2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Push Carts - Average age of owner?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have one but never use it. In fact I barely ever use my cart bag anymore... Mainly have switched to using my walking bag for all duty because I found it's not that much less of a pain to use while riding, and I honestly don't walk much anymore but when I do.... straps + walking bag are good enough.

Only reason I don't sell the bag and cart is that my father bought me both of them, he probably spend $250 on that stuff and I feel like it would be insulting if he found out I got rid of it.

28 and I’ve had mine for about a year now. I should’ve bought one long before that. I enjoy the game a lot more having my 3.5 as opposed to riding and I never walked before because I hated having the bag slung over my shoulders. I play about 4 times a week and mostly use the cart and it’s my cardio as opposed to the god awful treadmill.

I've always just carried my bag or ridden in a cart. But now that I'm in my late 20s and don't have as much time for exercise I'm trying to be active every chance I get. This year I'm really going to make it a point of walking more and more rounds to do so--plus I always play better when I walk. Several of the courses I play regularly are very hilly and have long walks between some holes (Living in SW MO) so carrying a bag gets pretty arduous--especially in a hot humid summer round. I also have a deformity in my lower back that puts some stress right where a carry bag hits, not a huge deal but it does lead to some pain after a while.

Thus a push cart is probably the direction I'm going to go. Will probably still carry when just playing 9.

28 and I’ve had mine for about a year now. I should’ve bought one long before that. I enjoy the game a lot more having my 3.5 as opposed to riding and I never walked before because I hated having the bag slung over my shoulders. I play about 4 times a week and mostly use the cart and it’s my cardio as opposed to the god awful treadmill.

Same boat here. Also, a Guy with the "G" as an avatar and located in Georgia and Missouri has got to be a great person!

• 1 month later...

Proud member of the push cart mafia for the last 6-7 years. My back just can't handle carrying a bag for 18 holes. Before getting my push cart, I probably rode 80-90% of the time, now I walk 75% of the time, until it gets over 100 degrees here in AZ.

I've yet to find someone who got themselves a push cart, and decided, no I would rather carry this big awkward thing on my back on and off for 4 hours.

Age 30. Started playing more competitive golf last year and after one round of carrying, decided to go the push cart route. I see no need to put extra strain on my back. If I were a baller (I am not yet) I would get one of those powered carts and really enjoy the walk.

Titleist TS4 9.5* - Fujikura Speeder 661 TX
Callaway Epic SubZero 13.5* - Fujikura Motore Speeded TS 6.3X
TaylorMade SLDR 2h 17* - Fujikura Pro 83h X
Sub 70 699 ProU 3i 19* - Aerotech Steelfiber 110 X

Sub70 699 5-7i, 699 Pro 8-P - Aerotech Steelfiber 110 X
Maltby Max Milled Wedges .900" - 50* & 56*
Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 64*
Bettinardi Queen B #8
Titleist AVX Yellow (Summer) / Srixon Q-Star Tour Yellow (Winter)
Born in the USA, Made in Detroit, Grinding in San Diego

• 2 weeks later...
I'm 24 and I use one everytime I walk, which is 90% of the time. Only when I'm playing a nice course that doesn't allow walking do I ride.

I have always had minor back problems, so last summer I got a clicgear and I am so pleased that I did.

I have both more energy and way less pain now. I did a lot of reading and the process involved in carrying your bag, picking it up, and putting it down really puts a ton of strain on your back, no matter what age you are. Joints and tendons get stressed at all ages.

From my experience, I play so much better when I walk. Keeps my legs and lower body a lot looser and engaged when I walk up to my ball vs ride. My swing is actually fluid and smooth feeling when I walk. I get stiff and rushed feeling in a cart.

With that being said, a push cart just makes that walk so much easier and less of a struggle on and off my shoulder/s. I'm 32 and have owned and used one for 2 years now and walking is now a pleasure. In my eyes now, riding is for the hacks and old folks, so why not buck that trend?

A rental pull cart, on the other hand, is another thing! But decent 3-wheel push cart setup looks nothing if not professional.

TM 2016 M2 12*(-2 setting) - OG Grafalloy Blue X, 43.5"

TEE XCG7 16.5* 4w, OG Grafalloy Blue S, 41.75"

Wilson D9 18* 4i, KBS Max-R, 39.5”

Cobra King OS 4-G, TT XP95 R300, -.5
Mack Daddy CB 56.14(2* weak)  60.12(3*  weak)

Edel Brick

• 2 weeks later...

At 38 I just ordered my first push cart. Upper back has been bothering me for the last week or so, can’t seem to shake it. Can swing fine though so went out and walked 9 Sunday morning carrying 9 clubs in my Mackenzie. Wasn’t so bad during the round but now my right shoulder is hurting. Never used to do that so I know it related to whatever is wrong with my upper back at the moment, but it was enough to make me want to try out a push cart on the cheap at least. Ordered a Caddytek Caddylite for $80 shipped off Amazon. Figure at that price if I hate it I can unload it on Craigslist easy enough and if I love pushing but find this model inadequate I’ll do the same and upgrade to something nicer. At $80 it made it easy to at least give it a go.

Unfortunate I don’t have a great bag to use on it. Definitely not the MacKenzie so leaves me with a SM 2.5+ or a Jones Utility Stand....will our go with the Jones for my first few rounds with it and reassess from there.

Titleist 913 D3 / Titleist TSi2 15 / Titleist TS2 19h / Miura CB57 4/6/8/P / Miura 55C / Byron DH89 / Mackenzie

• 2 weeks later...

For all the clicgear 3.5 owners.

I've been renting pushcarts for the past few months with a buddy. Most were garbage, 1 was decent. Finally pulled the trigger on a clicgear 3.5 after reading several reviews.

Question: when unfolded, is the push cart supposed to feel like it gives in a lot of places? Never owned one of these and the cart seems almost flimsy... But it also seems like it could be intentional?

This is a terrible analogy but it feels like I build an Ikea dresser and didn't tighten every bolt, but just a little loose, not falling apart loose...

Is this normal?

Was about to join a club and of course they don't allow push carts only carry and the course is gapped out. I can carry fine but, I prefer the push cart allows me to take sand and keep drinks with me. I think it's beyond a stupid rule I assume they want everyone paying cart fee

What club allows you to carry, but not use push carts!!??? That's nonsense. I've seen clubs require carts and not allow walking of any type, but to allow walking but not a push cart is stupid.

PING G400 LST - Hzrdous Yellow X-Stiff
Titleist 910H (17, 21, 24)
Titleist 718 T-MBs (5 - PW)
Vokey SM7 Jet Blacks (50, 55, 60)
Scotty Cameron California Del Mar
Titleist ProV1

Carts are acceptable in two instances for me. Extremely warm weather or when a round must be played quickly(long course, lengthy gapping of holes). Unless the others in my group insist, I will always push/walk given the choice on any other occasion.

TM 2016 M2 12*(-2 setting) - OG Grafalloy Blue X, 43.5"

TEE XCG7 16.5* 4w, OG Grafalloy Blue S, 41.75"

Wilson D9 18* 4i, KBS Max-R, 39.5”

Cobra King OS 4-G, TT XP95 R300, -.5
Mack Daddy CB 56.14(2* weak)  60.12(3*  weak)

Edel Brick

33 and use a push cart for 90% of my rounds. I will carry early in the season when it’s still wet in the mornings. I find that pushing a cart uphills in wet grass and through wet grass to be more difficult and a bigger PIA than carrying.

Taylormade M1
Titleist 913F 13*
Mizuno MP-54
Vokey 52 and 56
Piretti Potenza II

33 and committing to walking this year except for a few rare situations.

Taylormade Sim 9° (set to 7°) - Fuji 53k X 

Cobra Rad Speed Tour 5 Wood 16° - Speeder 757 Evo TS X

Mizuno MP Fli Hi 18° - C Taper 125 S+
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 23° - C Taper 120 S
Srixon z785 5-PW - KBS TourV X

Cleveland ZipCore 50° - Tour S400
Ping Glide Pro Forged 54°/ Eye Toe 59°  - Tour S400
Seemore mFGP2 
Podcast - "Rough Fairways - A Journey to the PGA Tour" available on Spotify - Pandora - Apple

Hello all,

I am 35 years old and I just purchased a CaddyTek EZ Fold 3-wheel push golf trolly. Before purchasing the EZ Fold I was 50/50 on riding vs. walking. I prefer to walk but I make my decision depending on the course and/or the folks I am playing with that round. A little about me, I played competitive golf in high school and college (D3 NAIA) then I entered the real world where my profession could give two sh!ts about my desire to practice/play a hobby/sport. I play with a regular group of friends. I've been playing with them for about five years [now] and they all use push carts. All three of them have told me to consider the option but I shut them out. They're in their late 40's and early 50's so I am the young buck of the crew. I fought the urge for years based off of pure ego/stupidity. After decades of walking and carrying I decided that my health was more important than my ego. I purchased an EZ Fold push golf trolly and I couldn't be more pleased with the quality, value, and relief of stress on my back. Back fatigue is a real and I wish I had been more receptive earlier on...

06/01/2018 UPDATE

I just upgraded to the Bag Boy Quad XL. I’ll use it for a few rounds this weekend. Looking forward to it :-)

1c82338e1e5b002a101d0217412e06af.jpg

I love golf

Driver:  2018 Cally Rogue 10.5* (Set to 12.5*)

Fairway Metals:  Ping G30 14.5* and 18*

Irons:   PXG Gen3 0311P (4-G) MMT80 Stiff

Wedges:  PXG 0311 Forged 54*/58* MMT80 Stiff

Putter:  Odyssey Stroke Lab “Double Wide” 34”

Bag:  G-Fore Daytona Plus (AKA: Vessel Lite)

Played my first ever round with a push cart today and it was nice!

Few weeks ago my back was really bothering me and carrying didn’t seem to be helping so I figured I’d give a push cart a try. Didn’t want to drop a bunch of money since I had never used one so picked up a CaddyTek Superlight v11.5 for about $80 off Amazon. Have to say, for $80 this thing is pretty great! Folds/unfolds easy, rolls well, and carries a stand bag beautifully. Used my SM 2.5+ and it was a great fit. Only issue was it was slIghtly top heavy so any steep upslope posed a bit of an issue as it would get tippy. Fell back twice in 18 holes, one totally my fault as I let it roll down a hill and it rolled out further than I expected and hit the upslope to a tee box which tipped it back.

Other than that though, loved the ease of it. Back felt better and was great to get my phone and xtra ball out of my pocket.

Not sure it will replace my beloved Mackenzie anytime soon (which is off for a quick repair) but really glad to have it as an option, especially when walking 18 with a full(ish) set.

Titleist 913 D3 / Titleist TSi2 15 / Titleist TS2 19h / Miura CB57 4/6/8/P / Miura 55C / Byron DH89 / Mackenzie

31 here with a clicgear. I switch it up from straight carrying and using pushcart.

Main reason is for speed, can walk a 3 hour round easily when using cart.

Titleist TSR3 10.0* Fujikura Ventus TR Red 5S

Ping G425 14.5* Autoflex 505x

Ping G410 17.5* Fujikura Ventus Blue 7S

Sub70 949X 22* HZRDUS Smoke RDX Red 

PXG Gen3 0311T N.S. Pro Modus3 120

Vokey SM7 50/8, 56/11

Vokey SM8 M Grind 60/08

Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5

Birdie wrap blue - logo only - jpeg - small-100.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Love my sun mountain speed cart had it since I was early 30’s. Yeah get picked on a bit, but it’s easy on the body.

The one guy in our usual group who carries and doesn’t use a push cart actually gets needled about it sometimes. He loves being the one 60-year-old who hasn’t given in yet!

Love my sun mountain speed cart had it since I was early 30’s. Yeah get picked on a bit, but it’s easy on the body.

The one guy in our usual group who carries and doesn’t use a push cart actually gets needled about it sometimes. He loves being the one 60-year-old who hasn’t given in yet!

Not quite there yet (60). But when it's closed to carts I'll be the only one in our group carrying and not pushing.

• 2 weeks later...