First time under par...kinda

CDG1029CDG1029 Members Posts: 171
Went and played 9 on an executive course and shot a -1, 32. The course itself is a par 65 with a course rating of 51 so it isn’t a huge accomplishment, and it was only the front 9. But it felt fantastic seeing that under par at the end of the 9 holes. Had 1 eagle, 1 birdie, and 2 bogeys. It was all in all a pretty clean round, the bogey came from a hole I was 6 yards from the pin but plugged in the rough and ended up with a 20’ par putt.

As an 11 cap, with the course rating I actually appear to have pretty much shot right to my handicap, but I’m not exactly sure how to calculate that as I only use my index for me to track my progress, and not for any completion. Is -1 about where I should have been, high, or low?
2017 Taylormade M2 9.5*
Cobra F7 3W 13*
Titleist 915 H 18*
Bridgestone J40 DPC 4-9
Vokey SM6 46*, 50*, 54*, 58*
Scotty Circa '62 No. 3 putter
Bridgestone B Tour RX

Comments

• wrmillerwrmiller Members Posts: 1,569 ✭✭
    Under par is under par, regardless of where you play. Congrats! image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    Primary bag:
    Titleist 913 D3 8.5
    Titleist 915Fd 13.5
    Titleist 913h 17
    Mizuno MP-18 4-PW
    Scratch wedges 50, 55, and 60
    Bettinardi mid-shank putter

Backup bag:
    Ping G400 9
    Ping G30 fw 13
    Ping G30 hybrid 19
    Ping iBlade 4-PW power spec
    Macgregor VIP wedges 51, 56, and 60
    Bettinardi mid-shank putter
  • ClarkGrswld4ClarkGrswld4 Members Posts: 1,752 ✭✭
    how could a course be a par 65 with a course rating of 51?
  • gioguy21gioguy21 NJMembers Posts: 7,714 ✭✭
    CDG1029 wrote:

Went and played 9 on an executive course and shot a -1, 32. The course itself is a par 65 with a course rating of 51 so it isn’t a huge accomplishment, and it was only the front 9. But it felt fantastic seeing that under par at the end of the 9 holes. Had 1 eagle, 1 birdie, and 2 bogeys. It was all in all a pretty clean round, the bogey came from a hole I was 6 yards from the pin but plugged in the rough and ended up with a 20’ par putt.

As an 11 cap, with the course rating I actually appear to have pretty much shot right to my handicap, but I’m not exactly sure how to calculate that as I only use my index for me to track my progress, and not for any completion. Is -1 about where I should have been, high, or low?
    look at it this way --

did you come away from the round with a better outlook on your game? do you feel more confidence now?

if you can say yes to either of those things - don't sweat the smaller stuff; keep at it. confidence is a snow ball down a hill - (either good OR bad) build on the good and keep it rolling.

good shootin!

Epic Flash SZ / 9* (set N/S) / Fuji Pro 2.0 TS 6X tipped 1.25"
    Epic Flash SZ / 3+ (set -1/N) / HZRDUS Smoke Black 75g 6.5 tipped 2"
    Epic Flash / 5 (set N/S) / BF 90TX Tipped 1.75"
    718 T-MB 2I / PX Flighted 7.0
    785 / 3-PW / PX 7.0
    RTX4 / 52, 59 / DG S400
    Piretti Tour 801R / 35.5"

• Sean2Sean2 #TheWRX (Callaway Trip) Members Posts: 30,826 ✭✭
    wrmiller wrote:

Under par is under par, regardless of where you play. Congrats! image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Yep. :-)
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway Rogue[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway GBB Epic 16º/20º/24º[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway Steelhead XR 25º[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway Apex CF16 6-AW [/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway MD3/MD-PM 54º/58º[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway "O" Works #7[/font]
  • GhostwedgeGhostwedge Members Posts: 655 ✭✭
    This reminds me of the guy who gets an ACE while playing by himself. Itʻs still an ACE.

You were playing on a golf course with real greens and more than all par 3's ( you said par 65 ) you shot 1 under.

Nice card for 9 holes.