2018 LPGA Meijer Classic Jun 14-17

• Race to the CME Globe: 500 Points
  • Format: 72 holes
  • Purse: $2,000,000
  • Par: 71
  • Yardage: 6,451
  • History: This is the 5th year for the event. In 2017, Brooke Henderson, who had some of the biggest names on the LPGA Tour chasing her all day including Michelle Wie and Lexi Thompson, fired a bogey-free 3-under-par 66 (as the par-5 5th hole was once again converted to a par 3 because of standing water in the fairway) to pick up her fourth career victory at the Meijer LPGA Classic For Simply Give.

Coverage:

• Jun 14: Golf Channel 1:30 pm - 4:30 pm (EDT)
  • Jun 15: Golf Channel 1:30 pm - 4:30 pm (EDT)
  • Jun 16: Golf Channel 1:30 pm - 4:30 pm (EDT)
  • Jun 17: Golf Channel 1:30 pm - 4:30 pm (EDT)

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, this is a bit better. 3 hours of coverage for 4 rounds. I'll take it. The weather forecast looks nearly perfect. At this point there's no rain predicted. Woo hoo! Sixteen of the top 25 in the World are playing.

I'm going to go with Sei Young this week. She's played great last weekend, but ran out of steam after having to finish her 2nd round on Sunday morning. She was the winner here in 2016. Lexi won in 2015, finished 4T in 2016, and was 3rd last year. She has to be itching to pick up her first win of the season.

I'll be at the tournament all day on Friday. I'll be walking 18 holes in the morning and afternoon. I may stop by for a few hours on Saturday afternoon.

Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge

Arg

Are you going to stalk fanboy Dumbo and The Rocket?....and you going to give them their gifts?....you going to wear your Dumbo ears?

Can you go watch Alison Lee and please advise us what's wrong with her game/swing and possibly attitude...it's a shame she's completely lost her ability to score.

Let us know how far Angel hits the ball too.

Have fun and watch out for those guys carrying a BINDER.

Arg

Are you going to stalk fanboy Dumbo and The Rocket?....and you going to give them their gifts?....you going to wear your Dumbo ears?

Can you go watch Alison Lee and please advise us what's wrong with her game/swing and possibly attitude...it's a shame she's completely lost her ability to score.

Let us know how far Angel hits the ball too.

Have fun and watch out for those guys carrying a BINDER.

Lol. Yes, I'll be wearing my patented Dumbo ears. Players and fans both seem to like them. No gift for In Gee this year, as I haven't run across anything worthy. I have a nice Chicago Blackhawks divot tool for The Rocket.

I'll try to see if I can catch Alison and Angel, but it's going to be a busy day on Friday.

Lol. Yes, I'll be wearing my patented Dumbo ears. Players and fans both seem to like them. No gift for In Gee this year, as I haven't run across anything worthy. I have a nice Chicago Blackhawks divot tool for The Rocket.

Those are some really nice gifts you have given HYP....she must luv ya.....you can talk about how you both dumped your Mizuno irons and how you're both gaming the G400 driver.

Drop in at Walgreen and buy Dumbo some shampoo that makes hair grow faster. :taunt: Hopefully there will be some Flying Dumbo's to chat with.....Namdalla isn't playing so no Attack Girls to exchange stories with.

Those are some really nice gifts you have given HYP....she must luv ya.....you can talk about how you both dumped your Mizuno irons and how you're both gaming the G400 driver.

Drop in at Walgreen and buy Dumbo some shampoo that makes hair grow faster. :taunt: Hopefully there will be some Flying Dumbo's to chat with.....Namdalla isn't playing so no Attack Girls to exchange stories with.

Yeah, I'm going to have to replace my Mizuno bag with a Ping bag at some point. My blade days are in the rearview mirror.

I met a number of Flying Dumbos at the Volvik last year, and I expect a number of them will be here this week. 'Great bunch.

Brooke climbed to #2 in ballstriking. If her putter heats up, she's tough to beat.

Wow I was reading we just lost the Sime Darby in Malaysia and there will be 3 weeks off between the Evian and the International Crown this year. Sucks if you make the Asian swing and aren't in the Int'l Crown cause you'll have a month off competitive golf just as you're gearing up to make a run at the tour Championship.

But looking at the apparent changing winds geopolitically maybe Mike can line up a new event for the Asian Swing in North Korea, assuming there's an actual golf course in the country :) I do believe Kim is a fan of golf, cause I seem to remember the North Korean News agency saying that Kim made 18 "holes in one" the last time he played, so they should have a course lol

I'll be at the tournament all day on Friday. I'll be walking 18 holes in the morning and afternoon. I may stop by for a few hours on Saturday afternoon.

How about some live "fashion" footage from the cell phone. Photos work as well. :)

I've found it tough to walk 36 holes, watch the action, and upload pics along the way. It's much better for me to upload the pics when I get home, and provide some running commentary on the course.

Wow I was reading we just lost the Sime Darby in Malaysia and there will be 3 weeks off between the Evian and the International Crown this year. Sucks if you make the Asian swing and aren't in the Int'l Crown cause you'll have a month off competitive golf just as you're gearing up to make a run at the tour Championship.

But looking at the apparent changing winds geopolitically maybe Mike can line up a new event for the Asian Swing in North Korea, assuming there's an actual golf course in the country :) I do believe Kim is a fan of golf, cause I seem to remember the North Korean News agency saying that Kim made 18 "holes in one" the last time he played, so they should have a course lol

I thought that was Kim Jong Il who got the 18 holes in one. Un is nowhere near his ol' dad, and usually has a bunch of 2's peppered through his card. More practice, less dictating, for him, I think.

The pairings are out. I'll probably walk the front nine on Friday with Lydia, Nelly, and Annie in the early morning, and then head to the 1st tee to finish Hee Young, Alena, and Paula R's back nine.

In the afternoon I'll be walking with In Gee, Ariya, and Lexi. I imagine the crowds will be fairly big, as Lexi has a large following.

The pairings are out. I'll probably walk the front nine on Friday with Lydia, Nelly, and Annie in the early morning, and then head to the 1st tee to finish Hee Young, Alena, and Paula R's back nine.

In the afternoon I'll be walking with In Gee, Ariya, and Lexi. I imagine the crowds will be fairly big, as Lexi has a large following.

Doesn't In Gee draw a good crowd too?

She's the biggest draw when tournaments are played in Korea.

Doesn't In Gee draw a good crowd too?

She's the biggest draw when tournaments are played in Korea.

It's a decent size, but pales in comparison to Lexi and Michelle.

I'm a little more excited for this event now that I see Jacklyn Lee in the field, not sure many know her but she's a Canadian Amateur who plays at Ohio State she almost won the Individual this year at the NCAA till she implode on the Back 9 on Monday. She's a player I have identified as being able to help Canada make an event like the Int'l Crown in the future. Sadly as a proud Canadian I don't see another 2 to help gets us there. It will be sad for Brooke cause she will probably inspire the next generation to allow Canada to actually make the Int'l crown but she will most likely be too old and have diminished skills to actually make the team at the time it happens.

I'm volunteering all day tomorrow,and may be there on Friday afternoon as well (more likely Sunday afternoon to watch the final round tho). If I'm there Friday, I'll look for you Argonne!

WITB:
SDLR White 10* Speeder 6.2x TS
Epic 14* AD TP7, Rogue 17* PX Evenflow Black
R15 3H Rogue Black 85
MP-18 MMC 4 - PW Modus 120x
50* T7, 58* PM-Grind
Ghost Spider Si Slant

Trugravity

Nice fanboy post.

Considering Arg is not giving In Gee a gift at the KPMG (I think he's still mad that she threw away the hand made Dumbo head cover at O'Hare airport...yet she uses a Dumbo head cover that a Taiwanese guy gave her) you should get your artist friend to do something special for In Gee...she'll be over the moon.

I never paid much attention to Sandra previously...but in 2013...bravedave said we should go watch her play and then realized how nice she is.

Trugravity

Nice fanboy post.

Considering Arg is not giving In Gee a gift at the KPMG (I think he's still mad that she threw away the hand made Dumbo head cover at O'Hare airport...yet she uses a Dumbo head cover that a Taiwanese guy gave her) you should get your artist friend to do something special for In Gee...she'll be over the moon.

I never paid much attention to Sandra previously...but in 2013...bravedave said we should go watch her play and then realized how nice she is.

I agree with your idea, KBong! I really wanted to do a drawing for In Gee because she is so fan friendly, going so far as to give my buddy a pic of her, one where she was carrying the Olympic torch, but he didn't think it would make for a good pencil drawing. So, while I won't have one for her this year, I'm hopeful of finding subject matter to do one next year. Plus, while not over the top expensive, it does add up and I'm still saving for my trip to Ireland (already have tee times at Royal County Down, Royal Portrush and Carne) this September. Any thoughts/pics that you think would make for a nice drawing for In Gee?

Agreed, Sandra is a sweetheart of a person.

Trugravity

Nice fanboy post.

I agree with your idea, KBong! I really wanted to do a drawing for In Gee because she is so fan friendly, going so far as to give my buddy a pic of her, one where she was carrying the Olympic torch, but he didn't think it would make for a good pencil drawing. So, while I won't have one for her this year, I'm hopeful of finding subject matter to do one next year. Plus, while not over the top expensive, it does add up and I'm still saving for my trip to Ireland (already have tee times at Royal County Down, Royal Portrush and Carne) this September. Any thoughts/pics that you think would make for a nice drawing for In Gee?

Your Ireland trip sounds awesome.

I don't know if you have consider this.

Are the drawings you give the LPGA pros on paper or cardboard?

Don't forget....these gals do a lot of packing to go from event to event...so for them to take your gifts and get them home might be troublesome without them getting ruined.....have you considered giving the drawings in a drafting tube so they can roll it up to put into their luggage.

I'd suggest you give a gift that is small and easy for any pro to pack and take home.

If you want to stick with a drawing...I'd get your friend to do a 6" x 4" drawing of In Gee with the USWO trophy and frame it...frames are cheap and have it in a box....so it's no trouble for In Gee to pack and to put it up in her house if she chooses to do so.

That's why Arg's Blackhawks ball maker gift to Hee Young is ideal....it's small.

But as much as I make fun that In Gee might have thrown away Arg's Dumbo head cover....it might be true because it might have been a pain to get it home....and for a pro like In Gee...she gets a ton of gifts from fans...so I wouldn't be surprised if she has threwn away a lot of gifts....I know no one wants to hear it....but it might be reality.....see below a pic of In Gee from the ANA and all the gifts she got...the girl has a lot of fanboys.....I assume she asked her billet host to help her box the gifts and to ship them home.

I know it's not as personal...but I might just buy some Korean snacks/candy that In Gee likes....I assume you live near Chitown and there are some Korean grocery stores....I've seen quite a few Korean fans hand the Korean pros snacks in between holes at events.

I assume you are the Meijer all week....have you ever chatted with Kylie Pratt...short blonde hair gal that's not hard to pick out of the crowd following In Gee...she use to be Hee Young Park's loop and now In Gee's road manager...she might be able to give you some ideas...but I believe her response would be that a gift is not necessary.

Trugravity

Nice fanboy post.

Your Ireland trip sounds awesome.

I don't know if you have consider this.

Are the drawings you give the LPGA pros on paper or cardboard?

Don't forget....these gals do a lot of packing to go from event to event...so for them to take your gifts and get them home might be troublesome without them getting ruined.....have you considered giving the drawings in a drafting tube so they can roll it up to put into their luggage.

I'd suggest you give a gift that is small and easy for any pro to pack and take home.

If you want to stick with a drawing...I'd get your friend to do a 6" x 4" drawing of In Gee with the USWO trophy and frame it...frames are cheap and have it in a box....so it's no trouble for In Gee to pack and to put it up in her house if she chooses to do so.

That's why Arg's Blackhawks ball maker gift to Hee Young is ideal....it's small.

But as much as I make fun that In Gee might have thrown away Arg's Dumbo head cover....it might be true because it might have been a pain to get it home....and for a pro like In Gee...she gets a ton of gifts from fans...so I wouldn't be surprised if she has threwn away a lot of gifts....I know no one wants to hear it....but it might be reality.....see below a pic of In Gee from the ANA and all the gifts she got...the girl has a lot of fanboys.....I assume she asked her billet host to help her box the gifts and to ship them home.

I know it's not as personal...but I might just buy some Korean snacks/candy that In Gee likes....I assume you live near Chitown and there are some Korean grocery stores....I've seen quite a few Korean fans hand the Korean pros snacks in between holes at events.

I assume you are the Meijer all week....have you ever chatted with Kylie Pratt...short blonde hair gal that's not hard to pick out of the crowd following In Gee...she use to be Hee Young Park's loop and now In Gee's road manager...she might be able to give you some ideas...but I believe her response would be that a gift is not necessary.

Great ideas, KBong, appreciate the well thought out feedback! The reason I've always done the drawings is it helps my buddy out financially. He charges $100 for a drawing like the one of Sandra's dog or in the case of the drawing of Jess/Nelly together, it's $150. Last year I commissioned $350 in drawings to give to the LPGA players and this year just $200. So, it is more about extra spending money than any financial windfall.

I live in Rock Island, IL and the trip to Grand Rapids is part of a 4 day golf trip, so I'm home now. If Arg or any other WRXr's get a chance to play Pilgrims Run, 35 minutes northwest of Grand Rapids, take advantage of it. Super fun layout in pristine condition and a tremendous value. Ok, enough of my thread jacking, hope everyone enjoyed the pics, now back to the Meijer Classic!

Great opening round by So Yeon. Where has that been all season?

Lexi, Ariya, and Brooke also had decent rounds.

In Gee managed to get back to even par for the day. She needs to play much better tomorrow today make the cut.

Lydia birdied her 8th and 9th holes to go 1 under after a lackluster start.

Great ideas, KBong, appreciate the well thought out feedback! The reason I've always done the drawings is it helps my buddy out financially. He charges $100 for a drawing like the one of Sandra's dog or in the case of the drawing of Jess/Nelly together, it's $150. Last year I commissioned $350 in drawings to give to the LPGA players and this year just $200. So, it is more about extra spending money than any financial windfall.

Tru....$550 LPGA fanboy dollars is a lot of green fees.

After watching the Meijer...I think the PERFECT gift you should bring to the KPMG later this year at Kemper Lakes would be to bring a bucket of KFC....Nelly, Jenn Song and Lydia are the 1st pros you should be handing out some chicken and napkins.

Lydia is a bag of bones now.....I remember reading or seeing a video where Lydia said she doesn't eat junk food....Tina is a very strict Tiger mom.

But if we see Argonne tomorrow on TV handing out some Meijer chicken wings in between holes 13 & 14....you know he read this post and stole the idea.

Su Oh....great rd of -6....she needs to play well to beat Hannah Green for the 4th spot on the Int'l Crown Aussie team...you know Su wants to be in Incheon later this year.

If Su doesn't have a good sponsor's logo on her hat/visor by the end of June....then she needs to tell IMG to assign someone other than Michael Yim to her....Mikey's too spread out and likely spending a lot of time shilling for sponsors in China for Muni He.