Jones Bag Users

Comments

• Mtngolfer1Mtngolfer1 Lefty Boomers Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Buzzkill wrote:

Finished my round today and hung up my bag and noticed this:

Buzz, Sorry to hear about your problems with the Jones Bag. I can't imagine that they wont respond in a positive way to improve your experience. Hope it works out for you. Not to get too far off topic but I noticed your are CO WRXer. I just played Pine Creek down in CO Springs for the first time with a client who invited me to play. It was a good experience. We should try to play sometime.
  • BuzzkillBuzzkill Marshals Posts: 6,902 mod
    Mtngolfer1 wrote:

Buzzkill wrote:

Finished my round today and hung up my bag and noticed this:

Buzz, Sorry to hear about your problems with the Jones Bag. I can't imagine that they wont respond in a positive way to improve your experience. Hope it works out for you. Not to get too far off topic but I noticed your are CO WRXer. I just played Pine Creek down in CO Springs for the first time with a client who invited me to play. It was a good experience. We should try to play sometime.

Sounds good!
    WITB - Cobra, Taylormade & Titleist
    Handicap:  3
  • Nixhex524Nixhex524 ClubWRX Posts: 4,165 ClubWRX
    Anybody have issues with their bag rubbing on the wood shafts? I have been carrying my Jones more lately and have been enjoying it, plus playing better golf which is weird, but I noticed a bit of a blemish on the shaft of my G400 the other day... When I put the bag down I noticed it was right where the plastic ring around the dividers (top of the bag basically) meets the shafts. I guess if you have a sock type cover it's more protected but with the boxing glove type cover on the G400, it doesn't quite protect the shaft... Anyone else notice this on any of their wood shafts? I have a Jones original FWIW.
    Taylormade M2 2017 9.5* HZRDUS Yellow 6.0 76g
    Titleist 917f2 15* Diamana S+ 70g 
    Titleist 915h 21*  Rogue black 85
    Bridgestone J15 CB 4-P X100 AMT  SS1x
    Titleist SM6 52/58
    Taylormade Spider Tour red 34"

For those interested Jones just released the limited run of 200 Greyson Blue Camo Utility Stand Bag. Looks great. The Gray Greyson is no longer listed on the page.
    Mtngolfer1 wrote:

For those interested Jones just released the limited run of 200 Greyson Blue Camo Utility Stand Bag. Looks great. The Gray Greyson is no longer listed on the page.

Pretty cool looking!!! Not this camo, but pretty sure my next bag is a Jones stand bag.... I love the original but having a stand bag is just better overall.
    Titleist SM6 52/58

• chilllwavechilllwave Members Posts: 350 ✭✭
    Does anybody know if the cart bag is coming back? I’ve recently started putting together a bag to keep in Florida so I don’t have to fly with my clubs several times a year and I’m simply not interested in owning another bag after using my utility bag.
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Callaway Epic 3W 15˚ - Aldila Rogue Max 75[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Nike Covert 3H - Kurokage 85 [/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Titleist 716 T-MB 4-UST Mamiya Recoil F3 95[/font]
    Titleist 716 T-MB 5-KBS Tour V 110
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Titleist 716 CB 6/7-KBS Tour V 110[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Titleist 716 MB 8/9/P-KBS Tour V 110[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Vokey SM7 - 50F, 55S, 59D[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Miura KM-007[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Jones Utility Bag[/font]
    chilllwave wrote:

Does anybody know if the cart bag is coming back? I’ve recently started putting together a bag to keep in Florida so I don’t have to fly with my clubs several times a year and I’m simply not interested in owning another bag after using my utility bag.

That good?!
    Titleist SM6 52/58

• jumborossjumboross Members Posts: 79 ✭✭✭
    Just ordered a Jones Original today. Love the Ping Moonlite but I struggle with 13 clubs with midsize grips and the Superstroke on my Spider. Hoping I can get all in the Original.
    Ping G400/Ping Tour 65 Stiff 9'
    Titleist 915F 3 Wood Aldila Rogue Silver 70 15
    Adams DHY 18' 2 iron
    Titleist 716 AP2 S300 AMT 4 - PW
    Titleist Vokey SM6 M grind x 2, K grind x 1
    Ping Sigma 2 Tyne 4 35.25"
  • byflow2byflow2 Members Posts: 132 ✭✭
    jumboross wrote:

Just ordered a Jones Original today. Love the Ping Moonlite but I struggle with 13 clubs with midsize grips and the Superstroke on my Spider. Hoping I can get all in the Original.
    Post a follow-up after you get your bag to see how it works... Curious with the midsize grips!
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cobra Fly Z 9.5 Stock Stiff Shaft[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway XR 15* Project X 6.0 [/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cobra Utility 18* Aldia rouge 65g S[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Srixon 565 4,5 - Srixon 6-PW Dynamic Gold AMT S300[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cleveland RTX2.0 52* [/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cleveland RTX2.0 56*[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cleveland RTX2.0 60*[/font]
    Bettinardi [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Queen Bee #9[/font]
    Nixhex524 wrote:
    chilllwave wrote:

That good?!

That good. It’s really a joy to use.
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Callaway Epic 3W 15˚ - Aldila Rogue Max 75[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Titleist 716 T-MB 4-UST Mamiya Recoil F3 95[/font]
  • blav28blav28 Members Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Jun 13, 2018 #552
    Picked up a Jones Players Series and some Seamus headcovers recently.

I usually use vintage Ping L8s with and without stands, so a lightweight simple bag isn't much of a departure. Opted for the Players Series because I wanted the bag to be structured. Was hesitant about the single divider, but didn't miss it on the course. I separated the clubs a bit oddly to create more space in the bottom section. Driver, 3W, 5W, putter, 4 and 5-iron in the top section. 6-PW, GW, SW, and LW in the bottom. Worked out great. No club tangling or grabbing that I noticed, plenty of space to move clubs in and out.

The bag is incredibly comfortable to carry and lightweight - it forms nicely to your back as you walk. The pocket space is limited. The pocket on the back is impossible to get to while you're walking without stuff falling out. No big deal - I rarely need to get anything from there anyway. The other two pockets - I used the larger pocket for tees, markers, etc. I used the smaller pocket for balls. It seemed easier to get at the tees and junk in the larger space. Shipping was very fast - ordered on a Sunday and got it on Thursday.

The Seamus covers are cool - I had a driver cover before, but never used it. Comfortable materials. Only issue is I'd like to see the 3W and 5W covers be made tighter. With only one size for fairway woods, the 5W is pretty loose. I don't think they afford as much protection as leather covers (I usually use Patrick Gibbons covers), and they're about the same protection wise as Jan Craigs.
    M3 9.5* - Fujikura 757TR
    M5 15* - Fujikura Speeder 8.1
    M1 5W - Fujikura Speeder 8.1
    P760 3i - KBS $ Taper Black
    P730 5-PW - KBS $ Taper Black
    Milled Grind 50 & 55 DG TI Onyx
    Hi-Toe 60 DG TI Onyx
    Spider X Navy
    blav28 wrote:

I usually use vintage Ping L8s with and without stands, so a lightweight simple bag isn't much of a departure. Opted for the Players Series because I wanted the bag to be structured. Was hesitant about the single divider, but didn't miss it on the course. I separated the clubs a bit oddly to create more space in the bottom section. Driver, 3W, 5W, putter, 4 and 5-iron in the top section. 6-PW, GW, SW, and LW in the bottom. Worked out great. No club tangling or grabbing that I noticed, plenty of space to move clubs in and out.

The bag is incredibly comfortable to carry and lightweight - it forms nicely to your back as you walk. The pocket space is limited. The pocket on the back is impossible to get to while you're walking without stuff falling out. No big deal - I rarely need to get anything from there anyway. The other two pockets - I used the larger pocket for tees, markers, etc. I used the smaller pocket for balls. It seemed easier to get at the tees and junk in the larger space. Shipping was very fast - ordered on a Sunday and got it on Thursday.

The Seamus covers are cool - I had a driver cover before, but never used it. Comfortable materials. Only issue is I'd like to see the 3W and 5W covers be made tighter. With only one size for fairway woods, the 5W is pretty loose. I don't think they afford as much protection as leather covers (I usually use Patrick Gibbons covers), and they're about the same protection wise as Jan Craigs.
    you have like the exact set-up I want to get....
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Srixon 565 4,5 - Srixon 6-PW Dynamic Gold AMT S300[/font]
  • 9woodfan9woodfan Members Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Love the Jones cart / staff bags I've been seeing on Instagram. Am I wrong these are only available to the Japan market?

• NixLix26NixLix26 Members Posts: 343 ✭✭✭✭
    9woodfan wrote:
    Love the Jones cart / staff bags I've been seeing on Instagram. Am I wrong these are only available to the Japan market?

i saw one on eBay that sold for only $88. Unreal it was in perfect condition. Someone got lucky.

i like my Players bag for walk and range. I use an original bag when riding.
    CURRENT BAG SETUP
    George Izett - Model 129
    SRIXON  - H45  16*
    CLEVELAND - TA3'S form forged   3-PW
    CLEVELAND - 588 CHROME - 53*
    TITLEIST - SM6  58*
    COBRA - 88 Model

[/size]

https://www.instagram.com/nixlix26/
    edited Jun 15, 2018 #556
    9woodfan wrote:

Here you go I see another on eBay it may just be a cart bag though?? https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/263756663328
    CURRENT BAG SETUP
    George Izett - Model 129
    SRIXON  - H45  16*
    TITLEIST - SM6  58*
    COBRA - 88 Model

[/size]

• 9woodfan9woodfan Members Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    NixLix26 wrote:
    9woodfan wrote:

Here you go I see another on eBay it may just be a cart bag though?? https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/263756663328

Awesome... there was another but they wanted $800... LOL
    edited Jun 19, 2018 #558
    blav28 wrote:

Blav28 as a long time Instagram follower. I just want to say that set up is sick. I have the Navy Players and now I feel like I want to mix it up with a white. Cheers 755b03dbbf48cbb2a1131e5ef9e9a8d7.png
    CURRENT BAG SETUP
    George Izett - Model 129
    SRIXON  - H45  16*
    TITLEIST - SM6  58*
    COBRA - 88 Model

[/size]

• PThomasPThomas ClubWRX Posts: 776 ClubWRX
    I didn't sift through to see if it was already answered but 2 questions on the Jones Utility. Are there full length dividers between the 3-way, ie length of the bag? Also, how tight a fit is it for 14 clubs? Would have #3-8 in middle and #9 + 4 wedges on the bottom.

Favorite bag on earth is the old Ping L8 but it gets pretty tight and lacks the dividers and pocket space for an everyday bag so looking for some insight.
    2017 M1 460 9.5 - Diamana BF 60X2017
    M2 Tour 15 - Diamana CK Blue 70X
    TM P790 UDI #2
    TM P760 - #4-9 DG TI S400
    Vokey SM6 46.08F, 50.08F, 54.10V, 58.11K DG TI S4100
    TM Spider Putter
  • tobybeartobybear Members, Media Staffer Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    PThomas wrote:

I didn't sift through to see if it was already answered but 2 questions on the Jones Utility. Are there full length dividers between the 3-way, ie length of the bag? Also, how tight a fit is it for 14 clubs? Would have #3-8 in middle and #9 + 4 wedges on the bottom.

Favorite bag on earth is the old Ping L8 but it gets pretty tight and lacks the dividers and pocket space for an everyday bag so looking for some insight.

If you like the L8 check out these guys https://shaplandbags.com/ Not trying to thread Jack at all, just trying to help. I have never seen one of these but they look high quality.
    The Shapland bags are very nice, with unsurpassed quality, however on the higher end o the price scale
  • leftygolferessexleftygolferessex Essex, UKMembers Posts: 192 ✭✭✭
    I became quite obsessed with their Instagram feed a few months back, I now can't stop looking at them!

Problem is, I live in the UK, it rains a lot, so putting one on the floor isn't really an option I don't think?

If they had the staff/cart bag still, then I would 100% buy one of those, like the one Raz used at the US Open. That could sit in my office looking all pretty

I just bought the new Hoofer 2018, which is nice, but if they do some kind of mega deal on the Utility 2.0 then this could very quickly be swapped out

If anyone does have the staff bag for sale, please just hit me up!
    Cobra F9 Project X HZRDUS Smoke
    Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 13.5 degrees Project X HZRDUS Smoke
    Taylormade M3 18 degrees TENSI Blue
    Ping G400 22 degrees Tour 65
    Callaway Apex MB 4-PW
    Cleveland RTX4 50, 54, 60
    Taylormade Spider X
    Jones Utility Trouper
  • PThomasPThomas ClubWRX Posts: 776 ClubWRX
    tobybear wrote:

PThomas wrote:

If you like the L8 check out these guys https://shaplandbags.com/ Not trying to thread Jack at all, just trying to help. I have never seen one of these but they look high quality.

I've seen these before and although they are probably very nice I can't justify nearly $400 for a bag. Would rather spend the $200 extra on something else that would go into the bag.
    2017 M1 460 9.5 - Diamana BF 60X2017
    M2 Tour 15 - Diamana CK Blue 70X
    TM P790 UDI #2
    TM P760 - #4-9 DG TI S400
    Vokey SM6 46.08F, 50.08F, 54.10V, 58.11K DG TI S4100
    TM Spider Putter
    PThomas wrote:

The dividers are full length. It's not the roomiest bag out there but I use one as my main bag and 14 fits just fine (although I usually don't carry my driver). It can be snug and tangle at times but I've found that if you abandon the thought of trying to keep them in order and just put the clubs in wherever, it works much better.

I set mine up with 4 wedges on the bottom, 4-9 in the middle, D/3W/3H/P in the the top.

I became quite obsessed with their Instagram feed a few months back, I now can't stop looking at them!

Problem is, I live in the UK, it rains a lot, so putting one on the floor isn't really an option I don't think?

If they had the staff/cart bag still, then I would 100% buy one of those, like the one Raz used at the US Open. That could sit in my office looking all pretty

I just bought the new Hoofer 2018, which is nice, but if they do some kind of mega deal on the Utility 2.0 then this could very quickly be swapped out

If anyone does have the staff bag for sale, please just hit me up!
    you and me both.... waiting for a 4th of july sale hopefully so I can pull the trigger on it!
    LETS SEE SOME PICS OF THE GUYS USING THE UTILITY ROVER.
    CURRENT BAG SETUP
    George Izett - Model 129
    SRIXON  - H45  16*
    TITLEIST - SM6  58*
    COBRA - 88 Model

[/size]

• gioguy21gioguy21 NJMembers Posts: 7,929 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    NixLix26 wrote:

LETS SEE SOME PICS OF THE GUYS USING THE UTILITY ROVER.
    comin soon! (tonight)

Epic Flash SZ / 9* (set N/S) / HZRDUS Smoke Green Hulk 60 6.5TX tipped 1.25"
    Epic Flash SZ / 3+ (set -1/N) / HZRDUS Smoke Black 75g 6.5 tipped 2"
    Epic Flash / 5 (set N/S) / BF 90TX Tipped 1.75"
    718 T-MB 2I / PX Flighted 7.0
    Apex MB Chrome / 3-PW / Modus 130 X
    RTX4 / 52, 59 / DG S400
    Piretti Tour 801R / 35.5"

• gioguy21gioguy21 NJMembers Posts: 7,929 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Posted in the other thread as well -- 43bfa9e329ba2b7668390915d88ffe5f.jpg9ac6a213c851b735fe7d9be7f4410a0f.jpg72c121815f965e83bd2779fdbec46fcf.jpg788dd3d1a7cba0ac245c9bf890c4723b.jpg

Epic Flash SZ / 9* (set N/S) / HZRDUS Smoke Green Hulk 60 6.5TX tipped 1.25"
    Epic Flash SZ / 3+ (set -1/N) / HZRDUS Smoke Black 75g 6.5 tipped 2"
    Epic Flash / 5 (set N/S) / BF 90TX Tipped 1.75"
    718 T-MB 2I / PX Flighted 7.0
    Apex MB Chrome / 3-PW / Modus 130 X
    RTX4 / 52, 59 / DG S400
    Piretti Tour 801R / 35.5"

• golftechgolftech Members Posts: 415 ✭✭✭✭
    gioguy21 wrote:
    Posted in the other thread as well -- 43bfa9e329ba2b7668390915d88ffe5f.jpg9ac6a213c851b735fe7d9be7f4410a0f.jpg72c121815f965e83bd2779fdbec46fcf.jpg788dd3d1a7cba0ac245c9bf890c4723b.jpg

Nice!

What kind of headcovers are those?
  • WalterWalter Belgian Golfer Members Posts: 700 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WoW ! Great Looking bags!!!
    Countdown for Augusta!!!
    gioguy21 wrote:

Yeah man. That’s what I’m talking about. I see one in my future.
    CURRENT BAG SETUP
    George Izett - Model 129
    SRIXON  - H45  16*
    TITLEIST - SM6  58*
    COBRA - 88 Model

[/size]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji