probably a stupid question but did you get your passport stamped and how was customs with your golf clubs?

Back in 1993 I went to the World Series in Toronto and then flew to Dallas after Joe Carter's walkoff. I was detained for a couple of hours entering Canada because of carrying a laptop. They were concerned I was possibly taking the job of a Canadian.

Now...a different trip into Canada we had cases and cases of wine and they just nodded their head and said, "Have a good time, eh."

For where I played, you don't need a passport. Course straddles the US/CA border. You can walk over and back without issue.

Titleist ProV1x

I totally applaud your endeavor. That's just too much work to be enjoyable. I sometimes regret playing 36 at Bethpage ......in a cart!

Titleist  TSi2 8.0 TPT 14.5 LKP LT LW 
Ping G400 14.5* TPT 15 LKP LT LW 

Ping i210 4-PW TT Elevate Tour X
Cleveland tour raw 52, 56, 60 DG x100
Byron Morgan- HG-DH89
Titleist PV1x
Jones Utility Trouper-Carry
Ogio Silencer Alphard E-wheels

Patricia Island in Oklahoma, first one out in the morning as a single; Kingswood at Bella Vista in Arkansas mid day ; Top of the Rock in Missouri at twilight to end the Day

Almost the same...I live in Joplin, Mo. and hit Twin Hills at 7am by myself. Finished before 9:15am and met a friend at Peoria Ridge in Miami, Ok which was a 30 minute drive. Teed off at 10am and finished about 1:30. Ate a hot dog on the way to Bella Vista, Ar. (80 minute drive) before a 3:45 tee time there.

Great day with 3 solid courses. I did not play great but not horrible. I really had more time than I needed or thought I would need.

I was already a member at Twin so price was $73 plus gas. About like a family at the movies with popcorn and a Coke :-)

Driver- Titleist TsR2 with Graphite Design Tour AD

4w - Titleist Tsi2 with Tensei Raw Blue shaft

19 Hy - Titleist 818 H1 with Atmos Tour Spec

23 Hy - Titleist 818 with Graphite Design Tour AD-DI shaft

5i-PW - Bridgestone J15 CB with Recoil F4 110 shafts

50,54,and 58 Wilson Staff wedges with SF shafts

Ping Prime Tyne 4 PSD

A couple years back I had to fly into Montreal from orlando for a very close friends bachelor party.

I was golfing that morning with a close friend in orlando. Took the afternoon flight to Toronto and connected to Montreal. Got to Montreal by 6ish. Head straight to dinner where we down a couple bottles of scotch. They all dragged me to the strip club from 11pm to 4am. That’s one thing Montreal has better than any city in the US. =P

Got home to hotel at 430am. I woke up at 6am to drag the bachelor to Golf at 715am tee time. He couldn’t make it so I went solo. Finished 18 holes by 10am. Drove back to pick him up and grabbed everyone to water rafting. Hoped on flight home to orlando at 5pm. Got home and wife asked me if I was ok. Told her I sat around in Canada and drank Tim Horton coffee all day. Went to work the next day like it was any other weekend. Hahaha

Strip clubs here are amazing, not that I would know because I've never been to one. (Wink)

What course did you play here?

On topic, I have played in vegas, than taken a red eye home and played here upon landing. So that's two rounds within 24hours a long ways apart

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Patricia Island in Oklahoma, first one out in the morning as a single; Kingswood at Bella Vista in Arkansas mid day ; Top of the Rock in Missouri at twilight to end the Day

Almost the same...I live in Joplin, Mo. and hit Twin Hills at 7am by myself. Finished before 9:15am and met a friend at Peoria Ridge in Miami, Ok which was a 30 minute drive. Teed off at 10am and finished about 1:30. Ate a hot dog on the way to Bella Vista, Ar. (80 minute drive) before a 3:45 tee time there.

Great day with 3 solid courses. I did not play great but not horrible. I really had more time than I needed or thought I would need.

I was already a member at Twin so price was $73 plus gas. About like a family at the movies with popcorn and a Coke :-)

I almost stopped after nine at Bella Vista. The temp was about 100* and so was the humidity. I parred #9 so said to myself play one more hole. I parred ten. so one more whole... I ended up drenched in perspiration and exhausted after finishing 18 but had one of my best scores. Had a big milk shake at the DQ down the hill from the course to celebrate/cool off before the drive to Branson.

In about four hours I'm off to play in Washington, Idaho and Montana (but probably not all three on the same day, although that wouldn't be difficult.)

Started with the dew sweepers @ Idabel (OK) CC around 6:45 a.m. and finished around 9:30. Drove an hour South to Northridge CC in Texarkana, TX, for an 11:15 tee time & finished around 2:30. And lastly, drove across the state line into Arkansas, grabbed a Whataburger, and teed off @ New Haven GC around 3:30 & finished around 6:15.

The answer to better golf is hit it better, farther, and make more putts.

Dave Pelz. Very doable. The I-94 golf tour. Dawn round in South Chicagoland. Drive across to a course in Michigan City for the afternoon round. Then wrap it up in the evening around New Buffalo area (Whitaker Woods). "Shoot and Scoot" golf. Peddle to the metal driving. Now's the time, maximum sunlight hours.

Could easily pull off a two country golf day from this locale. A morning round around home. Then a leisurely 1.25 hour drive to Windsor, ON for the afternoon one. Never have contemplated doing this until now. Seems to be a worthwhile endeavor.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

Strip clubs here are amazing, not that I would know because I've never been to one. (Wink)

On topic, I have played in vegas, than taken a red eye home and played here upon landing. So that's two rounds within 24hours a long ways apart

the ireland course at Club de Golf de l'Ile de Montréal. Beautiful course. Beautiful city you got there.

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s
Callaway Apex Pro 4H ADDI 85s
Titleist T200 5i, T100 6-PW Accra i100
Titleist 50F-54S-58M Accra i105

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

On another note, since you mentioned doing something "crazy", there's a group of guys here who have a competition that has been running for 5+ years now called the Tin Man. 15 people competing for bragging rights and a trophy made of soup cans.

8am-10am: 3 on 3 basketball tournament

10am-11am: Slow Pitch Softball. 3 5-man teams rotating batting, infield, outfield/pitcher. Game is 12 outs per team (equivalent to a 6 inning game).

11am-noon: sand volleyball tournament

Noon-2: Lunch/rest/shower

2-5pm: 9 holes of golf

6pm til drunk: bowling, drinking, eating, awarding of championship trophy.

I participated once and didn't finish last, die, or injure myself. Starting the day off with basketball was the absolute worst. It was a very early reminder of how out of shape I am.

WITB: PXG 0311 ~ Ping Anser 4w @16.5 ~ Cobra F6 Baffler @18.5 ~ Titleist T300 4-P ~ Titleist Vokey 48, 54, 58 ~ Cleveland HB 8

On another note, since you mentioned doing something "crazy", there's a group of guys here who have a competition that has been running for 5+ years now called the Tin Man. 15 people competing for bragging rights and a trophy made of soup cans.

8am-10am: 3 on 3 basketball

10am-11am: Slow Pitch Softball (3 5-man teams rotating batting, infield, outfield/pitcher)

11am-noon: sand volleyball

I participated once and didn't finish last, die, or injure myself. Starting the day off with basketball was the absolute worst. It was a very early reminder of how out of shape I am.

Especially two hours of 3 on 3. If there is any seriousness at all, there’s no resting in 3 on 3. That’ll wear you out in a hurry.

8am-10am: 3 on 3 basketball

10am-11am: Slow Pitch Softball (3 5-man teams rotating batting, infield, outfield/pitcher)

11am-noon: sand volleyball

Especially two hours of 3 on 3. If there is any seriousness at all, there’s no resting in 3 on 3. That’ll wear you out in a hurry.

it has to be half court.

Yes, it's 3 on 3 half court. 5 teams round robin style, so each team plays 4 games to 21 with subs every 7 points (when the either team gets to 7, then 14). The gym they use has 1 full court, so 4 teams are playing at a time, 2 on each half. So you do get about a 20-30 minute break during the time when your team is on their bye.

The first few years they did 3 teams, 5 on 5 full court but they changed it because it was too brutal for the team that had to play back to back.

the ireland course at Club de Golf de l'Ile de Montréal. Beautiful course. Beautiful city you got there.

I love that course, very fun to play. They keep switching around the 9's so i can't recall if it's 1-3 or 10-12 but that stretch of 3 par 4's in a row is brutal. Especially the first one where the fairway narrows to like 10 yards

From where i live (west of the city) it's a nightmare to get there so i only play it maybe once a year.

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Played 72 in one day on 4 different courses. Big run then dubs dread then spring brook, and capped off with 18 on the old Woodbridge goat track before it became seven bridges. Walking. Ah youth.

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife.  Doomed is your soul and damned is your life.
Enjoy every sandwich

The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is that you don’t know you are a member.   The second rule is that we’re all members from time to time.

"for I think a law that is not just, is not actually a law" ("nam mihi lex esse non videtur, quae justa non fuerit")  Saint Augustine of Hippo

#Kwonified