2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Ping I210 irons & Glide forged wedge

GolfWRX

tried i200, and I hate the feel. It's not even close to any forged face. what am I missing?

Forged-smorged. Doesnt make a damned bit of difference. It's the mass behind the sweet spot in MB blades that gives that gratifying feel, not forged versus cast.

i200s and now i210s are a cavity back. They'll never feel entirely like an MB blade, but Ping's use of polymer inserts to tune the sound/feel of these irons gives them a gratifying feel in their own right. Different than an MB blade, but nice nonetheless for those desiring more forgiveness.

based on your theory, say Titelist cb should feel similar to i200 because both are cb? lol, cb716 is much better than i200 in terms of the feel.

i200 feels very sturdy and firm, which some people might like, but I didn't feel that softness you get from other forged clubs.

I love the feel of a Mizuno true forged blade (MP series) more than anything. I've hit 'em all, and there's not a cavity back iron, Titleist, Mizuno, Ping, forged or cast that will ever match that feel.

You may enjoy Titleist forged CBs, but it ain't even close compared to a true MB blade. No mass behind the sweet spot. It's that dense mass behind the ball more than anything that gives the feeling of nirvana on a purely struck shot, not whether its forged or cast. Also why it will sting your hands like crazy when you miss the sweet spot! (The areas of the face away from the sweet spot are still forged, right, yet it doesn't feel very soft on those shots does it...lol?)

USGA Index: ~0

[b]WITB[/b]:
Ping G410 LST 9 degree - Tour AD IZ 6x
Ping G410 LST - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Kasco K2K 33 - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Callaway RazrX Tour 4h - Tour 95 shaft
Ping i200 5-UW (2 flat) - Nippon Modus 105X
Taylormade HiToe 54 (bent to 55 & 2 flat)
Taylormade HiToe 64 (Bent to 62 & 2 flat)
Palmer AP30R putter (circa 1960s)
Taylormade TP5X Ball

• Replies 844
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tried i200, and I hate the feel. It's not even close to any forged face. what am I missing?

Forged-smorged. Doesnt make a damned bit of difference. It's the mass behind the sweet spot in MB blades that gives that gratifying feel, not forged versus cast.

i200s and now i210s are a cavity back. They'll never feel entirely like an MB blade, but Ping's use of polymer inserts to tune the sound/feel of these irons gives them a gratifying feel in their own right. Different than an MB blade, but nice nonetheless for those desiring more forgiveness.

based on your theory, say Titelist cb should feel similar to i200 because both are cb? lol, cb716 is much better than i200 in terms of the feel.

i200 feels very sturdy and firm, which some people might like, but I didn't feel that softness you get from other forged clubs.

I love the feel of a Mizuno true forged blade (MP series) more than anything. I've hit 'em all, and there's not a cavity back iron, Titleist, Mizuno, Ping, forged or cast that will ever match that feel.

You may enjoy Titleist forged CBs, but it ain't even close compared to a true MB blade. No mass behind the sweet spot. It's that dense mass behind the ball more than anything that gives the feeling of nirvana on a purely struck shot, not whether its forged or cast. Also why it will sting your hands like crazy when you miss the sweet spot! (The areas of the face away from the sweet spot are still forged, right, yet it doesn't feel very soft on those shots does it...lol?)

I hear your love for MBs.... but my point was that what's so great about i200 compared with other CBs or any other COMPARABLE models? I am loving my ping stealth wedges so I wanted to try ping irons but this was a dud for me. Maybe i500 would be better.

Honestly, i210 design is not like 'WOW' .. and based of many fanfare of ping users, I thought there was something special about ping irons.. I haven't felt or seen one yet.

I hear your love for MBs.... but my point was that what's so great about i200 compared with other CBs or any other COMPARABLE models? I am loving my ping stealth wedges so I wanted to try ping irons but this was a dud for me. Maybe i500 would be better.

Honestly, i210 design is not like 'WOW' .. and based of many fanfare of ping users, I thought there was something special about ping irons.. I haven't felt or seen one yet.

Feel is subjective, water is wet. Carry on.

PING G400 Max 10.5° (+)
PING G430 fairway 18° (F-)
PING G430 hybrid 22°, 26° (F-)
Irons tbd
PING s159 53W, 58B
PING Serene B60
Maxfli Tour yellow

I went in to a reputable Ping dealer in the capital city of NC and talked about these with a employee. Discussed the looks and how Ping has come up with no doubt their best wedge to date and then we discussed the price, $200 per club was quoted. Whew! Kind of pricey. I would like to give them a shot but price is a little bit of a turnoff, but never say never.

Callaway Epic Max 10.5 Mitsubishi AVBlue 65 S
Callaway Paradigm HL 3 wood Hazardous Silver 60S
Callaway Rogue ST 5 wood Mitsubishi Tensi Blue AV

Ping I25 4-LW ZZ65 

Scotty Cameron Newport 2 2013

Bridgestone B RX
God Bless America

Stay Free

I500s

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

I may be in the minority here, but I like the aesthetics of the i200 better.

Those wedges look amazing!

I concur...

Taylormade SIM MAX driver 10.5 Ventus R
Taylormade SIM MAX 3w 15 Ventus R
Taylormade SIM MAX 5w 18 Ventus R
Taylormade SIM MAX 4h 22 Ventus R
PXG 0211 5-LW
Taylormade Spider X Chalk
OUUL Gator cart bag

Look nice, but I'm honestly curious where people are getting the i200s for $85/club :D

Talk to your club pro. Assuming you are a member of a course that is a Ping fitter. Online MAP is $100 club I believe. I got an 8 club set for $680 out the door.

Exactly right! I got 4-U (8 clubs, Modus 105 shafts) for $689 from my fitter here in Dallas. I also ordered two original Glide wedges for $89 each as we were told by Ping that they were still

available...Ping sent 2.0s.

PXG 0211 5-LW
OUUL Gator cart bag

Looks like a much bigger CTP at least in exposed surface area cover. Not sure how deep it goes. A couple of buyers and fitters that have tried both irons, said the i210 has a much better feel than the i500. i500 had an odd sound and feel but was better than the G700 by a lot, which is good. i210 Obviously not as long with 3 degrees weaker lofts. One guy thought the i210 felt as good as his 718AP2s which seemed like a good thing. Better feeling than i200 that they had there as well. Maybe worked on feel with same performance as the i200. Thought the wedges were fine but nothing special. One guy liked the Glide stealth better for feel. Seemed limited in grinds. Didn’t see any WS, SS, TS, ES

The finish wears off but over time it evens out. There is a thread on bar keepers friend and scotch Brite if it is that much of an.issue as it is just a surface coating.

I got impatient for the wear to even out so I did the scotch brite pad and bar keepers friend trick. Took all the superficial marks off and left a nice even satin sheen that looks much nicer.

PXG 0211 5-LW
OUUL Gator cart bag

Not discounting your experience, but coming from AP2s, the I200s feel just as good when flushed. I’d also add that miss hits feel less harsh with the I200s.

PXG 0211 5-LW
OUUL Gator cart bag

WOW... both the irons and wedges are absolutely gorgeous. The irons look like their significantly less offset than what is normal for their "i" iron line. I can honestly say I would be willing to try those out and give them a go if they play as good as they look.

I have a feeling that these are going to be back-ordered for a month or longer if they are as good as they look. When the PING i20 irons first came out I was selling two sets every day... but it helped that they performed unbelievably well too. I actually think these are the best looking irons they've put out in recent memory... maybe even better looking than the S55 which I didn't think would ever happen for a PING.

Hey PING... I will take a set of the irons & wedges, specs as follows:

i210 (3-9, P, U)- Dynamic Gold S400 Tour Issue, Std Length, Blue Dot, Tour Velvet 58R logo down

Glide Forged (54 & 60)- Dynamic Gold S400 Tour Issue, Std Length, Black Dot, Tour Velvet 58R logo down

Thanks!!

LOL

PS- If there is a 2 iron I will take that too... PXi 6.5 though @ +1/2", Yellow Dot

? Then order them duh

The post was just in fun-- I don't like them enough to pay for them. I was National and Regional Fitter of the Year in different years for PING when I was a golf pro so I didn't pay for golf clubs for almost 10 years. But I still have a good relationship with PING hence my post-- it was just meant as a joke. Now that I have to pay for clubs, I buy the irons I want and use them until their worn out. I did just buy a G400 MAX driver though.

[b]XHP 3-Deep (13)- 7.3X @ 43.5”
X-Forged UT (#3- 21)- DG X700
716MB (5-PW)- DG S400
Vokey (TVD SM7 RAW 52 & SM6 RAW 58)- DG S400
Cameron Napa California @ 34"[/b]

Looks like a much bigger CTP at least in exposed surface area cover. Not sure how deep it goes.

the CTP of i210 is of a different design in that it's not about going any deeper in the head, it's about it positioning/size makes it now go further up the face (the talk will be more "vibration dampening"). the CTP material itself is also a different softness (it's softer) than i200's CTP. you can literally feel it squish when you push on the CTP bar with your finger (once again, the talk will be more "vibration dampening"). ;)

edit: and just to confirm for anybody, the i210 will be 431ss, just as what was used in i200.

Looks like a much bigger CTP at least in exposed surface area cover. Not sure how deep it goes.

the CTP of i210 is of a different design in that it's not about going any deeper in the head, it's about it positioning/size makes it now go further up the face (the talk will be more "vibration dampening"). the CTP material itself is also a different softness (it's softer) than i200's CTP. you can literally feel it squish when you push on the CTP bar with your finger (once again, the talk will be more "vibration dampening"). ;)

Preference of i500 vs i210 for a slower swing old guy who's a forged snob but needs help in the longer irons? #mouthful

Preference of i500 vs i210 for a slower swing old guy who's a forged snob but needs help in the longer irons? #mouthful

my friend, you'll want to be giving the i500 a demo. :good:

edit: and just to confirm for anybody, the i210 will be 431ss, just as what was used in i200.

Hopefully they have that increased area of the CTP cover reinforced. You could put dents in the i200 one pretty easy with a fingernail when testing to feel softness of material. This bigger area looks more exposed like it would be more apt to get damaged by other clubs..especially if the material is softer

Hopefully they have that increased area of the CTP cover reinforced. You could put dents in the i200 one pretty easy with a fingernail when testing to feel softness of material. This bigger area looks more exposed like it would be more apt to get damaged by other clubs..especially if the material is softer

iron headcovers ;)

in all seriousness tho, interesting point

Why do all manufacturers think that more forgiving irons MUST have loads of offset. Is there not a huge market for better players who want more forgiveness in the irons without the hook bias.

They don't make all 460cc drivers or even hybrids offset so why do it with the irons.

Eventually they will figure this out and is will be heralded as a breakthrough.

Why do all manufacturers think that more forgiving irons MUST have loads of offset. Is there not a huge market for better players who want more forgiveness in the irons without the hook bias.

They don't make all 460cc drivers or even hybrids offset so why do it with the irons.

I’ve been thinking that too! Why not give us a i200/i210 with a players, that’s the one that that throws me off with these. I want to game them but not sure I could switch from my current blades with basically no offset

In many of the S series before the S55 Ping had fixtures that could press most of the offset out of the irons. When they started chrome plating them they would no longer do it as it would crack the chrome. S58, S57, maybe S56, but definitely not S55.. Could do slight reductions in i series as well. Lots of tour pros had it done, was pretty expensive like $25 a club.

They do. They are called iBlades.

I get what you mean, but the reason they do that isn't so much because they are draw bias. It's that they are so much easier to launch. Usually a player seeking that type of iron struggles most with getting a long iron up in the air high enough to be playable. I think with hybrids and with the amount of tech they have in "player" irons now, this category of iron is almost obsolete.

Cobra King LTD Black

Callaway Epic Flash 3w

Callaway Mavrik 5w

Callaway Mavrik Pro 4h

PING iBlade 5-PW
PING Glide 50°
Titleist Vokey 54° s

Ping Glide 58° es

Bettinardi BB1

I got to hit the i210 i500 and forged wedge today..very good reports.. the 500 is like a titleist tmb. Very slight ting sound at impact but not too off putting. It goes miles. The head is smaller than the new i210 too. I didn’t like the tmb as it popped up too much but had a much stronger flight with the i500.

The i210 is very good too. In my opinion more forgiving than the i200 but softer feeling that’s i200 or the forged i500.

There is a large vibration dampening material at the rear that seems to really improve the feel. I would still personally pick the i blade over this but I’m sure it will be a massive seller as its very easy to use.

The wedge was a new one on me all together. I’m saying it’s the best wedge ping have ever made forged and milled to perfection. Great looking with simple lines. Feel was immense. Very nice classic look at address too. This wedge is great!!!!!!

I took a few pics and will get them up

Looking forward to seeing your photos !!!

What's in my Ping Pioneer Bag

Ping G400 Max 10.5˚, Alta CB 55 S-Flex

Ping G400 5w, 7w, Alta CB 65 R-Flex
Ping G400 5h, 6h, Alta CB 70 R-Flex

Callaway Apex CF16 7-PW, UST Recoil 660 F3 R-Flex

Titleist Vokey Tour Chrome SM8 50.12F, 54.12D, 58.10S, Mitsubishi Tensei Pro AM2 Red R-Flex

TaylorMade Hi-Toe 64˚ Wedge, Recoil ES 760 F3

L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1 34”/74˚ Black with Custom 1+28 Sightlines, B.G.T. Stability Tour Black shaft w/ LAB Press OG 3.0 Grip

Srixon Z-Star XV Yellow | Srixon Q-Star Tour Divide Orange/Yellow, Seamus Headcovers

Callaway Chrome Soft #1 Lost Ball on Tour - Mark Crossfield

I got to hit the i210 i500 and forged wedge today..very good reports.. the 500 is like a titleist tmb. Very slight ting sound at impact but not too off putting. It goes miles. The head is smaller than the new i210 too. I didn’t like the tmb as it popped up too much but had a much stronger flight with the i500.

The i210 is very good too. In my opinion more forgiving than the i200 but softer feeling that’s i200 or the forged i500.

There is a large vibration dampening material at the rear that seems to really improve the feel. I would still personally pick the i blade over this but I’m sure it will be a massive seller as its very easy to use.

The wedge was a new one on me all together. I’m saying it’s the best wedge ping have ever made forged and milled to perfection. Great looking with simple lines. Feel was immense. Very nice classic look at address too. This wedge is great!!!!!!

I took a few pics and will get them up

You may want to think twice before you post pictures. Assuming you work in a shop or big box, but you post those pics you might as well have your rep fired. I keep my phone well away from me whenever my rep comes by with new stuff for that very reason. PING is tight about who gets to see what and when.

PING G410 LST 9* (Weight neutral) - HZRDUS Black 6.5 
PING G410 14.5* LST - Tensei Pro Orange TX 70
PING Blueprint 3-Pw - KBS Tour S+ - Cushin
PING Glide Forged (Ping Man stamps) - 50º/54º/58º - KBS Tour S+ - Cushin
PING PLD Anser "Honey Badger"
Bridgestone Tour B XS

And embargoed photos will get pulled off of here anyhow.

BTW, has anyone confirmed tungsten in the wedge toes? They have that framing around the loft stamp, and it's similar to when they stuffed it into the s55...

14 Pings. Blueprints are incredibly good. Fetch is the most underrated putter on the market. Don't @ me.