Advice for playing Spyglass

wombat_vortex ·  
wombat_vortexwombat_vortex Members  205WRX Points: 66Posts: 205 Fairways
Will be teeing it up at Spyglass next week, with a caddie. Anyone have any tips?
Posted:

Comments

• sharkiesjsharkiesj Members  3277WRX Points: 388Posts: 3,277 Titanium Tees
    Just keep in mind it plays about 300-400 yds longer than stayed yardage on the scorecard.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • callawayjaycallawayjay Goofiest Left Handed Swing Ever Members  1730WRX Points: 195Handicap: 5.9Posts: 1,730 Platinum Tees
    What he said. That’s no joke. Don’t be a hero
    Posted:
  • dlygrissedlygrisse KansasMembers  13883WRX Points: 1,442Handicap: 8-ishPosts: 13,883 Titanium Tees
    Play tees that are shorter than you are inclined to. The course is at sea level and plays long. <br />
    <br />
    It is gorgeous, tough, but fair, listen to your caddie, don't feed the deer, and don't stress out, just enjoy the beauty and the course. Great experience. <br />
    <br />
    FYI, most of the caddies I talked to when I played there said it was a better course than Pebble...I don't necessarily agree...but there aren't any bad holes at Spyglass, every hole is a good hole. Pebble has GREAT holes and average to boring holes. <br />
    <br />
    have fun!!
    Posted:
    I pick 14 of the following:
    Ping G400
    Callaway Epic Flash 3w 
    Ping G410 5 and 7 wood
    Callaway Apex 23*
    Ping G 4-U
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 54, 58 SS
    Grips NDMC +4
    Odyssey Pro #1 black
    Hoofer
    ProV1x-mostly
    ECCO Biom Hybrid 3
  • wombat_vortexwombat_vortex Members  205WRX Points: 66Posts: 205 Fairways
    dlygrisse wrote:
    <br />
    Play tees that are shorter than you are inclined to. The course is at sea level and plays long.<br />
    <br />
    It is gorgeous, tough, but fair, listen to your caddie, don't feed the deer, and don't stress out, just enjoy the beauty and the course. Great experience.<br />
    <br />
    FYI, most of the caddies I talked to when I played there said it was a better course than Pebble...I don't necessarily agree...but there aren't any bad holes at Spyglass, every hole is a good hole. Pebble has GREAT holes and average to boring holes. <br />
    <br />
    have fun!!<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    I did Pebble back in January (NCGA discount), and I feel I need to do Spyglass now. Given what it costs for Pebble, I'm fine with having played it once and checked it off my list.
    Posted:
  • krtgolfingkrtgolfing Members  1098WRX Points: 92Handicap: 9.3Posts: 1,098 Platinum Tees
    Would distances be pretty similar from Charleston, SC to Pebble Beach, CA? Playing in September and trying to figure out what tees to play.
    Posted:
    Callaway Rogue Sub Zero Driver
    Taylor Made M2 3 Wood
    Taylor Made M2 3 Hybrid
    Taylor Made PSI 4 Iron - Approach Wedge
    Titleist Vokey SM5 54* & 60*
    Kingston Putters KP2
  • farmerfarmer Members  8724WRX Points: 1,109Posts: 8,724 Titanium Tees
    Charleston is much hotter, so heat and humidity might make a difference.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • teeituphighteeituphigh Head Professional - Hastings Golf Club, NZ Hastings, New ZealandMembers  1216WRX Points: 133Posts: 1,216 Platinum Tees
    The par 3s are so SO good it is obscene. Keep right down the first!
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.