3 round of golf in 3 different states in the same day...

DavePelz4DavePelz4 A golf course in the Chicago area.ClubWRX Posts: 24,670 ClubWRX
We're getting our college group together next weekend to lie about all the girls we "knew" in school and then lie to each other and say we look great, aren't fat and have barely lost any hair.

Anyhoo, the house we're going to is in the western part of Michigan and we'll golf there late on Friday where it'll stay light until 9ish. I'm picking up a friend in Indiana around 1 and he wants to play there before we go up to Michigan. So it got me thinking that I could play an early morning 18 holes here in IL, play 18 in Indiana and finish the day with 18 holes in Michigan.

Anyone ever done anything crazy like that before?

Comments

• MadGolfer76MadGolfer76 Admiration is the state furthest from understanding. Members Posts: 19,975 ✭✭
    I once played a round of golf in one country, and then a second in another on the same day.
    Taylormade M1 @ 8.75/KK Silver 60x
    Callaway 816 @ 16/?
    Adams 9031 20, 23/Fujikura Motore F3 95x
    Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-Gw/PX 6.0
    Mizuno JPX 900 55, 60/DG s400
    PING Sigma Tyne
    Srixon Z-Star XV
  • jerebear21jerebear21 Don't Go Left ClubWRX Posts: 3,282 ClubWRX
    once a year.
    thehuyhuynhfoundation.com
    FlashSz 1w ADTP, 3w ADIZ, 5w ADDI, Graphite Design
    Titleist 718 AP2 5-PW, 718 TMB 4i, Accra i100
    Fourteen RM22 53/58 Accra i100
    Tour Newport // SC 009 
  • MychMych Members Posts: 1,896 ✭✭
    edited Jun 11, 2018 #4
    I've done 2 (NJ/PA), and could have easily done 3. NJ/PA/DE/MD are all so close together that it would be pretty easy to find 3 and play 6am-10am, 11am-3pm, 4-8pm. If you could play 3 hour rounds, you could probably squeeze in all 4 states with 30 min travel time between rounds. 6am, 9:30am, 1:00, 4:30.
    "Of all the hazards, fear is the worst" - Sam Snead
    Main bag: Cobra Fly-Z 9.5*~ F6 Baffler 16.5* ~ Mizuno JPX Fli-Hi 3H ~ Forged Tec One 3i ~ King Forged One 4-P ~ King 50-V, 56-V wedges ~ Ping Tatum putter
    6 club minimalist: Cobra Forged Tec One 3i ~ Forged One 5/7/9 ~ Cleveland 588 Diadic 53* wedge ~ Ping Tatum putter ~ Silo Club Carrier
  • DavePelz4DavePelz4 A golf course in the Chicago area.ClubWRX Posts: 24,670 ClubWRX

I once played a round of golf in one country, and then a second in another on the same day.

US/CAN Mad?

Used to live in Denver and skied and golfed in the same day.
  • FergusonFerguson Members Posts: 4,970 ✭✭
    DavePelz4 wrote:

We're getting our college group together next weekend to lie about all the girls we "knew" in school and then lie to each other and say we look great, aren't fat and have barely lost any hair.

Anyhoo, the house we're going to is in the western part of Michigan and we'll golf there late on Friday where it'll stay light until 9ish. I'm picking up a friend in Indiana around 1 and he wants to play there before we go up to Michigan. So it got me thinking that I could play an early morning 18 holes here in IL, play 18 in Indiana and finish the day with 18 holes in Michigan.

Anyone ever done anything crazy like that before?

It's called "The Links Tripartite." Fabled. Thought to be impossible. We tried it thrice times - failed each time.

If you pull it off, you would be forever a legend.

More than you are now.
    A couple years back I had to fly into Montreal from orlando for a very close friends bachelor party.

I was golfing that morning with a close friend in orlando. Took the afternoon flight to Toronto and connected to Montreal. Got to Montreal by 6ish. Head straight to dinner where we down a couple bottles of scotch. They all dragged me to the strip club from 11pm to 4am. That’s one thing Montreal has better than any city in the US. =P

Got home to hotel at 430am. I woke up at 6am to drag the bachelor to Golf at 715am tee time. He couldn’t make it so I went solo. Finished 18 holes by 10am. Drove back to pick him up and grabbed everyone to water rafting. Hoped on flight home to orlando at 5pm. Got home and wife asked me if I was ok. Told her I sat around in Canada and drank Tim Horton coffee all day. Went to work the next day like it was any other weekend. Hahaha
    Tour Newport // SC 009 
    36 hours total.
    Tour Newport // SC 009 
  • MadGolfer76MadGolfer76 Admiration is the state furthest from understanding. Members Posts: 19,975 ✭✭
    DavePelz4 wrote:

US/CAN Mad?

Yep, drove a grand total of 10 miles. Love to be lazy, and sound all cool on a golf forum... image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
    Callaway 816 @ 16/?
    PING Sigma Tyne
    Srixon Z-Star XV
  • DavePelz4DavePelz4 A golf course in the Chicago area.ClubWRX Posts: 24,670 ClubWRX

DavePelz4 wrote:

US/CAN Mad?

Yep, drove a grand total of 10 miles. Love to be lazy, and sound all cool on a golf forum... image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Probably a stupid question but did you get your passport stamped and how was customs with your golf clubs?

Back in 1993 I went to the World Series in Toronto and then flew to Dallas after Joe Carter's walkoff. I was detained for a couple of hours entering Canada because of carrying a laptop. They were concerned I was possibly taking the job of a Canadian.

Now...a different trip into Canada we had cases and cases of wine and they just nodded their head and said, "Have a good time, eh."
    DavePelz4 wrote:

DavePelz4 wrote:

US/CAN Mad?

Probably a stupid question but did you get your passport stamped and how was customs with your golf clubs?

Back in 1993 I went to the World Series in Toronto and then flew to Dallas after Joe Carter's walkoff. I was detained for a couple of hours entering Canada because of carrying a laptop. They were concerned I was possibly taking the job of a Canadian.

Now...a different trip into Canada we had cases and cases of wine and they just nodded their head and said, "Have a good time, eh."

For where I played, you don't need a passport. Course straddles the US/CA border. You can walk over and back without issue.
    Callaway 816 @ 16/?
    PING Sigma Tyne
    Srixon Z-Star XV
  • sabramsabram Members Posts: 1,542 ✭✭
    edited Jun 12, 2018 #12
    Patricia Island in Oklahoma, first one out in the morning as a single; Kingswood at Bella Vista in Arkansas mid day ; Top of the Rock in Missouri at twilight to end the Day

Edit: The total drive time from Patricia Island to Top of the Rock is only about 2 hrs 45 min
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • sailfishchrissailfishchris Members Posts: 913 ✭✭
    I totally applaud your endeavor. That's just too much work to be enjoyable. I sometimes regret playing 36 at Bethpage ......in a cart!
    Ping G400 LST 8.5 Synergy Proto 65TX
    Ping G400 14.5 Tensei Pro Orange 80 TX
    Mizuno JPX 919 Tours 3-PW Super Peening Blue X
    Vokey SM5 raw 52, 56, 60 DGTI-s400
    Toulon Memphis
    ProV1X / TP5X
    Jones Utility Trouper
  • rxk9fanrxk9fan MidwestMembers Posts: 817 ✭✭
    sabram wrote:

Patricia Island in Oklahoma, first one out in the morning as a single; Kingswood at Bella Vista in Arkansas mid day ; Top of the Rock in Missouri at twilight to end the Day

Almost the same...I live in Joplin, Mo. and hit Twin Hills at 7am by myself. Finished before 9:15am and met a friend at Peoria Ridge in Miami, Ok which was a 30 minute drive. Teed off at 10am and finished about 1:30. Ate a hot dog on the way to Bella Vista, Ar. (80 minute drive) before a 3:45 tee time there.

Great day with 3 solid courses. I did not play great but not horrible. I really had more time than I needed or thought I would need.

I was already a member at Twin so price was $73 plus gas. About like a family at the movies with popcorn and a Coke :-)
    Mizuno 190ST with Tensei Blue Stiff
    Taylormade M4 tour 3 wood with stiff Oban Kiyoshi Tour Limited
    Cobra Baffler 6 with UST Elements Stiff
    Srixon U65 4i with SteelFiber R
    Srixon Z Forged with Recoil 95 F4 shafts
    Vokey 58, 54, 50
    O-Works 7s

I am thinking about playing golf next year instead of HOing clubs!  
    Oh, changed my mind and still HOing ....but HC finally moving in the right direction.
    Definitions: HOing is changing any spot in your bag 3 or more times in a year
                       Optimizing is changing any/every spot in your bag up to twice a year :-)
  • MtlJeffMtlJeff MontrealMembers Posts: 28,580 ✭✭
    jerebear21 wrote:

A couple years back I had to fly into Montreal from orlando for a very close friends bachelor party.

I was golfing that morning with a close friend in orlando. Took the afternoon flight to Toronto and connected to Montreal. Got to Montreal by 6ish. Head straight to dinner where we down a couple bottles of scotch. They all dragged me to the strip club from 11pm to 4am. That’s one thing Montreal has better than any city in the US. =P

Got home to hotel at 430am. I woke up at 6am to drag the bachelor to Golf at 715am tee time. He couldn’t make it so I went solo. Finished 18 holes by 10am. Drove back to pick him up and grabbed everyone to water rafting. Hoped on flight home to orlando at 5pm. Got home and wife asked me if I was ok. Told her I sat around in Canada and drank Tim Horton coffee all day. Went to work the next day like it was any other weekend. Hahaha

Strip clubs here are amazing, not that I would know because I've never been to one. (Wink)

What course did you play here?

On topic, I have played in vegas, than taken a red eye home and played here upon landing. So that's two rounds within 24hours a long ways apart
    Cobra F8+ 8.5 w/Matrix Black Tie 80
    Callaway Epic Subzero 14* w/Matrix Black Tie 80
    Callaway Apex 20H w/Diamana D+ 90
    Callaway 2016 Apex Pro 4-PW w/S300
    Callaway MD Forged 52,56 w/S300
    Callaway MD 2.0 60 PM grind w/s300
    SGC northwood center shaft 400gram
  • sabramsabram Members Posts: 1,542 ✭✭
    rxk9fan wrote:

sabram wrote:

Almost the same...I live in Joplin, Mo. and hit Twin Hills at 7am by myself. Finished before 9:15am and met a friend at Peoria Ridge in Miami, Ok which was a 30 minute drive. Teed off at 10am and finished about 1:30. Ate a hot dog on the way to Bella Vista, Ar. (80 minute drive) before a 3:45 tee time there.

Great day with 3 solid courses. I did not play great but not horrible. I really had more time than I needed or thought I would need.

I was already a member at Twin so price was $73 plus gas. About like a family at the movies with popcorn and a Coke :-)

I almost stopped after nine at Bella Vista. The temp was about 100* and so was the humidity. I parred #9 so said to myself play one more hole. I parred ten. so one more whole... I ended up drenched in perspiration and exhausted after finishing 18 but had one of my best scores. Had a big milk shake at the DQ down the hill from the course to celebrate/cool off before the drive to Branson.

In about four hours I'm off to play in Washington, Idaho and Montana (but probably not all three on the same day, although that wouldn't be difficult.)
  • nitramnitram Take Dead Aim Members Posts: 5,177 ✭✭
    Started with the dew sweepers @ Idabel (OK) CC around 6:45 a.m. and finished around 9:30. Drove an hour South to Northridge CC in Texarkana, TX, for an 11:15 tee time & finished around 2:30. And lastly, drove across the state line into Arkansas, grabbed a Whataburger, and teed off @ New Haven GC around 3:30 & finished around 6:15.
    JBeam BM-435 Blackout 9* Accra Tour-Z RPG 352
    TEE CBX 15* Accra Tour-Z RPG 382
    Bridgestone J33 Airmuscle 19* Veylix Rome 988X
    PING S55 4-9 DGTI X100
    Callaway MD4 Raw 46S, 52S, 56W, 60C DGTI 115
    Bettinardi Tour DASS Minovai 2.0
  • *T**T* Members Posts: 147 ✭✭
    Never done that, it do know a few people out here in a Southern California who have played golf, gone skiing and went surfing all in the same day.
    *T*
  • deadsolid...shankdeadsolid...shank ClubWRX Posts: 14,730 ClubWRX
    Early morning round (First off early) at Four Winds Golf Course in Kimball, NE. 40 minutes west on I80 to the Airport Course in Cheyenne, Wy. Then another hour on I25 to Loveland, Co and a late afternoon tee time at Marianna Butte GC.
    Titleist 910 8.5
    Titleist 910 15*
    Titleist 910H 17*
    2-6 Mizuno MP-60, 7-PW MP-67
    SC GoLo
    Vokey SM5 52,58,62
  • Fellaheen51Fellaheen51 Go Green MichiganMembers Posts: 4,410 ✭✭
    Dave Pelz. Very doable. The I-94 golf tour. Dawn round in South Chicagoland. Drive across to a course in Michigan City for the afternoon round. Then wrap it up in the evening around New Buffalo area (Whitaker Woods). "Shoot and Scoot" golf. Peddle to the metal driving. Now's the time, maximum sunlight hours.

Could easily pull off a two country golf day from this locale. A morning round around home. Then a leisurely 1.25 hour drive to Windsor, ON for the afternoon one. Never have contemplated doing this until now. Seems to be a worthwhile endeavor.
    Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs
    edited Jun 12, 2018 #21
    MtlJeff wrote:

Strip clubs here are amazing, not that I would know because I've never been to one. (Wink)

On topic, I have played in vegas, than taken a red eye home and played here upon landing. So that's two rounds within 24hours a long ways apart

the ireland course at Club de Golf de l'Ile de Montréal. Beautiful course. Beautiful city you got there.
    Tour Newport // SC 009 
    edited Jun 12, 2018 #22
    On another note, since you mentioned doing something "crazy", there's a group of guys here who have a competition that has been running for 5+ years now called the Tin Man. 15 people competing for bragging rights and a trophy made of soup cans.

8am-10am: 3 on 3 basketball tournament

10am-11am: Slow Pitch Softball. 3 5-man teams rotating batting, infield, outfield/pitcher. Game is 12 outs per team (equivalent to a 6 inning game).

11am-noon: sand volleyball tournament

Noon-2: Lunch/rest/shower

2-5pm: 9 holes of golf

6pm til drunk: bowling, drinking, eating, awarding of championship trophy.

I participated once and didn't finish last, die, or injure myself. Starting the day off with basketball was the absolute worst. It was a very early reminder of how out of shape I am.
    Main bag: Cobra Fly-Z 9.5*~ F6 Baffler 16.5* ~ Mizuno JPX Fli-Hi 3H ~ Forged Tec One 3i ~ King Forged One 4-P ~ King 50-V, 56-V wedges ~ Ping Tatum putter
    6 club minimalist: Cobra Forged Tec One 3i ~ Forged One 5/7/9 ~ Cleveland 588 Diadic 53* wedge ~ Ping Tatum putter ~ Silo Club Carrier
  • deadsolid...shankdeadsolid...shank ClubWRX Posts: 14,730 ClubWRX
    Mych wrote:

On another note, since you mentioned doing something "crazy", there's a group of guys here who have a competition that has been running for 5+ years now called the Tin Man. 15 people competing for bragging rights and a trophy made of soup cans.

8am-10am: 3 on 3 basketball

10am-11am: Slow Pitch Softball (3 5-man teams rotating batting, infield, outfield/pitcher)

11am-noon: sand volleyball

I participated once and didn't finish last, die, or injure myself. Starting the day off with basketball was the absolute worst. It was a very early reminder of how out of shape I am.

Especially two hours of 3 on 3. If there is any seriousness at all, there’s no resting in 3 on 3. That’ll wear you out in a hurry.
    Titleist 910 8.5
    Titleist 910 15*
    Titleist 910H 17*
    2-6 Mizuno MP-60, 7-PW MP-67
    SC GoLo
    Vokey SM5 52,58,62
    it has to be half court.
    Tour Newport // SC 009 
    edited Jun 12, 2018 #25

Mych wrote:

8am-10am: 3 on 3 basketball

10am-11am: Slow Pitch Softball (3 5-man teams rotating batting, infield, outfield/pitcher)

11am-noon: sand volleyball

Especially two hours of 3 on 3. If there is any seriousness at all, there’s no resting in 3 on 3. That’ll wear you out in a hurry.

jerebear21 wrote:

it has to be half court.

Yes, it's 3 on 3 half court. 5 teams round robin style, so each team plays 4 games to 21 with subs every 7 points (when the either team gets to 7, then 14). The gym they use has 1 full court, so 4 teams are playing at a time, 2 on each half. So you do get about a 20-30 minute break during the time when your team is on their bye.

The first few years they did 3 teams, 5 on 5 full court but they changed it because it was too brutal for the team that had to play back to back.
  • MtlJeffMtlJeff MontrealMembers Posts: 28,580 ✭✭
    jerebear21 wrote:

MtlJeff wrote:

the ireland course at Club de Golf de l'Ile de Montréal. Beautiful course. Beautiful city you got there.

I love that course, very fun to play. They keep switching around the 9's so i can't recall if it's 1-3 or 10-12 but that stretch of 3 par 4's in a row is brutal. Especially the first one where the fairway narrows to like 10 yards

From where i live (west of the city) it's a nightmare to get there so i only play it maybe once a year.
    Cobra F8+ 8.5 w/Matrix Black Tie 80
    Callaway Epic Subzero 14* w/Matrix Black Tie 80
    Callaway Apex 20H w/Diamana D+ 90
    Callaway 2016 Apex Pro 4-PW w/S300
    Callaway MD Forged 52,56 w/S300
    Callaway MD 2.0 60 PM grind w/s300
    SGC northwood center shaft 400gram
  • AutomaticTwoDownAutomaticTwoDown Two down after two, time to get to work Members Posts: 431 ✭✭
    I played a round in NY, California, and Washington state, all in the same month. Wasn’t even that difficult either, due to cheap airfare on direct flights.
  • BarfolomewBarfolomew #worstWRXer Members Posts: 1,401 ✭✭
    ....golfing 3 rounds sounds exhausting but 3 states is just a fantasy!
    G30 LST
    3 wood M2 HL
    OnOffOnAgain Kuros 4-P
    Cleveland Blob
    SeeMore Butts
  • joeplus2joeplus2 Whoa...Barry Sanders! Members Posts: 113
    all that matters is that you're playing evening golf in Michigan.....there is nothing better than that
  • glkglk send it in jerome Kodak, Tn/Chucktown, Sc via Chicago & BurghMembers Posts: 3,458 ✭✭
    Played 72 in one day on 4 different courses. Big run then dubs dread then spring brook, and capped off with 18 on the old Woodbridge goat track before it became seven bridges. Walking. Ah youth.
  • HaleboppHalebopp Members Posts: 2,826 ✭✭
    edited Jun 22, 2018 #31
    There's a course on the border between Finland and Sweden, you cross the border (and switch time zones) on four holes. One of the holes is a par 3. Hit your tee shot in Sweden and watch the ball drop in the hole for a hole in one in Finland (an hour later).
    Swing DNA: 91/4/3/6/6
    ST180, 8.5º / 917 F2, 16.5º / MP-H5, 21º / MP-4, 4-PW / MP-T5 50.07 / FG Tour PMP: 55.12, 59.10 / Mizuno Bettinardi BC-4
    WITB Link