Monte - Im a Believer!!1

Well guys

I dont post much here but have been an avid follower for the past year

Im from ireland and returned to golf last Summer after a 13 year break. When i was 16 i played off 10 but at 29 i came back as an 18 handicapper.

Over xmas I got a lot of lessons and my iron game had improved dramtically , my trackman 7 iron swing speed was up at 86mph , I had increased it by close to 10 mph with a lot of hard work

For the last two months , my driving had totally abandoned me , I just could not make any shape with it , nasty snap hooks which were killing my rounds.

After following the forums here I stumbled across Drive for Dough and decided to buy it to see it could solve my woes.

I went and bought it two weeks ago and the second time out in the range pracitsing Montes tips I started to hit bombs down the middle of the range with ease, I was regularly carrying it 250 t0 260 in the air with centre face contact , my cousin was with me who plays off 2 and he even said to me where the hell have you got that nice fade from and all this length with the driver as I always drew the golf ball.

I went out last Saturday to play in big singles in my home competition and i shot an 84 and won it with a number of small putts missed , I have been since cut to 16 and I know i will go down a lot more in the coming weeks.

Im not here to post on this post but just to tell people that there are some nuggets of info to be found on here and I would definetly recommend anyone struggling with there game to check out Montes Drive for Dough.

Regards

Irish Golfer

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice, haven't bought that particular instruction but highly recommend the short game instruction as well. I've also added multiple pairs of cargo shorts as well to the wardrobe to keep up with the forward thinking fashion trendsetter that he is :aikido:

Ping G430 Max Ventus TR Red Velocore 6R
Titleist TSR 2 3wood Tensei S

Callaway Apex UW 21 Hazardous Smoke 5.5
Mizuno MP 243 5-GW C-Taper Lite R
Sub 70 JB Forged 52

Edel SMS 58
Toulon Atlanta StrokeLab 35"

Nice, haven't bought that particular instruction but highly recommend the short game instruction as well. I've also added multiple pairs of cargo shorts as well to the wardrobe to keep up with the forward thinking fashion trendsetter that he is :aikido:

I actually purchased use the bounce 2.0 but havent gone through it yet , busy with work and college at present

I would highly recommend the drive for dough , its a bargain for the content in it

Ha ha I dont think I will ever want to dress like Monte thou:)only kidding

The Drive for Dough video is great -- it isn't even really about driving because it applies to the full swing. I can't say I exactly got any benefit in my own swing out of it immediately, but I definitely got a lot smarter about the golf swing and I'm sure it'll be helpful throughout my life as things pop up in my swing, and when I have kids that golf someday, or wanted to simply help out friends. Worth the $49 even if I didn't necessarily improve from it.

Glad to hear it helped you out. Just wait until you dig into the UTB series.....will definitely save you a few shots a round. The best part is that once you get the motion down...for me at least....it doesn't take much practice to have at least a decent short game.

I gotta say though...I'm a little jealous that you're in Ireland....was there last year and want to go back, love it there...and that wasn't even for a golf trip lol.

Driver: Sim2 with Ventus Blue 6x
FWY: Sim 2 Ti w/ TenseiAV Raw Blue 75x
Hybrid: PXG 0317x 17* with Fuji Pro 2.0 85x
Irons: PXG 0211ST w/KBS Tour X
54*: Titleist SM6 S grind black finish
58*: New Level Golf SPN Forged M Grind
Putter: Toulon San Diego

Had an in person lesson with him just this past Saturday. I live in Northern San Diego and am only 56 minutes from Oak Creek GC. My sister lives nearby so it's a great combined trip to visit her. I own Drive4Dough and Use the Bounce 2.0. I've seen almost all his content since since the beginning. HOWEVER, all it took was 1 swing for Monte to identify a significant issue with my backswing and lack of extension / trail knee staying too flat. I spent MONTHS trying to figure out why, when I got to the top of my swing I could not shift pressure to my lead side. Just felt stuck and so always humped the goat and had massive pull hooks when I over rotated to avoid going over-the-top. Anyway, my swing still is a work in progress but, on camera, my angles are so much better on the downswing. When I get to the top of my b/s I feel that loaded feeling I kept reading about and shifting to the left side just feels natural and necessary. Club not releasing too soon, no more EE, my finish looks superb. All that happened in less than 15 minutes. The rest of the lesson was just drilling and tweaking.

I'm still lacking power and consistency but I have not spent enough time practicing. When I do make solid contact the sound and trajectory of my ball is much better. Also, my wife came up with me, took my car for a wash and came back to pick me up. I'm truly blessed.

I'll be at Monte's clinic in 4 weeks. I know one camp isn't going to turn me from a high teen cap to low digits instantly, but I've heard and seen so many good things. Traditional lessons have only gotten me so far... I'm hoping his camp is the 'thing' that gets me down to low teens this year.

I really need help with driving the ball consistently, and I'd love for a little power increase but I can already toss my 3w out there 240-260 depending on conditions. I struggle so badly with pitches/chips inside 60 yards, and my putting is more hot and cold than the planet Mercury.

HOWEVER, all it took was 1 swing for Monte to identify a significant issue with my backswing and lack of extension / trail knee staying too flat. I spent MONTHS trying to figure out why, when I got to the top of my swing I could not shift pressure to my lead side...... All that happened in less than 15 minutes. The rest of the lesson was just drilling and tweaking.

This is Monte's most valuable talent to me... quick, clear assessment of what to work on next. I leave a lesson, take 4-8 weeks to work on what he's said (and the implications) and then take the next step. Amazing impact and improvement as a result. The focus on what to fix (and there can be a hundred feels that sorta work, or some work one day and then another the next) - but once I can do the new improved move pretty consistently on the range, then I get a next lesson.

Titlest Tsi2, 10*, GD ADDI 5
Titleist TSi2 16.5 GD ADDI 5

Callaway X-hot pro 3, 4 h
TM P790 5-W, DG 105 R
Vokey SM7 48, 52, 56
Cameron Futura 5W

Maybe the 84 was just luck of the Irish.

Just kidding, congratulations and it sounds like you are enjoying it alot which is great to hear.

Ha ha I could do with some luck , being honest I left 4 or 5 shots out there but I really enjoyed it and love the game

thanks for the nice words

We always leave shots out there my friend. You could shoot 68 and still think of shots you left out there. It is what keeps us coming back. I wonder how many shots Kim Jong On left out there with his 38 under par score of 34.

The Drive for Dough video is great -- it isn't even really about driving because it applies to the full swing. I can't say I exactly got any benefit in my own swing out of it immediately, but I definitely got a lot smarter about the golf swing and I'm sure it'll be helpful throughout my life as things pop up in my swing, and when I have kids that golf someday, or wanted to simply help out friends. Worth the $49 even if I didn't necessarily improve from it.

Yes my friend , its like a series to help your whole swing , I just picked a few nuggets that i worked on , it was my downswing the problems with the driver were and following his drills im a lot lot straigher

All over two weeks ago on my Saturday round, Went thru Drive 4 Dough Saturday night, next day shot career best 77 and it's been working ever since.

Great to here my friend , thats a fantastic score , I must watch the use the bounce videos now as I need to learnt to hit 30 to 50 yard shots high to stop fast

. At my course they put the flags in tricky little places to catch us out lol

Glad to hear it helped you out. Just wait until you dig into the UTB series.....will definitely save you a few shots a round. The best part is that once you get the motion down...for me at least....it doesn't take much practice to have at least a decent short game.

I gotta say though...I'm a little jealous that you're in Ireland....was there last year and want to go back, love it there...and that wasn't even for a golf trip lol.

I must work on the UTB series as around the greens im pretty tasty getting up and down but i need to work on hitting high shots that stop fast from say 40 yards in

Well if you ever visit again , Im down south in Cork and one of the best golf courses in the world is on my doortstep The Old Head of Kinsale, it is regarded by many as the best in the world.

I have never played there but hope to one day

I must work on the UTB series as around the greens im pretty tasty getting up and down but i need to work on hitting high shots that stop fast from say 40 yards in

Well if you ever visit again , Im down south in Cork and one of the best golf courses in the world is on my doortstep The Old Head of Kinsale, it is regarded by many as the best in the world.

Absolutely....though i gotta say the pubs are kinda hard to leave at times...lol

Driver: Sim2 with Ventus Blue 6x
FWY: Sim 2 Ti w/ TenseiAV Raw Blue 75x
Hybrid: PXG 0317x 17* with Fuji Pro 2.0 85x
Irons: PXG 0211ST w/KBS Tour X
54*: Titleist SM6 S grind black finish
58*: New Level Golf SPN Forged M Grind
Putter: Toulon San Diego

Maybe the 84 was just luck of the Irish.

Just kidding, congratulations and it sounds like you are enjoying it alot which is great to hear.

Ha ha I could do with some luck , being honest I left 4 or 5 shots out there but I really enjoyed it and love the game

thanks for the nice words

We always leave shots out there my friend. You could shoot 68 and still think of shots you left out there. It is what keeps us coming back. I wonder how many shots Kim Jong On left out there with his 38 under par score of 34.

I shot a 75 yesterday my best ever round and was cut from 17.5 to 12.2 , i won the competition by nearly 10 points on stableford

Absolutely....though i gotta say the pubs are kinda hard to leave at times...lol

Our beer is too good brother and the atmosphere in the pubs in ireland are top notch , glad you enjoyed

Monte is an amazing teacher and has significantly helped me.

I agree he is awesome