• Replies 19.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheCityGame

• FAbb

• eagle1997

• dcmidnight

I can't help but notice that Eagle is heavily caveating his undefeated singles record by now limiting it to just the 7s and old Capitol Cup. I wonder what could have happened at another Hive event this year that would cause him to caveat it like that.

what the F is "caveating?"

lol

My undefeated singles record involves one match against Fabb.

DC -- it's pros. Not the cub scouts. "Diamond Detail"

2More -- I've got a place in the city that does an all right job for $20.

My car is bad. Dog hair and blades of grass. Just can't really vacuum it up -- it stays in the "nap". I think you'd need to almost take a wire brush to the carpeting to get it loose and then vacuum. My exhaust tips are horrible.

There's a place near me that do a full interior cleaning for about $29, exterior is just a pull through car wash, but I had the same issue City, long-hair dog. Whatever they do gets every strand of hair, I swear to goodness. I'm amazed everytime, i've gone to self-service car washes and those vacuums don't touch that hair so I have no idea what they do.

[b]Ping G410 Plus[/b] 12* Fujikura Motore X F3 5S
[b]Titleist TS2[/b] 3HL 16.5* Paderson Kinetix Launch 65S
[b]Taylormade SIM2 Max[/b] 7W 21* Paderson Kinetix Launch 65S
[b]Callaway Rogue[/b] 21* 4h Mitsubishi C6 80S
[b]Rogue Pro[/b] 5-P Nippon Modus 120S
[b]Callaway Mack Daddy CB[/b] 50* Nippon Modus 120S
[b]Titleist SM8[/b] 54 (bent to 56*) D Grind Nippon Modus 125 Wedge
[b]Titleist SM8[/b] 58 (bent to 60*) K Grind (Low Bounce) Nippon Modus 125 Wedge
[b]Fastback 2[/b] 34'' Stability Tour Black Shaft, SuperStroke GTR 1.0

I can't help but notice that Eagle is heavily caveating his undefeated singles record by now limiting it to just the 7s and old Capitol Cup. I wonder what could have happened at another Hive event this year that would cause him to caveat it like that.

lol

That wasn't a match. It was a best net score bet where we didn't even play together.

... none of that makes me any less sad about what happened that day, tho :(

NLU has Joe Buck on this week in case any one didn't know.

It was kind of weird. Like, he seemed to want to get an "it wasn't my fault" out there about brooks koepka's girlfriend. But, he also had to throw in stuff about how he didn't get the fox job or keep it because of his dad (OK, we get it). He says he's a 1.5 index. I actually had no idea he played, or played well. I've always thought he talked about golf on air like he was just a set-up guy and mostly wanted to let the analysts say it all.

The transcript from the Phil presser is great. I have no idea if he's joking here or not. . .

Q. Hey, Phil, what makes the 10th hole so tough here? How do you play it? Where does it rank in terms of toughness of all 18 here?

PHIL MICKELSON: It's not. It's a nice 3 wood down the hill, a sand wedge onto the green, and I'm going to one-putt it three out of four days. It's not hard at all.

I always thought Buck got a lot of undeserved hate. Like I get the nepotism thing, which I have no doubt played a part in him getting a start in the industry, but unfortunately, that's the way the world spins in every and any industry known to man.

On the whole, he knows his stuff and does a good job of getting out of the way of the moment, which is definitely a real skill for live-sports commentators. Sometimes the urge to get the perfect call can sort overshadow a moment.

I thought he came off as very humble, willing to share, and down to earth. Thought it was a great pod.

[b]Titleist SM8[/b] 58 (bent to 60*) K Grind (Low Bounce) Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

lol

That wasn't a match. It was a best net score bet where we didn't even play together.

... none of that makes me any less sad about what happened that day, tho :(

That’s not what I recall. I recall you folding down the stretch and then hitting a s*** bunker shot on old 18 at NW. or something like that. I was barely paying attention to the drubbing you received.

if the US Open is a runaway, particularly with a boring turd like martin kaymer, i'm gonna be so mad. i was so excited for pinehurst and he ruined it.

Yup. Wifeless this weekend, I'm planning on a pretty nice little Sunday of morning golf, chilling with the dog, grilling up a righteous steaky boy. The golf better not suck.

Give us the tournament we all thought we'd get at the Masters.

I'd take a blow out, but only if it came from Tiger, Phil or maybe DJ.

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

if the US Open is a runaway, particularly with a boring turd like martin kaymer, i'm gonna be so mad. i was so excited for pinehurst and he ruined it.

Yup. Wifeless this weekend, I'm planning on a pretty nice little Sunday of morning golf, chilling with the dog, grilling up a righteous steaky boy. The golf better not suck.

Give us the tournament we all thought we'd get at the Masters.

I'd take a blow out, but only if it came from Tiger, Phil or maybe DJ.

there will be beers!

I don't moon like I used to, but I used to like a good moon and that Randy Moss thing really bugged me. I think I was still mooning a lot at the time. I've gotten over it with Buck, though.

Stories from the Moon :

One of the best moons I ever got was at work. The office kind of had corners "cut" into it, instead of being rectangular, and one of my coworkers called me on the phone and said to look over at his window, so that moon when from inside, through a window, through the outdoors, through the window and back into the office. Classic moon. Pcitured. . .

One of the last moons I remember throwing was I saw my neighbors storm door was shut, but his front door was open, so I kind of snuck up on his porch and dropped trou, backed it up, knocked on his storm door and gave him some pressed ham.

As he came to the door, I realized that this older lady was sitting on her porch right next door and saw the whole thing.

That guy mooned me once while DRIVING a vehicle on 83 in Baltimore. We were next to each other in traffic.

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

"Pressed ham" I love it.

I saw an extended moon on I95 once, guy was weaving through traffic south of Laurel with a rear seat passengers hind section out the window. Must have been a dare or something.

Cobra King LTD 9*, Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6X
Cobra King Tec 17*, Fujikura Axiom 105S

Adams A12 19*, Diamana Thump X
TM TP MC/MB, Fujikura Axiom 105S 
Vokey 250.08, SM9 54-S & 60-V, DG S400
Toulon Palm Beach

I loved it. I am a Kaymer fan and it was like a Faldo 2.0 display.

Toulon Palm Beach

GTT?

Neutral. I was given a great foundation to the game, but for as a big a part of my growing up as it was, it was also never that big of a part, if that makes sense. I could have worked harder and smarter on my game, but I guess I've never had that much drive. I've definitely enjoyed all the camaraderie with various groups over the years (as a junior, college friends, with the folks here), all the great courses and just general golf moments/experiences along the way.

Toulon Palm Beach

Any rap/hip-hop fans in here? Kanye and Kid Cudi just came out with a joint EP/Mixtape, "Kids See Ghosts." I'm not quite sure if this is a generational album or pure hot garbage, but I can't stop listening...

Big fan of early Cudi and 'ye stuff. I've listened to "Kids See Ghosts" probably a half dozen times by now. I like it. It's got more "A Kid Named Cudi" and "Man on the Moon" vibe to it than his subsequent stuff. Kanye is also a lot better on it than newer stuff of his I've heard.

Really love 'All Mine' off the new Kanye album. So good. Rest of the album is not my fav. First listen of Kids See Ghosts was this morning, need a few more listens. My personal favorite of the recent releases is Pusha T - Daytona.

Ping G430LST 10.5' - Ventus Blue 6S
Srixon ZX 15' - HZDUS Smoke Blue RDX 6.0
Ping G 3 Hybrid

Ping G 430 4 Hybrid

Srixon ZX5 MK2 5, ZX7 MK2 6-GW - Nippon Modus 105S
Titleist SM9 54' and 58' - S Grind
Cleveland HB Soft 11S

tee times emailed out.

also: PODS.

I’m quite giddy.

Need some help from the group. Decent range/practice area between Gaithersburg and Rockville area?

tee times emailed out.

also: PODS.

I’m quite giddy.Need some help from the group. Decent range/practice area between Gaithersburg and Rockville area?

Olney Golf Park is the obvious answer. They have a regular mat driving range set up, a grass range set up, plus multiple putting/chipping green complexes. Blue Mash also has quality practice facilities.

What about Laytonsville? Any opinions on that track and/or practice facility?

i don't understand these membership categories at Olney Golf Park;

Grass Tee Membership $200 Unlimited Grass Tee Use

What exactly does that get you?

When you purchase a Super Saver Membership you will receive a membership card with the specified credit preloaded (including discount) so you can go straight to the ball machine without having to stop in the pro shop.

so what's unlimited then?

When you purchase a Super Saver Membership you will receive a membership card with the specified credit preloaded (including discount) so you can go straight to the ball machine without having to stop in the pro shop.

Then if go to the bottom of the page it says that grassvtees are only available to members now? That seems a little crazy.

Free to use. Largish putting green. They also have specific “small holes” locations, which are good to practice on. No room for error.

The separate pitching green is ok. Can get cramped. Huge slope from front to back, so it can give you a false sense of stopping power from down below. Sand trap there is ok. Only ever saw one guy in it besides me.

Never been to the range part, but they have mats, which aren’t great for iron practice, ever.

In short, just go to Blue Mash, which is 5 mins up the road.

SideNote: you will have to explain your screen name to everyone at the Solstice. :)

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

As a golf course, Laytonsville is a lot of fun. Good opportunities to score and/or lose balls. Deserted in the rain. I had a great time there earlier this year with a rainy solo 9.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

Free to use. Largish putting green. They also have specific “small holes” locations, which are good to practice on. No room for error.

The separate pitching green is ok. Can get cramped. Huge slope from front to back, so it can give you a false sense of stopping power from down below. Sand trap there is ok. Only ever saw one guy in it besides me.

Never been to the range part, but they have mats, which aren’t great for iron practice, ever.

In short, just go to Blue Mash, which is 5 mins up the road.

SideNote: you will have to explain your screen name to everyone at the Solstice. :)

Will = middle name is William

Boyrd = loved Chef Boyardee at the time

Can’t imagine the look I’d get from my wife now if I cracked open a can of spaghettios LOL. Ah, to be 18 again lol. Golfed all day and all the beefaroni I wanted lol

I believe you get access to the grass tee while paying normal ball rates. E.g. at normal prices a large bucket is $11 on the mats and $22 on the grass, but still $11 on the grass if you have the membership. And the grass tees aren't available to non-members (even at $22/bucket) at certain times of the year.

You can go 10 minutes down the road and hit $11 buckets at Blue Mash off the grass without paying $200 for the privilege. The only way I'd pay for the Olney option is if I lived right there and valued the 10 minute time savings that much. Though I will say that Olney has much better targets on their range than pretty much any place around. You could probably dial in distances there better than at Blue Mash.