Vice golf balls

mark98ca

I have played with Vice PRO and Vice SOFT and both are outstanding golf balls. They are almost if not as good as the ProVs.

Snell and the Kirkland Signature 3 and 4 piece golf balls are great as well. For the price any of these brands to me is superior to paying $40-48 for a dozen of the big brand name premium balls.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Found a Vice Pro+ in the woods during my last round. Haven’t had a chance to play since then(almost 3 weeks :( ) will probably have to try it out next time I get out.

Have played TM TP5, Nike RZN TP, and this pro plus is very close. Durability is a little worse.. But for the 5 dozen price it can't be beat in my opinion. I have 12-15 dozen Nike TP RZN left so I can't justify any yet.. But it will be my future golf ball.

• 4 weeks later...

After testing Cut and Vice balls, I've settled on the Pro+. The Pro is good too, but like the feel of the plus better.

I just can't decide on colors to order. Are the red and lime significantly less durable than the white? I found the white to be durable enough.

May just have to order a few dozen white and the others red and/or lime

Driver, 3W, 4W - Macgregor Custom Tourney
2-10 - 1954 Spalding Synchro Dyned
SW - Wilson Staff
Putter - Bullseye
Ball - Pro Plus

YT Channel - [url="https://www.youtube.com/PlayVintageGolf"]https://www.youtube....PlayVintageGolf[/url]

After testing Cut and Vice balls, I've settled on the Pro+. The Pro is good too, but like the feel of the plus better.

I just can't decide on colors to order. Are the red and lime significantly less durable than the white? I found the white to be durable enough.

The lime and red are not durable. I think they paint the urethane and then clear coat so any scratch will show the white urethane underneath.

Depends on how many trees, cart paths and the sharpness of your grooves on how long they would last, but compared to other yellow balls they are probably the least durable, but the best color. Trade off IMO.

Cobra F7+ - Stiff
Callaway V-Series 3 & 5 wood with Aldila Rouge Silver
Srixon 585 5-AW - Modus 105 Stiff
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 53 & 58 Degree
EVNROLL ER5
Srixon XV - Yellow

The lime and red are not durable. I think they paint the urethane and then clear coat so any scratch will show the white urethane underneath.

Depends on how many trees, cart paths and the sharpness of your grooves on how long they would last, but compared to other yellow balls they are probably the least durable, but the best color. Trade off IMO.

I wonder if it's like the Pro Soft Matte finish, which showed wear with every shot, it seemed.

SW - Wilson Staff
Putter - Bullseye
Ball - Pro Plus

YT Channel - [url="https://www.youtube.com/PlayVintageGolf"]https://www.youtube....PlayVintageGolf[/url]

Played the Pro+ today for the first time and I was very very impressed. I e played everything this year and up until today the Tour Bx was my favorite ball but I feel the Pro+ performs just as well but feels better to me. I love the logo and if you order 5 dozen the price can’t be beat. It’s a no brained for me.

Stay Tuned...

I got 5 dozen of the pro plus. Love the ball based on my testing.

I got 3 dozen white, and then 1 dozen each of red and lime. I'm worried about the durability of the colored balls, but they are too tempting and I have to give them a try.

SW - Wilson Staff
Putter - Bullseye
Ball - Pro Plus

I bought 3 dz of the Pro+ a couple of weeks ago and got them out for a test drive this past weekend. I really like them. Really good ball. I will keep playing them for all 3 dozen but am not sure if I will make them my go to ball going forward or not. But I wanted to try them out as I like different, newer, products.

Specs: Driver SS is 117-120, 6i SS is 95. I play to a 4 index.

Here are my thoughts:

Driver - This is the biggest negative for me with the Vice ball. It def. goes, distance isn't an issue. My issue is with the feel. It's hard for me to describe but the ball feels heavy off the club face. Not necessarily solid, not like thud, it just felt heavy. I have no idea why that's the feeling I was left with as I have never had this feeling with other golf balls before, but it's the only way I could really describe the feeling. Heavy. With that said, the ball went every bit as far as the Bridgestone B330 I have been playing for a couple of years now.

Irons - This is the biggest positive for me. For as much as I don't like the feel off the driver, I LOVE the way these feel off the irons. I like them more so than the Bridgestone and Pro V1s. They seemed to launch a hair higher than the Bridgestone. I found they spun pretty equal to the Bridgestone. Most every shot which hit the green was a one hop stop. Very impressed with these balls during iron play. High launch and soft landing. Exactly what I want.

Wedges - Neutral for me here. Good feel, good spin, overall very good off the wedges. They seem to spin pretty close to the Bridgestones, but, for me a little less than the Pro V1 and Pro V1x. I actually switched to the Bridgestone because I wanted a little less spin so the Vice Pro+ seems to be exactly in that spin range I want. Very consistent ball off the wedges.

Putter - Great feel off the putter. Not mushy like the Chromesoft, not clicky like the Bridgestone. Kind of a soft and solid feeling off the putter face. Actually feels closer to a Pro V1x off the putter face than a Bridgestone. That to me is a big positive as my biggest negative with the Bridgestone ball is the feel off the putter face.

Durability - I only used 1 ball for 18 holes and it was a bit of a errant round as I hadn't played in a month. I hit 8 fairways but ended up in the desert on 5 or 6 of the missed the fairways. The ball held up OK. Not great but OK. It seemed to scuff more frequently than the Bridgestone. I have always felt the Bridgestone was more durable than both Pro V1s... Vice seemed to wear more in line with the Pro Vs than the Bridgestones. Overall, it seemed to wear fine. Not great but not bad (like the FG Tours which just shred).

Overall - After just 1 round I am convinced these are very good golf balls. To me, their performance is solidly in line with the ProV1s and premium Bridgestones of the world. The price point, especially when you buy 3 or dozen, is obviously much better. I also like Vice's logo as it's more edgy than other brands. I will certainly enjoy playing out the rest of the 3 dozen balls I bought and then will reassess if I buy them again from that point on. The feel off the driver to me is a pretty big negative but the rest of the ball is so good I can overlook that. I still haven't hit a ball which feels perfect on every type of swing (at least every type of my swing LOL).

Driver: PXG 0311 Gen 4 9*
3w: Taylormade Sim 15*
Hybrid: Titleist 816h 21*
Irons: PXG 0311 Gen 5 T 4i thru GW 
Wedges: Vokey SM9 54*, 58*
Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5

I have played with Vice PRO and Vice SOFT and both are outstanding golf balls. They are almost if not as good as the ProVs. Snell and the Kirkland Signature 3 and 4 piece golf balls are great as well. For the price any of these brands to me is superior to paying $40-48 for a dozen of the big brand name premium balls.

Who is paying $48/dzn?? wow!!

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

I have played with Vice PRO and Vice SOFT and both are outstanding golf balls. They are almost if not as good as the ProVs. Snell and the Kirkland Signature 3 and 4 piece golf balls are great as well. For the price any of these brands to me is superior to paying $40-48 for a dozen of the big brand name premium balls.

Who is paing $48/dzn?? wow!!

Anyone who goes to Dicks, PGA Tour Superstore, Golf Galaxy, etc etc.

LApiWww.jpg

LApiWww.jpg

I can get them for $39.99 all day every day... same for the AVX as well.

the second point i was trying to make is more of a why question....

BALL; Chrome Soft X

haha I was/am. Well not technically I would always stock up on the 3 dozen with 1 free sale they do at the start of the year but yeah I mean it's $48 a dozen off the rack.

My take on golf balls and saving money on them is that people spend too much time trying to chance a deal on golf balls for what ends up not being a ton a money. I use around 6 dozen golf balls a year playing around 50-60 rounds a year. I pay $144 for my first 4 dozen a year (that's the buy 3 get 1 free deal). For my next 2 dozen I pay $96 ($48 a piece for Bridgestones). So that's $240 for a full year of premium golf balls.

That's really not much money in the scheme of a year of golf. Now the savings? 6 dozen Vice balls (if you buy them all at once) cost $150. So I can save $90 a year. I mean that's one round of golf... heck that's 9 holes in the winter in Phoenix.

I get that $90 is $90 and saving money is great. But sometimes I read these forums about golf balls and see the lengths people are going to save money on balls. Or my buddies back home making $125k a year buying a big batch of used golf balls or bulking up with 10 dozen balls because there's a sale. Sometimes seeing the lengths people are going to save money on golf balls makes me scratch my head because of all the expenses in golf equipment, it's one of the cheapest... outside of golf tees it may be cheapest.. $2500-$3000 a year in greens fees, $1500 in equipment, $50-$100+ polo shirts, shorts, shoes and yet playing $50 golf balls is absurd.

Either way, I like the Vice golf balls and the fact that they are cheaper is an added benefit.

haha I was/am. Well not technically I would always stock up on the 3 dozen with 1 free sale they do at the start of the year but yeah I mean it's $48 a dozen off the rack.

My take on golf balls and saving money on them is that people spend too much time trying to chance a deal on golf balls for what ends up not being a ton a money. I use around 6 dozen golf balls a year playing around 50-60 rounds a year. I pay $144 for my first 4 dozen a year (that's the buy 3 get 1 free deal). For my next 2 dozen I pay $96 ($48 a piece for Bridgestones). So that's $240 for a full year of premium golf balls.

That's really not much money in the scheme of a year of golf. Now the savings? 6 dozen Vice balls (if you buy them all at once) cost $150. So I can save $90 a year. I mean that's one round of golf... heck that's 9 holes in the winter in Phoenix.

I get that $90 is $90 and saving money is great. But sometimes I read these forums about golf balls and see the lengths people are going to save money on balls. Or my buddies back home making $125k a year buying a big batch of used golf balls or bulking up with 10 dozen balls because there's a sale. Sometimes seeing the lengths people are going to save money on golf balls makes me scratch my head because of all the expenses in golf equipment, it's one of the cheapest... outside of golf tees it may be cheapest.. $2500-$3000 a year in greens fees, $1500 in equipment, $50-$100+ polo shirts, shorts, shoes and yet playing $50 golf balls is absurd.

Either way, I like the Vice golf balls and the fact that they are cheaper is an added benefit.

To be honest, i have soo many dozens of all kinds of golf balls stashed that if i actually just played one ball and used only what i needed. It wouldnt worry about spending premium price on the ball either. For some reason i always see my stash pile shrink a little, then i go buy 2 dozen of something. then here and there a dozen of something to try, then another dozen because, whats one more??

BALL; Chrome Soft X

The most important thing is find the ball you like and then find the best way to load up on them.

Just as I agree its silly to bargin shop constantly, its equally mind boggling to watch those that have to play an expensive ball for status.

I have gotten some serious weird looks when I pull out a Snell or a Vice... like I am drinking box wine or something.

Cobra F7+ - Stiff
Callaway V-Series 3 & 5 wood with Aldila Rouge Silver
Srixon 585 5-AW - Modus 105 Stiff
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 53 & 58 Degree
EVNROLL ER5
Srixon XV - Yellow

The most important thing is find the ball you like and then find the best way to load up on them.

Just as I agree its silly to bargin shop constantly, its equally mind boggling to watch those that have to play an expensive ball for status.

I have gotten some serious weird looks when I pull out a Snell or a Vice... like I am drinking box wine or something.

haha I pulled them out the other day and my buddy laughed. But he gets it. The Vice balls are really good. I like them a lot. I have 3 dozen of them and not only am I happy I was able to save some money on them, I'm happy to play them. They are a really good ball. Ill see if the feel off the driver gets better (or if I get more used to it) but I was happy with the spin, flight and feel off the irons. I want to see how they preform in more wind. That is something I think the Bridgestones excel in. Maybe it's because I feel they spin a little less than the Pro Vs, maybe it's the dual dimple design, maybe it's both... But I always felt like the bridgestones held their line better and weren't as impacted by the wind as ProVs. Curious to see how the Vice ball performs in those conditions.

Either way, I'm happy to say the Vice ball is another good option for my game.

To be honest, i have soo many dozens of all kinds of golf balls stashed that if i actually just played one ball and used only what i needed. It wouldnt worry about spending premium price on the ball either. For some reason i always see my stash pile shrink a little, then i go buy 2 dozen of something. then here and there a dozen of something to try, then another dozen because, whats one more??

haha seems logical!

I almost bought 10 dozen balls once. And as I was about to click buy, something trigger in my mind... 'What happens when a new ball comes out in 3 months I like it more than these? Ill be stuck trying to figure out what to do with 8 or 9 dozen of these'... So I keep my ball purchases to 6 - 12 months at a time lol

haha I was/am. Well not technically I would always stock up on the 3 dozen with 1 free sale they do at the start of the year but yeah I mean it's $48 a dozen off the rack. My take on golf balls and saving money on them is that people spend too much time trying to chance a deal on golf balls for what ends up not being a ton a money. I use around 6 dozen golf balls a year playing around 50-60 rounds a year. I pay $144 for my first 4 dozen a year (that's the buy 3 get 1 free deal). For my next 2 dozen I pay $96 ($48 a piece for Bridgestones). So that's $240 for a full year of premium golf balls. That's really not much money in the scheme of a year of golf. Now the savings? 6 dozen Vice balls (if you buy them all at once) cost $150. So I can save $90 a year. I mean that's one round of golf... heck that's 9 holes in the winter in Phoenix. I get that $90 is $90 and saving money is great. But sometimes I read these forums about golf balls and see the lengths people are going to save money on balls. Or my buddies back home making $125k a year buying a big batch of used golf balls or bulking up with 10 dozen balls because there's a sale. Sometimes seeing the lengths people are going to save money on golf balls makes me scratch my head because of all the expenses in golf equipment, it's one of the cheapest... outside of golf tees it may be cheapest.. $2500-$3000 a year in greens fees, $1500 in equipment, $50-$100+ polo shirts, shorts, shoes and yet playing $50 golf balls is absurd. Either way, I like the Vice golf balls and the fact that they are cheaper is an added benefit.
haha seems logical! I almost bought 10 dozen balls once. And as I was about to click buy, something trigger in my mind... 'What happens when a new ball comes out in 3 months I like it more than these? Ill be stuck trying to figure out what to do with 8 or 9 dozen of these'... So I keep my ball purchases to 6 - 12 months at a time lol

its a disease.

BALL; Chrome Soft X

LApiWww.jpg

I can get them for $39.99 all day every day... same for the AVX as well.

the second point i was trying to make is more of a why question....

In Canada Pro Vs are $64 a doz before 13% sales tax at the big box golf stores!!!!

I personally don't know who's buying them at the price, but I know that NOBODY I golf with is.

Red and lime look great. I went 3 dozen white, 1 doz red, 1 doz lime to play it safe. Probably will do more colored balls next time.

SW - Wilson Staff
Putter - Bullseye
Ball - Pro Plus

I have lost a couple of the lime pro plus balls in the middle of the fairway. I have no idea where they went and there was no one else there to pick them up. They straight up vanished. Multiple people could not find them.

Other than that I love these balls

That's odd. The color is one of the reasons I play Vice - you can damn near see them from space they are so bright.

Been playing these since Feb this year so many rounds under belt average 1 per week since then.

Previously played TP5x & ProV1x.

Barring the slight discolouring issue on these they are cracking balls for the price.

Tried the mixed pack preferred the Pro Plus over all.

Great off all the clubs

I actually find them slightly softer than the other 2 mentioned. Spin is comparable on all, I'm 90 mph with 6 iron if that helps.

A friend with a slower speed thought for him they felt slightly hard, so if you pick the right one for the speed overall v good.

Some may scoff at the name but after shooting 73 gross last weekend I'm sticking with these with 3 dozen to go.

Ignore the name try the variety pack and see which suits.

Best line on ball there is out the IMOP.

All the best.

PING LST 8.5' / Stretch 13.5' / G400 17'
Callaway Apex Pro 4 to PW, Mack Daddy Forged 50, 55, 60
Scotty X5, Vice Pro Plus in White

So anyone tell me how similar the Vice Pro Soft plays to a Callaway Chrome Soft? Been thinking about giving the Vice a try as I like the color options but the Chrome Soft ball just seems to work for me.

Pro Soft cover feels slightly firmer than the CS. I find the regular CS (like alot of softer balls) comes off the putter too hot. Haven't had this issue with the Pro Soft.